Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) Empty
PostSubject: The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)   The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:01 pm

It had been a few days since that very odd encounter with Alexander in the Great Hall and since then, Chara had relived that moment over and over, trying to figure things out. It soon became clear to her that the reason he had come over was because of the letter she had received from Colby, but that just led to more confusion until she wasn't even sure of that any more. Because if it had been the letter, that would have meant he was either curious, or jealous. And certainly it wasn't the latter, so that meant he had been curious - but about what? And why? Too many uncertainties, too many questions, and too many answers that would never come - and so she just tried to forget.

Not forget what happened, mind you, but forget the questions. She was not very good at it, however, and somehow it always worked it's way to her consciousness. Still, she wasn't even sure if she wanted the answers.

It was a Friday evening that she got an owl. Curious as to whom it could be from, she opened it only to find an invitation from the very Slytherin that had been occupying her thoughts for the past couple of days to join him for the Hogsmeade weekend. Writing back at once to tell him that she would indeed like that, she spent the rest of the night worrying, because it was never certain what Alexander had planned - if anything.

The next morning, Chara was up early, still uncertain of so many things. "Just try to enjoy yourself. Don't over think anything," she muttered to herself as she got ready, wishing it could be as easy as just thinking it. Of course she knew it wouldn't be like that, but Merlin help her, she was going to try. Leaving the common room behind, she headed straight for the Entrance Hall, where Alexander had specified to meet. She was a good 10 minutes early, so she merely stood and waited for him to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)   The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:32 am

The day in the Great Hall had left Alexander with a few questions. Whilst he believed Chara's words of the letter being purely innocent he still wondered if there had ever been a thing. However, even for Alexander asking such questions was improper, and the more he thought about it, the less likely he found it. Chara was always so honest, he simply couldn't imagine her lying to him.

And so, he's put the whole thing to rest with the assumption he knew everything he needed to.

After checking with his parents, Alexander had written to Chara asking her to join him in Hogsmeade. His parents had said it was quite alright for them to do so, so long as Alexander didn't take the witch anywhere they couldn't be seen by others. But, if they wandered off of the path, his mother had insisted on sending a chaperon. They would be followed as soon as they left the grounds, from a distance, and their actions would be kept an eye on.

Not their conversation though, his parents trusted him on that much, it seemed.

The reply had come quite soon after he'd sent the invitation, and Alexander couldn't help the small smile that had touched his lips. It wasn't a date, Merlin knew their kind of people didn't date, but it was now a very nice way to get to know each other a little bit more.

At the agreed meeting time, Alexander had made his way to the Entrance Hall, smiling warmly at Chara as he cross the room. "Good morning, Miss Fletcher." The Slytherin greeted. "Shall we?" He added, offering her his arm as was proper.

As they began to walk, Alexander thought for a moment, before explaining most of what he'd planned. "I thought we could just peruse Hogsmeade, I don't really need anything, but it's something to do, and then I... I booked us a table at the Three Broomsticks so we can have dinner. So, if there is anything you want to do, please let me know." Alexander explained with a small smile in the witch's direction.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)   The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:06 pm

If she were an open book, she would have admitted that she was somehow nervous about the whole thing. Why, she couldn't say, because she honestly didn't know. Perhaps it was because it would mean spending almost an entire day with the man, and with him around, she never knew what to expect. Or maybe it was due to the fact that the Slytherin from her year quite literally held her future in his hands, and that unsettled her.

She knew that she would never be able to have a say, and she didn't expect it either. But some part of her couldn't help but hope that the person who picked her would be nice, and would, at the very least, care. Chara wasn't stupid - she wasn't asking for love - but having a husband who, in his own way, cared about who she was as a person and not just put on a show for the public was something she wanted.

If Alexander would offer this, she didn't know, but so far, he seemed - in a word - nice. Oh, she had definitely heard horror tales of husbands and things that happened on the down low, but she didn't hear them - she had to pretend she didn't, because they weren't something a woman (or girl) of her position should be listening to. But the damage had been done and there was that fear at the back of her mind, which only made things worse for her.

Glancing down at her watch, she noted the time, and turned to see Alexander walking towards her, spot on. Returning the smile, she nodded at him. "Good morning to you as well, Alexander," she replied, slipping her arm into his as taught. Then, because it definitely irked her, she softly added, "You may call me Chara, if you wish to." She had to phrase it that way, although she wished nothing more than to tell him to call her using her first name. Her tutors called her 'Miss Fletcher' and it just sounded so odd coming from someone only a year older.

Letting him lead her, she followed beside him, smiling as the sun lit their way. Tilting her head a little to look at him as he spoke, she nodded along. "That sounds like a fantastic plan," she commented, pausing then to think. Was there anything she needed? Need? No, but want, yes, she voiced internally. Returning the smile he sent her, she waited a couple more seconds so that it would seem she had to actually think for a while before saying, "Perhaps we could venture into Honeyduke's? I have not been in a long while, and I've been hearing that they have recently restocked the place."

A few moments later, she added, "Is there any place that you would want to visit?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)   The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Falling in to step with the witch had been easy, both of them had learned over the years how to present themselves. How to walk with men, how to walk with ladies, how to conduct yourself with this person, that person, and the dog. Everything was down to a tea. So with Chara, Alexander shortened his steps so as to make it a more leisurely pace. You didn't, after all, ever rush a lady in anything she might be doing.

