Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Greenhouse is My Home (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) Empty
PostSubject: The Greenhouse is My Home (Open)   The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:19 pm

With the warmer weather -- if you could ever call it 'warmer' in March was starting to set in, which meant that Caspar could start the planting up of the containers outside of his greenhouse. It would, in Caspar's mind, make it feel more homely, if only to himself.

Not to mention, his Venomous Tentacula was having a teenage tantrum, and he did not fancy being present whilst the plant was in the mindset of trying to crush things in it's clutches.

Today, he was working with the plants that had been artificially grown from his lesson earlier in the week, repotting them in the containers to give them more space. "Here we go..." Caspar said to the plant in his hands, putting it down carefully in a bed of dragon dung and then patting in some normal soil around its roots, making sure it was secure. "You'll like it out here, much less stuffy than the greenhouse. Yes, it is." He cooed, as if the plants could hear him, understand him.

Turning to collect the next plant, Caspar continued in the same manner, pushing the plants in to place and making sure they were all safely placed. It was going to take him much of the day to complete the revamp of the containers, but he knew it was going to be worth it in the end.

Attention set on his work, Caspar was oblivious to anyone else nearby.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse is My Home (Open)   The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:32 pm

A week had come and gone quickly, and while Luca had met some of his fellow Professors in passing, he'd thrown himself into his work, seeing so much that needed to be done. He'd run into Blake early on -- the male had made it a point to seek him out -- and after discovering he was Deaf, the other male had asked for some ASL lessons. He'd met Elleon, the reason Blake wanted to learn, and he'd also met Amber; all in all, he found himself really enjoying the entire atmosphere in Hogwarts.

It was his first off day, but it didn't feel right to take one, not when he'd just started. This was the reason he found himself wandering around the school grounds instead of going to Hogsmeade, looking for something to do.

He was just passing the greenhouses when he noticed movement. Pausing, curious, he watched someone -- a professor, he assumed -- carrying plants out of the greenhouse. From his angle, he couldn't make out the face of the person, but he was already intrigued.

Plants had never really been something Luca knew well (he'd never needed this sort of information in his life), except what flowers his mother and sister liked. Having nothing better to do, and wanting to make friends, Luca stepped forward, towards the male.

Already slipping out his phone, he typed a quick message into the app as he walked. Hoping he didn't startle the male before him, Luca gently tapped him on the shoulder, waited for him to turn, smiled, and then pressed the 'play' button on his phone, allowing it to speak for him. "Hello. I'm Luca, the new groundskeeper. I'm Deaf, so I won't be able to hear you talk. I can read lips, but if it's easier for you, you can use this app. Just type what you want to say and press play. Did you need help with your plants?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse is My Home (Open)   The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 9:31 pm

"That's it, you make yourself comfortable..." Caspar cooed to the plant with a smile on his lips. He'd just finished repotting the first tray he'd brought out of the greenhouse. Reaching up to brush his forehead on the back of his hand, Caspar felt something touch his shoulder and jumped out of his skin.

Landing on his backside with a soft 'oof', Caspar looked up to see a male face. But, not a face he recognised. The Herbology professor was about to reach for his wand when a robotic met his ears, explaining the situation to him and making him relax a little. A smile spread across Caspar's lips as he looked up at the other male, and he held out his hand, hoping the man, Luca, would understand he wanted a hand up.

Once he'd righted himself, Caspar took the phone from the other male and quickly typed in the message he had in response.

You nearly gave me a heart attack! Though, I can't really blame you, I was invested in my plants. I'm Caspar, Herbology professor (obviously). You're probably lucky you can't hear my voice, Irish accent drives many people up the tree -- or so I've been told.

I'm repotting my plants, a hand would be nice, but I'm particular. They're my babies, so to speak.

With that, the Irishman held the phone back to Luca with a nervous smile. Oh, he was aware that many people thought him weird. He didn't care, as his Ma always said, there was nothing wrong with being different, so long as you're happy in yourself.

Realising he had gotten dirt across Luca's phone, Caspar quickly pulled out a rag from his back pocket. It wasn't much cleaner, in truth, but it could be used to wipe away any mess he'd caused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greenhouse is My Home (Open)   The Greenhouse is My Home (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Greenhouse is My Home (Open)
Page 1 of 1