Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Summer begins (open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Summer begins (open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Summer begins (open) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Summer begins (open) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

» When it Rains, It Pours ((Open))
Summer begins (open) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Summer begins (open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Summer begins (open) Empty
PostSubject: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Janet smiled as she entered the Three Broomsticks. She made a beeline for her usual seat and sank down with a sigh. She leaned forward, planted her elbows on the table in front of her and rested her chin in her hands. She studied the room around her with one raised eyebrow before she signaled for a waitress. The woman walked over and Janet quickly ordered two butter beers. One for herself, and one for after she drank the first one.

As Janet waited for her drinks she quietly observed the people around her. A couple tables away was a girl, just old enough to be going into her second year, with her nose buried in a spell book, as she studied her little heart out. The sight made Janet smile. Two mugs of butter beers floated over to Janet's table. She smiled and picked one up, taking a large drink.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 2:16 pm

The summer had come around much too quickly. Dimitri couldn't fathom where the time had gone. It seemed like only yesterday he'd been heading off to the masquerade party at the start of term, and now... now he was in Hogsmeade with his father on family business, with the time being spent picking out anything and everything he'd wanted. His father was completing some trade deal, which, seeing as it as in the Hogs' Head, denoted how legal the transaction was.

Dimitri had restocked himself with Hogsmeade sweets, had his wand polished, and then perused Zonko's joke shop for a short while, before deciding on getting some lunch from The Three Broomsticks.

Stepping in to the pub, it was as busy as it was normally, and Dimitri frowned when he couldn't find a spare table. Deciding not to worry about that just yet, he ordered himself a plate of chips and a Butterbeer and asked the man behind the bar to bring the chips over to him when they were ready. Butterbeer in hand, Dimitri moved to one of the less occupied tables, where just one girl sat, though she had two Butterbeers...

"Hey..." Dimitri greeted the witch with a small smile. "Are you waiting for someone, or do you mind if I join you?" He asked, deciding he would introduce himself after he'd been given an answer so as to not waste the witch's time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:38 pm

A boy around Janet's age entered the pub, drawing Janet's attention. She sat up slightly straighter and watched him for a moment, sipping casually on her Butterbeer. The boy frowned as he looked around. Janet tilted her head, why did he.. She looked around, realizing the pub has no free tables. Janet scanned the pub. There were very little free chairs, most at tables occupied by large parties of witches and wizards. The wizard walked over to the bar, ordering a Butterbeer before he walked over to Janet's table.

The wizard gave her a small smile before he asked if she was waiting on anyone. Janet gave him a friendly smile in return before focusing on the question. Why would he think she was waiting on someone? She tilted her head slightly before realizing she was hogging two Butterbeers. "OH! No, you're fine. I'm not waiting on anyone." She replied with a broad smile. She motioned to the drinks. "These are both for me." Great. Now she sounded greedy. "I mean, I know I'm gonna be here for a while so I went ahead and ordered two so I wouldn't..." She trailed off, realizing she was just making it worse. She moved the drinks closer to her to give the boy more room before she offered him her hand to shake. "Hi, my name is Janet. Janet Shinings."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:57 am

Finding that the witch wasn't waiting for someone, Dimitri took the seat opposite her with a smiled 'thank you'. Placing his Butterbeer on the table between them, Dimitri listened to the witch try to explain away the second Butterbeer. To him... it didn't make sense. Why not just order a second one when you were finished with the first? It would be much more fresh that way...

Still, Dimitri didn't question her, that would be very rude, and he was not that kind of guy.

"It's fine. You enjoy them." Dimitri insisted when she got stuck in her explanation. He hadn't meant to make the witch feel bad for her order, so hopefully that would settle her down enough to stop worrying.

Taking the offered hand, Dimitri shook it gently -- after all, shaking a woman's hand wasn't exactly something he'd been brought up to do, but decided not to correct the witch by bringing her hand to his lips and pressing a soft kiss on her knuckles. Much too formal. And completely out of place. "Dimitri." The boy replied, not dropping in his last name because he didn't wish to be Dimitri Moreau right now.

