Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 6:24 pm

It had taken Prim a full week and a half to come to terms with the fact that her father was Walter Byrne, truthfully had she not seen the letter nor had she been able to touch the Byrne heirlooms that James' had she probably would still be denying it but the fact of the matter was, Walter was her father and she was part Byrne.

"My reaction exactly." She said dryly as she stopped playing to focus on the conversation she was having with the seventh year Ravenclaw, the slight amusement on his face was a clear indication that he didn't believe her though that amusement soon vanished and she was only met with Chris' shock.

"Mmm.. That Walter Byrne, the same one that sided with Lord Voldemort." She grimaced, looking away and frowning. "Apparently he still is in America but there's a probability he came back to the UK to drop me off at the orphanage when I was four. After all, someone under that age wouldn't remember who her parents were."

"Mmm, apparently so." The girl snorted in derision. "It was confirmed when I was able to touch and open up a Byrne Family book that was coated in enchantments to not let anyone who isn't a blood Byrne touch it or see it."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Christopher listened to each of the confirmations, processing the information that he was given, and trying to tie it all up. Truthfully, it made very little sense, but then some of the most amazing things in life didn't make any sense at all. That was the beauty of life, Christopher imagined.

Whilst everything made sense - even if highly unexpected, Christopher still had questions. It was likely the witch had many a question too, that she didn't know the answer to. It took Christopher a few moments to control his own curiosity, working thing through in his own head, before he posed the most important question.

"So, what will you do with this information? Now that you know you have a family - there are three of them here, if I'm not mistaken... Florrie... James... and... oh, what's the other one... Anthony. They'll be your cousins..." Christopher posed all the information, quirking an eyebrow at the witch to try to get an understanding of what Prim's plans were. This was big news for the Pureblood community, and Christopher was intrigued to know more.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 6:42 pm

The question that Chris posed her was fairly understandable yet Prim just didn't have an answer for it. Okay, she had a family and sure she had cousins, a father, an uncle and an aunt. Should she be happy about that though? For most of her life, at least what she could remember really, she had been alone and she had gotten along fairly well like that yet the stability of a family that she could've made her weaver. What if they didn't want her as family, after all Walter is the black stain on the Byrne family and, being his offspring, Prim would be counted as one as well wouldn't she?

"I don't know what I want..." Prim answered truthfully, with a frown on her face and a confused expression in her eyes. "I mean... I suppose I'm happy to know I have a family yet... I just... Will they want me? Will they be happy with me being even in any way connected to them? After all my... father..." She grimaced. "Got involved with Voldemort... and they refuse to even acknowledge him..."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Christopher simply nodded as she explained that she didn't know what she wanted. That wasn't exactly a surprise for the Ravenclaw, after all, she'd only just found out, and the confusion must be overwhelming for her, truthfully.

"If you want an answer to that..." Christopher replied, shifting his weight to the side of the chair, leaning his head on his hand as he looked over towards Primrose with a look that showed he was considering his next words carefully. "Your mother is an unknown, I would imagine. She could be a squib, a muggle, a witch of no note, or perhaps a tainted Pureblood woman by your father's hand. You... if you'll forgive me for being blunt... are going to be something of a burden. Your true lineage can be glossed over, they could make you a Pureblood in all but blood, really.

"But you're... going to be a problem that needs solving." Christopher explained. "I don't wish to be mean, so please forgive me. But, our world is very cruel, and... for once, I don't think I have an answer." He finished, still trying to work this out. "If you're going to jump in to their family, though..." Christopher let out a small amused chuckle, only two or three syllables. "Be ready to be married off very soon. They will want the truth swept from public view very fast."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:25 pm

If there was one thing Prim knew about the Pureblood culture is that they hated the stain's on their families and she was a large stain on their family, a completely innocent party truthfully but with Walter being her father it instantly made her a burden to the Byrne's.

Her shoulder's dropped as she listened to Chris and while she wanted to deny all of that, whine and winge that nothing like that would happen she was perfectly aware that it would. She had read enough Wizarding and Pureblood custom books to know that she would be married off if she did want to get involved with their family. The question was, would she like that kind of lifestyle, though? She was a free spirit and she had dreams of being a Hit Wizard in the future but if she was married off would she still be able to do it? Would she be able to handle being chained down to her husband?

