Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?


Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Chatbox
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 13 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:14 pm
Latest topics
» Play Date (Sophie)
by Sophie Heart Today at 7:29 am

» New Beginnings {Ambroise & Roxanne}
by Ambroise Durand Today at 5:17 am

» Advertising
by Guest Today at 3:11 am

» Stocking up (open)
by Janet Shinings Today at 12:49 am

» Versailles, December 2001
by Mimosa Harrington Yesterday at 10:13 pm

» Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake)
by Mackenzie Faucette Yesterday at 10:12 pm

Unanswered Open Threads

None!

IC Chatbox

Share | 
 

 Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 pm

The Great Hall begins to empty as the students trickle out from breakfast. Eventually, the Hall is bare of any students except for you, and as you stand from your seat to leave your attention is pulled away from the treasure hunt by something unusual out of the corner of your eye. At the front, where the Professors usually sit, is a pedestal. It’s not that tall, perhaps only half your height, and is pure white. You can see intricate designs of leaves carved around it.

On top of the pedestal is a chest. You take a few steps closer to investigate. It’s not too large but you know that with magic, it could hold far more than meets the eye. It is a bit shabby and old looking, as if it's gone unopened for many years, a layer of dust and what seems to be cobwebs covering it. There are hints of water damage; the lock is tight and made of a strong metal that has some traces of rust on it, and there is moss growing on the side of the chest.


What do you do?

a) Approach and investigate the chest
b) Open the chest with Alohomora
c) Ignore the chest and leave the Great Hall

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another color, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:44 am

Cade watched as the other students began pouring out of the great hall, and like always he was always one of the last to be finished, due to him waking up late. Something he had no intentions of stopping as he liked to sleep in. Cade soon saw something in the corner of his eye that had surprisingly intrigued him.

The boy had immediately began walking over to the white chest. That had been surprised as most chests had been brown, then again they were pirate chests. And then part of him began to wonder if this had something to do with the treasure hunt he signed up for, well his parents made him, so they signed up.

Leaving Cade to approach the chest, kneeling one his legs. As he attempted to investigated not daring to get himself in trouble, due to not wanting letters. Wanting to at least wait until half way through the year until he would start trouble.

Cade had began to wonder what could have been the chest.

a ) Approach and investigate the chest
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:24 am

You decide to take the safe route and investigate the chest. Approaching it, you become aware the lock isn’t as sturdy as it first appeared and is almost rusted through. Now right in front of it, you realise that the chest has begun to shake a little, as though there’s something inside. Suddenly, the top bursts open and there are squeaks that fill the empty hall. There is a blur of blue as something emerges from the chest and flies over your head.

The door to the great hall slams shut and you turn to find that it’s being guarded by six creatures. They are eight inches high and are electric blue. They have long pointed ears and long arms, three fingers on each hand. You recognise them as Cornish Pixies.

They start chattering to each other, loud, shrill noises that hurts your ears. You notice one of them is holding a piece of paper -- that must be the clue! Gripping your wand tightly, you prepare to fight them.


a) Defeat the pixies in order to receive the clue. End your post with picking up the clue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Cade had been looking intently at the chest, noticing the lock was not sturdy. The boy wondered if maybe he could find some sort of lock pick. Cade wondered if that would work with an magical chest, it would probably some way to jinx him. The fourth year soon jumped as he heard the great halls slam shut, and he felt his heart drop for a second. He turned as he soon looked in fear as he saw Cornish Pixies.

" You know how to shut doors? " said Cade as he sighed for a moment. Then began to see them coming right towards him, as he began to regret even stopping for the chest. Maybe he should have attended more classes, as he grew nervous. As he then thought of the idea of perhaps using his wand. Something soon caught his attention as he saw one of them had a piece of paper in it's hand.

Cade knew that there was no time to contemplate why a pixie would be carrying a piece of paper as he soon thought of some sort charm. The Hufflepuff soon thought of the perfect charm as he soon shouted. " Immobulus " hoping this could hopefully stop the pixies for a moment, so he could get out of the hall.

After he casted the charm, he decided to maybe attempt to walk up to them. Even though part of him began to wonder if he would regret this. He knew it was worth a try as he walked up to it, taking the piece of paper. Opening the paper, he began to read the clue.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:42 pm

5.
The clue reads:

Brewing potions isn’t easy unless you have all the ingredients and the skill. Luckily, three have already been made for you. Find them where you first learnt how to use your cauldron. Choose wisely and your next clue will be revealed.

