Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] Empty
PostSubject: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 6:45 pm

Verena was fuming. After everything she had done that evening, she had believed that Roman Hughes had fallen and that she would be able to lure him into spending as much time with her as possible. But of course, something was going to destroy her perfectly executed plan, even when she had thought of every detail. When she had constructed it so carefully. But she hadn't believed that another man was going to steal him away from her. Well, he wasn't an actual man, from what he seemed, since no man was ever able to resist her beauty. But how could Roman allow that?

Being dragged of without another word, leaving her standing there looking so foolish. How dare he? And he even had the nerve to say that he would send her an owl? How... stupid could he be?

Angry beyond the point of control, Verena apparated back at home, looking more flustered than ever. Hopefully, her parents would still be out, since the last time she had checked they were on a nice trip somewhere away, and Christopher would probably be busy doing who knows what.
Throwing her bag on a nearby sofa, Verena groaned and sat in the loveseat, still shaking, and completely oblivious to the fact that her brother had seen everything.
"He is so going to regret this.."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Christopher had been granted the weekend home from Hogwarts - or rather, his parents had kindly signed him out of school for the weekend to attend to some family business. Truthfully, Christopher wasn't overly needed in the business, but he'd taken a few small notes from his father as he worked, before waving them off on their short holiday somewhere in the UK. Christopher would be taken back to the castle by the staff, leaving him free to please himself.

A gym session had been the start of that much, and he'd kicked one of the servants backsides in a game of squash. He'd checked on his horse after that, before lazing about in the oversized Richardson bathtub.

Sports could only do so much to soothe a soul, Christopher had learned as he grew older. Other needs had come in to play more recently. Today, however, Christopher was quite relaxed in himself, and after a long soak in the bath, he'd changed in to something a little more comfortable. It wasn't the height of summer, but Christopher didn't much care about the cold.

Having made his way downstairs in the hopes of finding a new book to discuss with Serafina when he heard the commotion that could only belong to one person. Verena was home. A smug look took over his features as he stood in the doorway of the sitting room, watching his sister's little tantrum.

A tantrum he had a vague idea to.

"What, did someone turn you down? Or... did you not get what you wanted? Both? Hmm... Curious... who could possibly have enough of a hold over you..?" Christopher asked, moving in to the room and taking his sister in a little more. "I'm guessing the dress didn't work, huh?" He asked, motioning to the rather skimpy attire his sister was currently wearing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 7:26 pm

At the sound of her brother's voice, Verena let out a long, loud groan. Christopher was not always the one with power, since she was older, but now, that he was old enough to understand things and do business, he had the upper hand. After all, he was the Richardson heir, and even if he was younger than her, he could still control her. Control who she could see, and who she couldn't. Control who she was going to marry. And if Verena gave him just one reason to hate Roman, she was doomed.

"What, did someone turn you down? Or... did you not get what you wanted? Both? Hmm... Curious... who could possibly have enough of a hold over you..?"

Verena turned to look at Christopher, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. He was never going to change, and it did take her a while to accept that but now, she could not be affected by his foul comments.
Verena loved Christopher more than he knew. Hell, she loved him more than she knew. But they had never allowed themselves to show that. They couldn't. That was what Verena had been hearing since the day she was born. But truthfully, she had missed how they used to spend so much time together when they were both kids, and they had some free time they could spent together, of course.

"Plans didn't go exactly as I wanted, I guess." Verena knew better than to use the usual 'None of your business' phrase. It was his business, and that was why she would never voice those words.
Verena knew her place, even if she didn't act like it.

"I'm guessing the dress didn't work, huh?"

"It did, actually. But it can't affect homosexual people too. They always destroy the moments."
Verena let out a small laugh and shook her head, pushing herself up.
"There's nothing you should worry about, Chris."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 7:35 pm

"It's unladylike to roll your eyes, sister." Christopher reminded his sister playfully. Truthfully, when they were alone, Christopher didn't much care for being proper, but he voiced the comments that Serafina always brought up when someone didn't act perfectly up to standard. As much as he might like to annoy Verena, he knew both of them had a mutual distaste for Serafina's rules.

"What plans were they?" Christopher pressed, wondering if Verena would give in to him. She didn't have to, not overly, just yet - but he probably didn't have to remind his sister that he had power enough to sway their father in to many things. Like him being here right now, for instance. It worked as a nice advantage to getting what he wanted, most of the time.

