Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Empty
PostSubject: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Ms. Goshawk had sent all of the employees of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry denoting her desire to hold a Christmas party with all the staff. When Jake had read the note, he'd not really thought too much of it, Christmas was more of a time for family for him, but the date -- being the middle of December -- showed that it wasn't trying to intrude on personal time with his family.

Arranging for Victoria to have his children, Jake had changed in to a simple, grey suit for the evening, leaving out the tie Victoria had suggested he wear -- it had been a garish Christmas tie that Jake did not think appropriate.

Turning up to the Leaky Cauldron slightly earlier than the invitation stated -- seven-thirty pm -- and ordered himself a Firewhiskey at the bar. It didn't seem like anyone else was here yet, but there was no point in waiting around at home if he was ready.

"Have you seen the form of the Meteorites?" The barman asked Jake, obviously remembering his face, even after all of these years. "They're not nearly as good as they were when the likes of yourself and Samar were there. Worst thing they did, letting you go, and selling Samar on!"

"I still follow them very closely. But, I have to disagree slightly, they're not as bad as they were last year, and the new guy, Phillips, he looks like he could be a very good player, so long as he gets his chance!" Jake replied, sipping his drink as the man busied himself with another client for a moment or two before coming back to stand before Jake.

"Well, yeah, I suppose you're right. Hey, would you mind giving me your autograph?" The barman continued, without so much as a hint of embarrassment.

"Course not." Jake replied, motioning for the man to get whatever he wanted signing. Even now, Jake found it amazing that people looked up to him. He was just a Quidditch player. Who'd gotten lucky...

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 10:29 pm

A faculty party.

Now, there was an oxymoron if Andrei had ever seen one. Having attended his fair share of such parties as a Muggle university professor he knew how such things normally went. First, everyone would arrive with some semblance of timeliness. Then there'd be talk about classes, students, and the like. The party would then devolve from there as people got progressively more drunk until one would be hard-pressed to tell that the people gathered there were once intelligent human beings. And considering this faulty party, in particular, was being held at the Leaky Cauldron he doubted that it would be all that different.

Oh well, such things couldn't be avoided; three cheers for feigned unity.

Ducking into the bar a bit after seven-thirty, Andrei looked like no one remarkable. He wore robes of black, a pair of frameless glasses, and downcast look as if he were thinking of something rather profound. To the contrary, he was thinking just when the appropriate time to excuse himself from the party would be. Hopefully, he could get away with just exchanging a few pleasantries and then go on his way.

Pulling his gaze from the ground Andrei took in the dingy establishment. Clearly, people had better things to be doing he thought to himself. There were a few people here and there, but for the most part, it was empty. Well, save for the familiar young man sitting at the bar.

"Glass of milk," Andrei called to the barkeep as he took a seat to the left of Jake. "Or water if you don't have it."

The bartender furrowed his brow as if to ask 'what kind of man comes to a bar for milk?', but shrugged and went into the back.

"Holidays treating you well?" the older man asked turning to the former Quidditch star.

And so began the small talk...oh joy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Grayson stepped inside the Leaky Cauldron, calm and punctual as ever. Dressed in a casual, dark grey suit, he was glad for the opportunity to get out and spend a night doing something. This sort of occasion had been rare in the past, but from what he had seen of the new headmistress, she seemed to enjoy organizing social events like this. He supposed that, with her head for business, she simply understood the importance of building connections with people. He wasn't going to complain. In fact, he appreciated it--he felt he didn't spend nearly enough time getting to know his colleagues.

Or doing much of anything, for that matter. He missed the excitement of his traveling days--each day a new opportunity to learn and discover. His reason for staying in Britain remained at the forefront of his mind, and his sense of duty to his mother never diminished, but...he couldn't help but feel a bit trapped. He shook the thoughts from his head, at least for the time being. The last thing he wanted was to start feeling resentful toward his mother--it wasn't her fault, after all. He would just need to make the most of his situation, and find something engaging to occupy him while he was here.