Quickly, you make your way down to the dungeons, bypassing empty classrooms until you reach the Potions Classroom. Stepping inside, you find, as the note had said, three small glasses on the table. You approach them.

The first contains liquid that is clear and has no special scent, instead appearing to be water. Upon closer examination, you realise that it’s slightly thicker than normal water, but other than that there’s nothing to give away what it could be.

The second glass has a light gold liquid inside, reminding you of the sky at sunset. It’s got swirls of orange inside, and smells faintly of carrots, but other than that has no scent. It’s thick, like medicine, but doesn’t look unpleasant.

The last glass contains a beautiful dark blue liquid that sparkles in the light. There appears to be bits and pieces of glitter inside it as it refracts the light. It smells familiar, but you can’t quite place it. It makes you feel safe and relaxed.

You are now faced with a choice.


Which potion do you drink?

a) The clear, almost water-like liquid
b) The bright golden liquid
c) The dark blue, sparkly liquid

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another color, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Cade had never got along with making Potions, and if someone gave him a Potion to brew, the boy would end up screwing it up. Which made him cringe when he read the clue and how it involved Potions, couldn't it have been something else. The boy read over the clue as thoughts began to come across his mind. Without hesitation the boy made his way down to the dungeons as he wanted to have some sort of insight.

The dungeons were not his favorite face, even though his common room was down there. He was not a fan of whom he had to share it with. Cade watched as he passed fellow Hufflepuffs and Slytherins who shot him glares. He soon saw his least favorite place of all the classes, the Potions classroom, a place that he knew was not a fan of him either. Entering the classroom, relieved to soon that no one else was in there.

He disliked the Potions professor, then again he hated the subject completely. The Hufflepuff spotted three Potions sitting upon a table. Cade quickly walked over to the table, and examined the Potions reluctantly. Reading the clue once again, stating that he had to pick something, which made him cringe he was a bad decision maker. Going over to each of the potions and wondered how he could choose this.

The boy soon was left with a choice, and then looked at the middle one. Although it looked kind of disgusting and not having a scent. He thought of what could be it, as he extended his hand out and picked it up, wondering what would come of him drinking, and the boy quickly took a sip of it curious for the clue.

Cade awaited the clue.

B ) The bright golden liquid
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:01 am

8a.
The golden liquid seems to be a wise choice and you down it. It’s not unpleasant, tasting only slightly of carrots, but it’s thick and hard to swallow. For a while, nothing happens and you wonder if you’ve wasted your time -- but then, slowly, your start to see a tint of gold around your vision. You blink a few times, trying to clear it, but it only gets worse until all you can see is a film of gold.

Abruptly, the film clears, and as you look around, you realise you can see something written on the wall that wasn’t there before. Written in gold letters, it says:

Make your way to Greenhouse Two to find the next clue. Remember to watch your step, but don’t be afraid to take a leap of faith!

You leave the potions behind and make your way outside to the Greenhouses, finding Greenhouse Two easily enough. Opening the door, you find it’s pitch black. You take a while to adjust, but once you do, you realise that in front of you is a pit. Remembering the instructions of the clue, you take the jump and find yourself being grabbed by a plant! It twists itself around you and starts to squeeze.

You realise that you can’t reach your wand.


What do you do?

a) Struggle
b) Don’t struggle

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another color, or bolded.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:11 am

Cade had been feeling uneasy about this treasure hunt, and had soon tasted the carrots that could be tasted in the Potion. The taste was not as bad as he thought, but still was not his first pick on something, but it could be better than nothing. He began to wonder as he if it was going to work, since there was no affect. Then as seconds went pass, he could soon see gold, and he wondered if perhaps it killed him, since why else would he see gold.

Then as the affect grew stronger, he saw just gold. Cade began to grow very nervous, and he knew that he was kind of a whimp in some cases. And he shouted. " Why do I only see gold? " as continued to blink, the effect only growing worse. He had been easily not enjoying this at all, and wished he could have just left. Within minutes the film began to clear, and Cade had soon turned to see something written on the wall.

