Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Bubbles (Quinn) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Bubbles (Quinn) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Bubbles (Quinn) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Bubbles (Quinn) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

» When it Rains, It Pours ((Open))
Bubbles (Quinn) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Bubbles (Quinn)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 3:42 am

The art exhibition was over but that didn't mean Grandpa's work was. Apparently he had to meet several different people and talk about his work. How much could one even talk about taking pictures, Mimosa didn't understand but grownups always made things more complicated than they had to be. The child had waited patiently for two days, occupying her time with the questions that nice witch from the museum had posed. She was sure she had formed a very good answer by now but just in case, Mimosa was going to think a little more.

Of course, no matter how determined, an almost nine year old couldn't be content with thought alone so when on the third day Kit had announced that he had even more meetings, the child had put her tiny foot down, demanding to go home to Clara if her grandfather refused to make time for her. The tantrum had resulted in Kit agreeing to bring Mimosa along to his meeting which - far from being entertaining - had bored the little witch stiff. Something about a series on British flora in the various seasons.

Still, she had insisted on accompanying him so she couldn't very well admit defeat by making a face and confessing how bored she was. Luckily, Kit had always knows what was on her mind without her having to say it out loud.

"How about we go for ice cream, afterwords?" the wizard offered with a kind smile, brightening up the child's mood considerably. At her age, few things worked better than ice cream to combat all of life's problems.

"I want two," Mimosa quickly requested, only for the photographer to shake his head.

"Alright, why don't you go ahead and pick us out a nice table and I'll meet you there in five," the man instructed, his American accent clear amid the sea of English voices all around. Pointing to the ice cream parlor around the corner, he watched her run in and find a table. Once certain she was safely inside and seated, the wizard ducked into a shop beside the Establishment, finishing some last minute dealings.

Mimosa on her part was feeling terribly important, having been given the important job of picking the right table, she made sure to pick one with a lime green umbrella over it. the small plastic table would easily seat two. Deciding this would be her spot, the small girl waited, looking all around her to gauge what kind of treat she wanted by looking at what all the other people were eating.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 9:22 pm

A wince crossed his features as he reached out and took the ice cream cone.  Transferring it quickly to his left hand, the man grabbed his cane with the right.  Leaning heavily and breathing a little harder than he would have liked he moved away from the counter having already payed.  

His blonde hair was longer now than normal, in dire need of a trim.  A little more scruffy than he liked as well, but until he landed a job opportunity he saw little reason to really do more.  He was still comfortable.....well for another month or two if his math was right.

With the cane the task of maneuvering the tables, chairs, and midgets (aka children) was harder than dodging an angry half veela after dinner and no owl the next day.  Still he was doing his best with only minor bumps.  His right side continued to throb, a place that by all accounts should have been healed by now.  Alas, he was told patience and keeping his mind off of it was the best medicine, a bunch of crock from healers who didn't know a needle from a niffler.

"Excuse me, pardon me". He would say multiple times, his mid west American accent standing out in the crowd.  Though what made him stand out even more was his lack of robes.  Instead dressed in khaki pants, a white button up shirt, with a black tie.  Call it habit, but wearing those dresses just wouldn't do until he had to.

Spying a table off to his right with a bright orange umbrella he made his way towards it.  Only one pint sized human near it, so by his estimation should be quite enough.  Just as he was about to get to it, an unlucky chair was pushed out and caught the bottom tip of his cane.  The fall was stupendous, in terms of sheer velocity one would have a harder time demonstrating being vertical to horizontal in such a smooth motion.  

A groan escaped his lips as his eyes winced feeling the pain in his side explode three fold.  Squinting, all he could see was the simple vanilla ice cream began to melt on the cobblestone, making a little river that was destined to be made of sorrow rather than sugary happiness.  Laying there while a couple people looked over, he contemplated if it was worth it to get up, or just commiserate a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 8:57 pm

The child was quite comfortably seated when a loud crash accosted her ears, making her look down from the giant pictures of various ice creams plastered above the counters. A pity, she really was ready to make up her mind on a pink strawberry concoction... Or the chocolate one with rainbow sprinkles... Or the grape lolly with green swirls. Maybe she would get all three, she hadn't had lunch yet after all, and Grandpa must feel bad for boring her so.

