Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

As far as the crow can see ( Nero )

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  Empty
PostSubject: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 11:50 am

To say Lucy was loving her job was an understatement . An awesome boss meant she got to have days off as long as she hadn't taken any prior bookings and Lucy got to explore the countryside . Even though she was only going into her second year full time apprenticeship she had already developed strong techniques and styles and was always keen to have them improved .

It was her turn to open up and get the shop ready for the day , benches wiped down . Everything sterilised , needles and tattoo guns and piercing equipment all accounted for she opened up officially and it wasn't long after that her boss , Johno walked in and gave his nod of approval . He was rather happy with his apprentice . If nothing else at least she was a sterile freak .

Lucy smiled and put her lunch in the small fridge underneath the counter , she didn't have any bookings today so decided to restock the water fridge to fill in some time before going to her table to sit and draw . The way the shop had been set up she could be near enough the window to watch people walk past , and in turn they see her but not so close that she might draw attention that wasn't wanted . Observing people and the world around her she watched a few walk ins , some just curious , some making appointments . Moving the shop to London had been a good move in her opinion , Lucy smiled . Returning to her current drawing she was working on and watched the time go by .

Several hours passed before her drawing got interrupted . When it did it was because of a seventeen year old girl wanting to get her nose pierced . Lucy took her identification , scanned it , recorded it and put it on file as well as the piercing she was to perform . " come with me ." She said to the girl who wasn't much younger then herself and re wiped the sterilised table and got the girl to lie down . Beginning the standard piercing procedure .

Not ten minutes later she was done and the girl was cleaned up , blood gone and everything tidied ready to be made sterile again . " just a second we can go to the front and get the last few bits sorted ." She smiled and led the girl back to the front , charged her the standard piercing price before handing over a small vial " helps the skin heal , it's one of my own speciality potions . It will gradually heal the skin so that the piercing becomes more attuned to your body ." She said to the girl watching as she went on her way .

Lucy looked up as she heard the door open again , she was about ready to return to sterilising her table but customers came first " Hello ! Welcome to Magic Ink what can I do for you today ?" She asked the man who appeared at the counter .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Nero was having a day off today, the business was running smoothly in itself, and his own creative stimulation was lacking. Being an inventor was a difficult job, in truth, whilst many people thought him to be aloof for his inventions, Nero was quite a grounded man. Focused on money to a degree, but also trying to win the undivided awe of the general public.

His travels had brought him to London, a small Wizarding Community in truth that boasted small new businesses. Nero's mind wasn't really set on anything particular until he saw the tattoo studio. Now, he'd never gotten a tattoo himself, but he was open to them. Merlin knew he'd been with enough women to see some up close, but Magical tattoos were somewhat new.

Moving to the window the man looked through the glass to admire the work on display - it was quite amazing. A different art to the one he could muster up, but art as beautiful as anything he'd seen. The Entrepreneur's eyes, however, caught sight of something much more beautiful that the art on the walls, though. Putting through a sale, the witch smiled at the customer and it was in that instance that Nero simply knew he had to go in. Yes, she was young, but Nero did not feel a day over thirty five.

"Hello ! Welcome to Magic Ink what can I do for you today?"

"Good morning, Miss..." Nero replied, leaving it open for the witch's name in a very smooth voice. "I'm just here on a general enquiry." He continued, opening his casual suit pocket and producing his business card, highlighting his name and the fact he was the owner of the Nimbus broom range. "I couldn't help but notice the work in here, and I was curious to meet the artist, if I might be so bold?" He asked, motioning to the work over on the wall.

Okay, it was kind of a bullshit reason, he was working on getting to know the girl before him, but he did appreciate the art too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Lucy had watched the man what was the word .. Saunter ? Most definitely yes saunter in . His clothes were well pressed and fresh . Her observations showed he hadn't been in a tattoo parlour before or if at all .

Miss..

" Lucy , Miss Lucy Mister .. Nero ." She said looking at his business card . Putting it back on the table then listened to his further statements . Her eyes caught every detail of his clothing , from the way his pants had been creased from walking to the way the inside of his jacket had worn . This man seemed like a very busy man .

" There's two artists here Sir , the main artist . Johno over there , he's a professional tattooist and he owns the building . All of his work is on the walls here. Here . And here ." She said pointing to two of the three walls adorned in various art pieces . From canvas drawings to flash tattoo stencils readily available .

