Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) Empty
PostSubject: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 10:28 pm

Following her meeting with the Clement Lord and then her acceptance of the job of tutoring Mimosa in French, Michelle had gone home for a few days to talk it out with her father who had agreed with her on taking the offer; not because of what the connection would give her but because it would give her a chance to just generally see if tutoring was something that she would enjoy in the future. She had no doubt that she would enjoy tutoring Mimosa but that was only if the young girl would be open to the offer, she wasn't going to demand it, she was only going to mention it with an offer to the young witch. He also gave her the idea to not just stick to French but try and give Mimosa a wide variety of things.

It took her a few days before Michelle sent off an owl to Mimosa, refusing to use the phone or e-mail for this; despite the fact that she knew Mimosa had both, she knew that she'd need to get the girl started on the basic of things. Even though France was integrated with the Muggle world on some parts, she knew that there were still countries that used owls only and being a Clement ward Mimosa would need to know how to write letters by hand and not with a keyboard on a phone on a computer.

The two of them agreed to meet at one of the cafes' near to where Mimosa lived in the US; having not been there before yet, it had taken Michelle actually portkeying to America to find a place that was near enough for Mimosa to walk to without having anyone lead her there.

Making her way towards the cafe they had agreed to meet at, Michelle mentally prepared herself for the little spit-fire that was Mimosa Harrington. The girl had so much energy that even Michelle felt tired whenever she interacted with the young witch. But she knew that she'd have to slowly curb that energy in the witch, even though she probably had tutors it clearly didn't seem to work so Michelle would try and push that energy somewhere else other than making trouble for people.

Stepping onto the walkway towards the cafe, the witch patiently waited for Mimosa to arrive as well; and she would know when she did because she would literally be bowled over by the Clement ward. She would make these lessons be fun but at the same time serious, she doubted that Mimosa would enjoy just sitting down for hours on end and listening to her.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) 27226f10

November was coming to a close and Mimosa couldn't wait for the next month! December was arguably the second best month of the whole year. The best was of course August when it was her birthday. But December had Christmas so it came pretty close. Well, Christmas to some - the child internally corrected herself like she'd been taught to - Happy Holidays to others. Mimosa didn't exactly understand the difference but was happy to go along with it regardless.

Today, the child was dressed for warm weather because it was always warm in Carmel-by-the-Sea. When she had met Michelle all those months ago in Paris, she had wanted to be just as cool as the older witch so she'd been simply delighted when Michelle had written to her asking if she'd like lessons in things like French and how to be cool. The brunette had of course agreed and today was their first class. Unlike regular classes though, it would be at cool places instead of a stuffy old school.

So that day, the girl had waited impatiently as Clara helped her get dressed and then tugged on the older witch's arm all the way to the main road where Clara would be separating from the child to run her own errands. Mimosa was instructed to have her phone with her, her emergency cards with her and Clara was careful to take note of the cafe where Michelle would be waiting for Mimosa. in addition to that, the nine year old was instructed to text the moment she reached the French witch.

Mimosa had hurriedly nodded yes to all of it before almost skipping down their private beach and then out into the common area. The cafe was one where they'd eaten many family meals before and Mimosa could walk to it all alone but she wasn't allowed to cross the road by herself. So she arrived fifteen minutes later, bouncing on her feet at the cafe door, immediately spotting Michelle's golden head among the crowd.

"Michelle!!!" The little witch let out a loud squeal, making several patrons look up from their tables but Mimosa didn't notice. The girl simply threaded her way through the tables until she reached her new tutor, stopping suddenly as always to not cause too much impact upon her tiny frame from the incoming hug. When she was sure she would be okay, the child moved forwards and wrapped her arms around Michelle.

"You're here! I'm so glad to see you! Is this your first time in Carmel? Do you like it? How was your journey? Did you fly?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 am

Michelle was fairly aware that Mimosa had been looking forward to this day so the twenty-four-year-old witch had been ready for the moment when the small spit-fire of a child would attack her with a hug, though, like always, the brunette child stopped before she impacted. "Hello, there my little princess." The blond teased as she wrapped her arms around Mimosa's small shoulders, hugging the child close to her body and pressed a kiss to the top of Mimosa's head, marvelling at the fact that Mimosa was so glad to see her but then again the two of them had hit it off pretty much instantly when they met in France.