The comment on homosexuals made Christopher shake his head at his sister. If only she knew everything around here. "Well, if you let someone who doesn't like you get in the way, chances are you didn't have your claws quite so tightly in your prey, did you?" Christopher asked, amusement playing on his lips. "Oh, and... you'll probably find a gay man has more interest in your clothes than a straight man. But, I may be generalising a little too much there...

"So, who escaped my sweet sister's grip? I must congratulate him on his success!" Christopher joked, noting his sister getting up. "You know, running off isn't going to quell my interest, either. So you might as well tell me where you've been." He prompted.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 8:14 pm

"It's unladylike to roll your eyes, sister."

"Do not lecture me, Christopher. I happen to know what's ladylike and what's not. But I don't have to act my part when we are alone. Wasted talent, I call it."
Verena believed that it was a waste of time to act like a true lady when she was alone with her brother. He knew who she was, lady or not, and playing her part didn't make any difference. He could see right through the tricks, he was a Richardson prepared for everything. And that was why Verena did not even bother trying to act like a lady.

"What plans were they?"

Of course, the Richardson princess knew well enough that Christopher would never give up, but for a moment, she had truly hoped he would. She didn't want to go into details about her affair with Roman Hughes. Or whatever that was really. She couldn't name it an affair just yet.
Though she was pretty positive that if he truly wanted to learn, he would. So it would be better if she was the one to tell him about it.

But before she could speak another word, there he went, lecturing her once again and pointing out the obvious. That her effect was not as big as she believed it were. And that was the reason why Roman was able to get away from her without her even having the chance to stop him. It was making her blood boil, though. How her brother kept adding fuel to the fire.

"Oh, and... you'll probably find a gay man has more interest in your clothes than a straight man. But, I may be generalising a little too much there...

"So, who escaped my sweet sister's grip? I must congratulate him on his success!"

"Oh Chris, I don't think you really want to know. I mean, don't you have more interesting things to do?"
Clicking her fingers, a house elf appeared next to her, bowing and asking her what she wished for. After requesting a glass of wine, the elf disappeared and Verena turned her attention back to her brother.

"You know, running off isn't going to quell my interest, either. So you might as well tell me where you've been.

"If you need to know, I was invited to attend a Quidditch Match. That is all."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Winding up Verena was one of Christopher's favourite activities - as it was with all of his sisters - because he was going to inevitably win. Oh, of course they won some arguments, or a stale mate occurred when Christopher couldn't kill the argument himself, but in the end, he was the heir to the Richardson fortune, and now, he had a say in the things that were going on. Not total control, no, but a say - which was something he enjoyed thoroughly.

Power without needing to do very much, really.

The pause in between his questioning was frustrating for the Ravenclaw, but his patience won out. His sister ordered a glass of wine, and when the elf looked to him for any requests, Christopher waved the creature away. Drinking away problems was a new low - one Christopher had not seen in his sisters before, but he supposed this was the joy of adulthood.

For Verena, at least.

"A Quidditch match..?" Christopher asked, quirking an eyebrow at that. Only a handful of Purebloods went in to Quidditch - though Christopher was making assumptions here, but he figured Verena would not go below her station to a Quidditch match, even if invited. "I can't see how a Quidditch match has you this riled up, sister. I didn't think you were that... passionate for the sport." He insisted, watching her carefully as he put emphasis on the word passionate.

"So... what really happened? Please, don't leave out details." Christopher pressed, purposefully pushing Verena in to some kind of answer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 9:49 pm

"A Quidditch match..?"

Verena raised an eyebrow at him as well, a small playful smirk on her lips. Christopher was not stupid, and he knew well enough that Verena was not a fun of the sport, but the witch was not going to just make it easy for him. If she had to tell him about what had happened, which, eventually, she would have to, she was going to do it on her own pace.

"Why do you sound so surprised, little brother?"
The reason for that though, was obvious.

"I can't see how a Quidditch match has you this riled up, sister. I didn't think you were that... passionate for the sport."

Verena laughed, and at the same time, the elf was back with her glass of wine. Taking it, she cast away the creature and went back to sitting in the loveseat, sipping some of the finest red wine.
"A fan of the sport, no, not really. But Quiddtch is played by men. Handsome, powerful, Pureblood men."

But as Chris pressed her further on spilling the beans of what had happened, Verena finally gave up. She didn't want to have a headache, and Christopher was very close to giving her one, already.
"Mister Hughes invited me to the game, as an apology for having to leave from our party so soon. She wanted to make it up to the family, that is all there is to the story. Oh, he won, by the way!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Christopher was not so stupid as to answer the first question that Verena posed to him, instead, the boy kept his mouth shut, and gave his sister a look that said he was on to her. Verena simply was not the type to hurry off to a Quidditch game - and Merlin was he going to be annoyed if this had been more than one ticket for the game - because, hello, Christopher absolutely loved Quidditch!

