Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
First Year Follies (Open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
First Year Follies (Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
First Year Follies (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
First Year Follies (Open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
First Year Follies (Open) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

First Year Follies (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

First Year Follies (Open) Empty
PostSubject: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 4:07 am

Sucking on a sugar quill lollipop, Jasmine made her way down the corridor towards the Fat Lady....at least...she thought that was where she was going. She stood up straight, chin up and tried to keep a calm, collected solidarity on her face as she walked on. Her eyes deceived her face, darting down each branching corridor as she passed, hoping to recognize someone or something that would help her find the entrance to the Gryffindor Tower. Jasmine sucked the lollipop harder making a loud suction smacking noise that echoed down the empty corridor.

As Jasmine's eye flicked down the next passing corridor, she recognized the divination corridor and felt a wave of relief wash over her body. Now she knew where she was going. She smiled against the hard candy that had made a home against the inside of her lips. She picked up her pace just slightly, adding a bit of a cheery bob in her step as she continued on the rest of the way.

Her mind trailed aimlessly to her friends back home. This year had been a crazy one, finding out she was a witch....a witch! Her mother was so proud of her. Coming from a muggle family and having no knowledge of witchcraft of any kind left Jasmine in awe every moment she spent inside the castle. Her favorite class so far was Charms. Seeing feathers floating about the room, lighting up the tip of her wand with Lumos (although she'd been having a bit of trouble with that one....Her light was always much dimmer than everyone else) it was just like a fairy-tale come true, and she was the princess.

Finally reaching the Fat Lady, Jasmine announced the password "Bubotuber!" but the Fat Lady stared blankly back at her, not even acknowledging her presence. "Oh...." She murmured quietly, realizing that was last weeks password. Dang. What was the new password? Biting her lip, Jasmine looked over her shoulder, just as the Fat Lady roared "Password?".  Jasmine flinched at her load voice as it bounced down the hall.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Max had, as usual, been out in the grounds with his small menagerie of animals. Caring for a recent finding of his, a Knarl who'd been caught out by another animal in the woods -- perhaps a cat, perhaps something else -- and had been left with a wounded front left paw. It had taken Max some time to manage to get the animal to trust him, but now, Max was inseparable to the cute little fellow.

Heading back up to the common room with Sonic -- yes, Max liked to name his animals, and the first name that had come to him was that of a cartoon character -- Max was rubbing the hedgehog-like beasts head with his thumb. Technically speaking, he wasn't allowed creatures in the castle, but his dorm mates, and almost all of the inhabitants of Gryffindor Tower, knew that trying to keep Max from his animals was an impossibility.

As Max rounded the staircase to see a younger student before him, he stuffed Sonic inside his jacket, cuddling the little fuzzball to his chest and approached her just in time to hear the Fat Lady ask for the password.

"Ah, you got caught out of luck too? Happened to me all the time before!" Max told the girl with a warm smile. "It's Dungbombs!" Max added, and the Fat Lady gave a stuffy sigh at Max, before allowing the portrait to swing open.

"After you!" Max insisted, waiting for the younger witch to head on in to the Common Room.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 4:53 am

Jasmine clinked the lollipop against her lips as she pulled it from her mouth. Her eyes followed the sound of footsteps as they approached and she saw an older boy come up the corridor towards her. It was the boy with the animal fetish, what was his name? Mark? Matthew? Jack? Something like that.

She noticed him attempting to conceal something (a living something, no doubt) and briefly considered ignoring it but she just couldn't keep her mouth shut. "What's that?" she blurted out rudely and gestured towards his bulging jacket with the bright green misshapen quill shaped lollipop. The fat lady swung open and Jasmine gave the boy a polite nod as she stepped into the common room. In the corner were a couple of gossiping girls, leaning over the table with their faces inches apart. They didn't even look up when Jasmine entered the room.

The brilliant shades of red clashed against Jasmines Irish red locks and she knew it. She instantly felt very self conscious and tucked her hair behind her ear. "No really," she started again "what fun fellow did you bring home today? I've seen you with others before." Jasmine let the Irish accent thicken a little as she spoke. She liked to be the center of attention and if anything stood out about her it was the Irish roots.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 8:01 am

The question that was put to him about what was in his jacket was one that Max didn't answer the first time. He didn't need to tell a First Year about it, after all, it wasn't setting a very good example to the younger witch. Max was quite thankful for the interruption of the Fat Lady swinging open that came only a moment later.

The younger witch scrambled through the portrait hole, and Max followed carefully a few moments later, making sure he didn't hurt Sonic in the process.

However, once Max had straightened back up in the Common Room, the first year seemed to not want to give up on the subject. With a small smile, Max brought the small Knarl from inside of his jacket, and cupped the little critter in his hands for the witch to see. "He's called Sonic, he's a Knarl." Max explained to the witch, before motioning to the bandaged front paw of the beast. "He seems to have been attacked, so I'm looking after him until he's better, then I'll let him back in to the woods, to roam free."

