Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Talking to the Snake (Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Talking to the Snake (Naomi) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Talking to the Snake (Naomi) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Talking to the Snake (Naomi) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Talking to the Snake (Naomi) Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Talking to the Snake (Naomi)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Talking to the Snake (Naomi) Empty
PostSubject: Talking to the Snake (Naomi)   Talking to the Snake (Naomi) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 6:17 pm

Casey had been thinking over what Humphrey had told her about this Slytherin girl Naomi he was trying to make friends with, and she was a little worried about it. She knew that not all Slytherins were like that Dakota girl, but he'd already been hurt by that Brooklyn girl and she didn't want to see him hurt again. She was in the study area working on her potions assignment when she saw a girl that seemed to match Humphrey's description of Naomi and she frowned. Finishing up the paragraph she was working on, she walked over to the older girl. "Mind if I have a word, Naomi?" she asked, wanting to get a feel for whether or not she would be a good person for Humphrey to hang out with. He might not listen to her regardless of what she said, but she still felt she had to do something.

As she waited for the other girl to reply Casey began to wonder whether she would even be taken seriously. After all she was a first year and the other girl probably didn't know who she was, so she might just blow her off without thinking anything of it. Casey started to wish she'd put more thought before just waking over here to talk to her, but it was too late to turn back now. Trying to find a bit of that Gryffindor courage she supposedly possessed, she locked eyes with Naomi's and tried to look confident and sure of herself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the Snake (Naomi)   Talking to the Snake (Naomi) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Naomi had paid little mind to Humphrey after their run in in the forest. Truth be told, he was much too quirky for Naomi's liking. She had needed the calmness of her own friends, so had, for the most part, retreated to being unavailable to being sought out by the boy. And, it had worked. Christmas had come around, which meant snow engulfed the grounds, most people stayed inside, unless they wanted to get attacked by snowballs.

Naomi had holed herself up in the study area today - none of her friends liked to study so openly, so it gave Naomi time to herself. For the most part, this tactic seemed to be working, until a voice - a female voice - interrupted her mid-sentence in her Potions essay.

Looking up at the girl before her, Naomi wondered for a moment how she knew her name - she had no idea who this girl was. A false smile touched the Slytherin's lips, and in an instant, her guard was put up in an instant, and Naomi waited for a moment for further explanation as to why this girl had appeared. Nothing came, though, so Naomi decided she had to reply.

"I guess..." She replied, taking the girl in a little more. "But, before you do, who in Merlin's name are you?" Naomi asked, a little frostier than she meant to be, but it was simply the wall talking, keeping her safe.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the Snake (Naomi)   Talking to the Snake (Naomi) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Casey blushed just a little when she asked who she was, having completely forgotten her manners at the opportunity to talk to her. Ignoring the cold edge to the girl's question, she held out her hand to her. "Sorry about that, forgot my manners. I'm Casey, and I assume Humphrey's mentioned his little sister. Well, that's me." she said, giving her a slight smile in hopes that would help matters. In her opinion, smiling was always a good thing to do, but sadly not everybody shared that view. "Mind if I sit down?" she asked, hoping that it would be okay.

Naomi hadn't really done anything yet, but Casey found herself intimidated by her. She had a confidence to her that she simply didn't have yet, and it made her nervous. Humphrey said that she was kind of moody, and she found herself wondering whether this was one of the moody days or not. Casey didn't want to be a bother to the other girl really, merely wanted to make sure that Humphrey's trying to be friends with her wouldn't end up in disaster. Not something she was in control of she knew, but it still wouldn't stop her from trying.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the Snake (Naomi)   Talking to the Snake (Naomi) EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 9:34 am

As the hand was extended to her, Naomi simply looked at it, but didn't take it. Honestly, who greeted people like that any more? Naomi was not going to point this out, but she wasn't going to go along with it, either. "Humphrey..." Naomi pondered on the name for a moment - she had not forgotten the quirky Hufflepuff, of course, but Naomi was not about to get really excited over the sound of the boys name. "Oh, the Hufflepuff." Naomi added, though she didn't sound keen on the subject.

"He might have mentioned you, I don't really remember." Naomi finalised, before looking back at her work. Hopefully this girl, Casey, would get the message, and leave her alone. Naomi had never been one for small talk, and she was not about to make a start on that now, either. Merlin only knew what the girl before her wanted, but Naomi was not interested, either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the Snake (Naomi)   Talking to the Snake (Naomi) Empty

Back to top Go down

Talking to the Snake (Naomi)
Page 1 of 1