Blinking her eyes at the questions, the older witch chuckled and led Mimosa towards an empty table that she had booked ahead of time, softly asking a waiter to bring them some water before she focused back on Mimosa, her eyes soft as she watched the young Clement ward, her eyes flitting about to make sure that Mimosa hadn't been followed, not that she didn't trust Mimosa's guardians but one could never be sure after all. As soon as their water arrived, Michelle tapped her wand on the table to put up a slight repelling charm so that no-one unwanted would get the jump on them while they were talking. It was only tuned to people with bad intentions so it wouldn't stop the waiters from coming to collect their orders.

"Of course I'm here, I did promise to come didn't I?" The woman laughed and even though some of the reason was that she had been offered a chance by the Clement Lord to tutor Mimosa, most of it was because she had dearly missed Mimosa and even though letters and phone calls were all fine, seeing the brunette witch face to face was much better.

"I've never been in North America so yes, this is my first time here." The reply was swift. "It's a very beautiful place and maybe I'll buy myself an apartment here for when I decide to come on holiday. My journey was alright and no, I didn't fly. I took a portkey. Much quicker than flying and safer actually though I do prefer flying really seeing as portkey's make me sick to my stomach." Portkey's and she had never gotten along, no matter how many times she pretended to her mother.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 5:37 am

"Oh you don't need an apartment!" Mimosa chirped happily as they sat down and Michelle sent the waiter away for sum drinks. "You can come live in my house. We have lots and lots of space for all your stuff and you can sleep in my room. We cn have epic slumber parties!" The child could see it now, her and Michelle in matching PJs playing with Bear and all her other toys. "I'm sure Grandpa and Clara won't mind, I'm allowed to have friends over."

When Michelle confided that portkeys made ere sick, the little witch nodded. "Me too, I don't like them, they make my bones feel all funny." It was the main reason why she took planes everywhere, because she wasn't allowed to fly broomsticks on her own yet either. Being nine was not that great, now that she thought about it. But next year she would be ten and a proper grown up, she would be able to do everything then!

"How's everything in Paris? Or England? I keep hearing weird things in the news but I don't really watch it for long. Grandpa says something bad is going to happen. Do you know what it is?" Grown ups were confusing but Michelle always told her the truth. And if the blonde witch indeed knew what was on the news, then Mimosa wouldn't have to watch it, leaving the young witch more time for her cartoons.

"Oh and did you see the newspaper? There's a picture of you and my Jacques dancing at the ball, I saved it to show you." With that, the child pulled out a folded page from her shorts pocket and opened it on the table for Michelle to say. The black and white photograph depicted Jacques twirling Michelle beautifully as the witch smiled for the camera.

"There's one of me and him too, but that's not as pretty as yours."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:19 am

Michelle let a soft smile bloom on her lips as the short brunette quite happily told her that she would be able to live with her and her grandpa. Looking to the side, the young woman was quite sure that Mimosa's guardians would mind if she did live with them. "I'll think about it." She eventually decided with a soft laugh.

"They are probably the worst mode of transportation for me with the Knight Bus being a close second." The double-decker bus that witches and wizards used to travel when other forms were unavailable was so horrible that Michelle wouldn't have even wished that on her worst enemy but then again, people of the Magical world where weird like that so it's not like it was something new.

"Everything is alright," Michelle reassured the young pre-teen witch, a soft smile on her lips. Her eyes though were slightly dark as she thought on what was going on. She read the papers and watched the news and she wasn't exactly happy with what she found out. "You don't need to worry your pretty little head about anything for now Mimosa." She patted the young witch on the head.

"I did see it." Michelle took a hold of the clipping and looked at it, sighing softly. She wondered when her mother would contact her to question her about the picture. She knew that there would be an interrogation from her mother at least.