That was true, Max didn't like to keep pets of wild animals -- apart from Buckle, but Buckle had made the choice, not him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Jasmine jumped back from the little creature. It’s beady eyes seemed to glare at Jasmine and she was a little afraid it might jump at her and attack. When the older boy started explaining about the injury and showed his paw, Jasmine eased up a little bit. Certainly with a bad paw it wouldn’t be able to jump at her properly….right?

“That’s ...erm….Great of you.” She wasn’t sure how she should react. She certainly hoped her wasn’t going to ask her to touch it. Merlin knows there that creature had been before the boy found it!. “So….how long until he’s better?”  She got up the courage to poke her head a little closer, examining the little beast that was resting peacefully in his hands.

Jasmine tried to rake her brain for the boy’s name...she’d seen him before but couldn’t put her finger on where. She noticed the prefect badge on his robes and silently scolded herself for not knowing his name. He was a prefect for goodness sake! She frowned slightly at a thought that crept up in her mind. If he was a prefect, why was he being so careless to break the school rules? Surely they weren’t allowed to trot random creatures up into the common rooms! She imagined briefly the reactions on everyone’s face if she had trotted a Unicorn into the great hall during supper time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Seeing the girl flinch away from Sonic, Max cupped the Knarl in a manner that kept him secure and brought him back close to his chest. Animals were sensitive to how people felt on the whole, and he didn't want Sonic getting panicky. Knarls, after all, were known for how they terrorised places when they felt threatened -- though, normally that was in respect of food.

Max, however, wasn't going to risk it.

"That depends if I can get him settled, truthfully. But, maybe a couple of days... maybe up to a week." Max told the witch as she asked him about the length of the Knarl's stay. "The most fun will come from trying to keep him from terrorising my room because he thinks I'm trying to trap him with food." The prefect admitted with a soft laugh, but it was Max, Max had dealt with an Ashwinder burning through his bed sheets, he was sure he could fix the mess of a Knarl.

"Would you like to pet him?" Max asked, seeing the witch looking at Sonic curiously. "He won't hurt you, I promise. Well, unless you brush his spikes the wrong way, then he gets a little disgruntled, as anyone would." Max explained with a fond smile.

"What's your name, by the way? I'm Maximillian. But, most people call me Max, because it's easier." Max added, realising they'd gone on long enough now without introducing themselves.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 4:44 am

"You're going to keep it in your room?" Jasmine wondered, astonished. "What about the other students? I think I'd be pretty upset if I woke up to my whole wardrobe torn to scraps." The words spilled from her mouth uncontrollably but she didn't regret them. It was true, how on earth would anyone be OK with him trapping an animal up in his dorm. She silently thanked the greater beings that she was a girl and did not have to share a dorm room with Max.

When he asked her if she wanted to pet him she hesitated. Sure he said it wouldn’t hurt her but, how did she know this wasn’t some prank? She tilted her head to the side as she examined the long spikes protruding from its body. They looked soft and fluffy, not sharp. She reached a hand out shakily and gently touched the tips of her fingers to Sonic’s head. A small smile crept to her face but she pulled her hand back. “Cute.” She muttered.

She lifted her eyes to Max’s again, the smile still lingering. “I’m Jasmine, nice to meet you. I’d shake your hand but...well….Sonic is hogging it.” She cleared her throat. “So, prefect huh?” She jestured to his badge. “I thought prefects were supposed to be perfect. How come you get away with breaking the rules, hm?” She quirked an eyebrow at him but her smile stayed, a little more playful now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 pm

"Of course I am..." Max replied to the question of where he would be keeping his new pet. Why did the witch think that he wouldn't utilise his living area to accommodate his beasts? The question of things getting destroyed made Max smile a little bit, knowing quite well of the possibility, and just how much many of the boys in the dorm disliked his love of animals. "I'm quite sure Sonic isn't going to be doing something like that." Max assured her, not that it was her he had to convince, of course.

The girl's tentative move to pet Sonic was enough for Max, and Sonic looked up to the witch curiously before going back to snoozing in his hands. The Knarl was much too beat to really be curious, which was good for everyone. "Sonic is very cute." Max agreed to that statement softly, smiling softly down at the creature.

Being introduced, Max nodded, before laughing at her joke. Hogging. Knarls being almost like hedgehogs. Max liked what she'd done there, even if it hadn't been in any way intentional. "Nice to meet you, Jasmine." The boy replied before turning to the more serious question. "Perfect?" Max couldn't help but laugh again, he was one of the most furthest people from perfect in the history of perfect.

"I just don't get caught." He told the younger witch with a small, knowing wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Year Follies (Open)   First Year Follies (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

First Year Follies (Open)
Page 1 of 1