" The back wall and top shelf of books however are my work . I'm an apprentice Sir . Is there anything I can do to help with your Enquiry ? Do you know what you are after or are you just exploring the shop and within it in general?" Where some may have been phased by his business card to Lucy it was just another ordinary person . What did interest her , and greatly interest her was his eyes . The way they gleamed , an excitement not many other eyes had shown her . She tapped her tattooed hand lightly on the table to see if he had any sort of general idea on what he was after
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 6:56 pm

This is the attire I'm thinking, just an FYI.

As the witch gave her name, Nero tried not to be too disappointed. Lucy was so common a name, he'd had greater hopes, but alas, this was what he was given to play with. Smiling through the slight disappointment, the Entrepreneur watched as she looked at his card and then laid it down without any mention. Many a man with an ego the size of Nero's might have been frustrated with the lack of open acknowledgement. But Nero had never been fond of a gold digger. The allure the witch's name might have lost for her had been awoken once more with her lack of obvious interest of money.

The explanation of who's work was who's brought Nero's attention to the other man in the room for the first time. The man simply gave him a smile, but was secretly hoping he would get lost. Not showing that this was a bother, however, Nero motioned to the girl's work once more. "You have quite the talent, Lucy. Apprentice or not, they're good pieces of work. Some of my designers can't draw half as well as this..." He admitted, a genuine compliment from his lips before his eyes drew back to the witch before him.

"Oh, my enquiry was on the art. I wouldn't know where to begin with a tattoo." Nero admitted with a soft laugh escaping his lips. That much was truthful, but as his laugh faded, Nero gave a small shrug. "Perhaps you could give me a few suggestions to go away and think about?" He prompted, just so that he could spend a little more time with the woman before him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Lucy had watched his slight body movements . He didn't like her name ? Oh well . She did rather like his outfit a lot . It showed stature and class and suited him well

Her mentor gave her current customer a slight wave . Before returning to his own work he knew Lucy well enough to know she could quite easily handle a customer , Johno had his own work to worry about .

Lucy looked at the man as he spoke about his staff . Never to put another artist down . "I am sure if they were given full creative ability you would be happy with their work. There's only so many ways you can design something to go between someone's legs" She said simply . Many artists weren't given jobs to go with their strong points . Lucy however was fortunate that she had . She had a boss that let her explore her creative style .

Listening Lucy wasn't entirely convinced he wanted a tattoo , she did however smile . " Not a problem I just need to clean my area then come through ." She told him grabbing the sterile wipes and wiped absolutely everything before washing her hand and grabbed her portfolio of books . " I focus mainly on three styles Sir , Black and White , Realism , and Watercolour ... Perhaps if you aren't certain about a tattoo you might choose to get something on a different canvas than you're own skin ." She suggested .

" A few ideas would help , Sir , what type and styles of things are you in to ?", she asked ,  " There's not much use drawing up a snake when you prefer pink ponies ."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 pm

The naivety of the witch with her insistence that creativity would be better if his staff only worked on brooms showed how ill informed she was. With a hint of amusement on his lips, Nero rested his arms on the counter. "Believe me, they're not limited in their thought process. My company doesn't only make brooms." Nero explained, he didn't let up anything more than that. But it would prove that he wasn't the limiting factor in this process.

Nero watched the witch move to clean her station and as she requested Nero moved over when she was done, taking a seat and undoing the button on his jacket. The books he could see to have a range of drawings, of many different things. Nero wasn't about to commit to such things, but he had one thought...

"Perhaps a name?" Nero suggested, quirking an eyebrow. "I'm not sure what's best, just the letters or set in to something. My daughters name is Elyah. It'd be one of the few things that I'd be happy to have with me permanently... perhaps you'd be so kind as mock something up?" He settled on. He'd have to discuss it with Elyah first because it was not something he'd like to surprise her with. But it kept conversation open.

Giving a few moments of paused conversation, Nero glanced across at Johno before looking back at Lucy with a hushed voice. "Would it be too forward of me to ask you when you finish tonight.. and if you're not adverse to it... dinner?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 2:30 am

This is hers at the moment Wink

Observing  as he leant on  the couter. Lucy mentally stabbed the man, she hated people that leant on the counter. So many possible germs. It to her was also a sign of disinterest. Listening however, to what he said she inclined her head a little .Maybe she didn't know everything about his company. She wasn't going to further her hole she had dug when it seemed he did care about his staff.