But the ice cream decisions were cast aside when the child's blue eyes landed on the grown up that had fallen down, her frame automatically shuddering at the imagined pain. Mimosa had fallen down plenty of times in her life so she knew it hurt lots and lots. that's why Clara kept her all wrapped up in jackets and long trousers. Maybe this man needed Clara to dress him up?

The child fully suspected more grown ups would come to help, so when no one did, she looked on in surprise. Maybe grown ups in England were strange. Leaving her table, she walked to the grown up on the floor. "Hello sir," she greeted politely, her small face torn equally in concern and hesitation. "Are you alright, do you need help getting up?" Quietly, she would extend a small arm towards the man, quite certain that she was strong enough to drag a fully grown wizard to his feet.

Sheer sorrow flashed on the child's face when her eyes landed on the fallen ice cream that must have belonged to this man, no one deserved that. "Please don't be sad," she added, patting his arm awkwardly. "My grandpa will be here in a minute and he'll buy us both ice creams. I asked for two so you can have one of mine."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 12:28 am

Watching his hopes and dreams run down the drain, aka the ice cream, Quinn felt that his time to self loath on the cobblestone was coming to a close.  As he was giving himself a mental talking to to stand up, a high pitched voice accosted his ears.  Glancing up he saw one of those half humans asking if he needed help up.  

It wasn't that he didn't like children, they were necessary and all.  However before the age of around 10 they were typically just a little much for him.  That being said, he wasn't rude.  It should also be mentioned here as a cautionary tale, he knows nothing of children.

"Sure.....". He would say reaching his good hand up.  Maneuvering to er his knees underneath and his forehead on the ground to hide his grimace he started to pull up.  However, not taking into account the child like strength.....he'd pull them both to the ground.  The resulting light in shot of pain caused a short string of curses, involving where the ice cream could have gone in another life.

The second attempt was more fruitful, though he didn't use the child this time.  Standing he would plop into one of the nearby chairs, rubbing his side, breathing heavily.  "That's......ok....I...can get......another one."  He would say speaking to her like she was an adult, mostly because he didn't know how to speak to a child.

"What if I give you the money, and you go get us both something while I sit here?  You can order solo right?"  He would ask her, pulling out his wallet.  He'd hand the little girl a wad of money, some muggle both of American and British origin, and some wizarding.  His head was swimming and he couldn't be bothered to count it.  Around 55 dollars muggle and 10 galleons wizard in total.  "Just.....get me anything."  He would rest his head back against the back of his chair, starring at the sky for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 3:24 am

As soon as the man grabbed her arm, pain shot through the child, pain that was a lot worse than accidentally missing a step going down or kicking a rock that was too big or heavy to kick. No, this pain was sharp and made the girl let out a loud cry a she came tumbling down right with he man who had lost his ice cream. The landing didn't help either, crashing the girl's small body against the hard cobblestones. There would be multiple bruises later, she knew.

Mimosa's first instinct at the jarring sensation was to cry. In fact, the girl was all set. Her ethereal blue eyes rimmed red with unshod tears and her naturally symmetrical, blemish free face crumpled up as a precursor to the howling that would soon ensue. Even her tiny lips were parted, all ready to give way to the sobs that were going to come any second.

And then the wizard started speaking. not to her, but he used some words the child recognized, and others she most certainly did not. The shock of the language alone made her mouth snap shut even as tears ran down her eyes, her body screaming in pain. Wiping at the liquid hastily, the girl looked up at him with big, surprised eyes.

How would an ice cream even go.... there?

Following his lead, Mimosa dragged herself up too, reaching for the chair to help her just like she'd seen the older wizard do. He was in a lot of pain too and if he wasn't crying, neither wold she. She was almost nine now, just as good as a grown up after all.

