Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Chatbox
Current Plot
June 2023

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 28 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:36 pm
Latest topics
» Supply Run (open)
by Elenore Clement Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» What is Love? (Alexei & Elenore)
by Elenore Clement Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» House Points Game Nine
by The Administrator Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» Rank Ups Game Nine
by The Administrator Yesterday at 7:30 pm

» Pureblood Index
by The Administrator Yesterday at 7:06 pm

Unanswered Open Threads

IC Chatbox

Share | 

New Faces (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scott Morrison
University Student
University Student

Birthday : 2003-07-14

PostSubject: Re: New Faces (Open)   Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Kenny still hadn't figured out how to blush on command, so he settled for looking at the floor with a small "Heh" and a humble grin. Despite some of his previous characters' choices and personalities, Kenny actually was fairly intelligent, and a decent student--Horned Serpent was the house of scholars, after all, and it had chosen him. Getting into university hadn't been too much of a problem for him; the real difficulty came in creating a legal identity and academic history for Scott. That had taken quite some time, and a considerable amount of money.

At her words, he began to place a tentative hope in this possible plan for the future. It was the only option he had considered so far, but it had a certain appeal--the same sort of appeal that UEWW had when he'd decided to apply. He was not the kind of person to get excited about it, or passionately pursue it, but he did like the thought, and he'd be willing to put some work into it if he had to.

He noticed as the waitress rubbed her head. "You alright? Headache?" His eyebrows furrowed in mild concern.

As she listed off a few of her skills and interests, his expression shifted to impressed. "Well damn, you could do anything. I guess keeping your options open is always good. What sort of sports are you into?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michelle Roux
Adult
Adult

Birthday : 1998-07-21
Job/hobbies : Ancient Runes

PostSubject: Re: New Faces (Open)   Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Michelle found herself enjoying the company of this male who clearly didn't think much of being accepted into UEWW, a male who clearly didn't know that the ease of being accepted meant that he did have a major talent in his chosen subject. The only reason why she hadn't joined UEWW after graduating from Beauxbaton's was purely because she had already been scouted by an Ancient Runes' Master who had taken her under his wing and apprenticed her in the subject. She had loved it and she didn't regret it even though she silently conceded that she probably would've had more fun during Uni then during her apprenticeship days.

"I'm alright, just the music making my head throb in pain. I'm pretty much used to how loud it is but it is hard when you try having a conversation with someone in the middle of this loud place." She waved her hand around the place where more than one waitress was grimacing and wincing at the loud sounds.

"I just have a sharp mind and anything I learn I remember instantly. You could give me a book to read and I would only have to skim through it to remember everything." Michelle didn't mean to boast about her skills but it did probably sound like it to her conversation partner. "Mainly soccer, basketball, Quidditch and baseball. I can play every other sport but those four are the ones I'm more interested in. And you? Do you do any sports?"

24 || French || Nightclub Hostess || Single || 5'8"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Morrison
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: New Faces (Open)   Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:51 am

"Is there a quieter place in the bar that we can move? Or, I dunno, I could make you some earplugs if you want..." he dug for an easy solution to her problem. Scott at least was a decent person, and cared about her well-being and comfort level. And, come to think of it, the heavy bass was getting on his nerves a little bit too.

He cocked his head to show his interest in what she revealed about herself. A photographic memory? Fascinating. That meant she would remember his face. He might have to be careful with that if intended to hang around in this area. And she played muggle sports. That was also interesting, though he supposed it wasn't that unexpected, since she also worked in a muggle establishment and was rebelling against an elitist wizarding society.

At the mention of quidditch, he perked up. Finally, he might have the chance to put all of his research to good use.

"I don't play any, no. But I do have some strong views about American quidditch teams. Namely that the Fitchburg Finches are second to none, and the only reason they didn't make it to the US League Cup last year was because their lead chaser injured himself during the Sweetwater game and his replacement was that newbie they picked up three months before." He gestured animatedly as he said this, his body language expressing that he lost himself for a moment in his miniature rant, and he just really needed to get that out into the open.

"Sorry," he tacked onto the end, reining in Scott's obvious passion about the subject. The European waitress probably didn't care too much about American teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michelle Roux
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: New Faces (Open)   Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Michelle nodded her head and turned on her heel to lead the male into a room just off the side of the bar, pulling the curtain aside, she waited for her companion to step inside; this was a much quieter part of the bar where much older people, though no older than forty, where just drinking and chatting amongst themselves. "This is for the VIPs you can say, people who sponsor this club. As long as you're with me your fine but don't come here on your own, my boss gets a bit weird if people walk in here without being led inside."

"I do love playing Quidditch but I don't see myself actually playing professional, I'm too much of a free spirit to be tied down to one job." The young witch leant against the side of the bar, focusing on the male that made her senses tingle in slight worry though it wasn't in danger of any sort. "I can't help but agree, had they used a more experienced chaser and not the newbie they would've won, maybe by not as big of a margin as with their lead chaser but they still would've won."

"Why are you sorry?" Michelle quirked a brow and her lips in amusement, her eyes twinkling. "I asked, you answered."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Morrison
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: New Faces (Open)   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:28 am

Kenny followed the waitress into the closed off section of the bar, his face slowly morphing into exaggerated awe as she explained that it was for VIPs. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly, then a delighted grin crept over his face, and he softly breathed, "I'm a very important person...I've never been a very important person before. I shall never forget this moment."

He nodded his understanding as she explained her own relationship with quidditch, and his eyes lit up further as she encouraged the topic of conversation by agreeing with him. He shrugged when she asked about his apology.

"I dunno, I just...didn't really expect you to care much about American teams, since you're not American. And my enthusiasm isn't always appreciated, even in the US. I didn't want to go on and on about something that didn't interest you."

He paused for a moment, then let Scott's excitement take over again. "But since we're on the subject, and you're not telling me to stop, have you got any bets on this year's World Cup? I heard Netherlands is doing pretty well this year."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michelle Roux
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: New Faces (Open)   Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Michelle felt an amused smile tug at her lips as she listened to the male that was clearly surprised at being in the VIP area; not that she could blame him, when she first saw it herself she was clearly surprised as well though more at the fact that she would be serving in the VIP area not about the VIP area.

As she and the wizard talked, Michelle walked behind the bar to pour herself a glass of coke with some ice before turning towards the male. "Want another drink?" She questioned as she sipped on the coke,
feeling the cool liquid go down her throat soothingly.

"I've put my bets down for Germany," Michelle replied to the question. "Netherlands may be doing well but Germany has the better players all around and even though Germany may be the underdog in the games, they have been winning all their matches so far."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Faces (Open)   

Back to top Go down

New Faces (Open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2