Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) Empty
PostSubject: Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)   Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:53 am

Caspar was planning on running a few errands that morning. He had some time to slip out of Hogwarts. He needed to pick up a number of plant foods and some pesticide, a new book on plants that Caspar was interested in. A quick look around the Quidditch store was more than likely in order to check out the new range of sports clothing before stopping for some marshmallows for his hot chocolate.

Normal people might have a list, but Caspar was not so organised as to have done that.

Apparating to Diagon Alley, Caspar made a beeline for Gringotts. He had to get some money out for his purchases that day. The Herbology professor was not great at keeping a stash of money on himself, so he was quite a regular face at the bank. Moving up to the counter, Caspar's eyes moved to the blonde witch beside him. Not because of the woman, but because of the small hair piece in her hair. Frowning slightly to himself for a moment as he tried to place it, Caspar's attention was taken for a moment by the goblin.

"Here you go, Mr Loverin." He said, counting out Caspar's money and then bagging it up for him. Accepting the money with a thank you, Caspar moved closer to the witch beside him and cleared his throat.

"Excuse me, but is that a moondew hair clip that you're wearing?" The Irishman asked, smiling a little nervously as he waited for the witch to respond. To him, it was not weird to ask about the plants.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)   Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm

With the rise of break-ins, missing people, the lot of it, Scar had been assigned to go undercover. There had been word of a potential attack at Gringotts, though no exact date was known (yet anyway). So she was waiting, watching, to see if there was anyone suspicious around.

She was off to the side, dressed not at all like herself. She was wearing a flowy dress that reached her knees, the front of her hair clipped back. There wasn't much of a need to change her appearance too much- she wasn't known to the public or anything like that- she enjoyed her privacy. But a change of dress could do wonders- it was rather inconspicuous compared with her usual type of dress- that was very formal and almost business-like.

And she waited, watched, pretending to go about her business like it was any other day, looking as though she wanted to make a withdrawal.

That was until someone initiated a conversation, asking about her hair clip.

"Moondew?" she took the clip out and looked at it "I'm not sure actually, just picked it up," she replied, not taking much notice of the man for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)   Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 8:42 pm

As the clip was taken out, Caspar's hand moved out to take it - that was what the witch was taking it out for, right? With the clip in his hand, he twirled it between his fingers, inspecting the piece a little closer, and beginning to smile to himself as he found himself to be correct.

"Yes, it's moondew! An unusual choice, I must say. It originates mostly in Scotland, and is a key ingredient in both the Wiggenweld Potion and the Draught of Living Death. Not poisonous, of course, otherwise you'd likely not wear it like this." Caspar explained, much too informed on the plant to not be weird. "Where did you come across this?" He asked, holding the piece back out to the witch so that she could replace it where it once was.

"I ask, because my mother might like something like this." Caspar added, because his mum would - of course, telling a woman (a young woman) they might be wearing something your own mother would like was probably not the best line any man could ever use when first talking to a woman. But Caspar was not very good at these things, and very clumsy with his thought process.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)   Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 11:54 am

Scarlett found herself only half-listening to the man as he rattled on about the clip. She had to keep her attention on her task. Though at the same time, she needed to look inconspicuous, and that seemed to mean replying to polite conversation.

The wizard asked where she had come across the clip, explaining how his mother might like it.

"Oh, I'm not sure," she replied with a smile "I got it quite a while ago, from my sister," she said, before scanning across the room, taking the clip when it was handed back to her and putting it back in her hair absently "Though I can certainly ask her if you'd like. Do you come here often?"

In any other situation, she'd be more than happy to have a chat. The man seemed nice, and was very handsome. But she simply couldn't afford to let her guard down at the time. She figured sticking to small talk, so she didn't appear rude.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)   Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 7:45 pm

The comments of not really knowing, and having had the piece of jewellery for a while was not one Caspar had wanted to hear in truth, but it was the answer he had to work with. Feeling a little put out by that much, Caspar did his best not to show it, because it wasn't really the witch's fault, in truth.

"No, no, I wouldn't wish to be a bother. It's just a pretty piece. Sorry." Caspar responded, almost ready to go when he was asked if he came here often. The Professor smiled, leaning against the counter and considering this for a moment. "Not really. I'm based up in Scotland, you see, so coming down to London - though you can Floo, or apparate - isn't something I do very often. What about you? Are you local to here?" Caspar asked, keeping the conversation going.

Though, this woman seemed distracted...

"Are you okay? Has someone upset you?" Caspar asked, noticing her eyes were scanning the room much too much. Moving to stand in front of the witch (because he was obviously completely unaware of what she was doing), Caspar took a better look at the witch. Was she upset? Merlin he was rubbish when it came to women...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)   Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 4:05 pm

"Oh, I live here, in London. Though I might be relocating up to Scotland too, if all goes to plan with work and that. Not that it'd be much of a big deal, with all the wizard means of transport, it's not difficult to come down when needed" she replied, smiling warmly "What is it you do?" she asked, genuinely curious, though still needing to continue to scan the room.

She must have been too noticeable, because he'd moved in front of her, obviously concerned, asking if she was alright. And honestly, she wasn't sure how to respond at first, without blowing her cover. "Oh, I'm fine, honestly," she insisted,"It's uh, a habit, to just glance around. A bad one too, I might add. I'm sure it looks rude," she said, rather quickly, resisting the urge to look around once more. She didn't like appearing rude, especially to someone seemingly so nice. But if something were to happen on her watch, it would look very bad on her part.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)   Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 7:06 pm

"That sounds good - what are you heading up to Scotland to do? I heard that Hogwarts has a couple of openings, will you be joining them?" Caspar asked, only knowing this because he worked there. "I work at Hogwarts myself, Herbology Professor!" Caspar explained, the smile on his lips growing exponentially in that moment because he really did love his job.

"Oh, I see!" Caspar replied to the witch as she explained that it was simply a bad habit. He smiled to show that it was okay, and that he wasn't offended by her actions. "Well, at least you know that you're doing it, I have been told a couple of times that I can go off on tangents about my plants, and I don't even know I'm doing it until one of my friends tell me that they don't really care...

"Kind of embarrassing really..." He mused, looking away sheepishly for a moment before looking back at the witch, and giving her a somewhat hopeful look. "Would... you by any chance like to get a drink... or an ice cream?" He asked, knowing you could get both in Diagon Alley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)   Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar) Empty

Back to top Go down

Running Errands (Scarlett & Caspar)
Page 1 of 1