The other clientele of the small parlor had finally taken notice when a child was involved, but upon seeing her get back up to her feet and join the older wizard, they returned to their ice creams and conversations. It seemed English people would go to great lengths to avoid a scene.

Her tears would have been a problem, had the man not offered to buy her an ice ream. At the notion, Mimosa swiped at the last of her tears, nodding her tiny head at being able to order on her own. Before she knew it, he was shoving a stack of bills in her hand, and some coins she recognized. Not exactly sure what to do, the child simply nodded and walked to the bar, hoping moving a bit will help heal the bruises.

"Watcher love, what can I get you?" the kind lady at the bar asked, making Mimosa ponder her choice, glancing up a the pictures over the counter once more.

"One.. seewt chrey..." she tried before giving up and pointing to the picture. A cherry flavored shaved ice with fruits on top and then a banana split sundae. Once her order was ready, the girl handed her all the bills in her hand."

"Would you like to donate some of the money, it goes to toys for children who can't afford them," the kindly witch offered. Mimosa nodded her head, stuffing the remainder of the money into the box she was directed to. Carrying both her ice cream orders, she made her way back to the table.

"I got one white one and one pink one, I think you should try the pink one," she spoke, pushing the shaved ice towards him before taking a seat opposite the blonde man. "My name is Mimosa," she informed him. "I'm almost nine," she added, holding up that many fingers to highlight her point.

Her earlier strife was now inconsequential in the face of ice cream. "What's your name? And are you wearing tall shoes? I always fall down when i wear really high shoes," she offered sympathetically as she dug a spoon into her sundae. "Where are your mom and dad, are you lost, Sir?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 4:20 am

His breaths were starting to come in line now.  His eyes opening and taking in the sky.  If he say still and could be lost in the moment a bit longer perhaps the pain would truly settle.........nope.  His eyes winced as that high pitched voice returned quicker than expected.

Looking down he wild see the little woman.....girl....kid?  Sitting across from him with two distinct types of treats.  "Ummm sure.......". He would say taking the pink one.  Looking at it he hoped it was strawberry and not cherry, he absolutely couldn't stand cherry, and this day could start to turn around anytime now.  He could vaguely hear her start to question him as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out the paper, spreading it out.  Using the treat he'd hold down one corner to prevent the wind from blowing it to much.

"My names Quinn, I'm almost old enough to think that's cute."  He would say a little plainly.  Making a dry joke, not anticipating that she may or may not be offended or even understand it's a joke.  "Actually I am a little lost.  My mom and dad though are back in the US."  He would say scanning the paper and flipping to the job postings.

He was comfortable, for now.  Though that time would come to a close.  He just needed something to keep him going and allow him time to heal, and eventually return to training.  Taking the spoon he got some on it, letting it twirl between his finger tips.  Despite this motion not spilling a drop.  Several jobs......none of them something he would want though.

"Ayy where's the change?"  He would ask her as he took a bite.  The look on his face instantly showing he was repulsed by the flavor.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 4:53 am

Almost old enough? Mimosa never did understand why adults were so secretive about their age. This guy should learn from Victoria who had simply stated a number when asked how old she was. Besides, he couldn't be that old if he wasn't all that much taller than she was. The child eyed him curiously, yes definitely not tall enough to be a full full grown up.

"Oh," she latched on to the information about his parents. "My Clara is in the US too," she interjected excitedly, raising her voice to a higher pitch as she discovered she and the ice cream man had something in common. "We live in Cali-fornya, Grandpa, Clara and I. Where do your mom and Dad live, Quinn?" However it was worrying that he was lost. the little witch thought for a moment, resting her chin on her tiny palms as she pondered her dilemma.

"If you want, I can take you to this inn, they have maps and people who tell you directions. If you talk to them, you won't be lost anymore?" she suggested kindly, glad that she could help him somehow. The child let out a giggle as he made a funny face upon eating his treat, he clearly enjoyed it very much. Mimosa had to resist patting herself on the back for a job well done.

