Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) Empty
PostSubject: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 11:04 am

It was several days after Lucy had woken up properly. Questioning, checking, testing, psychiatric analysis she had had the whole works and she was kind of over it.

In all honesty Lucy just wanted to be alone but it seemed today like every other day that wasn't going to be the case. She saw Jake. Jake the hero as everyone was calling him . It would do no good to pretend to be asleep Jake was too smart for that. Instead she stayed where she was. "Jake." She said quietly.

She didn't really know what to say, other then. "Thank you for rescuing me for my mother." Not for her, Jake had done it but it wasn't for her. Jake hadn't listened when she had asked him to stop. Sure, she was grateful to be alive but the other option in all honesty seemed much more appealing.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 8:32 pm

Jake had been checking in on Lucy in every spare moment he got. Each time he arrived, however, Lucy had either been asleep, or with her mum. Knowing that he had no right to intrude in either moment - despite Ms. Belware's insistence that it was okay - Jake had made an excuse and promised he would come back another time.

The testing - Jake had found out from Clarinda's reports - had brought up nothing past what they could see. Thankfully - Jake had had to hold his breath as he read this section - there had been no sexual abuse on Lucy's body, and Jake had been so, so relieved to hear that. Yes, they still had a long way to go before Lucy would be better, but at least they didn't have to deal with that, too.

Today, Jake had been via Honeydukes before coming to the hospital, picking up some chocolate and a packet of Bertie Bott Every Flavour Beans for the witch - of the vegetarian variety, of course. Slipping in to the room, which was today empty, and Lucy was awake, Jake gave the witch a small smile, moving to her side of the bed. "Hey, Lucy." He replied softly, placing the treats on her bedside, before pulling up a chair.

The next comment, however, made Jake frown slightly. But he pushed the frown away, deciding it was best not to upset the witch. "You're welcome, but I saved you, for you." Jake told her softly, before motioning to the sweets. "I got you some sweets, thought that might help a little bit. I know the food in here isn't great." He told her, trying to lighten the mood up just a little bit in that moment.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 am

Lucy looked at Jake as he came closer, observing the sweets before giving a soft nod to say that she for one acknowledged him and two had heard him.

The second comment however made her shrug. "If you say so." She said before looking at the sweets. "Thankyou. And no it's pretty bad here apart from having lettuce and tomato. Mum's helping out." Lucy told him. Known for eating she strangely enough didn't wolf the food down like she normally did.

Instead it sat where he had placed it. Next to some flowers and some other things her friends had given . Few and far between.

"How is Ivan." Lucy asked, an expert at changing the topic and in all honesty didn't want Jake to ask her how she was going because she didn't want to lie to her friend and she didn't want to tell the truth either. Her mother was a merlin-send. At least she got fresh clothes and food each day. Showering she had told her mother she could do herself and she managed. Her mother , she wouldn't tell about her shoulder scar. It would break her mother too much. Probably more then it had broken Lucy.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 9:21 pm

"Would you like me to see if I can arrange for some better meals for you?" Jake asked Lucy as she explained that the meals she was being provided with were far from adequate in that moment. "Or... perhaps... some... cereal bars, or something, I could bring in to you next time?" Jake offered, not knowing what would be considered snacks for vegetarians, but at least trying to help her out a little bit.

The question of Ivan... Jake took to know she didn't want to talk about herself, so Jake obliged her that much. "He's doing great, actually. He asked about seeing you a couple of days ago. Saying he'd like to come and see the farm again, when you're better. Well... I explained we couldn't until you were better..." Jake explained, before waving that away. "He's doing really well at school, Veronika was telling me last night. The teachers are very impressed with his development. He's happy, though, and that's all that matters.

"I promised him that, if he was a good boy for the rest of the week, I would take him out on his miniature broom in the garden. He loves flying, I think maybe he's going to be a Quidditch player, like me." Jake explained, pride on his face in that moment, before he sobered to look back at Lucy.

"How's your mum doing?" Jake asked, keeping the topic off of Lucy, but not just talking about himself. That wasn't why he was here.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 2:52 am

Lucy listened to Jakes questions before answering , shaking her head " No it's fine , Mum brings more then enough ." She told him. " You've done enough."

Short . Sharp . Slightly bitter .

A part of Lucy wanted to be vindictive , cruel . She wanted to ask why Jake wouldn't bring Ivan here . The boy , after all was used to hospitals . However her bitterness would never extend to Ivan . No matter how bad her mindset was she wouldn't cross THAT line .