Listening and watching as he undid his jacket a little she gave a slight nod. "A name I can do. I wouldn't advise just script. To begin with different fonts have a tendency to fade and they are very common. Depending on size and placement I can offer you a few options." She smiled. Going through and picking out different options and ideas. "First off what would you prefer to have drawn up, watercolour, black and white, what colours you and Elyah like that type of thing. I wouldn't advise a black and white with watercolour, it is usually a signifier of the person that has passed....Unless your daughter has."  Lucy explained, "Or if you like I can come up with a few ideas you might like to choose from." Tattoos to her were special and unique, she didn't want him to have something wether it be ink or on canvas that he didn't like.

She raised an eyebrow as he asked her out on a date. "You certainly are forward." She said, "I won't be finishing till late however and I rarely mix business with pleasure so thank you for the invitation however I must decline." She said to him. Work and pleasure never made a good combination. Only friends that got inked off of her did she go out to dinner with . While she had turned him down for dinner she had begun to sketch up two ideas she had for the name he had given. One Watercolour and one Black and White
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 7:38 am

Nero listened to Lucy without breaking eye contact as she explained the different options. Honestly, there was nothing quite as intoxicating as a woman with passion. And Lucy had that in abundance. Nodding in the right places, Nero got to the point of the question of Elyah's well-being. "Oh, no. Elyah is very well. No mixing of the designs in that case." The man addressed the situation, but she had him stumped on Elyah's favourite colours.

Quite simply, Nero didn't know the answer to that.

"I'd be happy with you coming up with a few things, if that's okay. My daughter and I have recently been reunited, so I don't know if you can signify that some way... I don't know if that works?" Nero asked.

As Lucy turned him down, Nero took it with good grace. Whilst he disliked being turned away he was not going to make a scene. She had just made herself a much more enticing chase. "Very well, I'm sorry if I may have caused any offence." Nero responded to her words. The last thing he wanted was to upset the witch.

Her focus was on the drawings though, and Nero's eyes moved to take them in. He was impressed with both options, and whilst the water colour was beautiful on paper, he doubted it would last on skin. The second held less meaning, though pretty, but he appreciated them both. "I like them... how would this one look in black and white?" Nero asked, motioning to the watercolour she'd already created.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 8:58 am

Well to hear his daughter was still alive was rather good. She smiled, glad she hadn't accidently hurt or stepped on any boundaries. She cocked her head to listen to what he had to talk about ,about his daughter.

Her eyes lit up as he said she had just come back into his life. "I can definitely work with that." She said happily, a few ideas forming in her head.

If he had caused any offence she hadn't taken any '"No you are more than okay. Thank you for the offer." She said another smile coming from her. She didn't take offence actually she was flattered that he had asked her to dinner however on principle she had to say no. It wasn't that she disliked the man it was she had to stay professional.

Looking at him, she smiled. In a matter of moments she had redrawn the image and turned it into a black and white version of the design. "I do have another design in mind but it will take me a little longer to come up with if you don't mind waiting." She offered. Perhaps a union of both of what direction he seemed to be taking. She did have a million other ideas but none of them seemed to fit what he wanted and what she had in mind.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 10:18 am

Nero was quite glad for the fact that he hadn't offended the witch, and allowed a few moments for the witch to work on her drawings in piece. He knew better than most just how distracting talking could be when you were trying to concentrate. Art was not an easy skill to master, after all.

As she produced the black and white version of the tattoo, Nero couldn't help but be blown away by the quality. Raising his eyebrows in surprise, Nero nodded in response to her having another idea. Though, waiting was not something he had time for. Instead, Nero reached in to his jacket once again, and pulled out a small - but substantial - bag of coins.

"How about I leave you to think over the designs for a few days, and you can contact me when you're finished to go through them?" Nero offered, placing the bag of coins down - he knew this would be more than enough to cover the bill for her work, because there was a tidy sum there.

"I have a few clients to meet with, but I do look forward to your finalised work." Nero explained. He was going to need a little time to think up something to get what he wanted, and pressing now was not going to be worth it. Especially on her soil.

Getting up, Nero buttoned his suit jacket back in place. "Thank you for your time today, though, Lucy, it's been most... useful." Nero commented, offering the witch his hand to shake before he would leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As far as the crow can see ( Nero )    As far as the crow can see ( Nero )  Empty

Back to top Go down

As far as the crow can see ( Nero )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next