A small frown of confusion marred her smooth forehead when he asked about the change. "What change?" the brown haired little girl asked innocently, blue eyes staring at the man as her spoon paused halfway up to her mouth. "Oh, the bills? I gave them to kids who couldn't buy toys. The lady at the counter says thank you very much," the child explained offhandedly. Why this man didn't have cards was beyond ehr. Grandpa and Clara always had cards.

Taking another bite of her yummy sundae, she waited as he looked through the paper, hoping he would stop reading soon. Reading was boring. "Do you like England?" she asked when Quinn showed no signs of interrupting his reading. "This is my second time here but I think I prefer home." Screwing up her nose she added "It rains too much here, and I miss the beach."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 2:50 pm

"Not that kind of lost..". He'd say absent handedly without looking at her.  He pushed the ice cream over to her with a small grunt and would let her just have both of them.  When she mentioned her Clara whoever that is he merely nodded with an obligatory "mhm mhm mhm". Mostly he was happy letting her gibber jabber away while he read.

There just wasn't anything jumping out at him for something he could do.  His hand absentmindedly rubbed at his injury.  When she mentioned the absence of any change he felt his jaw drop.  Perhaps he was going to need to find that job even faster.  She continued on like this was no big deal and he considered how best to handle the situation.  Did you yell at kids?  Did you spank them?  Did you just say you were disappointed......honestly the whole scenario was just a little ridiculous.

"Listen Mimo was it?  What if you go back to the counter, get me a drink and get the money back from the tin mmk.....tell the lady it was a mistake.  If you can do that, I'll......illl..........buy you a stuffed animal...or something."  He would say looking at the tending ice cream guardian.  She didn't look fast surely the little girl could pull off the heist to get back his rent.  "If you can do all that, well I'll even.......umm be your friend I don't know."  This whole day was so weird.  Crumpling the paper he would give it a toss and watch it fall into the nearest waste bin.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 1:13 am

The little witch continued to look on in confusion at the man as he made a funny face, unsure if he was trying to amuse her or if his face just looked like that sometimes. Usually she was very good at telling but Quinn was strange. The idea made her want to giggle but something told her that would be very bad idea right now.

When he asked for a drink, the child reached into her designer bag, pulling out a pink barbie water bottle full to the brim. Trying not to wince in pain, she gently pushed the water bottle towards him. "This is a drink," she clarified, sure that she was helping.

His request of asking for the bills back was one however she didn't know how to comply with. Why would be need the coins back? "It's not nice to take things from children who don't even have toys," she admonished gently. He was probably just mistaken. Reaching into the pocket of her clearly expensive jacket, she pulled out a card. Should he be in any way familiar with international, exchangeable currency, he would understand its meaning.

"You can have this if you like. My grandpa has lots, he will give me another one." Should he take the card, she would let him. Should he refuse, she would continue regardless.

"And my name isn't Mimo. It's Mimosa. Mim-oh-sah," she pronounced just in case he couldn't hear very well. "You shouldn't shorten people's names without asking, Sir. How would you feel if I called you Quee instead of Quinn?" she asked rather seriously for a child her age.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Pushing the water bottle back to her he simply said, "no thanks, I don't drink water."  The bottle didn't have anything to do with it, mostly the fact that he hated water.

When she offered him the card he looked around, starting to wonder if this was a set up.  Was the law watching him and seeing what he was doing, or was this little girl not very smart.  He wasn't sure, and he wasn't willing to take the risk, even though this meant he'd be out of a home a month quicker than expected.  "Umm no you can keep that."  He would say considering if he could go get his money back from the till.

Her odd pronouncement  of his name brought him back to the conversation at hand.  "Well for starters it would be Qui not Quee." Very clearly emphasizing the difference.  "And secondly, I'd have given you points for thinking on your feet Mimo."  He would say looking around at the hustle and bustle of the street.  Sighing he would drop his head to bang on the table.  "You wouldn't know of any decent job openings around would you?"

It would normally be odd to sit at a table with a 9 year old and speak to her like an adult.  However, he was to tired, to sore, and a touch to forlorn to really consider it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bubbles (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubbles (Quinn)   Bubbles (Quinn) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bubbles (Quinn)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next