Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Rehab Part 2 (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  Empty
PostSubject: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:01 am

A week after Jake had gone Lucy had tried , really tried and tried really really hard to keep food down. It wasn't easy, she wasn't easily able to do it. However fruit cups managed to stay down for the most part.

Showered, Shaved and ready to greet Jake, Lucy was in her room putting her hair up. She had a tee shirt on, and a pair of shorts. She was trying to figure out a way to have her hair how she wanted and ended up having it in a medium height ponytail so it covered what she needed without having it ALL on her neck.

Her hair finally decided on she walked out to the main area, sitting and watched one of the Tv's that were in the room. She'd had her sessions for the week and had made a small progress in talking with her psychiatrist, she wasn't sure what it was but she had said something he liked.

Being allowed to have some small privacy she had been given her phone back so she could talk to her mother, it still had to be handed in at night but she was allowed to have it during talking hours.

Having heard her mothers voice had been good, she hadn't allowed her mum to come see her. It wasn't safe, her mum didn't need to see her in a lesser state. Hearing her however she could at least talk to her mother, be a little more normal in this crazy hectic place. She watched the screen, hopefully Jake was on time.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptySun May 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Things had, more than a little bit, gone wrong at home for Jake. Veronika had left. Perhaps it was the pressure of Jake wanting another child, perhaps she'd simply decided that she could no longer be with him. Perhaps it was the chaos that came with children. Jake... didn't know. He simply knew that she was not coming back, and he had two small children to deal with.

Victoria had been a godsend, of course, helping out in and around work wherever she could. His parents had been more than willing to babysit whilst he worked - and had made the move over to England in a heartbeat, taking up one of the many rooms in the Newbury house.

It had not been an easy adjustment, nor was it made any easier by Ivan asking when Mummy would be home, but Jake was coping. Resilient to the change, accepting. He didn't understand, but he accepted the decision.

But, even with a hell hole of a life at the moment, Jake had not given up on the appointment he'd made with Lucy. After leaving Ivan and Adrienne with his parents for the afternoon, Jake had apparated nearby to the rehab centre and hurried down the street and in to the building. After signing in, as usual, Jake followed the receptionist's information and found Lucy in the T.V. room.

"Hey Luce, you ready?" Jake asked, pushing a smile on to his features so that the witch wouldn't know about his home life. That was not why he was here, and Lucy could not know. It was about her, not him.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptyTue May 30, 2017 3:03 am

Hearing the familiar voice Lucy turned, spotting Jake. "Hey." came the soft voice of hers in return. She was more then ready to go and got her small bag. She wasn't allowed her wand or phone, but she knew she wouldn't need them with Jake. Hopping off the couch she stood. Something about Jake was off. That much she could tell but she wasn't going to question. Not today, not when she wanted if even for a moment to be out of this place.

Signature smile returning to her features she was next to him, "Where are we going?" She asked, the facility here sure as hell didn't have a training room. They had the great big hall, but not a training room that would be useable.

Hair still perfectly where she wanted it, Lucy waited for Jake to lead the way. It would be good to see where they were going, and it would be good to spend time with an old friend. Especially Jake, she still felt horrid for the words she had said to him and in her mind she'd never be able to make up for what she'd said.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptyTue May 30, 2017 8:43 pm

"We're going to the nearby park. They have a good jungle gym - don't judge that until we're finished, it's good for fitness." Jake told Lucy when she asked where they were going today. "I think you'll enjoy it, I know that I find it useful." He added, trying to make sure that Lucy was ready for today.

"If you're ready?" He added, giving her something of a quirky smile before turning on his heel and motioning for her to follow him out. The park was quite new, with some cool outside equipment. Add to that the usual monkey bars, and other agility training bits that you put kids on to keep them quiet for a while, Jake was quite sure they were going to have lots to work with today.

Once they were outside, Jake offered Lucy his hand, and apparated them to the park, a short way out of site. "You wanna go for a run first? Get the blood pumping?" Jake asked her, not wanting to push her too hard. "You ate this morning, right?" He added, taking off his backpack and reaching in to it. Pulling out a couple of sachets, Jake motioned to her. "If you feel weak, at any point, let me know. I've got these to help you through, and I've got plenty of fluids to keep you hydrated too." He added, taking off his jacket and stuffing it in the bag to leave himself in his shorts and t-shirt.

He'd do all of it with her, mostly to keep his own exercise up and make use of the time, but also so that Lucy could set her mind right. Have someone there supporting her constantly.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptyWed May 31, 2017 11:11 am

"Why would I judge a fitness gym?" She asked, before going with him. It wasn't too far away which was a bonus.
Looking around, Lucy smiled. "I used to come to places like this when I was a kid." She teased, "But I hear these outdoor gyms are getting pretty popular . Calisthenics or something right?"

At the question of food she sighed, "Yeah I'm ready to do a run. I ate as much as I could" A jelly cup and a piece of fruit. Progress was progress. No matter how slow.

Looking at the food looking packets? She nodded "I'll let you know. I really don't feel like fainting or passing out don't worry." She had been sporty when she was younger, he knew that. It was actually good to see he was going to go along with the whole thing with her. "I'm okay for that."

Many girls had had crushes on Jake when they were younger. "Guess your lucky you're tied down to Veronika. I know many girls that would love to snap up your body you know that right?" She smirked, taking her jacket off. Her tee was simple but loose enough for A no unwanted sweat patches and B enough movement without her shirt riding up or anything like that.