Recognizing the two men sitting at the bar, he took a seat next to Andrei and ordered a small brandy. It seemed no one else had shown up yet, but it was still rather early in the evening, so Grayson didn't think much of it. He nodded a greeting to the professors.

"Hello, Jake. Andrei, good to see you again. I finished the book you gave me over the summer, and some others of a similar nature. I'd love to talk with you about Ancient Runes sometime, I found the subject far more intriguing than I'd originally expected."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 pm

As Andrei joined him at the bar -- ordering a glass of milk, or water -- Jake turned his attention from the bar keep to his colleague. Without really meaning to, his eyebrow was raised in question at the choice of drink. Just what kind of man came out for a social and drank milk? Of course, there had been times, back when he was keeping fit for his club and country when he couldn't have touched alcohol, but that was for a very good reason...

But Andrei...

Jake caught himself judging the man and pushed it away, in favour of the small talk he'd been dealt from the older man. "Busy, I would say, the kids are super excited for Father Christmas, of course, so they've been a right bundle of excitement for the last few days. I'm savouring it, though, whilst they still believe." The man confessed, taking a sip of his drink. "And yourself?" Jake asked back, deciding to keep on the side of small talk for now because he was still much too curious about the older man's drink choice.

Soon after, the librarian turned up -- Jake had not had the fortune to really speak to Grayson Hughes as of yet, and had only seen him in passing, in which Jake had simply smiled a hello before hurrying off in the other direction. It wasn't anything personal, Jake was simply a very busy man, and didn't often have time for small chit chat in the corridors.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 8:31 pm

“They’re going as well as they can be,” the runes professor furrowed his brow slightly. “Marie’s been in and out of the country to take care of her mother, but the kids have been good sports about it. With any luck, we’ll all be together for Christmas.”

Glancing over his shoulder at the muffled sound of the door opening and closing, Andrei caught sight of Grayson’s familiar figure. Being an older, and perhaps more traditional, wizard Andrei never saw the appeal of a suit outside of formal situations—robes were much more comfortable. Personal quibbles about attire aside, he threw up his hand in a halfhearted wave in hopes of catching the librarian’s attention and sure enough, he made his way over taking a seat to Andrei’s left.

“If only half my students were like you in that respect,” Andrei shot back at the librarian making sure to flash a good-natured smile. “Though it is a bit of a coincidence you say that because I had a favor to ask you, but it will have to wait. In the meantime—”

Andrei nodded in the direction of the approaching barkeep who held in one hand a tall cool glass of milk and in the other a caramel colored brandy.

“One small brandy,” the bartender placed the drink in front of Grayson. “And one glass of milk, enjoy. Just holler if you need anything else.”

The spectacle of Andrei’s drink was only multiplied by the fact that the bartender had decided to serve it in a pint glass. This was one of the reasons he hated going to bars: no one ever knew how to serve a simple glass of milk. Was common sense too much to ask?

“Well, I suppose we should drink to something,” Andrei paused, raised his glass, and continued. “To the holidays and a brief respite from the madness that is teaching?”

He left his toast as a question, but nonetheless took a large swig of milk that left his upper lip white as the milk still in his glass.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 11:13 pm

A staff party huh? Andrew considered this for a moment before he sent his RSVP. It would be a great chance to get to meet the new teachers! He was new this year so he didn't know many of them yet. This would be the perfect oppurtunity to make a good first empression.

So he thought. Instead he ended up getting there ten minutes late, and as soon as he walked in the door and saw his fellow teachers he could tell he was under dressed. He sighed, but at this point there was no time to go home and change so he walked over and sat down next to one of them he didn't know.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late" he said casually, "I had the hardest time finding a babysitter, and then Clara didn't want me to leave, even though I know perfectly well she loves the girl who's babysitting and well..." He stopped himself before he started rambling by ordering a beer and giving the other's an embarressed though friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

She'd only been working at Hogwarts for a bit over a year, but Mackenzie hadn't expected to be invited to a faculty Christmas party at any point during her career. She'd only met a few teachers, as she spent most of her time outside of the castle, but none had struck her as the kind of people who would embark of team-building activities such as a faculty holiday party. But she was invited and she, therefore, was expected to attend. Mackenzie was not one to let people down.

