Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open)   Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Mathew's fifteenth birthday had been in the dying weeks of the Hogwarts school year, and it had come with little and less splendour, not that the Hufflepuff had minded. However, his birthday hadn't been a complete waste. No,
on his fifteenth birthday, he'd acquired a Zippo lighter from his grandfather. It wasn't anything fancy, just a golden cased lighter, old in nature, but Mathew's new found obsession.

Well, perhaps not obsession, but clicking the lighter in to action and watching the flames flicker had quickly become something of a past time for the blonde.

The small golden piece sat in the pocket of his trousers as Mathew moved in to the antique shop famed for it's darker art artefacts. Though, of course, that was not what the shop promoted itself as openly, everyone knew the truth. The aisles brought a welcome distraction from the heat of the day, and Mathew perused the items with care. He never moved to touch anything, and he never got too close to any individual item either.

Thus far, nothing of interest had come his way, but Mathew was sure, with time,
something... would become such.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open)   Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Lux was back in Borgin and Burkes. It was one of her favourite places to pass time, and if she was lucky, she'd find something fascinating to add to her growing collection of interesting items. With all her energy and time focused on graduating and passing her exams, she hadn't spent as much time as she would've liked browsing the store. But with all her studying done, she well deserved time to herself.

Dressed in one of her outifts, she entered the familiar store, pausing a moment to breathe in the scent contentedly before starting down one aisle. Her gaze caressed every object on the shelves, keeping a sharp eye out for something that might interest her. On her previous excursions, she'd found human bones, some small torture devices, and a jar full of strange but fascinating liquid she had yet to identify - just to name a few.

As she explored, she picked up things she thought would be interesting, putting them back after inspecting them and deciding it wasn't worth it. She'd been given a regular allowance and she had to choose wisely. Lost in the world of Borgin and Burkes, she didn't notice anyone until she entered a a new aisle. There, she saw a blonde boy, a Puff if she remembered correctly. Mathew something-or-other.

She paused a while, debating if she should engage him in conversation and see if there was game to be played here. She would find out soon enough. "Looking for anything specific?" she asked, her voice sweet but a calculating look in he eyes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open)   Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 10:38 am

The door had gone off with the admittance of another, and Mathew's eyes had looked up over the shelf to see who. The ex-Head Girl had entered the shop. As enlightening as that might have been for other people, Mathew held no interest in the ex-Slytherin. Just a girl, without even a pretty face to match, a waste, in truth. Mathew's eyes had moved away from her only a moment later.

Moving slightly further in to the back of the shop, Mathew took in the various items before his eyes landed on a candelabra. Not normally an item Mathew would be interested in, but as his eyes roved over the description, which stated the purpose of the candelabra was one that held something of voodoo properties, Mathew's eyes lit up a little with the idea as a smirk moved upon his features to match his mood.

Both of which dissipated in the moment movement from the corner of his eye registered and the Head Girl came in to his personal bubble - a bubble that was much larger than that of a normal person. So, even though the witch was not by any shape of the imagination close, she was in Mathew's bubble.

The question made Mathew let out a small breath of derision at her question. As if he was going to tell the daughter of the Minister of Magic what he may or may not be looking for in this shop. Which did strike him odd that the daughter of such a man would be found in such a shop to begin with. Mind ticking with the answer to why she was here, Mathew turned just enough to seem civil before he spoke.

"I can't say I am here on specific finding itinerary." Mathew replied to the witch, taking in the sweet smile, but the calculating eyes. Really. Turning away from the witch, Mathew moved away from the candelabra he'd been looking at, and continued to peruse without so much as looking back at the witch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open)   Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) EmptyTue May 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Seeing a Hogwarts student made Lux think back to the time she had spent there. It had been fun. Well, minus the part where she was held back a year because of her breakdown. But everything else had been fun. Waking up to a new day with exciting plans to bully an unsuspecting person, the challenge of pulling off something that would not get her in trouble but still making the students know their place, and the pleasure of watching people tremble in fear of her.

How she’d ruled the school!

Now that she’d graduated and was going to move on to university, she knew she could not be as tormenting as she had been. Uni would be different, she would be on the same level as her peers and they weren’t as spineless as mere first or second years. She wouldn’t be able to push people around as easily as she once did.

But now in front of her was the chance to play her last game, and with a Hufflepuff no less. But wisdom told her to never underestimate a Badger. Violet was a good example. Lux respected that girl and had never once touched her. Why ruin such a good specimen? No, seeing Violet in action told Lux to never jump to conclusions with anyone, be it Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

She racked her brain, trying to gather up all the information she knew about Mathew - if his name was Mathew; Lux couldn’t be sure. She’d seen him around in school but never got the opportunity to actually engage in conversation with him. He looked ordinary and tame enough that Lux didn’t expect that much of a challenge with him.

Which was why she was surprised when he brushed her off. What? Does he not know who I am? If it had been anyone else, they would’ve been trembling in their shoes by now. Unless he was someone like Violet? But those kinds of people didn’t come around often, did they? Lux kept her face and expression neutral, something she’d honed to perfection. Too many times, her victims showed all their thoughts on their face, making them all to easy to read. She wouldn’t make the same mistake.

Not letting his reaction effect her, Lux merely turned to the shelf beside her and busied herself with examining what it held though she kept the Puff in the corner of her eyes. Her fingers found an interesting object, one she recognised. She picked it up and turned it around thoughtfully.

“Me neither,” she responded, agreeing with him. “Sometimes I find the best things when I’m not looking intentionally.” She paused for a moment, fingering the object in her fingers. “Like this,” she held the thumbscrew out to him, not expecting him to take it but enough that he could if he wanted to, “thumbscrew. Imagine the amount of pain that could cause someone.” Her lips curled up in an evil smile, more to herself than to him.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open)   Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) EmptyMon May 08, 2017 8:30 pm

The agreement did very little to sway Mathew's attention back to the witch. People who agreed easily, readily, were not the kind of people he liked to enjoy the company of. Not that he'd found anyone he particularly enjoyed the company of thus far, but the witch before him was not one offering up much of interest to him.

But, she didn't stop talking, and Mathew's instincts were keeping her words flowing in to his mind, processing them, filing them, but not reacting. It was something he'd noticed he could do, without really trying to do. A quirk to who he was that meant he didn't have to actively think about such things.

However, Mathew's eyes looked back to the witch when she spoke of finding something of interest. He looked simply to see what she would deem to be interesting in this shop versus what he thought to be interesting. The thumbscrew that she held made him look lazily from the thumbscrew to the witch, and, very slowly, Mathew's eyebrow arched.

Was she serious? Old fashioned torture devices. It spoke volumes, though, about what she found to be interesting. Mathew couldn't say he agreed with it being interesting. Useful. Practical. But interesting? No, Mathew didn't agree with that notion.

"The thumbscrew is a little... medieval." Mathew replied simply to the witch, moving away once again without another word. Again, his eyes didn't lay purchase on anything for too long. No, not with the Minister's daughter on his trail. Averting danger was the only thing he was going to be doing now, it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open)   Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (Open)
Page 1 of 1