"You're at Hogwarts?" Dimitri asked. He was sure that Janet wasn't a Ravenclaw, Dimitri had a good group of friends in his own house. A few Gryffindor friends, a couple of Hufflepuffs, but very few Slytherins. Hence, outside of his own house, he was a little lacking in his knowledge of others.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Janet smiled when the wizard sat down, glad she hadn't screwed up too badly. He then smiled at her, causing her to relax a bit more. "I just drink fast and find it easier to have a backup. She explained once and for all. The wizard told her it was fine and to not feel bad to witch she gave a smile and rubbed the back of her neck slightly.

Ugh, running into people was always awkward over the summer. At school she could just pretend like she had somewhere to be, it's not like anyone really wanted to be her friend. They were being polite. She ignored the thought and brought herself back to the conversation as the wizard replied with his own name. She nodded. "Nice to meet you."

He then asked if Janet went to Hogwarts. Janet smiled and nodded. "Yes I'm in Slytherin. How about you?" She waited for his reaction in curiosity. Some wizards would break away right there because they were against Slytherin, though she felt like that was unfair. She hadn't gotten to choose, she only got to make the best of whatever house she was put in.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 5:14 pm

"That... makes more sense, then." Dimitri responded, slightly amused at that. The witches he had been spending the summer with thus far would never admit to such things. They would work through things slowly, making sure not to make a spectacle of themselves, or else, simply pretend not to eat or drink because they found that easier.

Funny, how society changed so many people.

"Slytherin, nice..." Dimitri replied to that information, and he meant it that way. "I don't know too many Slytherins, truly. I mean, there's Corbin and Lucy, the prefects, but other than that... I couldn't tell you I know many others. Me, I'm a Ravenclaw. So, you know, complete nerd, and all that." Dimitri explained, before breaking out in to a soft laugh. He wasn't the typical Ravenclaw, the kind to be found with his nose in a book, he was more the creative kind. Keen on inventing, and such things.

"What brings you to Hogsmeade?" He asked out of curiosity, before remembering. "Oh, I have some chips coming in a moment, I hope you don't mind, I'm famished! You can steal a few, if you like, I won't mind." He offered, because it would be rude of him to eat whilst the witch before him had nothing. Though... she might be like the girls in his social circle who politely declined.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Janet chuckled when he said her explanation made more sense, at least that might have made up for her stumbled over, weirdo explanation earlier. Satisfied at this thought she took another big drink of her first Butterbeer, as if to prove the point, though that wasn't her goal.

The wizard explained about how he didn't know very many Slytherin, mostly just the prefects apparently. Janet nodded when he told her he was a Ravenclaw. "That's cool! My Mom was a Ravenclaw when she went to Hogwarts. My dad was a Slytherin like myself." He went on to say that he was a complete nerd, simply on the fact he was in Ravenclaw. This made her chuckle before she responded, "Well most people seem to think I'm a stuck up, bratty, rude, bully, just on the fact I'm Slytherin. Though I can assure you, I'm very little of those things."

The wizard went on to ask why she was in Hogshead before letting her know there were chips on the way. He even told her she could have a couple. She smiles at that and shrugs. "I might just take you up on that, though I was thinking about ordering some food myself. Anyways, I live here so I'm pretty much always somewhere around here." She smiled at that before taking another sip of her drink, finishing off her first glass.

"See what I mean? I can't help myself from practically chugging the first one. Even after growing up here I can't resist the taste of Butterbeer." She then decided to get dramatic with it, adding "I'm not sure I could live without it. It's practically part of me. I'm pretty sure my body is like 23% Butterbeer." By the end of her over exaggerated declare of love for her Butterbeer Janet was grinning and couldn't help but giggle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 8:05 pm

The stereotype of Slytherin made Dimitri's smile grow. He liked the witch before him, she seemed to get the stupidity of labels, like he did. "Oh yes, you're evil, right? Planning to take over the world, and obviously in to the Dark Art?" He teased, though the smile on his lips quite clearly showed he didn't think this was true. Not that he was underestimating the witch before him, she could be, but it was simply one of those things that Dimitri didn't believe to be true.