Delicate, ladies had always been described as delicate beings to Alexander, and thus you had to treat them like they could break without a moment's notice. How true that might have been, Alexander didn't know. But he would never like to evoke his tutors wrath because he'd been stupid enough to try and find out.

"You may call me Chara, if you wish to."

Alexander took those words on with a small nod of his head in her direction to show he'd taken her words on board. In all honesty, he didn't know why he'd taken to calling her Miss Fletcher, perhaps it was a small amount of nerves compensate by speaking to her more formerly, but if the witch wanted to be called Chara, he would do that. "I will try to remember that." Alexander insisted with a small smile.

Her words on his plan being fantastic made the boy smile slightly to himself. Of course, whether she truly meant that, or whether they were words aimed to please, he couldn't be sure, but he took it to be a compliment either way.

The choice of going to the sweet shop made Alexander smile a little as they moved through the gates of the school with a small nod to the caretaker taking names. They didn't need to give theirs, their name ran leagues before them to announce who they were. "Of course we can stop there." Alexander responded to her question. "Was there something specific you wanted, or just to browse? Do you have a favourite sweet?" He asked, though for once his questions were not laced with hidden meaning, just small genuine questions of the witch's likes and dislikes for his own knowledge.

"Me? No, I don't need to go anywhere. I had a parcel from home not two days ago refilling everything I'd needed." He explained.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)   The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:35 pm

With a small smile in his direction, she kept pace, a slow but steady walk as she was taught. Men would follow her lead in these situations, but she was never to rush or quicken her steps. She was to remain ladylike and petite in all she did, as was expected, even though she knew she could very easily brisk walk without breaking into a sweat. It was just something she had to do, was trained to do, and knew no better than to do. It was funny how walking for most people was a basic thing, but Chara had at least a couple of weeks worth of lessons on how to walk properly. Heck, she even learnt how to walk in emergencies so as to be quick but not lose her femininity. And the best part was that the witch saw absolutely nothing odd about it.

"Thank you," she replied, tone soft but genuine in that moment. "Is there anything you would like me to address you as, specifically?" she added, because it was only right since she had given him one to use.

This was their first time actually spending more than a few minutes together, and she couldn't help but wonder at this questions. The last few times he had asked her something, there had been hidden meanings, deeper things that he wanted to get at. But what could be his agenda behind her favourite sweet? She couldn't figure it out, although she was fairly certain there was one - or maybe she was overthinking it again. Either way, she merely smiled, letting her insides do the worrying. "A little of both," she said, answering the first question, well, first. "There are a few items I have in mind, but I do also wish to look around."

"I particularly enjoy dark chocolate frogs. What about you?" she added, then nodded at his words.

This was also true for her; once a fortnight she would get the essentials from home - soap, shampoo, conditioner, makeup, and the likes. They did not like her using things from cheap shops, and everything she used was either pricey or tailor made or both, such as the lotion, which was made specifically for her skin. But there were things nobody got her. And that included sweets. Dare she tell Alexander this? That she was purchasing a things that she would not normally get at home?

No, I don't think I can trust him enough yet, she decided, but then because she didn't want him to think that her family was so common as to make her buy her products, thought carefully before commenting, in a light tone, "I get most of my items by owl. They didn't include sweets this round." Or any other round, for that matter, she continued mentally.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)   The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 1:00 pm

The thanks in response to his comment on trying to remember made Alexander just nod once in acknowledgement. He did see the point in saying she was welcome, because he would like forget from time to time and then she would correct him again. He preferred Miss Fletcher, in honesty, but he supposed that it was not his choice (yet) as to what she should be called. "Alexander is fine." The Slytherin responded to the witch with a small smile. "My mother gets rather displeased if she hears anyone other than herself shortening my name. She says, though I don't believe her, that it is her personal term of endearment, and therefore I should keep it only for her."

Now... why had he just said that out loud? Alexander frowned to himself, before deciding not to think too much of it.

When the witch explained that she would like to collect a few things and browse, Alexander smiled. "That's fine with me." He told the witch, because he really hadn't taken in the options that were on offer for a very long time, and he really probably should do that.

Chara's favourite sweets from the shop was a little surprising. Dark chocolate was something he'd only ever known adults to enjoy. The surprise did show a little, he personally disliked all chocolate that wasn't of the white variety. "I don't like dark chocolate." Alexander replied, though it was just a passing comment, not a judgement of the witch beside him for liking such things, nor hostile in any manner.

"If I were to have chocolate, then I only eat white chocolate. The cocoa is less in that, and more to my taste." He explained, though that wasn't his favourite. "I much prefer the strawberry exploding bonbons that Honeydukes do." Alexander provided, the small explosions were always unexpected, but the flavours were so good, he couldn't think of a better sweet.

Alexander didn't think anything more of the comment on the parcel from home, after all, parents always forgot things. Or, perhaps servants might be a better way of looking at it, actually.

As they turned in to the street, Alexander led the witch towards the shop, and held the door open for her to go in first once they'd arrived. "We can make sure you have enough to last until your next delivery." Alexander commented as they entered, though he didn't have much of a notion of just how much candy that might be. They could, at least, get it sent back to the castle, what with both of their most prestigious names, the shopkeeper would be a fool to say no to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)   The Burden of Communication (Chalexander) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Burden of Communication (Chalexander)
Page 1 of 1