He walked over to get a better view of the writing on the wall. Confusion went over him as began to read what it was saying, and knew that it would be fun to have a walk out to the Greenhouse Two. Cade began to let out a snicker at the take a leap of faith, turning as he began to make his way out to the Greenhouse. Wondering if this would at all be worth it, and then he wondered if maybe he was just wasting his time.

Cade knew there was no turning back, as he continued his walk out to the greenhouses. And had then saw it coming to view, and his heart began to grow fast. Wondering what the leap of faith would end up being something he would regret. He came to the door as he opened it, to nothing but black. And Cade began to wonder if he would have to make his way in the dark, it was not like he could see with night vision.

The Hufflepuff entered the pitch black Greenhouse, attempting to adjust to the blackness, and then he saw a pit in front of him, and he grew nervous. Was he walking to his death? There had to be some game that was being played, but he knew that it would not hurt to take a simple chance.

He then jumps into the Pit, and before he hit the grown. Something had grabbed him, and he began to wonder what it was, as he soon saw it was plants. And he began to grow nervous, as he began to struggle with it, even though it was probably no the best choice, as he let out a worried shout. " Someone please help! "

A ) Struggle
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:05 am

9.
You panic, struggling to get free. You can feel the tentacles of the plant wrap tightly around you, cutting off air supply. It gets harder and harder to breathe, and that just makes you struggle all the more. You try to go for your wand, but find you can’t reach it; the plant has your arms pinned to your side.

Just as you think it’s over and you’re going to pass out, you hear, in the distance, someone mutter Lumos and a bright light appears.

The plant retracts at once, loosening its grip on you and you find yourself slipping down, past the tentacles. You land with a soft thud on the ground below and take a few moments to gain your bearing. You hear the Greenhouse Professor somewhere above you asking if you’re okay and if the Devil’s Snare hurt you in any way.


a) In order to move on to the next part, please write the above scenario.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:47 am

Cade had been scared as the plant began to tighten his grip around his body. He was not ready to die just yet, at the hands of a magical plant. He could feel himself struggling to breath and known he could not close his eyes. Cade had been beyond mad that his parents made him do this treasure hunt, not knowing it would possibly hurt their son. The Hufflepuff felt his arms pinned to his side.

He began to feel himself pass out, and had been becoming to think it was all done. And that he would have end up dying at the end of something he hated, but before he could he soon heard something which made him relieved deep inside his heart. A light began to appear as he had been wondering if he was dying.

After that he could easily feel the plant retracting and losing it's grip on him. He could feel himself slipping down, and past the tentacles. Cade had immediately realized that he was finally free from the grips of the plant. Landing with soft thud, as he looked around trying to figure out where in the world he had been. Trying to regain his bearing, and he soon heard footsteps to see the Herbology professor.

The professor asked him if he was okay, and if it hurt you. " I am just a little shocked, but still trying to regain some breath from nearly being squeezed to death. " said Cade in a worried tone, as he asked. " Do you know anything about the clue? "
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:32 am

10b.
After assuring Professor Loverin that you are alright, you take a few moments to readjust to the dimness of the area. Look around, you find that you are in the middle of a small hallway. In front of you is a door with a note on it.

Your next task brings you into the lake. Choose wisely.

To your left is what appears to be a dead tree stump on top of a bottle of something green. From where you are, it looks like slimy, grey-green rat tails. There’s a label on the jar, but you can’t make it out from here.

To your right is a small table with ingredients and a cauldron in the middle of it. There’s a piece of parchment beside it, and while it appears to be a list of instructions, you can’t read what the potion is or how to make it.


Which do you choose?

a) Investigate the potions table
b) Investigate the mysterious jar under the stump

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another color, or bolded.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:06 am

Cade had been becoming very annoyed with how this treasure hunt had been turning out. He knew once he got to a place to send an owl to his parents he would. The fourteen year old had began to reassure Professor Loverin he had been alright. The boy took a few moments to adjust and found himself in a small hallway. He began to wonder if he got himself lost, but had began walking until he found a note posted on a door.

Reading the note, Cade wondered what could possibly be at the lake. Annoyed about having another choose, the last one nearly getting him killed. Curious to know what else was in store for the fourth year. Since everything else seemed to be not turning out the greatest for him, as he opened the door. Which he began to wonder if the door lead out to the lake.

