Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Jake Newbury

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Meeting someone new { Max } Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Meeting someone new { Max } Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Meeting someone new { Max } Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Meeting someone new { Max } Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Meeting someone new { Max } Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meeting someone new { Max }

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Meeting someone new { Max } Empty
PostSubject: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Primrose let out a soft sigh as she walked down the stairs from the Girl's dorm, her book bag slung over her shoulder. Her first week at Hogwarts was going well so far and no-one had actually bothered her about anything. With her summer gone, Primrose had been glad to come to Hogwarts due to the fact that her orphanage had been going from some financial troubles and she had been forced to actually go through the process of getting adopted though she had been quick to actually dissuade her potential parents by saying that she was going to be away for nine months out of the whole twelve at a boarding school and the couldn't pull her out from it; that certainly made them second guess their choice of adopting her.

Letting out another sigh, the blond stepped out of the tower and made her way down the corridor, her limp prominent as she walked through the slightly darkened corridor. The Gryffindor Common Room was a bit too loud for her liking, as it usually was on the weekends, and she wanted some quiet to get her thoughts in order and to actually finish off the rest of her homework.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Max had been trying to find Elyah. Which was normally quite easy, because Freddo had a way of just being able to find the witch. However, Freddo was not in a helpful mood today, and had led Max on a wild goose chase - to find a mouse. After berating the stupid cat for being a waste of time, Max had tried to find the Hufflepuff Common Room - he always got it confused with the kitchen, to little success.

After an hour of gorging himself on cake (Max's attention had been easily swayed by the elves), Max had began his ascent to the Common Room. He needed to go get his book so that he could go to see Buckle, his Bowtruckle.

By the time he'd gotten to the Seventh Floor, Freddo was weaving in and out of Max's legs as he walked, purring incessantly because he wanted attention. Max was being moody with him, though, and not taking any notice of the cat. Well... sort of...

"I'm not petting you, Freddo. You know how I wanted to find Elyah, and you just wouldn't help. It's rude, you know. And if you think you're getting one of your treats, you can think again. Because you're not." Max told the cat as they rounded the corner. The corridor was almost empty, save for one witch who... was limping. Max's features turned to something of a frown of confusion as he watched the witch. He didn't mean to stare, but her walk was not right.

"Hey, are you okay? You're not walking very well..." Max said to the witch - a witch he assumed to be in his house. Truth be told, Max was not very observant when it came to people. Animals he was fantastic with, but not people. "I can help you out, if you need to get somewhere. That looks very painful... Do you need to go to the Hospital Wing? Nurse Mayer should be able to help... I think... I've never seen her do any fixing of people, but it is her job!" Max spouted, his smile never faltering, because he saw nothing wrong with what he was saying.

Just trying to help.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Rubbing her forehead, Primrose stopped for a few seconds to rub at her throbbing knee, the coldness of the castle making the pain a little bit more prominent but not enough to actually send her to the Hospital Wing. When she had first come to the Wizarding World she had went to St Mungo's to see if they could do something about her knee but they had told her that due to the bones being re-set and grown in the way they had over the past few years they couldn't do anything.

It irked her but she understood that it would be impossible to actually do anything about it. Her bones would forever be brittle and she would forever walk with a limp in her knee. Though that certainly didn't stop her from doing any sort of strenuous or adventures activity like Quidditch or rock climbing.

Hearing soft meows coming from down the corridor and then the footsteps of someone, Primrose cursed her luck. Just great; why did someone have to invade on her free time. A twitch formed when she heard the question and she held back the urge to just let loose on the boy. She knew he didn't mean it in a bad way as he didn't know what happened so she tried hard to hold back the urge of hitting him for the question.

"I'm fine," Primrose said with a smile upon her pink lips. "It doesn't actually hurt so I don't need the hospital wing." She knew that the boy didn't mean anything bad so she tried to push her irritation to the back of her head. She needed to keep calm about this; it wouldn't do for her to get detention this soon in the year after all. "I just wanted to get away from the bustle in the Gryffindor Common Room."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:48 pm

As the witch smiled at him, Max's smile grew a little. Smiling had that affect on most people, he was sure. But Max was a very happy-go-lucky kind of boy. Not to mention the girl before him was kinda pretty. Not that Max was actively interested in girls, because he wasn't, but his sub-conscious mind knew how to work in front of girls.