She arrived fashionably late, not because she meant to but because her clothes always seemed to magically misplace themselves twenty minutes before she should have been out the door, to the Leaky Cauldron wearing a red dress and black heels. When she arrived, she noticed Jake Newbury standing amongst three or so other men. She assumed they were all teachers, but the woman hadn't seen a majority of the faces before. She walked up to the bar-man and requested a fruited, holiday-esque drink. It was red and fizzy with a cranberry on a toothpick as a garnish.

"Good evening, men," She smiled, addressing no-one in particular. She wondered if she could go the entire evening without having to admit that she did not know anyone.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 10:35 am

"I hope she gets home. Christmas isn't Christmas without all the family." Jake insisted, genuinely meaning that. This would be the second Christmas without Veronika, but he was quite sure that with his parents, Victoria and the kids, it wouldn't be as bad as the previous year.

Andrei and Grayson seemed to have a book they were interested in talking about -- a subject Jake couldn't pretend to enjoy -- so he turned his attention away in time to see another member of staff heading their way. "Hey Andrew!" Jake greeted the Divination professor with a smile. The other man had definitely dressed down for the evening, but Jake admired that in him. Breaking from the conformity of the social event in good style.

"At least Clara was keen on you staying -- Ivan and Adrienne barely noticed me leaving because their aunt was giving them new toys!" Jake explained with a laugh. It had only been something small, but Jake was going to have to have a word with Victoria about the amount she spoiled his children -- so close to Christmas, too!

Jake's attention on that subject, however, was pulled away at the arrival of the Care of Magical Creatures professor. Now, Jake might have been a father now, but he could most certainly still appreciate the fairer sex when he was free of an evening. "Good evening, Mackenzie! You're looking most beautiful this evening, if I may say so." Jake complimented with a warm smile. It was wonderful, really, how one could change so much from the working environment to the social one.

"Has anyone seen the Headmistress?" Jake added, looking around for Ms. Goshawk.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 6:33 pm

Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Tenor

"Right here," Adelaide Goshawk called out, appearing at the top of the flight of stairs that separated the pub area from the rooms the establishment allowed people to utilize should they provide sufficient cash and identification. "I prefer to appear at the exact moment I'm needed."

It had been easier to simply book a room for the day then go through the hassle of greeting ready and then leaving for the small get together the headmistress had arranged for the staff, and as she descended the stairs in a festive but unaffiliated to any Hogwarts houses dress, the woman couldn't help but applaud her own decision. proper planning was everything.

"But by all means, feel free to eat and drink to your hearts content tonight. I was so upset upon hearing that other Heads of school never made it a point for staff members to come together as a team and let their hair down." The headmistress walked over the the bar, taking her place farthest away from Miss. Faucette so the females easily sandwiched all the male teachers between them.

Gesturing for the barkeep to bring her usual - the woman waited for her scotch to arrive, neat. Reaching out a pale arm, she took the first sip to indicate everyone should indulge themselves tonight, after all, the school was the one paying.

"I am truly glad you could all make it. In addition to getting to know everyone, I also have a bit of an announcement," she added, a teasing note in her voice. With that little nugget of information though she felt silent for a bit, letting the faculty members come to their own conclusions about why this little party was organised.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 am

Andrew nodded to Mackenzie respectfully before turning to respond to Jake. "Yes, well Clara's had a tough life. I think the only reason she stayed is because I told her She could come to work with me sometime soon." He sighed and accepted his beer from the barkeep, taking a swig and smiling. "That, and the pups stole her attention, giving me time to make a clean getaway." He chuckled and shook his head.

He turned his attention to the headmistress and grinned. She listened to her talk and watched as she sat down next to him. How lucky. He bowed his head slightly in a nod, "Well, glad you you invited us. Did you get a room here?" He gestured towards the stairs she had desended before taking a drink of his beer.

He smiled at her teasing manner and lifted one eyebrow. "Well come on now Ms. Goshawk, don't keep up waiting!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)   Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff) Empty

Back to top Go down

Staff Party (Hogwarts Staff)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next