Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Victoria didn't drink. Okay, scrap that, Victoria didn't drink often. University had brought alcohol in to Victoria's life as a stress relief. Whilst Victoria didn't drink often, she could drink quite a lot more than her small stature allowed people to think. Her alcohol tolerance had grown quite considerably, but Victoria only got disgustingly drunk when with her gal pals.

Today, after a horrendous day in the Ministry, Victoria just needed a moment to destress. Eros had been pretty low key, and Victoria had made the assumption that he didn't hold any interest for her any longer. Not that this mattered, of course, Victoria was quite the independent woman. But it meant she had no one to ask for a drink - her girls were still working, so they were also out of the option.

So, Victoria had gone to The Leaky Cauldron that evening - the bar keeper was the kind of man who wouldn't allow pervy men to become lecherous, and Victoria appreciated it. "Hi Tom!" Victoria greeted the man as she came to the bar. She hadn't had time to go home and change, but her attire wasn't too much for the pub. "A Vodka with orange juice, please. How are you doing?" Victoria asked the man, her usual bubbly nature proceeding her as always.

Honestly, this evening was just about letting her hair down enough that her shoulders would ease from the tension.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Kieran had just got back from a long assignment last night that took him ages to crack. When he finally did he found a plethora of gold and interesting items, and he'd even been allowed by the goblins to keep a few for himself. He'd pretty much just gone straight home and crashed, waking up well past noon. He'd made himself a big meal before deciding he needed a drink, and that's how he found himself at The Leaky Cauldron this evening. To be honest he didn't feel like hitting a place focused solely on people getting drunk, so it seemed like a good option.

Walking up to the bar he took a seat and gave a wave to Tom. "Hey Tom, can you get me a firewhiskey and some chips to munch on when you get a moment?" he asked. Kieran looked around, surveying the people who were here today. Nobody really caught his attention until he turned back to the bar and noticed the beautiful brunette in a gray skirt and nice white top with heels on. Blinking a little, he stared at her for a moment before shaking his head. It wouldn't do to just ogle the woman. "Hello, how are you doing tonight?" he asked her, giving her a smile.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Tom had replied with a soft remark of doing well, and placed Victoria's drink on the bar before her. The man asked for the money, and Victoria counted out the right amount for him. He'd thanked her and moved on to the next customer, and Victoria hadn't paid much mind to the others around her. Another man came to the bar, and Victoria had looked up when he'd spoken, a small smile playing on her lips (a polite smile) before she turned back to her drink.

With a small sip, Victoria placed the glass down, savouring the cool freshness of the orange juice mixed with the sharp sting of the Vodka. It was nice. Tucking one side of her hair behind her ear, Victoria felt eyes on her, and glanced up to see the man who'd just entered looking over at her. A light flush touched her cheeks, but she paid no mind to the attention she was getting. After all, people were allowed to look.

The sound of the man's voice being aimed away from the barman though, made Victoria look back in his direction, and after working out that he was definitely talking to him, Victoria offered him a warm, beautiful smile. "Hi there," The young witch replied just loud enough over the general din of the pub. "I'm... doing better now I've got my drink, but over all, I'm not so bad, thank you. How about you?" The witch asked, her tone quite sincere. She wasn't hiding anything bad, just a little stress which was normal of a work place.

"Victoria," The witch added, so that she knew her name.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 5:20 pm

When the woman turned to him and responded, giving him a full smile he couldn't help returning it. Kieran had to admit she had one of the prettiest smiles he'd ever seen, mostly because it was so obviously genuine. "I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking. Mostly just glad to have finished a difficult job at work. Should have some down time now and I'm looking forward to it." he admitted. After he finished speaking Tom brought his firewhiskey and chips, and he counted out the right amount before paying it with a thank you.

Before he could speak again he heard the woman say her name was Victoria. "A pleasure to meet you, I'm Kieran. Earlier you said you were doing better now that you've got a drink. Rough day?" he asked, curious as to what would have made her day difficult. He had no reason really to expect she'd confide in him, after all they'd only just met; but, he thought it was polite to inquire.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 5:51 pm

A difficult job at work could mean one of many things. In the Wizarding World, there were lots of very exciting jobs, and Victoria's natural curiosity piqued in that moment. She wanted to know more, but thought it a little bit rude to simply ask what was difficult. Instead, the young witch nodded a little. "Oh, I get that much! What line of work are you in?" Victoria asked, hoping to spark a little company and perhaps a deeper conversation as to what he'd been having difficulty with.

After all, it couldn't hurt, right?

As the man, Kieran, introduced himself to the witch, she scooted off her bar stool (thankful for her heels making the move to the floor seem less far than it might normally) and moved to the stool beside the man. There was no need to be raising your voice across a bar when you were talking to someone. Though, Victoria didn't quite realise just how forward this could be perceived.

"Lovely to meet you, too." Victoria responded to hearing his name. "Something like that... The Ministry is a brutal place to work. Especially the Law Enforcement department - don't worry, I'm not an Auror." Victoria told him with a smile, amusement playing on her lips. "I'm a lawyer, instead" She said with a laugh, pretending to believe this was much, much worse than the former job. "I've just had a headache of a case I've been shadowing on, and neither myself or my colleague can get our heads around it. So, it's quite nice to finally relax."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 6:00 pm

To be honest Kieran was a little surprised the woman actually wanted to know what line of work he was in. He'd figured she would just say something and change the subject to something else. "I'm a cursebreaker for Gringott's. It's a good job, but can definitely get frustrating when working on something challenging." he admitted, laughing a little. He loved his job, but he did always appreciate when he got some time off to kick back and relax.

