Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

» When it Rains, It Pours ((Open))
Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 10:52 am

Hoping that she'd made the correct decision, Stephanie began to walk down the path, noticing that it was bending a little to the right. At first, everything was alright, but then the path began to get wetter and muddier. Soon, her very expensive one-of-a-kind tailor made shoes were coated in the horrid brown stuff. Not being able to take it any longer, Stephanie began cursing, almost throwing a fit at the destruction of her beautiful shoes. It was a good thing no one was around to hear her. This is what you get for choosing the water path. Of course, water and dirt equals mud. This is disgusting.

But she pushed on, determined that - although the mud disgusted her - she would finish this wild goose chase. Up ahead, she spotted a small stream of water and decided to stop for a while and wash the mud off her shoes before continuing. The small stream of water grew until it was a large river, the water rushing pass as if in a hurry to empty itself into the sea. Stephanie never did like the outdoors - it made her all icky as proven by her destroyed shoes - but she could appreciate the sight of the magnificent river.

After a while, the path lead away from the river and Stephanie stuck to it thanking Merlin that now the mud was gone and it was a nice and dry path. Her shoes were still muddy - there was no way of saving that now but she could always order another one - but she continued walking. In the distance, she could see where the path seemed to end and made her steps a little faster. When she saw that she was back at the beginning, having gone one full round, Stephanie screamed in frustration. "Argh," she groaned. "I hate this." Her walking and getting her shoes all destroyed had been for nothing. This really was a wild goose chase. At least now she knew which path to take.

a) There’s only one option left -- the path of fire.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 7:13 am

19b
With only one option left, you start down the right path. The trees start to thicken as you walk further down, and soon the leaves and branches form a canopy above you, blocking the sun. Still you press on forward, trudging through the path. It is eerily quiet, with only the rare insect chirping, but you don’t let that deter you as you keep going.

Finally, up ahead, you see a clearing; rays of light break through and light up your path, and you hurry forward to the clearing. To the left is a small hut, seemingly abandoned. It is old, windowpanes missing the glass, cobwebs covering parts of the wood. You head towards it and find the door is open. You enter and find a single chair in the middle of the room.

In it sits a house elf. He looks at you and smiles. “Some people say fire is destructive, but it isn’t always true. To the phoenix, it is life. It also represents passion, and without passion people are alive but aren’t living; there is no life.” He seems to be repeating something memoried. “Answer this question honestly to get your next clue: why do you fear?”

a) Answer the question in order to continue.

(OOC: You may use the House Elf in your post to reply to your character if you wish. They can have a deep conversation if you want them to.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Walking down the only choice left, Stephanie began to notice that the trees started to thicken, preventing sunlight from filtering through the leaves. Not liking the lack of light, she hastened her footsteps, hoping that the end of the path was coming soon. Another thing that struck her as strange was the silence. Now, she didn't like walking outdoors so she couldn't really say what a forest was supposed to sound like, but from all the books she'd read, she expected something. All she heard was the rare sound of an insect of some sort. She couldn't even hear birds.

Eventually, she reached saw something other than a dirt path and trees; she spotted a clearing. Reaching it, se saw that there was a hut and from the looks of it, not a very nice one either. Since it was the only thing there, she stepped up to it. Reaching a fist forward, she knocked once and the door opened.

She did not expect to see the house elf there.

It began to explain the reasoning behind the path and although it made some sense, Stephanie preferred her water choice but she didn't get a chance to argue when the elf asked her a question, a question which took her by surprise. "I...I don't...," she stuttered before stopping to think. There were some things she feared, a bad reputation and losing popularity amongst them, which was why she worked so hard to keep them. But why was the question. "I guess I fear because I'm not sure what happens in the future if I do - or don't do - something," she began, feeling like she wasn't really answering the question. "I fear because I need to have control over what's going on around me and it's the only thing I've ever known. But I don't know why exactly I fear. I guess I'm still figuring that out."
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 8:15 pm

The House Elf nods at your answer, seemingly satisfied with the explanation you’ve given him. He smiles at you. “Make your way out of the forest and over to the Care of Magical creatures paddock.” He says nothing more and you leave the shack behind. There is a path behind it with a sign indicating it is the exit and you follow it. It’s not as scary as the other one, with light from above guiding your way. However, the trees beside you are close together and thick, with hardly any gaps between them.

Suddenly, up ahead, you notice something blocking your path. A giant boulder is in the way! Upon closer inspection, it seems to be made of twine and interwound branches. It’s huge and in the middle of the path, so you can’t walk around it. The trees are too thick for you to be able to enter into the forest and find another path. It seems the only way to get rid of the giant ball is by magic.

What spell do you use?

a) Wingardium Leviosa
b) Flipendo
c) Incendio

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Stephanie sighed in relief as the House Elf accepted her answer. She hadn't been the most articulate but in her defense, the question had taken her by surprise. Smiling and thanking her House Elf after receiving her next set of instructions, she made her way out of the hut, pausing for a moment outside to get her bearings. Spotting the sign - only Merlin knew what she would've done if there hadn't been one - she turned in its direct and began walking again, feeling the ache in her feet and wishing this whole ordeal was over.

She was so focused on the effort it took to put one foot in front of the other that she didn't see the boulder until it was right in front of her. Blinking a few times, she looked closer and saw that it was a big ball of branches and twine. One glance around her told her that she had no way to go around it. Taking out her wand, she didn't hesitate before casting the Fire-making Spell. The ball would catch fire easily and would be out of her way soon.

c) Incendio
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 7:29 am

25a
You decide to use Incendio to try to move the ball of twine and interwound branches from your path. You raise your wand and perform the spell. You watch as the spell hits the ball, engulfing it in flames. Slowly, but surely, the ball starts to shrink in size as the twine and branches burn from the spell. You are held up momentarily whilst you wait for the ball to be reduced to ashes.