The boy had arrived at the lake as he wondered what was supposed to be out there. Looking to his left seeing a dead tree stump, and to his right a potion table with ingredients. He knew that he did not want to do anything that involved any sort of Potion. Cade walked over to the dead tree stump, wondering if this could truly get any worse.

He already managed to almost suffocate, so what could possibly go wrong. The boy arrived at the tree stump, and picked up the mysterious jar, examining it. Wondering if maybe he should open it, but without any hesitation he opened it.

Curious to see what was in store for him.

B ) Investigate the mysterious jar under the stump
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:12 am

12a
You decide to investigate the stump. The label on the jar says ‘Gillyweed’. As you near it, you take in the stump. It’s old, with moss growing at the side, and thick branches curled inwards. The jar sits in the middle of an opening of the trunk; it is just wide enough for your hand to reach inside and pull out the jar.

You take another step forward and at once the plant springs to life. The branches extend outwards, vines emerging from somewhere inside it. They are long and thin, covered in thorns, and wave around dangerously. You hesitate and realise that they aren’t reaching for you, and seem to be moving at random, protecting the jar. If you are fast enough, you could reach inside and grab it without getting hurt, or you could try and use a spell.

The other option you have is to ignore the plant altogether and opt for brewing the potion instead.


What do you do?

a) Get the jar of Gillyweed (write the successful obtaining of the jar to continue)
b) Go over to the potions table

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:48 am

Cade had been looking at stump, and wondering what could have possibly been in there. Soon reading the label of the jar. He began to wonder for a moment, and wondered if this would involve him having to go in the lake. Since he was not that good of swimmer, despite having grown up in Australia. Cade had just wanted this treasure hunt to be old, so he could something to complain to his parents about.

Part of him wished his sister had been present, but soon turning his attention back to jar. Trying to find some way to try and get the jar. Then finding some sort of way to open it, but wondering how he would do this without having something else happen to him. Wondering if maybe this could require having to best be fast to try and get the jar.

Or he could simply cast a spell. Cade felt a smirk come on his face, and knew that he would simply try and be fast. What could possibly go wrong the boy wonder, then again he could always go back and try to do the Potion. But he knew that would just be stupid, as he smirked to himself and decided that he would grab it.

The boy kneeled down, as he reached into the get the jar. As he successfully obtained it and had waited to see what was in store next.

A) Get the jar of Gillyweed
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:54 am

13b
You manage to get the jar from the stump successfully. Taking it with you, you leave the hall through the door, making your way down to the Black Lake. Reaching the shore you look around and notice there is a sign post that has never been there before. Beneath it is a locked box. The sign post explains that the box is magically locked and can only be opened with the key -- which is located somewhere in the marked out section of the lake.

It goes on to tell you that there are three areas for you to explore. The first is the kelp forest. The second is a rock pile. The third is a small cave. It ends with wishing you luck and adds that if you run into trouble to shoot red sparks from your wand; the merpeople on standby will assist you.

You eat the Gillyweed just before you enter the water. You feel the gills grow and you plunge into the lake and find you can breathe without issues. You start to swim downwards, and soon find yourself facing the decision of which area to search first.


Where do you go?

a) The kelp forest
b) The rock pile
c) The small cave

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:11 am

Cade had began walking back with the jar in his hand. Curious to see what he would end up doing with the Gillyweed. A pit had began to grow in his stomach, having the feeling that this would end up leading him to have to swim. The boy sighed as he made his way out to the lake, the jar in his hand. He had been wondering if his sister had been forced to do this treasure hunt like he had been forced to do the hunt to.

The Hufflepuff had soon arrived at the shore, as he looked around curious to see if there was anything for to know what he would do with the Gillyweed. He soon noticed a sign post with a lockbox under it, and he walked over having a feeling that this had something to do with what he would have to do with it.

Noticing that the sign read the lockbox could be opened with a key, and read that the key had been located in the marked section of the lake. A groan came out of the boy's mouth, knowing full well that this would mean he would have to swim. Finding out that there was three areas he could pick to explore. Ending with wishing him luck, and that if he needed help to just let red sparks fly, as well as the merpeople would be helping him.

He read the choices, but simply rolled his eyes. Making his way over to the lake, as he put the Gillyweed in his mouth, hoping that he would not die while trying to do this. Once he felt the gills grow, the boy had went into the water. Once he was in the water, he began swimming downward the best he could.