"I'm well aware of that fact." Prim said bitterly as she looked out of the window, her teeth biting into her lower lip as she wondered on what to actually do. "The Pureblood Custom's books and the Wizarding Culture books were very thorough on that... In the end, I'm just an unneeded blight on their family really... aren't I?"

She wished now she never found out about who her father was, maybe then she wouldn't be so confused with so many questions rushing around her head.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Christopher knew that his words were harsh - very true, but harsh - and as he said them, he did feel guilty for inflicting such truths on the young witch. This was his life, though, his reality. He would not deter from the ways of the Pureblood world, because following them meant power. But he wasn't completely blind to the atrocities which were their ideologies.

As the witch turned to the window with the notion that she knew, Christopher felt a pang of guilt, and got up from his chair, moving to the side of the room where Prim stood. As a Pureblood male, Christopher was not overly good with affection in the sense of compassion, and speaking about it. He knew how to love, of course, but he and his sisters had never been overly big on comforting one another.

But, he tried.

Putting his arm around the younger witch's shoulder, Christopher gave her a soft squeeze. "The trick then," Christopher prompted the witch, because Merlin he'd gone through so many situation planning lessons in his life he could see open doors where others couldn't. "Is to make the Byrne's believe they do need you. Even if you are a blight on their family, show them you're worth having." He told her, if she could work something out to fulfill that... well, Christopher would call her an asset just for that much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:46 pm

Prim found herself, suddenly, hating her father for abandoning her in Britain, couldn't he have done it in America? At least then she would've been living free from all this worry and she could've still been kept in the dark about her true lineage.

The sudden arm around her shoulders and a squeeze on said shoulder startled the young witch and she stared at the clearly male arm with confusion before she relaxed her stiff posture and stared out of the window, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"...What can I do though? The only things I'm good at are DADA and Potion's really and my dream is to be a Hit Wizard." She said with a bit of a sullen tone to her voice as she thought hard on what she could actually do; the girl though only thought about things subject wise at Hogwarts and not what she could do herself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 10:35 am

As the witch tried to work out what she could do, Christopher stayed quiet. The two things she'd listed, along with the job she wanted we're pretty standard issue things. Not to mention, not wholly feminine and wanted within a Pureblood family. The idea of Verena wanting to be something like a Hit Wizard was an amusing thought, but Christopher didn't allow the amusement to reach his face.

The Ravenclaw allowed an elongated pause to ensue after Primrose was finished, allowing her time to see more than what she was good at academically. As Primrose didn't extend on that much, Christopher managed to contain his sigh before speaking.

"Well, for one you're musically talented. Whether that extends past the violin, I couldn't say, but your violin playing is very good. You can fly well - which though not necessarily valued by Pureblood families, it's still a very good trait. I don't know you very well to be able to make a list. But, it's not just what you're good at by tests." Christopher explained, hoping to help Primrose think of a few more things herself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Prim wasn't someone who would conform to rules but she knew that as a Byrne she would be required to at least agree with what her uncle wanted of her and truthfully the man seemed at least a little bit agreeable when she had read that letter so she figured the man would, at least, be able to give Prim some leeway in what he wanted her to do. But she wouldn't give up her dream of being a Hit Wizard. It was something she dreamed of doing ever since she had come to Hogwarts and heard about that and she wouldn't stop, no matter what.

The brunette grimaced slightly but she did silently agree that she was talented musically and yes, it did extend past the violin. She could also play the piano but she preferred the string instrument to the huge keyboard one.

"I can also play the piano a little bit but I prefer the violin really... And flying I've been pretty good at ever since I got on a broom." She stared out of the window and frowned. "I've also got an eidetic memory so it's easy for me to retain information..." She trailed off and frowned even more.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 7:02 pm

"The piano is great!" Christopher told the witch when she said she could play that instrument. "Honestly, the amount of girls that were brought before me as suitors that could play the piano was unbearable - I'm not saying it's a bad instrument to play, but if you can, then you fit in with the other girls, do you see?" Christopher tried to explain, though he'd probably made her sound like she had a common talent. It wasn't, musical gifts to Purebloods were a big thing.

The memory thing was also good...

Thinking for a moment, Christopher turned to the witch with a smile. "Well, you realise that any good Pureblood is very aware of a number of things. For example, all my sisters were taught the right way to dress, the right way to present themselves to society. But, they're also taught how to recognise another family - you know, key traits. What they do for their wealth, and at least a brief history of the family. It would mean you'd be good at that..." Christopher offered, not sure again if this was help or hindrance to the witch beside him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next