Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Letters Home [Open!] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Letters Home [Open!] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Letters Home [Open!] Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Letters Home [Open!] Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Letters Home [Open!] Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Letters Home [Open!]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Letters Home [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Letters Home [Open!]   Letters Home [Open!] EmptyMon May 01, 2017 5:06 am

Kylian sat on a low tree branch, legs swinging beneath him. Open in his lap was a notebook, in which he was doing two things simultaneously. On one page, he was penning a letter home to his mother; on the other, he was doodling, flowers and leaves and arrows, anything and everything his mind was conjuring. He'd always enjoyed these simple sketches, but never took it seriously. Some people had told him if he put serious effort into his, he would be able to make it his job -- an animator or some crap like that -- but his response was always a grin and a "I'd much rather suck on a dirty sock."

The best way to ruin a hobby, Kylian knew, was to make it your job.

So far, Hogwarts was interesting. There'd been talk about at treasure hunt, something Kylian was still on the fence about joining; it was a solo thing, and the whole reason he would have participated would've been to make new friends. Still, it would give him something to talk about with people, but the idea of something like that did not hold his interest for long. He'd decide a bit later on.

For now, he was still settling into routine, figuring out classes and navigating the castle. It was huge, but that was the excitement of it all -- so many corridors to explore, so many secret passages to find, so many places to venture to after hours... But first, he'd need friends to do it with.

"Avec le temps, mon garçon. En temps voulu," he murmured to himself. It was what his father had told him in a letter. "In time, my dear boy. In due time," he repeated, trying the words in English. It sounded better in French.

Turning his attention back to the letter, he put the pen -- pen, because he preferred those to quills -- to paper and added, "Dad's invited me 'home' for the next holidays. Can we have something on so I only need to be there for a few days? Blaze is right at the age where she's a pain in the ass, and if I spend more than 3 days at his, I think you'll have to arrest me for murder. (You'd let me off easy, right?)"

He added a quick doodle of a monkey and then signed his name, then looked at the doodle page, wondering what else he could add to it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters Home [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [Open!]   Letters Home [Open!] EmptyMon May 01, 2017 11:53 am

Max's summer had been dull, but now that he was back at Hogwarts, he'd taken to the Forest. The forest was a good refuge, truth be told, but he had to go careful now that he was a Prefect not to give off a 'bad' image. The Forest was not something Max was going to give up for anyone though, so he'd spent most of the day in there with the Bowtruckles. Many people might think him weird, but Max didn't care, all he cared about was the animals well being, and his friends - which included Primrose.

Having finished talking to the Bowtruckles - which had been an in depth conversation to say the least - Max had decided it was probably a good idea to head back indoors. However, Buckle had insisted that they stop off by the lake to get some water. How, you might ask, did Max know? It was in the body language of the small beings, who could be quite talkative if you could work out how to understand them. Not to mention they were good listeners, too.

Moving round the lake, Max had moved to the edge before setting Buckle down.
In the moment, Max caught sight of someone sat nearby and turned a little to see who it might be. Finding another one of the Gryffindors, Max smiled at the boy. He was new - Max knew because he had actually managed to concentrate on that part of the sorting. Where the boy had come from, though, Max wasn't entirely sure.

Hearing a small squeak from Buckle, Max turned his attention back to the Bowtruckle, lifting him up and setting him back in his shirt's pocket. The small beast curled up inside, going quiet as Max moved to the other Gryffindor. "Hey, I'm Maximillian - well, everyone calls me Max, really, but I don't mind if you want to call me Maximillian. You're sat out here alone? Or are you waiting for someone?" He asked, not meaning to be rude in any manner, but, simply curious.
Back to top Go down

Letters Home [Open!]
Page 1 of 1