Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Brief Escape (Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
A Brief Escape (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
A Brief Escape (Open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
A Brief Escape (Open) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
A Brief Escape (Open) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Brief Escape (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

A Brief Escape (Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 4:01 pm

As Elenore stepped out in to the cold, Scottish air, she pulled her coat around her a little tighter. Coldness was not something she was unaccustomed to, but the snows had brought a dramatic dip in temperatures, and the young Hufflepuff had not yet had time to adjust to the temperatures.

Unusually, the Clement witch was alone, making use of the final few days in the castle to settle her mind. Jacques would, undoubtedly, summon both Caramarienne and herself back to Versailles for the holiday, and Elenore was not best pleased with this.

However, until the day came where Elenore had the power to speak against her brother, she could not change this fact. Making her way down to the Black Lake, Elenore looked out across the calm waters, collecting in the serenity of the moment to keep her from feeling blue. Ice covered the surface of the lake, and Elenore was quite sure the idiots of the school would soon be using it as a skating rink.

As much as she hated to admit it, Elenore was actually going to miss Scotland this Christmas. It had... in a way, felt more homely than Versailles ever could.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
A Brief Escape (Open) Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Ryder had been looking forward to going home, since his uncle had promised him he would take him Quidditch shopping. Since he wanted to have some fun, shopping, and everything. Which had him wonder what he could do as he stepped out into the cold air. The twelve year old loved snow, which provided him the ability to snowboard or ski, two winter activities he loved to do.

The Gryffindor soon looked and he decided to make his way out to the black lake. Since it was good too see how stupid some people were if they were going to make use while people were out. Even though he had been considered stupid at times as well, because he loved to find some trouble to get himself into.

As he got closer to the lake, he saw someone there, which made him wonder who it was. Ryder began walking over to her, since he wanted to be nice, perhaps maybe have an adventure or whatever until he had to go home. Where his aunt and uncle, made sure he behaved, because they were sent tons of letters for his behavior.

He soon walked over to the girl he'd seen, since he felt that it would be right to make conversation with her. " Hello I am Ryder, and what are you doing? " asked Ryder kindly.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Getting lost in the scenery would have been easier had you not been taught from a very young age not to get comfortable anywhere except the comfort of you own room. Though, even in her own room, Elenore did not completely relax herself. So, Elenore had heard someone heading in her direction, their footsteps betraying them easily from the direction they were coming.

Elenore, however, did not turn to acknowledge the person heading her way, instead, keeping her eyes looking out across the lake, and the beauty it held.

The silence of the moment was broken by the voice of the peron who had come to her side, and Elenore turned to see who it was. Giving the boy a small, polite smile, the Clement witch took in who the boy was, and knew without doubt he was not one of her people. Unlike Jacques, however, Elenore was much better at pretending not to look down her nose at such people.

Perhaps it was the sweet, kind face that did that.

"Hello Ryder." Elenore responded softly, a lady didn't have to raise her voice to be heard, after all. "I'm Elenore." The French witch continued, her accent not concealed as she spoke her name with the French notes properly. The question made Elenore's eyes move back to the lake for a moment, the boy was in her year, if she remembered correctly, but she was quite sure he would not have the mind set she had, so she went for part of an answer.

"I'm taking in the beauty of the lake, before I return to France for the holidays." She replied, glancing back at him. "And you?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:13 am

Ryder had enjoyed talking to people, and meeting new people, as he soon looked out to the scenery which came with it. Since Hogwarts was beautiful he could say, after all who would not say Scotland was nice, and then hearing the witch reply to him, made him smile, as he heard her name being Elenore.

" That's a pretty name Elenore. " said Ryder noticing her french accent which he had nothing against. Since he loved meeting new people, and being one who would rather be with friends then learn, this was just something which made him smile. Even though his sister tended to scold him for not studying, since he had not had the ability to study, because he tried before and it never worked.

Soon listening and smiling, " Well the lake is beautiful, unlike most lakes I have seen. Which looks even more nicer when it is colored with the seasons. " said Ryder. Even though he knew he probably sounded stupid, since he tried to make conversation.

" I am just exploring and getting my last in before I return home to my uncle's with my sister. Since then my uncle wants me to behave, since he received a few notes about my behavior. " said Ryder with a kind smile.

Ryder smiled at her, since this girl seemed interesting, " That's cool, I just live in Liverpool with my aunt and uncle, as well as my sister, since I never really meet my parents. " aid Ryder which was true he never met them.

" Do you live with you parents? " asked Ryder.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 2:44 pm

The comment on her name being pretty was something Elenore let slide. Merlin knew she did not need such petty compliments to know how valuable she was. But... for people such as the boy that had just arrived, they probably thought it was nice, and maybe even necessary to make such comments to another person.