Even if her explanation was rather confusing for him to comprehend. How could someone be limping but not in pain..?

"If you're sure..." Max replied, slight uncertainty in his tone. "But, if you change your mind, I can help. I don't mind!" He insisted, because he wasn't sure the girl was being truthful. Not that he thought she was lying...

"Oh, is it busy again? I hate it when it gets busy. Freddo isn't very fond of the business of the common room, which means he gets more clingy than normal." Max explained, motioning to his cat that had decided to sit at his ankles. Sometimes Max wondered if his cat had the mind of a dog. He was weird. "Where are you heading? Or are you sneaking off somewhere? Though... I think that's the older girls... They don't appreciate it when you ask, they seem to get super defensive. I don't know why, you know?" Max continued, giving a small shrug.

"I was personally going to get my Care of Magical Creatures book and notebook so that I could go and study the Bowtruckles I found. Do you like animals?" Max asked, which was going to be make or break of whether he was going to like the witch before him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:14 pm

The smile from the boy certainly made butterflies flutter in her stomach but she took no notice of them and instead just widened her smile; there was no denying the fact that smiles were addictive and could make anyone reply with a smile. She remembered Matilda always telling her that smiles would just make other people smile as well. It had been something that she hadn't actually believed in until now.

"Thank you." Was all she said towards his words, actually feeling a little bit guilty about suspecting him of actually trying to bully her; she had bad memories though so no-one could actually blame her about that. Not many people knew of her past at the orphanage after all and she would make sure that only a handful of people knew.

"Mmm.." She nodded her head and crouched down, holding her hand out towards the cat by the boys' legs, a grin on her lips. "Hello Freddo, it's nice to meet you. I'm Prim." She introduced herself to the cat though the introduction was also aimed at the boy and she made sure to show him that by looking at him through her fringe before focusing on the cat. "I'm just trying to find some place away from the business of our common room." She replied to his question before soft giggles burst from her lips at his slight fumbling.

"They're probably meeting up with their boyfriends and they don't want anyone to know." Primrose doubted that she would actually understand why until she got a boy of her own; not that she was actually thinking about it for now.

"I love animals." The blond replied to his question. "No matter what sort of animal it is I love them." She hummed as she waited to see if Froddo would approach her so she could stroke his fur.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:25 pm

As the girl bent down and gave Freddo attention, he responded almost immediately, moving to her hand and purring loudly. Spite, Max was sure, was something Freddo loved. And the cat made sure to look back at Max every few moments as if to say 'this human likes me!'

The introduction pulled Max's attention away from Freddo and back to Prim. He screwed his face up in a manner that said he'd just realised how rude he'd been, before brushing a hand against the back of his neck. Slightly embarrassed, Max gave a small laugh. "Sorry, I always forget to introduce myself. It seems rather inconsequential to start with. I'm Maximillian. But most people just call me Max because it's easier. I don't mind, though, which one you use." He introduced himself, thinking about offering his hand for a moment, before deciding that was an adult thing to do, and, well, Prim was a girl!

The explanation of why the girls wouldn't tell him where they were going didn't really help Max. If they were going to see their boyfriends, why should it be a secret? Merlin knew that he would probably be happy about that and want people to know he was going to see the person he liked a lot. "Some girls are strange..." Max decided to settle on, letting out a small chuckle.