With the path before you now clear, you make your way out towards the exit of the forest and find yourself at the paddock.

You find yourself faced with a Centaur.

The Centaur considers you for a moment, but they have a far off look in their eyes, as if considering some other worldly ideologies. A few more moments pass, before the Centaur’s attention finally makes it’s way to you. “The planets’ alignment is almost complete,” the Centaur says in a far off voice. “Upon such a time, it is unknown of what consequences you may face…

“Who are you really? Describe yourself without using your name, or any attributes given to you by society and really think. Deep down, who are you?” the Centaur adds, not really making any connection to their earlier words. Sense, though, was never truly something that Centaurs ever made.

a) Answer the question in order to continue.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 10:39 am

If there was one thing that she was good at, it was magic. With no doubt at all that her spell would work, Stephanie casted it and watched in satisfaction and pride as the ball went up in flames. It took a while for it to dissolve to ashes but it was eventually gone, freeing up the path before her. Carefully so that she would get as little of the ash on her as possible, Stephanie stepped over the pile of ash before continuing down to the paddock.

Right in front of her was a Centaur. It was so unexpected that Stephanie caught a breathe in her throat before recovering her senses quickly and giving it one of her practiced smiles. He spoke of planet alignment and consequences, both of which Stephanie didn't know what to make sense of. Then he seemed to interrupt himself, posing a question to her.

"I'm Ste-" she began before cutting herself off. It had been such an automatic reaction to say her name. But the Centaur had said to not use her name or anything society defined her as. That meant she couldn't even say that she was a Pureblood. She parted her lips slightly to speak again but closed them when she didn't know what to say. Who am I? She was Stephanie Richardson, that's who she was. But who was she beyond some letters stringed together, beyond the sounds people made to get her attention? Because that's all a name really was, just sounds people made and tagged on you.

Clearing her throat in the most lady-like manner, she tried to answer the question. "I'm an independent girl, someone good at Potions and magic. I had ambitions and goals, but now they've changed a little and I'm making new ones." She paused to think a little before continuing. "I know how to behave in society and am often admired by many, though I've just found out recently that the reason for that might not be what I thought it was. I'm someone who doesn't give up, even if the going gets tough. I stick it out and I come out on top in the end." She stopped to take a breath. "That said, I'm still trying to find out who I really am and what I'm capable of. I think one's identity is a journey, and not something that can be summarised in a few sentences. We discover something new about ourselves every day and every time we face a challenge."

Throughout the length of her speech, she kept her head high, her pride shining in her eyes. She may not fully know yet who she truly was beyond her name, but she would find out.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 7:32 am

The Centaur seems to have been (half) listening to your answer that you gave, but their eyes were not completely focused on you. Whether your answer was to the question was satisfactory or not for the Centaur, you will never know, for they do not acknowledge you in the slightest once you are finished with your answer.

Instead, the Centaur merely raises their arm, pointing to the Quidditch Pitch which can only just be seen off in the distance. With that, they turn and trot off, almost tripping over a rock in the process as they mutter to themselves about the planets, and the impending alignment.

With no further instructions, you decide to follow the ‘clue’ that the Centaur has given you. On route, however, you notice something glimmering in the sun, catching your eye as you move close.

What do you do?

a) Keep heading straight towards the Quidditch Pitch.
b) Move towards the glimmering object, and investigate.

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 7:56 am

Stephanie watched the Centaur closely after she gave her answer, waiting to see if it as acceptable. It couldn't be wrong, right? There was no correct answer to this kind of question. And who was the Centaur to know who she really was? Even if she she told a completely lie, the Centaur wouldn't know her from any other Fourth Year Slytherin Blonde.

When he pointed to the Quidditch Pitch, Stephanie briefly glanced in that direction before returning her gaze to the Centaur - thinking that he might say something in addition to his action - only to see him turn around and clumsily trot off. That was weird, but nobody knew what Centaurs were thinking half the time. Shrugging, Stephanie headed in the direction the Centaur had pointed.

It was going to be a relatively long walk to the Quidditch Pitch and she sighed a little. Her legs were already aching from the day's efforts and all she wanted to do was take a shower, wash off the muck that was on her, and collapse in her bed. But her determination to finish this thing won out and she put one leg in front of the other albeit slowly.

As she walked, something shiny caught her eye and she paused. Should she go straight on to the Quidditch Pitch or go and see what it was? If she went straight on, she would be obeying the Centaur and it would probably bring less trouble than veering off the path to satisfy her curiosity. But she needed to know what it was. The worst thing it could be was another obstacle she had to overcome.

b) Move towards the glimmering object, and investigate.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 7:57 am

The glimmering object proves to be too much temptation and you decide to make a quick detour to go and see what it is. A short walk away is a mirror. With a golden frame that look to be old and dusty, it stands in the middle of the field. Nobody else is around it or in sight, and you move closer to examine the old mirror. What is it doing there? You don’t know, but it seems to be inviting you closer, and you move forward.

There is an inscription on the top of it that reads ‘erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru on wohsi’ and nothing more. You stare at it for a while, trying to puzzle out the meaning. The mirror beckons you closer and, almost subconsciously, you obey, stepping over so you are right in front of it.

You peer into the mirror and see yourself -- but hang on, it’s not just you. There’s something else as well.

a) Describe what your character sees in the Mirror of Erised. Whether your character realises this is the Mirror of Erised or not is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson   Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Treasure Hunt - Stephanie Richardson
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next