Seeing her get up and move over to the stool next to his made him smile a little, thinking that was a good idea and he should have moved over next to her on his own. This way they wouldn't have to talk overly loud just to be heard over the noise of the place. And besides, who wouldn't want to have a pretty girl sitting next to them, right?

Kieran's eyebrows rose when she told him that she was a lawyer. She was so young he found it a little hard to believe, but figured she had no reason to lie so must be telling the truth. "A lawyer, wow. Hopefully you can figure it out. Have to admit I don't really know much about that kind of thing." he admitted. Noticing that she was starting to get a little low on her drink, he figured he should offer to get her another. "Mind if I buy you a drink? Looking a little low there."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 6:25 pm

As Kieran told her what she did, Victoria smiled. "That's a very reputable job! I'm short of a few friends in that field, but I know it's well paid. If I may be so bold to ask, what was it that was difficult with your last job?" Victoria asked, not mocking him on the difficulty, simply curious as to what he'd been doing. Victoria knew that the jobs were often in foreign countries, so surely there was a very good story behind this one?

"Oh, don't worry about knowing my job. It's a minefield, to be truthful. But when you know the laws, well, you can get the criminals for what they've done. Though, of course, more fun comes from proving the innocence of your client - like genuine innocence. I don't think I could take on a client who was trying to defend... well, murder, or something, that they'd committed. That... would just be so wrong!" Victoria explained, her genuineness about this situation shining vastly in that moment.

As he offered another drink, Victoria looked down, noticing she'd gotten through this first drink much too quickly. His offer was sweet. "Only if I can get you one back afterwards. Whilst I love a gentleman, I will insist on not being bought everything!" Victoria told him, before adding. "Vodka and Orange Juice, please."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Taken off guard that she actually wanted to know what was challenging about his job, Kieran decided it wouldn't really hurt anything to let her know. "Well, as we often have to I was in Egypt trying to break into a tomb. This one had a ridiculous amount of traps set around it, some standard stuff like poison darts and the like but also some challenging magical ones as well. So many of them were intertwined with each other that it was a real pain separating them out so I could disable them one by one." he explained, not sure if this was going to bore her. "Eventually got it all worked out, but it was a headache." Kieran admitted.

Listening as she explained, he found himself nodding. It made sense that proving somebody innocent who actually was would be rewarding, and he couldn't imagine having to defend a murderer or some other serious criminal. "That makes sense, hopefully you're never put in that situation where you might have to. Have you been a lawyer long? No offense, but you look a little young to be one already." he said.

Kieran laughed when she insisted that she be able to buy him one if he was going to get her a drink. "Fine, it's a deal." he agreed, before turning to Tom. "Another vodka and orange juice for the lovely lady, please. On me." he informed him. He took another sip of his firewhiskey, still having about half a glass left.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 7:00 pm

"Oh, I've always wanted to go to Egypt! My brother offered to lend me the money to go, well, I've wanted to go to a lot of places, but I told him that to enjoy these places, I'd have to go because I was able to! What are the tombs like? Aside from all of the traps, of course, I mean where the treasure is, is it nearly as magnificent as people say?" Victoria asked, truly enjoying this conversation. "I can't even begin to imagine how complex it must get trying to work out all of the traps! Did you have to study long at the university? Or did you do it as an apprenticeship?"

"Oh, I'm sure I will be put in that position at some point. It's part of the job. But, it won't be a pleasing part of the job." Victoria explained. The question on her age made Victoria flush quite brilliantly. Letting out a soft laugh, the witch tucked her hair behind her ear once more. "Well, I am only twenty two, you're quite right. I studied at the University of Excelled Witchcraft & Wizardry for three years - I did my final two years in one... through choice - I know, I'm crazy. And now, I'm working through my hours until I'm deemed a fully fledged lawyer. So, I guess you could call me a trainee at the moment... but I'm qualified enough to know what I'm talking about. But my mom always said I looked a little younger than I am. Whether that's a curse or a blessing, I don't know."

The last was said softly, she didn't want Kieran to feel bad for his comments in any way.

As another drink came, Victoria smiled warmly at Tom before turning back to Kieran. "Thank you, for the drink. You really shouldn't have. Also, you better start making a dent in that drink now you have someone to drink with!" The witch joked - she couldn't be firm about such things if she tried. Drinking, along with other things, were done at your own pace. "So, aside from your job, what is as interesting about you, Kieran?" Victoria asked. Was she flirting? Merlin only knew, she hadn't purposefully set out to flirt, but Victoria was the kind of girl who could quite easily be seen as flirting, by the most innocent of questions.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 7:21 pm

Kieran couldn't help but chuckle a little at how excited she was over the whole thing, not that he blamed her. "You really should go some time if you get the chance. The tombs are incredible, really. So different than anything you can find over here." he said, smiling. "Yeah, I studied at the university before starting work with the goblins. A lot of it you just have to learn as you go, though, to be honest." he explained.

He was more than a little impressed that she was already through school and almost a fully fledged lawyer at her age. She had to have one hell of a work ethic to finish two years of school in one. "That's awesome, I'm glad you are doing something that you seem to enjoy. For the most part, at least." Kieran said with a smile. When she said she wasn't sure if it was a curse or a blessing that she looked so young he shot her a wink. "Blessing, definitely. You're beautiful." he told her honestly.

Kieran blushed a little when she told him to start making a dent in his drink and nodded. "Yes, ma'am." he said, giving her a salute before taking his glass and knocking back the rest of his firewhiskey in one long drink. When she asked what was interesting about him he took a few moments to think about it. "I'll admit I'm not really sure there's anything interesting about me. Played Chaser for my house team at Hogwarts, love to read books, and I like cooking when I get the chance. It's kind of fun trying out new dishes and experimenting with flavors. What about you, Victoria?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)   Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Stressful Days (Kieran & Victoria)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next