Coming to the decision of what he would end up checking out first: the kelp forest, rock pile, or the small cave. He decided that he would try the kelp forest, and without hesitation he began to swim over to the kelp forest.

A ) The Kelp Forest
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:34 am

14a
Deciding to start in the kelp forest, you head to the thick mass of green seaweed and begin your search. After a long time swimming in and out of the green mass, searching for the key, you come up short. The most interesting thing you find is a herd of flying seahorses that seem to want to play with you, but you ignore them and keep searching. Still finding nothing, you decide to head back to the start only to find you are lost!

Looking around all you can see is green surrounding you and you have no idea how to get back to the starting point. For a while, you wander around until you spot a break in the green and swim there quickly. You’re finally back at the start! You have two options left.


Where do you go?

a) The rock pile
b) The small cave

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:18 am

Cade had swam into the kelp forest to only be faced with green and more green. The fourteen year old continued swimming and swimming. He had began to worry as he only seeing green and nothing but the color green. The hufflepuff soon realized that he was lost, and part of him began to wonder if he got himself lost.

He continues to wonder around the kelp forest, hoping he could get himself out of this. The boy had kind of wanted to complete the treasure hunt in one piece. And before he knew it the boy had finally managed to get himself out of kelp forest, feeling a sense of relief grow in him. As the boy found his way back to the start

Looking around at the options, hoping he could actually manage to make a smart decision. The boy began to wonder how long the Gillyweed would last. He had began to contemplate the options that had been in store for him. As he began to swim towards the small cave, hoping that maybe this would be the smart decision.

C ) The Small Cave
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:43 am

16b
Deciding to try the cave next, you swim towards it. It’s badly lit and small, and you take a moment to adjust to the light. Something glimmers at the very back. You just manage to make out the shape of a key hanging on the wall! It seems that the cave was the smart choice, and you move forward to take the key. Suddenly, something darts out from a small crevice hidden at the back.

It’s a small creature, green in colour, long tentacle like fingers moving around it. It’s a grindylow! It bears its teeth at you. The key seems to be under its protection. If you want it, you have to fight it. As you prepare to do so a second thought hits you -- you could always ask the merpeople for help.


What do you do?

a) Fight the creature yourself
b) Ask the merpeople for help

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:10 am

Cade had swam towards the cave, hoping that maybe the key would be in there. The boy swam into the cave, as he saw it had been dimly lit, and sighed for a bit. As he waited for a couple moments for the light to finally adjust. But he soon spotted something shiny, and had began to grow a sense of hope inside his body. The boy began swimming towards the shiny object, that he wondered had been the key.

The boy had wanted to hopefully achieve some sort of good thing from this treasure hunt. Once, he arrived, something darted out in front of him. The boy swam back a little bit, as part of him began to grow nervous once more. And had saw the creature had been a Grindylow, and he had wondered if he could turn back yet.

He then realized that would only be something a coward would do, then again if he went back would it really phase anyone. But he then thought maybe he could try to fight the creature off himself, and see whatever would be the result of that. Then again the boy really did not feel like dying, realizing that he could simply just ask the merpeople for help. The boy smiled as he knew that calling the merpeople could do that job.

Without any hesitation, " Merpeople please help me! " shouted the boy.

B ) Ask the merpeople for help.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:21 am

18b
You raise your wand and conjure up red sparks. Within seconds a merperson is there and begins to talk to the grindylows. They begin to leave, and soon they are all gone. The merperson takes the key and passes it to you before leaving.

You make your way out of the cave and back to the shore. Quickly, you unlock the box. Inside is your next clue.

Follow the path of life to find the shack in the middle of the forest.

You head into the forest, walking down the only path further into the thicket of trees. A few moments in, you find that the road splits into three. A signpost labels the paths with a mere picture; the one on the right is marked by a crude drawing of a flame, the one in the middle is marked by a drawing of a water droplet, and the one to the left is marked by a drawing of a leaf.


Which path do you take?

a) The right one (marked by the drawing of a flame)
b) The middle one (marked by the drawing of a water droplet)
c) The left one (marked by the drawing of a leaf)

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Cade had been relieved when the merpeople arrived, and threw him the key. He caught key, thanking them as left. Which led Cade to soon began making his way back to the shore, and been thrilled to know he did not manage to get himself killed. The boy had soon arrived to the shore where he got out of the water, despite being soaken wet. Cade began to walk over to where the box had been, wondering if he would end up finding the treasure.