Listening to how Jake spoke about his son gave another twang of anger however she kept her mouth shut , Ivan was loved . That's what mattered .

" Mums fine all things considered ." She said , " She hasn't seen Frank for over a week . The niffler is most likely dead but otherwise she's fine . She hasn't read my report . I'd like it to stay that way . " Lucys meaning quite clear . Her mother wasn't to know what had happened .

Sitting up a little more Lucy grabbed the soy milk drink from near her bed . Getting a few sips out . " So why are you here ?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 8:51 pm

"Well, if you do want something, and your mum can't get it, for whatever reason. You only need to ask, and I'll get it for you." Jake insisted to the younger witch with a small smile. He could tell she wasn't happy, but he was only trying to help her feel better, through whatever means possible.

Nodding as Lucy explained about how her mum was doing, he frowned slightly at the mention of Frank and the Niffler. "I'm sure they're both fine. Probably just wandered off for a little while." Jake tried to reassure her, because there was no use worrying about it. "Knowing Frank, he's probably somewhere close by, worrying about you incessantly." Jake added, because the Demiguise was a very loyal creature like that,
truth be told.

The part about the report, though, made Jake nod slowly. "I'll let you... tell her in your own time." Jake agreed, because it wasn't really his place to tell Lucy's mum about what had happened. Yes, he'd brought Lucy back, but he was not entitled to divulging the secrets of what happened.

Lucy's question, however, had something of a sting in it. Professionalism kept that from showing in Jake's body language, though, and instead, he allowed a small pause to ensue before he answered. Not a hesitation, just a moment for Lucy to correct herself, or add something should she wish.

"I would have thought it obvious why I was here, Lucy. You're my friend. You have been through a lot, and I am here to support you. What you've been through...
Auror training only gave me a hint of what someone... hurting you in that manner was like - for resistance purposes - but I would never say I understand." Jake explained, giving her a small smile. "I care about you, Luce - and I want you to get better."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:14 am

Jakes insistence was insufferable , however she bit her tongue . Lucy didn't want to ask Jake for anything . She was over this hospital and over her friend " the hero "

" Yeah maybe . More likely he's at hogwarts ." Lucy answered " as for the niffler I hope it gets run over ." She said bitterly .

The part about her own time made Lucy growl a little " She's not going to be told . Not now not ever . Mum doesn't need to know what went on."

When Jake tried to reach out Lucy let out a cold laugh " do tell me Professor what EXACTLY have I been through hmm ? Come on you're the so called hero , why don't you tell me everything you know . All the juicy details." Lucys sarcasm was strong , and cruel .

" You want me to get better . Get better from what ? From being held captive or from being a shit witch . Isn't that what you wanted for years ? For me to " get better ." Here's something for you Jake . Get out . I'm sick of you and your perfect ways and always trying to be oh so good to Everyone . Now get out ! Go ! I never wanna see your stupid pureblood face again . F*ck off ."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 am

Jake had mentally cringed as Lucy insisted that she wished the Niffler had been run over. This was not the Lucy he knew, nor did he believe for a moment that this was what she truly wanted. Jake, therefore, passed no comment on the Niffler, or the Demiguise, and left Lucy to the moment of loathing. It was to be expected.

With Lucy continuing on about not wanting to tell her mum, Jake simply agreed with her. If that was what she wanted, then Jake would not push her further. It was not easy to talk about these things, but that didn't mean they shouldn't be spoken about.

But when Lucy blew up on him, obviously upset - with herself, or him, he would never be able to tell - Jake simply allowed her to get it out of her system. She could shout at him, call him names, whatever she wanted to make herself feel better, because Jake knew that this would help her in the long run.

Even though Jake understood her anger, though, he knew better than to stay when someone didn't want him there. Giving her a small nod to show he'd listened, Jake stood from his seat. "You know I will help you, with anything you need, when you're ready." Jake told her, his tone no different from before because he would not let her see that her words had stung him in that moment. "Send me an owl when you're ready to talk, Lucy." Jake told her. "I've got to go to work." He added, to show he wasn't running out on her entirely.

Without another word, though, Jake left her to her thoughts, knowing that, in time, she would send him a message, and they would be able to work together.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)   Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts) Empty

Back to top Go down

Perhaps not a friend (Jake - TW: Torture, Suicidal Thoughts)
Page 1 of 1