Her legs, while pale were covered in mostly thigh pieces. She looked up at the sunlight, taking a moment to enjoy it. "Just lemme get sunscreen on." She was very careful of looking after her tattoos. They were something she was mostly proud of. Minus a few new scars that would need to be covered up. Once all screened up she looked at him "Alright ready. Hit me"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 8:30 pm

"Because Ivan judges it to just be a big playground." Jake told Lucy as she questioned his words. Ivan, of course, was only young and didn't fully understand, but Jake was very much in the parent mindset nowadays and didn't always remember who he was talking to.

"Yeah, more people are getting in to this sort of thing. For whatever reason." Jake agreed with her, not really knowing what the posh word for it was, so he didn't try to sound too educated on the subject.

"Good, I'm glad. We'll build on that. The more you exercise, as you know, the more food you'll need to keep down." Jake told her, though he knew she would know that. "I want you to start weighing yourself, you don't need to tell me how much you weigh 'cause I know girls don't like to talk about it. But, just keep an eye on your weight." Jake proposed, because if she started to lose too much weight they would have to stop.

The comment on Veronika brought a small grimace to Jake's features, but he didn't tell Lucy what had been going on. Knowing it would only make her feel guilty for having him here. Honestly, this was a time for Jake to release a little, too, so he didn't want to lose that. "I'm sure you're exaggerating." Jake said with a small smile after a moment.

As Lucy made the comment about sunscreen. In December. Jake raised an eyebrow. It was just above freezing. But, with tattoos... well, Jake guessed it would have something to do with those and left her to it for a few moments.

When she was finished, Jake gave her a small smile. "How does a lap of the field sound? Together?" Jake asked, because cardio was going to be just as important as anything else they did, and they were going to have to start small.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 5:26 am

"The only difference between him thinking a playground and me thinking it's a playground is that I know a couple of names for muscles that I'm working out." She smiled, Ivan was right in a kiddies way. An adults way just meant she knew she was doing fitness and not just having fun while doing it.

Lucy listened and sighed a little, "I know. I'll keep an eye on it and try to keep more food down. " It would be hard but she knew her body would suffer way more if she didn't eat and nourish her body properly. Hopefully though the workouts bought on an appetite.

The grimace hadn't gone unnoticed, Lucy however didn't want to push it. Instead she looked at Jake, "Oh I'm sure I'm not. I could tell you pretty much every girl in the school that had a crush on you." She smirked but left him alone after that.

One could never be too careful with tattoos and she looked at Jake "Any exposure is not good exposure without sunscreen . I know it's cold as shit but sunlight is still sunlight." She told him, before nodding at the idea of a lap. "Yeah sure I'm down for a lap." Lucy agreed. "Careful though, I might still be able to beat you."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 7:30 pm

Jake let out a small chuckle at the differences between Lucy and Ivan. "I wouldn't be so sure." He muse, though he was only teasing Lucy, Jake hadn't yet managed to teach Ivan the names of the muscles, Ivan was more interested in trying to copy Jake in a press up, or disrupt a sit up than know what Jake was tryng to achieve in a work out.

"A crush." Jake echoed, putting emphasis on the second word, a crush was a childish notion. Short lived, and not something he saw as holding much merit. Of course, this was possibly a little harsh, but Jake's current emotional state... well, it probably didn't include silly crushes being important in that moment.

"Only when I go easy on you, kiddo." Jake teased, before motioning her to follow him as he set off at a jog. "Remember to keep your breathing even, and take in good deep breaths through your nose, and exhale through your mouth." He told her, knowing this was the best way to regulate your breathing and heart rate.

"And, of course, let me know if we're going too fast."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 1:24 pm

"Many girls had fantasies about you." She corrected "Many still do." She of course thought he was attractive but also knew he was happily married plus she wouldn't ever jeopardise a friendship.

"Probably true right now I haven't exercised much. Not like when I was at Hogwarts." She conceded, "Jake I know how to run I haven't forgotten." Lucy gently reminded him, yeah she was a bit damaged at the moment but she wasn't entirely broken. Fitness stayed the same no matter what it was.

Beginning to jog she let Jake lead the way mostly, turning when and where he did otherwise she just gradually increased pace as her body warmed up. She wasn't as fast as she had used to be, it was still the same though just a little slower. Plus she had less muscle mass. It wasn't easy to keep up with someone who had pure muscle and no body fat.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 7:49 pm

The comments about girls having fantasies made Jake let out a soft laugh of amusement. Perhaps they did, perhaps they didn't, Jake was hardly in a position to act on any of his former pupils' fantasies. And, of course, it was just a thing that he would never entertain to begin with.

Jake gave a look that said 'sorry' when Lucy admonished him for knowing how to run. He hadn't meant to be condescending to the witch, he was just talking for the fun of talking. "Sorry." He replied to her, meaning it fully, too.

The jog was slower than Jake normally ran -- not that he was a fast runner, but he had a good pace -- but today was not about his fitness. No, they kept to Lucy's limits around the park, completing the lap in about five minutes which was a good enough time for the first part of the warm up. As they reached the start, Jake slowed Lucy off.

"Okay, stretch yourself off, and we'll do another lap before we get in to anything strenuous, I want to make sure you're really warm, otherwise we're going to pull something." Jake told her, starting his own stretches so that Lucy wouldn't be alone. But, also to make sure he didn't pull anything, too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 2 (Jake)    Rehab Part 2 (Jake)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rehab Part 2 (Jake)
Page 1 of 1