Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

To Jacques, With Love

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 5:19 am

28th February, 2023

Jacques!

I am so sorry for replying late, every time I went to the Quill to start a letter, something came up. First it was Dia, she is also getting ready for her first year at Hogwarts but she wanted to do her shopping online so I had to show her how. Then my friend Adam came over from Mexico. He's going to the magical school there and he says I should have gone there instead of Hogwarts. He says that Salem Academy and Lux Institute are doing a joined Cinco de Mayo celebration and that he would have liked to take me as his date.  

I also wanted to take my boat out on a spin but grandpa says I'm not to go on it alone. How lame! Why have a boat when I can't even ride it? But I think he only said that for Clara's benefit, she's been a little off lately because she thinks I shouldn't be distracted with so much stuff before going off to Hogwarts. She's going to London with me and she's made it clear that other than my school supplies and my own owl, I'm not allowed to get anything else.

I told her I don't want anything but she just shook her head and then made me fold laundry. Do you know how hard clothes are to fold? I folded three shirts and then got tired and sat down, toppling over her stack of folded laundry. She had to do it all over again. But she likes doing it I think, she's always doing laundry.

Anyway, I was finally able to sneak away to write this to you. I turned down the ice cream commercial in the end. Clara called my agent this morning to tell him no. They spoke words I didn't understand. What does "getting shafted without loob" mean? I asked her but she won't tell me. She just glared at me and said I wasn't to use that word in front of anyone. She didn't even say which word. Shafted? Loob? Getting? She's strange sometimes.

Oh, and thank you for the my captain's hat! I've been wearing it for a week now, I even wore it to sleep once. I usually don't like hats but this on is perfect! Dia asked to borrow it for a few minutes but I didn't even give it to her. My hat from my Jacques!

I can't wait to get to London, I'll get to see Mercy hopefully if she can get out of school for a day or so. I miss her sooo much, I want to hug and squish her and then go on adventures with her. Maybe I'll see Charles too....

I sent him a Valentine's Day card but as usual, he didn't reply. Though he can't ignore me once I'm at Hogwarts! I'll make him tell me why he doesn't want to talk to me anymore! He has to give me a reason at least.

My medical results were fine, honestly you all just worry too much. I feel great, I haven't hurt myself in ages and I am always careful not to jump too much or run too fast or go banging into things. I want to try out for Quidditch when I'm at Hogwarts. I want to surprise Uncle Seb by making the team! Do you think that would be a good surprise?

Oh and I wrote Elenore a thank you note too, telling her how much I loved her card. i haven't gotten a reply yet but she's probably really busy and will write soon. Elenore always replies to letters because she is a Lady. I want to be just like her when I grow up!

How is your new friend? Do you guys hang out a lot? Are you gong to bring her to the palace this summer?

Love,
Mimosa

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm

14th March 2023

Dear Mimosa,

No worries for the 'late' reply, Mimosa. That's the joy of letters, you don't have to be timely with a response. Unlike that silly technology you play with that tells people when you've seen messages, when you were last online, and just... invades your privacy. I'm sounding too much like Maman and Papa...

Sounds like you had quite the ordeal to deal with. I don't know much about the Mexican school, nor Salem. But, I know Hogwarts is one of the best schools, second only to Beauxbatons, of course. Online shopping for Hogwarts? Didn't know that was a thing!

A date?

I have no idea how to fold clothes, Mimosa! That's a job for our staff, I've never folded a piece of clothing in my life! Don't tell anyone that, though, apparently it's quite a normal thing to do, but I can't!

Whomever said that sentence needs... It's not a very nice phrase, and Clara is quite right, do not repeat that ever again. I'll explain when you're older -- say, fifteen -- but until then, you don't need to know what that means. And, do not, whatever you do, put that in to your phone search. I will know.

I'm glad you liked the hat, I think the words were in diamonds -- keep it safe! And, you'll get plenty of time to go on your boat. You'll have to invite your friends over to go out on it!

You'll get to spend lots of time with Mercy, Dia and Charles next year, so don't push them too much about things at the moment. Patience, my Mimosa!

We don't worry too much! We love you very much, and just want to know you're doing okay! I'm glad they went good. Quidditch? Which position were you thinking? I'm not sure whether your Grandpa will be too keen on the idea... Nor, Papa, in truth. Quidditch is a very physical game, as you know, and you might get hurt. But... I'll have a look in to some really good Quidditch pads, specially commissioned, so that you can play. I think Sebastian will like that, too.

Elenore will reply, I'm sure! Likely she's busy with her school work. Though, don't worry, I wrote her a Valentine's Day letter -- to make sure she got more than one card -- and she hasn't replied to me, either!

Why do you want to be like Elenore? Be like Maman, Maman is a much better lady than Elenore!

My friend is good, she was quite taken with your Valentine's Day card when she saw it on my desk. We've hung out a number of times. She's in a few of my extra-curricular activity groups, so we get to see each other quite often.

She won't be coming to the Palace, no, she and Maman... wouldn't see eye to eye. So, this is our little secret, okay? Not a word, not even to Elenore!