"The picture of you and Jacques is pretty as well." The blond-haired woman smiled.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 7:04 pm

"What a Night Bus?" Mimosa questioned, catching on to the term before realizing the context in which Michelle used it. To the child, it sounded like an awesome vehicle that only operated at night. It was probably like those party buses people took to Vegas, she assumed as she sipped her drink. "Aunt Scarlett once booked a whole party bus for Adam's birthday and i got to go on it. It was fun even if they had to make the whole thing all soft and bouncy so no one would get hurt. Adam leaned out of the window so far, he almost fell off!" The way she spoke of the boy clearly showed a great sense of admiration.

When the blonde witch assured her that there was nothing important going on in the world, Mimosa relaxed. Maybe other people were just silly getting worked up over nothing. If Michelle said there was nothing to worry about, the nine year old would believe her. "Okay," she grinned up at the French witch. "But if something important does happen, you have to tell me. I don't want to find out from the news, its really boring. And I don't like the papers, they don't even have good pictures." Well, except for the one she had just handed Michelle from the Halloween Ball bu that was different.

"Not as pretty as yours," Mimosa conceded because it was true. Mimosa was too short and Jacques had to dance with her on his feet. Michelle had long legs and her upper body was... The child wasn't really sure how Michelle made her upper torso so round and nice but maybe she would teach the young brunette one day. Maybe she could also teach Mimosa to be taller faster so the child could too look nice while dancing with her Jacques.

"What are we learning today?" she asked hopefully. Maybe today would be the all important lesson on how to look pretty but in a more grown up way. "Can we please please do something fun today, no books!"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 12:51 pm

"A Knight Bus," Michelle gently corrected the young witch. "Is a triple-decker bus that you can summon to take you anywhere. You just really have to raise your hand or wand up and the bus will appear to take you anywhere. It's... a bit dangerous but the easiest mode of transport if you can't portkey or apparate." The blond sipped on her water, watching the young girl in front of her and listening to her words. "You better not do that." The witch chided the brunette, just imagining the reaction she would have should Mimosa do something like that.

"I promise that if there's anything of importance I'll tell you." Michelle held up her pinky and grinned. "I pinky-promise you." She always kept her promises after all and really, if people hadn't wanted Mimosa to know stuff then they shouldn't have sat her in front of a TV. "No, papers rarely have good or pretty pictures in them." She laughed even as she looked down at the picture she had been given by Mimosa.

"It's very pretty," Michelle replied. "Because you can see just how much Jacques loves you." The woman's voice was wistful as she closed her eyes, remembering the picture that she had seen that morning in the paper. In the picture, you could see that Jacques was very fond of the young witch that was his parent's ward.

"How about I teach you some French, wouldn't you like to be able to talk with Jacques in French?" She offered. "And then I'll take you for ice-cream." She winked. Being aware that Mimosa didn't like books, Michelle had actually thought ahead and just decided to do the lesson verbally.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Mimosa took in all the new information, soaking it all like a sponge as she gazed adoringly up at Michelle. The blonde which was the coolest, she knew everything about everything in the world. Assured by the promise that Mimosa would be kept duly informed of all important happenings around the globe, the child promptly forgot the news and current events, instead nodding at Michelle's suggestion to start on a little bit of French.

"Maybe I can learn enough to surprise Jacques next summer?" she suggested excitedly. French couldn't be so hard to learn, she figured. People probably learned it in a week or so and Mimosa knew she was much smarter than most people. Grandpa always said so!

And so the next two hours were spent at the quaint cafe, eating snacks and practicing rudimentary french. In the span of their lesson, it dawned on the young witch that it might take her more than a week to be fluent in french, maybe even more than a whole long month. But Michelle was always cool, never yelled or tried to make Mimosa write anything down, simply teaching her pronunciation first. They ordered a plate of french fries while they worked and Michelle had to point out that the fries were not originally from France, just pretending.

Finally, when they were both too tired to go on any loner, the two said their goodbyes and hugged tight, promising to meet up again soon. After all, Michelle still had a lot to teach her!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)   Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun and games and lessons (Mimosa)
Page 1 of 1