"You do? Awesome!" Max replied enthusiastically. "Do you have any pets of your own? Most people seem to have an owl. Some cats, I've seen very few toads. They're a little difficult I suppose. And slimy... I think a rat would have been cool. But I got Freddo, the little fluff ball!" Max explained, getting an indignant hiss from his cat who continued to steal the affection from Prim. "Do you have a favourite magical animal? Or do you prefer Muggle animals?" Max added, evidently very keen to know all the answers to his questions.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:40 pm

"My full name is Primrose but I prefer Prim." Prim blushed in embarrassment as she realised she had actually given the shorter version of her name to the boy, Max. Blinking her eyes at Froddo the blond-haired female giggled and continued her petting of the cat, rubbing beneath his chin, over his back and under his belly. She had always wanted a cat but the Matron at her orphanage had forbidden it so she had settled for an owl however the moment she turned sixteen, in two years time, Prim would be able to leave the orphanage as long as she could prove she was able to take care of herself.

"It's nice to meet you Max." She replied in kind with a small smile upon her lips. "Believe me you aren't the only one who forgets to introduce themselves. I just tend to go without introducing until someone asks me for a name." Which, Primrose thought, was a bit rude but well, what did they want her to do about it? It's how she was.

She just laughed at his words of girls being strange before, with a small teasing grin on her lips, she said in a slightly haughty tone. "You boys are just as strange you know." The teasing tone in her voice said that she didn't mean anything bad by it.

Blinking her eyes at the onslaught of questions, she had to take a few moments to actually figure to what he had asked before she answered his questions one by one. "I've got a snowy owl which I got when I was eleven. I agree, toads are very slimy and I would never touch one willingly but they are a cool animal. Rats I certainly put a stop to, I'm not too much of a fan. Freddo is a beautiful cat and very loyal, you should treasure him." The girl said with a small laugh as she continued her petting. "My favorite would have to be a Hippogriff." She hummed softly. "And you? Apart from this beautiful creature here," The girl said with exaggeration and a mock bow towards the cat. "Do you have any other animals? Any favorites?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 6:38 pm

"Primrose," Max echoed, nodding to show he'd taken it on board. It was a nice name, and 'Prim' now made more sense. Max liked to find other people with shortened names, because then he wasn't the only one with an overly long name from parents who were trying to create a record for longest names. "I prefer Prim, too." Max added with a smile. "Primrose sounds very posh - not that you're not posh, I don't know that. But... Prim makes you sound more approachable." Max explained, hoping that made sense. He wasn't being mean, just saying exactly what he thought.

When the girl said she struggled with remembering introductions, Max smiled. "Well, it seems we have a number of things in common, then!"

"Oh, I know we're strange. The other day, my room mate, Tom, asked me if I had a copy of PlayWitch. I mean, who reads those magazines? It's so weird!" Max explained, not being able to keep the filter. Honestly, the boy didn't know what was in the magazines, because he'd never seen one. But he had an idea that it wasn't a very nice magazine. "And, then Callum, another roommate, was going on about the different ways you'd be able to stick a Slytherin to the Potions classroom roof without Professor Balan noticing. I don't understand them sometimes..."

"What did you call your owl? May I meet him, or her, some time? That'd be pretty cool, snowy owls are beautiful!" Max replied, very glad to have met someone who owned one. "Oh, the feel of toads isn't as weird as you might think. You get used to it! It's the hopping that I can't get my head around, it's rather... unusual. Rats are misunderstood. You should... you know, try again with them. They're quite nice once you get to know them.

"Freddo? He's an ass! He was supposed to help me find my friend, Elyah, earlier. But he decided to take me on a tour of the castle and find a mouse." Max explained, shaking his head. "He's good at finding Elyah, I don't know why. Just one of those things." He added, because it would probably be weird to anyone who didn't fully understand. "Hippogriffs are awesome! But, my favourite would probably be a Niffler. I'd love to have a Niffler! But, they're not easy to keep as pets, for obvious reasons. I could try, though..."