The comment of the lake being beautiful was at least something they agreed on, but the most beautiful? The boy beside her had obviously not travelled if he believed this to be one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. But, again, Elenore didn't comment, instead simply giving the boy a small smile to show she had heard his opinion, but (pretending) not to have anything to add to his statement.

Learning that the boy had behavioural problems put Elenore off wanting to know him more. Elenore, whilst tolerant, still had standards she cared to adhere to, and this boy was not going to be good company, in her mind. "You're not one for the rules, then?" Elenore commented, deciding she would check her understanding before casting the idea of friendship aside. Subtle breaking of the rules, Elenore didn't mind. But down right disrespect for rules was another matter completely.

"My parents, and my grandparents." Elenore replied in response to his question. She didn't much care for whether or not Ryder had met his parents, they'd only just met, after all, and what he did, or did not, have was his business.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Ryder had been trying to make conversation, since that's what he tried, since he was not a book person, he was a people person. Since who would not be, talking to others was education in itself, which meant he learned about others backgrounds. Then Ryder looked at the girl, " Nope, but that does not mean I will do anything in my power, to make sure I get myself expelled, I just love causing mischief. " said Ryder with a smile.

Which was true, sure he hated rules, but he not do anything to get himself expelled, which surprised him, since he gotten plenty of detentions. " I have gotten numerous detentions, and I am the total opposite of my twin sister, who is more smarter than me, " said Ryder with a smile.

Ryder wanted to make friends, and not have people thinking he was such a horrible person. Since he was just rambunctious, and just loved being a kid. He was after all, a kid at heart, and probably going to always be a kid at heart. Then looking, and letting out a brief smile, " That's cool, my parents gave my sister and I up for adoption, but my uncle took us in, and raised us like his own, since he loves to spoil us, well to a degree. " said Ryder.

" Well I think I am thankful that I was not placed in an orphanage, but placed in a loving home with a loving family. " said Ryder. Since he was and not placed in place where there was mean caretakers and those who wanted to not really care. He had people who he considered his parents, and they would say his children whenever they were around others.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 3:17 pm

The idea that this kid liked mischief was enough for Elenore to know that there would be no friendship here. However, she would have to endure the boy until he left, because Elenore was not rude. Many things in the world she might be, but there was a definite lack of rudeness in the French witch's personality. Well, open rudeness, anyway. When the boy was gone, and she could find time to speak with Caramarienne, Elenore would likely tell her sister of how much of an idiot the boy was.

"I see..." Elenore responded to the boy's comment of working on not getting expelled from the school. What more could she say when she did not share any of the qualities with the boy?

The comment that this boy's twin was smarter did not come as a surprise. The way he spoke was with poor English (and that was coming from someone who's second, maybe even third language was English) which showed he was not the brightest spark in the light bulb. Elenore simply gave a small, amused smile, hoping to deter any further comment from being necessary in that moment.

Surprisingly, the boy carried on the conversation about his family, and Elenore was left in a position of not knowing what to say. Caramarienne had been orphaned, yes, but she didn't speak so brazenly about the topic... or, perhaps, that was just because Caramarienne was a lady, and not... this boy.

"I'm glad your Uncle did that for you." Elenore responded, trying to end that topic of conversation because, honestly, she didn't care. The boy was of no use to her, and this information was rather unnecessary.

"I thought you were looking for adventure..." Elenore prompted, hoping to get the boy to leave her be. His incessant talking was making her regret coming to the Lake, but what was a girl to do?

Last edited by Elenore Clement on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 4:42 pm

There was no lie that Ryder loved to talk, and was often considered annoying for it. When he got the chance to talk, sure he would talk someone's ear off. Well honestly who wouldn't since he was social, and did not care if others hated it. Ryder believed in his eyes he was just being a kid. Then Ryder looked, and smiled. " Exactly, since I hope to become a professional Quidditch player some day. " said Ryder.

Even though he had no clue which team he would play for, well I guess it was whatever team, wanted to take him and recruit him. Since he hoped he would, because otherwise he had no clue, unless he somehow become a shopkeeper at a shop. Or become an inventor of pranks, or start his own business. He did not know truly, since who can know really, when they can just be a kid.

" He is a good man, and I thank him for putting up with me for so long, and not casting me off, but that's whatever. " said Ryder with a smile. Since he had soon began to realize that perhaps saying about his family was not the smartest thing to do.

Well who ever said he was smart, and if he was smart it was for certain things, that he actually cared about. Which was anything that did not involve textbooks. Soon letting a grin out, " Yeah I will get back to it soon enough. " said Ryder.

Since he wanted to go have fun and see what fun he could have until it was back to his uncles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Brief Escape (Open)   A Brief Escape (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Brief Escape (Open)
Page 1 of 1