The knowledge it had been Roman Hughes that his sister had gone to see was a shock, however. And, for a moment, the shock registered on Christopher's face - he was still young, he had time to get a firm grip on his emotions before they became a weakness in later life - as he looked at his sister.

"You're gallivanting with the Hughes son?" Christopher asked incredulously. "They're... not even proper Purebloods! Does father know you went to see him?" Christopher continued, not understanding his sister's actions for a second before he shook his head. "Of course his team won, they're the best side in the league - but you haven't answered-" The boy cut off as he took in his sister, and reality dawned on him. How could Verena be so stupid?

"You're not trying to date Roman Hughes, are you? Surely you know father would never allow it? A Murray, sure, but a Hughes?" Christopher insisted, shaking his head at the idea. There was simply no way Verena could be serious!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Verena was positive that once Chris learned that there was another invitation for the match, one that he could probably take gladly, he will be grumpy for the next week. Christopher was the best Quidditch Player at Hogwarts, and she knew that very well. The sport was a love for his, and even if she wanted to keep him happy, bringing him along would have destroyed her perfect plan. Not that it wasn't destroyed anyway, but at least she had managed to have a taste of the Hughes son.

But that was not the only problem she had to deal with now. The shock on Christopher's face was quite obvious, at least for a little while, at the sound of her words. Verena knew well enough that the Hughes had a completely opposite ideology of the one the Richardson's did, but it would still be beneficial if these two families came together. It would help the Richardson's look more modern, and the Hughes would still be connected to the higher society of Purebloods. They would be recognised. Chris had to know that.

"You're gallivanting with the Hughes son?"

"Chris.."
But her brother did not want to understand. He was not done with speaking his mind, and the witch knew what would follow would be Chris simply being idiotic and not able to spot the benefits of this union.

"They're... not even proper Purebloods! Does father know you went to see him?"

At that, Verena's eyes went wide. Standing up, she walked over to her brother and looked at him dead in the eye. Things were getting serious.
"I am currently doing the job you should have done! No, father does not know, and he doesn't have to know. If you speak a word to him, I will make sure to inform him how you completely neglected the benefits that would occur from a relationship with the Hughes."
Verena was playing with fire, she knew that, but she was not going to allow Chris to throw away her only chance of happiness.

The comments about how his team won had managed to distract Chris for just a couple of seconds, but then he was back to the conversation and how this was not going to have a good ending, if it even had a beginning.

"You're not trying to date Roman Hughes, are you? Surely you know father would never allow it? A Murray, sure, but a Hughes?"

"I'm.. I am not trying to date Roman Hughes, Chris. I'm.. simply trying to keep him close. And there is no way you're marrying me to a Murray! Grow up, Chris! I love you, and you are the heir to this family, but I will not sit and watch as you destroy it!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 7:55 pm

"A job I should have done?" Christopher growled back as she moved towards him. Many people might have taken a step back seeing Verena Richardson coming towards them in such a manner, but Christopher knew she would never hurt him. Not because of his power, but because she was his sister, and even if they didn't always see eye to eye, family came first. "I'm not here to babysit you, sister, and in case you haven't noticed, I've been stuck in Hogwarts for the last few weeks!" Christopher reminded her, he was in no position to help her find a match there.

"And I'm not not seeing the benefits - I see benefits in abundance for Roman Hughes, but for you? I see only a path that sets you out to be 'modern' and that... that's dangerous!" Christopher insisted - mostly because their tutors told them as much, but also with his own brain. If you started being 'modern' and accepting of the lesser people, you didn't hold power, wealth and political advantage.

It would be like... throwing it away.

But, Verena continued with her explanation of what she wanted from Roman, and the word close registered quickly, tying everything together at the speed only Christopher could, and his hand instinctively reached out to his sister's wrist. His grip was firm, but not painful as worry touched his features. "Please tell me you didn't try to sleep with him, Verena?" Christopher insisted, glancing at the door despite the fact he knew they were alone. "You... know that you can't possibly take him to bed before you... you could never marry if someone found out..." He told her - and for the first time in the conversation, Christopher was not trying to take the higher moral ground, he was genuinely worrying about Verena, and the decisions she was making.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next