Max gave a small pause at the question of other pets. Hesitating. "Well... I don't know if a Bowtruckle that lives in the Forest counts as a pet. But, I've befriended a Bowtruckle, his name is Buckle. I try to go and see him every day, because Bowtruckles are the cutest! I'm hoping that I can get more pets, but my parents don't think I'm responsible enough. You see, I kept losing my ties last year, I don't know how, or where, so they said if I can't look after an inanimate object, how can I look after a creature? But, they just don't understand!" Max explained with exasperation. Anyone who knew Max well enough, knew that animals were of the utmost importance to him, and that he'd never neglect them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:01 pm

"I know that Primrose sounds posh, it's why I rarely tell people my full name." Prim took Freddo in her arms and stood up, still stroking the purring cat and giggling softly as she nuzzled her nose against' his fur. The cat was a cute one and she wished she could have one. "And I prefer Prim myself, it's... easier to say for most people." And she just loved her own just because.

"I say introductions are overrated if you want to know someone you should try and find the stuff out for yourself." She giggled softly. "It makes it more interesting that's for sure."

She blinked her eyes at Max before a furious blush overtook her cheeks at the words PlayWitch. She knew perfectly well what that magazine was as the boys in the upper years didn't hide it that they were reading them. It was the magical equivalent of the muggle PlayBoy magazine.

"Yes... Well..." She cleared her throat, her cheeks burning with embarrassment. How could Max say those things without actually being embarrassed she had no idea. "Everyone is weird. Let's leave it at that." She wasn't going into that sort of talk in the middle of an empty corridor where anyone could stumble upon them.

"Her name's Melinda!" Prim beamed at the mention of her owl; she had been with her ever since she had first stepped foot into the Magical World and she doubted she would let her owl go anytime. "She's just beautiful." She hummed softly before shaking her head. "Nope, I am not touching a rat. I don't mind watching them but actually touching them is a no-no for me. The one rat I had been introduced to had tried biting off my finger once so yeah.." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Did you give him any incitive to take you to this Elyah?" Prim arched a brow with an amused smirk on her lips as she jutted one hip out. "I mean if cat's smell a mouse then, of course, they would run after it. You should know that." She teased her fellow Gryffindor.

Primrose blinked her eyes before nodding her head at his obvious worry. "Anything that you visit or love with all your heart is a pet. It doesn't matter where it lives." She said with a soft smile upon her lips. "It doesn't have to be an animal you own personally to count as a pet you know." She snuggled Froddo close to her chest. "I don't think many parents understand their children. Don't worry, it's not just yours."

Not like she could talk, she had no parents of her own just an orphanage Matron and a pair of twins who had left the orphanage two years ago though they do come visit her from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:31 pm

"People say the same about Maximillian." Max replied, hoping to make Prim feel better. "Though, mostly I'm only Maximillian when I'm in trouble... which is more often than I mean." He added, laughing softly because his parents just didn't understand him.

As Prim went bright red, Max felt like he needed to find out what the magazine was. Maybe not right now, though. But Max was more than sure that Prim knew what this magazine was. He really wanted to ask, but her flushed cheeks made him question the need to. "Agreed." Max replied softly, looking away from the witch for a few moments so that she might stop blushing.

Girls were definitely weird.

"Melinda..?" Max weighed the name up. He'd never heard that kind of name for a pet. But he liked it. "Sounds awesome, I can't wait to meet her! And, fine, fine, just watch. But maybe one day you'll reconsider." He compromised with a small, hopeful smile. Rats really weren't that bad, in comparison to a lot of animals in the world.

"Well..." Max opened his mouth to explain, then sheepishly closed it. Rubbing the back of his neck, he looked to his fluffball of a cat and sighed. "No, I didn't. But, you see, normally he just finds her. But, today he didn't want to. I didn't think of that. That was stupid of me..." He explained, feeling his cheeks growing much warmer at the admission of not doing the blatantly obvious thing in this situation. "I will note it for next time, though. Thanks!"

The words of the definition of a pet made Max nod. "I like that!" He admitted, nodding along. "So, I guess Buckle is a pet. I'll show you to him, and his family, one day. If you'd like, I mean. I know some people don't like the Forest..." Max explained.

"And yeah, parents, eh? Mine really don't understand anything!" Max sighed. They weren't bad parents, they just couldn't quite comprehend Max's hyperactive, hit and miss personality. And animals simply weren't interesting enough for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting someone new { Max }
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next