Since he did not feel like looking for more things, and before he could think. The boy had kneeled down, and picked the lockbox, putting the key in it. Watching as the lockbox had opened up and he began to wonder for a moment. As he picked up the letter for the next clue, and saw it read for him to choose paths.

Cade had then began to wonder about which one he should choose, the one with the flame, water droplet or the one with the leaf. He began to wonder what could have been the safer option, but then again he did not mind taking a risk. Which led to maybe give the flame a try as he made his way to the flame path.

A ) The right one (marked by the drawing of a flame)
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:32 pm

19a
You pick fire and walk down the right path. The trees start to thicken as you walk further down, and soon the leaves and branches form a canopy above you, blocking the sun. Still you press on forward, trudging through the path. It is eerily quiet, with only the rare insect chirping, but you don’t let that deter you as you keep going.

Finally, up ahead, you see a clearing; rays of light break through and light up your path, and you hurry forward to the clearing. To the left is a small hut, seemingly abandoned. It is old, windowpanes missing the glass, cobwebs covering parts of the wood. You head towards it and find the door is open. You enter and find a single chair in the middle of the room.

In it sits a house elf. He looks at you and smiles. “Some people say fire is destructive, but it isn’t always true. To the phoenix, it is life. It also represents passion, and without passion people are alive but aren’t living; there is no life.” He seems to be repeating something memoried. “Answer this question honestly to get your next clue: why do you fear?”


a) Answer the question in order to continue.

(OOC: You may use the House Elf in your post to reply to your character if you wish. They can have a deep conversation if you want them to.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Cade trudged through the forest as he watched it get more black around him, and wondered what could be in the forest for him. Then again it made sense to some sort to have something hidden in it, it only seemed smart. Which led to the boy to walk further into the forest, and with that he looked around the forest. A clearing could be seen up ahead which made him smile a little bit.

As the boy continued to walk towards the light, and as it became clearer. The boy saw a hut which made him smirk a little bit, and with that he smile. He walk towards the hut as he began to wonder what could be in there. Maybe it was treasure or something, as the boy came towards the opening, he entered.

He saw a chair which sat a house elf, and he sighed. Was this weird creature supposed to know anything about a treasure. The hufflepuff shook his head as he walked over to the house elf, and he knew that he would end up carrying a conversation. Cade came face to face with the house elf as he looked at it.

The elf began to tell him about fire, " Yeah and also causes muggle disasters. Whether it be burning cities or meteor showers. The only good thing it does is make you warm, and how does a phoenix have anything to do with this stupid treasure hunt anyway? " asked the boy annoyed.

Then he was faced with the question what did he fear. " I will tell you what I fear, and that is dying on this stupid treasure hunt. I actually value my life. " said Cade annoyed. The house elf looked at him, as it left Cade to wonder what the elf had to say next. It made him laugh listening to the elf.

" Very well, but the afterlife is not always a bad thing. " said the house elf. Cade rolled his eyes what would the elf possibly know about the afterlife. Did they an after life for elves, the boy had been unsure, but he just looked. " Can you just give the stupid clue? " asked the boy impatiently.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:30 pm

19C
The House Elf listens intently to your answer without interrupting. When you’re done, he stares at you for a few moments, frowning deeply. Eventually, he says, “That was not correct.” He pauses and shakes his head at you, appearing to be disappointed. “The question is why do you fear not what do you fear.”

You realise that you have misheard the question, either because you did not pay enough attention to the House Elf or because you had assumed that it would be the usual question. But it was different than most people would have asked, being why instead of what. Whichever reason you didn’t answer the question, the House Elf is definitely not going to be giving you the next clue -- not until you answer the current one. The House, Elf looks at you expectantly, once more. “So, why do you fear?”


a) Answer the question in order to continue.

(OOC: You may use the House Elf in your post to reply to your character if you wish. They can have a deep conversation if you want them to.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer   

Back to top Go down
 
Treasure Hunt - Cade Sawyer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» A little treasure hunt [Completed Task]
» Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)
» Callum Hunt
» [Event] Treasure island?
» A Hunt Begins-Destination looming-Fate sealed-

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Eight-
Jump to: