Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Chatbox
Current Plot
June 2023

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 28 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:36 pm
Latest topics
» Supply Run (open)
by Elenore Clement Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» What is Love? (Alexei & Elenore)
by Elenore Clement Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» House Points Game Nine
by The Administrator Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» Rank Ups Game Nine
by The Administrator Yesterday at 7:30 pm

» Pureblood Index
by The Administrator Yesterday at 7:06 pm

Unanswered Open Threads

IC Chatbox

Share | 

The Grounds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Janet Shinings
Slytherin Fifth Year
Slytherin Fifth Year

Birthday : 2007-01-01

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Janet made no further comment on the squid, sensing Dimitri didn’t share quite as much interest in the creature. She smiled as the topic of swimming continued and she nodded. “Oh good. I was afraid I was the only one. Funny I’ve never seen you out swimming before, but the I wasn’t really paying attention to other people.”

She nodded when he mention it was good exercise. “Oh, yes I agree. I came up and swim during the summer as well. I try to swim some year round. At least as much as I can between weather and classes. It is often cold but I usually just tough it out. I honestly hadn’t considered using a spell for something like that.” She smiled at the idea of them swimming together. “Yes, I like that idea. I think that’d be lots of fun.”

The witch blushed when Dimitri mentioned either the memory or her actions were cute. He then proceed to ask what she was nervous about. Janet’s eyes widened as she realized she had only given only two situations for the grass shredding. She looked down at the grass for a moment, not sure how to answer. “I just... I don’t know.” She fumbles for the right words as her blush grew. “I don’t hang out with cute, sweet, guys very often” she lifted a shoulder in a half shrug and kept her eyes trained on the piece of grass in her hands.

Janet Shinings || 16 || Fifth Year || Slytherin || Single || Profile

Tons of thanks to Ruby, creator of profile pic and signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Birthday : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:42 pm

"You haven't?" Dimitri asked, pulling a face at the idea that someone would not have seen him swimming before. He raised a shoulder in a half shrug that would make his mother's eyes water had she have seen. "Perhaps it is because I swim early in the morning, and you're still tucked up in bed?" He suggested, his voice clearly written with a playful note to show he did not really think she was slumbering all hours of the day.

"Charms nerd." Dimitri said, waving away why Janet hadn't thought of using a spell to keep her from getting cold whilst she swam. "Awesome!" Dimitri added when she agreed. "We can go exploring, if you like. Find the mermaids, or something..." He offered, but he'd be cool with laps of the lake, too.

The blush that rose on Janet's cheeks at his question was alluring. As with any woman who's cheeks flamed when they were embarrassed, it made them instantly more attractive in the moment. Dimitri tried to hide the smile on his lips at her reaction, bringing his hand up to brush his face to give him a moment to control the emotion. It would be subtle, though, and Janet would never see the smile.

Her explanation was sincere, though, and Dimitri didn't feel amused, he was... lost for what to sat. Cute, sweet? Dimitri didn't particularly see himself as either of those words, but he didn't resent them, either. "Very often?" He echoed, taking up a piece of grass, and copying her actions -- though, not out of nervousness, just because he felt like copying her would enhance the moment.

"That suggests you know more than one cute, sweet guy. Should I worry about another one coming to steal my company?" Though he was teasing, the line wouldn't be clear in Dimitri's voice. Testing the waters was the best way forward, and Janet had made her feelings towards him somewhat clear, though not crystal...

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
~ Inventive ~ 16 ~ Quirky ~ 5'8" ~ Single ~

Thank you to Megan for my awesome Sig <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janet Shinings
Slytherin Fifth Year
Slytherin Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Janet shrugs as well and shakes her head, "I suppose if it was really early in the morning, though it is more likely that I'm spaced out. I often retreat to my own little world in my head." She looks back at the lake, thinking. "Partly because people here don't always.. I don't know, accept me." She gave a small smile. "But it's been getting better recently. I think I just needed to find the right friends."

Janet smiled as he mentioned he was a "charms nerd" "Oh, yes. I love charms. It's one of my favorite classes, only tied with Care of Magical Creatures." Her eyes lit up when he spoke of the exploring they could do. "Oh, I think that would be brilliant! I would love to do some exploring. but didn't want to do it by myself and didn't have anyone who wanted to explore with me."

Her eyes widen as Dimitri repeated part of her statement, "well, I'm not really in the habit of it." She grinned when he said she had implied there was more than one guy. "Oh, no. Not at the moment. I can't think of anyone who would be any competition, not that it would be one." She turned her attention back to the grass, trying to hide the blush on her cheeks and biting her lip slightly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:32 pm

"Well, I'm glad that you've found the right group of friends now. It's difficult, knowing who you can and can't trust. And, I'd wager that the Slytherin Common Room is not the easiest place for making friends. Not impossible, but... not easy, either." Dimitri acknowledged softly, not trying to stereotype, but Slytherins weren't the easiest of people to get along with.

Janet, however, was an exception to that.

"I've never been so good with animals, truthfully. Dogs, I can deal with, but past that, they're not really my thing." He admitted, though this wasn't to say he didn't want to know anything about them, he just found it difficult to engage with creatures like some people did. "Well, now you do." Dimitri added softly as Janet admitted to never having someone to explore with. It would, after all, be good to explore the castle more.

"No competition?" Dimitri pressed, trying to find out what Janet was thinking as a smile played on his lips. Janet's cheeks were aflame now, and the Ravenclaw couldn't help but smile at that notion. Was she trying to admit something, Dimitri couldn't be sure. "I'm sure that's not true." Dimitri added, dropping the last piece of grass before he turned himself slightly towards Janet, watching her for a moment before his eyes moved back to the lake.

He would never, ever, push a woman in to any situation, and this evening would be no different. So long as Janet was happy, though, he would not ruin anything of the evening for her.

"You know, with the stars out... you should find the brightest, and make a wish. It's said to come true, if you wish it hard enough..." Dimitri explained, looking up to the sky to try any find the star that was shining the brightest.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janet Shinings
Slytherin Fifth Year
Slytherin Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:12 am

Janet smiled and nodded. "Yes, absolutely. It's such a relief to have people to talk to again." She chuckled, knowing she sounded like weirdo pathetic loser. She made no comment about the Slytherins, opting instead for a knowing glance and a small nod.

As Dimitri spoke of his experience with animals, Janet fought the urge to frown. She supposed it would be reasonable to accept they aren't everyone's "thing" but Janet couldn't personally see why not. Perhaps Dimitri hadn't met the right animal for him yet, after all, almost everyone she knew had an animal that they considered their favorite, though Dimitri did say he could "deal with" dogs.

She smiled at the prospect of having someone to explore the lake with and wondered what else Dimitri would be willing to explore. The Forbidden Forest, for example, or the rumored secret passageways.

Janet smiled at her friend and shrugged. "No competition," she repeated, reasserting the sentence to stall as her mind scrambled to find something to say next that wouldn't either be awkward or completely embarrassing for either party. She noticed he was smiling back at her as he spoke that it couldn't be true, this earning a little chuckle from Janet.

Oh, it was true. Janet didn't often even talk to boys outside of class, let alone hang out with them, at night, under the stars and looking out at a beautifully set up lake. Realizing she had let a silence stretch out slightly she shook her head and sighed. "Oh, don't be so surprised. Remember I'm just finding the right crowd, let alone finding any other guys to think about."

As Dimitri spoke about the stars granting wishes she turned to study his face, her own head tilted. His head was leaned back, eyes on the sky, reflecting little speckles of light in his eyes. The magical light of the jack-o-lanterns on the lake filtered through his hair, drawing her attention before she tore it away to gaze up herself. She looked to the stars herself, tilting her head to rest on one shoulder just slightly.

"Yes, I've heard something similar to that. My mom always said that if you catch the very first star that appears, it will grant you any wish as long as you say this silly little rhyme." She smiled and closed her eyes, trying to remember it. "It was something like.. star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight." She chuckled and opened her eyes to glance at Dimitri with a lopsided grin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:10 am

Dimitri let it go when Janet said that he was the only guy she had time to think of. It was probably best not think on that point too much. It would likely lead to one, or the other, of them getting heard by throw away comments.

The brightest star, Dimitri found, was not easy to find on a filled starry sky. Tonight's sky was one of those that was filled with the twinkling orbs, and Dimitri honestly could not decipher of which was the brightest. There were a few moments of silence as the Ravenclaw kept looking, conscious that there were eyes on him for a few of those moments. He didn't mind, it was all part of the evening.

Janet's words pulled Dimitri's eyes away from the sky, and he smiled with mild amusement. It must be some Muggle rhyme, or something, because Dimitri hadn't heard that one before. It was a good one, though, and perhaps one he would tell his sister when he saw her over the Christmas break.

As she finished with a grin, Dimitri smiled back at her, for a moment, without any words. The witch -- despite her hardened exterior -- was quite cute, when she let her walls down. Dimitri took a moment, looking back up to the stars once more.

The brightest star stood out now, and Dimitri pointed up at the small orb. "There, the brightest star." He breathed, turning his eyes back to Janet in that moment. It was his turn to grin. "Make a wish, Janet." He whispered, watching for a moment, before he turned his eyes once more to the star.

They closed for a moment, and Dimitri made his own wish. Concentrating hard, even though he knew deep down that wishing on stars would make no difference in his life what so ever. But, it was fun to pretend, if only for a moment, that wishing on stars made a difference.

When he opened his eyes, Dimitri allowed them to settle on the waters for a moment. "I hope... truly, that your wish comes true." He managed, a smile settled on his lips once more. Tonight... had definitely been much more different than Dimitri would have imagined.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janet Shinings
Slytherin Fifth Year
Slytherin Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 am

Janet smiled and gazed at the star it seemed Dimitri was pointing at. Sure enough if there were seeing the same star it was the brightest of them all. She studied it for a moment before deciding to make a wish. After all she hadn’t been able to see the first star that night but she could see the brightest.

She closed her eyes, tilting her head down towards her crossed legs for a moment to make a wish. She held on to the little wish and infused all her hope into it, before opening her eyes and letting it go.

She didn’t truly believe in the magic of stars either, but it was like Santa clause or the Easter bunny, you could never be sure whether others still believed, and either way it was a fun tradition.

Janet turned towards Dimitri as he spoke, with a little nod. “And some to you Dimitri.” She wrapped the jacket around her better as it threatened to slip off her shoulders and looked back out across the lake, specifically the stars reflected in it.

The water gave the stars a glassy look and small waves broke the serinity and moved the pumpkins, causing Janet to grin as she thought of the squid once more. She honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the smart creature had learned to play with the water to its advantage.

Janet grinned and turned to Dimitri. Speaking of the lake.. “Hey, so you can’t really swim extremely well in the winter, especially when the pond starts freezing over on the edges, but have you ever tried ice skating? I do it a lot over the break in Hogsmead, as well as sometimes on the lake.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimitri Moreau
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Noticing that Janet was pulling the jacket around her tighter, Dimitri made a note of suggesting they head back in soon. He didn't want Janet to end up ill because they'd spent much too long out in the cold. No, that would not be a good way to end their evening together.

But, before he could suggest they head back to the castle, Janet had asked him about ice skating. The Ravenclaw couldn't help but smile to himself at the memory of the last time he'd tried 'ice skating'. "Once." He replied, the smile on his lips growing the longer he thought about it because he'd truly riled the Gryffindor Prefect at that time.

"I didn't have the right footwear to be ice skating, so I don't think you could call it that. And, I ended up crashing in to someone who was actually trying to ice skate. Naturally, I got a good telling off for that... but, I learned my lesson. I haven't been out on to the lake when it's frozen over since." Dimitri explained, at least looking a little bit sorry for what he'd done because he hadn't meant to hurt anyone. "How we didn't go through the ice, I will never know, though." He added with a soft laugh.

"But I've never tried real ice skating, no. I probably should, some time." Dimitri finished, giving the witch a small smile.

"Shall we head back in? I don't want you to get too cold." Dimitri added, because the night was starting to get colder, and without his jacket on, Dimitri was starting to feel the cold. It didn't have to be the end of the evening, but perhaps the end of being outside.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grounds   

Back to top Go down

The Grounds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3