"What's it like? Down in the dungeons, I mean. I always thought it would be weird, being underneath the lake... I mean, logic would dictate you'd have some kind of fear of the lake coming in to the common room... flooding you out... I don't know if I could live with that..." Dimitri asked, though that might be a weird question, it was the inquisitive side of him that was talking in that moment. A thoughtful look took over his features, too, wondering how he would deal with it himself.

"You live in Hogsmeade? I guess that takes away the thrill of the weekends for you then... huh?" He asked. Definitely would spoil it for him, truthfully.

Watching the witch chug the Butterbeer was, in a manner, somewhat unflattering. Dimitri was used to girls being ladylike, and seeing them chug drinks was... not ladylike. Managing to keep the distaste from his features, though, Dimitri gave a small smile. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." Dimitri responded, uncertain how else one could deal with that situation. To avoid needing to add anything else, Dimitri took a sip of his own Butterbeer, just before his chips arrived.

"Ah, thank you!" The Ravenclaw said to the waitress, reaching to put salt and vinegar on them. Picking up a fork, the boy tucked in to a few chips, savouring the taste for a moment, before concentrating back on Janet.

"Any plans for the summer, then?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 pm

The wizard continued the stereotype teasing as his smile grew. Janet laughed and nodded. "Oh, yes. I would never talk to some nerd from Ravenclaw. I'm sure you're a know-it-all who does nothing but study and correct people." She gave the boy a dismissive wave before smiling bigger with a wink. Janet was glad he didn't seem to mind making fun of himself, too many people these days were just too.... stiff.

Dimitri then asked what it was like in the dungeons, before preceding to let her know that her common room could flood at any time. She chuckled at that and shook her head. "Well, I hadn't ever thought of that extremely comforting thought," she said sarcastically, "It's alright. The hallways are cold sometimes but the common room is actually nice. It's a bit darkly themed but I like it. It's really cool how light filters through the water outside and cast like a green tinted light through the windows." She smiled, remembering her home away from home.

Janet shook her head. "No, living in hogshead is pretty cool. I always get first pick of anything new that's out at any of the shops, which is cool. It doesn't take away from the thrill at all. I love Hogsmeade, though it really amps up the fun when I get to go to Diagon Alley because I don't go very often."

The chips arrived a moment later and Janet watched in curiosity as Dimitri put both salt and vinegar on them. "That's interesting. I've never put vinegar on my chips." He then asked about her summer plans. Janet shrugged and took a sip of her doing before replying. "I don't have many plans other than just hanging out around the Village. I'll probably do some studying though."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Dimitri let out a soft laugh at the light teasing of not talking to a nerd. There was always merit to people who had a good sense of humour, and if this carried on, Dimitri could see himself with a new friend.

The explanation of the Slytherin Common Room was a nice picture. Dimitri was quite sure there was a lot of grandeur in the Common Room that no other house could rival, and perhaps one day he would get to see it. One day. But, he didn't comment about that out loud, it would sound very weird. "Sounds great. I'm glad you like it! I couldn't think of anything worse of finding you hated your Common Room.

"The Ravenclaw Common Room is awesome. Aside from all the books, it's really light, airy, spacious. You never feel cooped up, and there is plenty of space for you to do... well, whatever you want really." Dimitri explained with a fond smile.

"Makes sense." Dimitri agreed as the witch spoke of Diagon Alley. "I'll need to go there to get some of the more specific items on our school lists, but I've picked up a fair bit today. So, it works well enough, I suppose." Dimitri explained.

"You've... never put vinegar on your chips..." Dimitri echoed, looking very curiously at the witch. "Well... try one, see if you like it." The boy insisted, pushing the plate towards her enthusiastically. "Vinegar makes them taste so much nicer!" He added, almost as an after thought.

Her plans for the summer didn't lead to further conversation, so Dimitri left it at that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer begins (open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next