Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Drinking and Chatting {Open} Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Drinking and Chatting {Open} Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Drinking and Chatting {Open} Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Drinking and Chatting {Open} Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Drinking and Chatting {Open} Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Drinking and Chatting {Open}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Drinking and Chatting {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Drinking and Chatting {Open}   Drinking and Chatting {Open} EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 2:31 pm

The Leaky Cauldron was filled to the brim with customers as usual however Michelle was used to seeing this sort of crowd; she did work at a Muggle nightclub after all and while she rarely saw any wizards or witches there, the crowd behaved pretty much the same way anywhere they went.

Slipping through the crowd towards the bar, Michelle waited for one of the many barkeepers to come up and take her order; looking at things thought it would take a while for someone to deal with her so she just patiently waited for her turn to come.

"What can I get you, lass?" The man finally came up to her with an apologetic smile.

"I would like whiskey on the rocks please." The woman ordered with a soft smile and a tilt of her head in acceptance of his silent apology. "And keep them coming, I'm here to get drunk tonight."

She was also here to just relax and ignore her mother's letters that were sitting at home; she knew perfectly well what they said and she had no plans of ruining her mood tonight with her mother's rambles on 'settling down' and 'finding a husband'.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and Chatting {Open}   Drinking and Chatting {Open} EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Quinn had been sitting at the bar for a little while.  He had just started the transition to moving into Hogwarts so that he could teach in the upcoming term.  He still hadn't set his classroom up, but moving his own things there seemed like a reasonable good start.  Well, one worth a drink anyway.

He had arrived early, long before the crowds as he was apt to do.  He enjoyed watching the place change.  Watching as bars went from those just getting a drink or a bite of food transition to those after very different things.  Some to remember old friends, some to forget, some to find comfort in the cold glass, and others in a warm body.  He didn't necessarily feel the need to partake in any of it, sometimes content to merely be an observer on the human experience.

Tonight wasn't much different.  This was his last real night living in London having given up his apartment.  The free room and board was to good a deal to pass up.  That little winch had used up his rent money anyway, so closing had been his only real option.  The last months rent though, well it was going to the concoction of liquids that came before him.

His glass was tall and frosted.  A dark amber with a small amount of froth resting on top was half way done by the time he heard the witch order next to him.  It had had many friends, but they were all gone now, just as this one would be soon and a new glass to replace it.  

"That's a bold claim to tell the bartender off the bat, might not even give you he house discount."  He would say with a small chuckle.  In fact he had mostly just been thinking it in his head, but having had more than one it had been spoken with his actual voice rather than the one in his head.  

Well, however it had happened he had said it.  So he took another drink and looked at the newcomer to the bar.  Many had come and gone, and he wondered what this one was really after.  Many came to drink, but it wasn't usually the drink that really was the prize, more so what the drink gave them in return.

His hair had been slicked to the side, trimmed short.  He was freshly shaven still attempting to look proper for his new position in academia.  He wore black slacks and patterned shirt with a black bow tie.  In all it set him apart from wizards and witches, but alas he just couldn't get comfortable in those dresses they called robes.  "I'm Quinn, nice to meet you."  He would say with a half smile, might as well introduce himself and not just be that weird commentator.

Outfit:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and Chatting {Open}   Drinking and Chatting {Open} EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 10:35 pm

"When I start drinking I don't stop until I'm literally unconscious or in someone's bed." Michelle said dryly, her French accent coming out thickly as she took a sip of her whiskey,
feeling the alcohol literally burn its way down her throat. Her shift at the nightclub the previous night had been the worst one so far; a gang of guys had ended up kicked out on their asses out of the pub after assaulting a handful of girls and while it certainly didn't lead to anything unlawful it did make the night sour for everyone, including Michelle.

"Michelle." She introduced herself in kind, nodding her head in greeting to the male. She wasn't exactly there to socialize but some company would certainly be nice and if said company was as good-looking as the male sitting next to her then Michelle certainly wouldn't be saying no.

"You a regular here then?" She questioned curiously as she finished the rest of her whiskey, waving down the bartender to fill up her glass again. She had a feeling that tonight she would spend a lot of money on trying to get drunk. Hopefully, she would succeed but she doubted it. She rarely did get drunk, no matter how much she drank.

Outfit:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and Chatting {Open}   Drinking and Chatting {Open} EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 12:07 am

"Pleasure....". He would say to her taking another drink.  "And why not both?  I'm an over achiever myself, so no need to quit half way."  He would jokingly say regarding her first point.  His face still in a crooked smile taking in her accent.  French he would say but only because it was obvious.  He was hopeless with most languages and unless it was smacking him in the face, he was likely to miss it entirely.  He often blamed the American in him.  His own accent standing out among the European voices.

"Wouldn't say regular.." he would begin to say after she asked her question.  "Last night living in London.  Turn in my apartment keys in the morning, a month sooner than expected so next months rent...". He would say spreading his hands out gesturing to the bar before him.  

"What about you?  What's the terrible pick up line?  Come here often?"  He would say clearly making a jest towards the typical pick up lines one might here on the bar stools at any establishment, muggle or wizard.

The crowd around them would continue to get a little rowdier as the night went into its apex.  As she answered he'd tap the bar and two small shot glasses of a clear yet smoking liquid would appear.  No matter her answer he would pick his up and nod it towards the his french companion.  Shooting it back it would briefly cause smoke to come from his ears.  HonestlyC wizards made the weirdest drinks what happened to good old Kentucky bourbon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and Chatting {Open}   Drinking and Chatting {Open} EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Michelle gave the male next to her a long look, the French witch pursing her lips as she tapped her manicured nails against the counter, her eyes turning slightly cold. However, she answered, she knew the conversation would, quite probably, go in a direction that she didn't want it to go into. "I don't do drunk sex." The Witch declared with obvious distaste, her nose scrunching up and her lips curling into a sneer. "If I'm to have sex I only drink a little bit. I don't do 'regrets'... as some people would call one-night stands that you didn't want to do."

"Ah, you're moving then... somewhere far away from what you're saying." Michelle was no Sherlock, yes she did get the Muggle meaning of that, but from just those few words she gleaned that the male next to her was either a) moving away for work, b) moving in with his girlfriend or missus or c) moving because he didn't like the big city.

"I don't do pick up lines." Michelle snorted as she downed another shot of whiskey, waving her hand for it to be refilled. "All I do is go up to a guy, or girl depending on my mood for the night, and ask him, or her, if he, or she, wants some fun." She shrugged, clearly not bothered by what her companion might think of her tendencies. "Get's them in the room with me quicker than you can say 'Accio." The blond-haired witch eyed the glass that appeared in front of her before, with a shrug of her shoulders, she downed the shot, though only after she had very discreetly checked to make sure there was nothing unsavoury in the drink. Who knew in pubs like these. Just because you were a witch it didn't mean you were free from stuff like that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and Chatting {Open}   Drinking and Chatting {Open} Empty

Back to top Go down

Drinking and Chatting {Open}
Page 1 of 1