Have you made a list of things we need to do this summer, yet? I've started one, but I want to get your input too!

Yours,

Jacques

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 am

18th March, 2023

Dear Jacques!

The house is a mess. I'm flying to London tonight and Clara thinks we need to bring the entire house with us. i told her we could just get whatever we needed there but she doesn't listen to common sense. Why would we carry bags all across the countries when we can just buy whatever we want there? Anyway, our plane lands around nine in the morning at He-Throw Airport and we're staying at the Tipton Hotel. Grandpa says its the closest habitable place to Diagon Alley.

We'll only be staying for a week or so, he says, until our new home is finally finished. I'm not sure what that means, is the house only half now? But Grandpa says the next time we're in the U.K, we'll finally have our own place. I don't want my own place there, I like my home here with the beach and my boat and my room and Bear!

Anyway, will you be able to come and see us? I know you're really busy and but you did say "we will see" so is it time to see yet? Please please please meet us somewhere, we can go out to dinner. My treat! You can even bring your friend along if you like. And I won't tell anyone about her, don't worry. I'm really good at keeping secrets! Like the other day Adam said he saw a girl changing in the bathroom but he said not to tell anyone and I haven't told a single soul!

And yes, a date. It's like going out with someone to a party or dinner I think. I've been on dinner dates with Grandpa before but his dates are always boring and whoever he meets always ends up talking about work. I usually order more dessert to make up for it. Adam is almost twelve years old and really smart, and he says he will introduce me to all his friends at Lux. He says he has a girlfriend too but I've never seen her so maybe I'll see her at the Cinco de Mayo party.

Oooooooh special Quidditch gear! I'm going to tell Elenore! I'm sure she'd love it if I played for my house team! Actually, do you think I should tell her now or would it be better to surprise her by making the team and then showing up at her room in full uniform? She'll be so happy! And I want to be like her because I love her big much! I love Grandmere too but maybe I can be like Grandmere when I'm older, right now I'd like to be like Elenore!

I did make a list! This year I want to finally complete the maze at the palace no matter how long it takes. I'm not scared of the tall hedges anymore and I think I know the directions now so i won't get lost. I'm the only one of the three of us who hasn't completed that maze but that will change this summer!

I also want to help give one of those palace tours with Grandmere. She lets me come along on them when she's telling the visitors all about the palace but this time I want to help too. It might also help me understand the Clement history more. Oh and I want to go horseback riding with Grandpere. i can't sit like Gradmere and Elenore do in their pretty dresses but if I sit with Grandpere, he holds me so I can sit on the side and won't fall.

You can write to me at the Tipton after tonight, or better yet come see me there! Clara would also like to see you but I'm not sure if she's still mad at you or really misses you. i think it's both. I really miss you though!

Love,
Mimosa

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 8:33 am

31st March 2023

Dear Mimosa,

It was great to see you last week, little one! (And, before you deny that you're little, compared to me, you are little!) I think I did the right thing in bringing the chef with a range of food for Clara -- her eyes seemed to dim from the angry when she saw that, and, of course, the fresh bouquet of wild flowers was just the icing on the cake, don't you think?

I was lucky to get off with just a light admonishment for all those cards, but at least Clara is no longer mad with me. I don't like it when people are mad at me!

Did you enjoy the surprise? I figured you'd love it much more if you didn't know I was coming to pick you up -- and I don't think I was wrong? I must say I've never walked around London eating like we did yesterday, quite the new experience! But, I know you enjoyed yourself lots, so that's all that matters. I still haven't got that ketchup stain out of my shirt! Thank Merlin I had my jacket to cover it up afterwards!

What did you think to Hamley's and Harrods?

Anyway, back to your previous letter!

As we discussed, you shouldn't tell anyone any secrets -- Adam won't be happy knowing you've told me about his unfortunate accident with the young lady and the bathroom. Make sure you don't tell anyone else, I would't want him to get mad with my Mimosa! And, the same with my secret, not a soul!

I think you're a little too young for dates with boys at the moment. Maybe wait until you're a little bit older. Boys in and around your age have these things called 'cooties', which means if you spend too much time with them, you get 'cooties' too. I don't know what they are, but they're not good, from what I gather. Maybe you can go on a date with Mercy, instead? That would be much cooler!

Elenore would love the surprise much more -- will you be trying out in your first year? Not many people get on the house team in their first year! You didn't say which position you were thinking of playing -- given that any thought? Or, are you still trying to decide which you might like the most?

Ah, the Dehlientelle, yes, all Clements must learn to find the middle of the Dehlientelle, it is a must. I'll come with you, make sure you don't get lost. You'll love the middle of the maze, it's very pretty!

You can ask Maman about the tours, though you might have to listen to a couple before you can aid her, you need to know your facts! I'm sure Maman will let you help, though, she doesn't like saying no to any of us.

Riding is a definite yes, Papa will help you, of course, but I think it's about time you learned to ride by yourself. You are, after all, almost an adult, remember?

I might be a little slower in my next reply, I have my end of year exams starting soon, and a number of study groups I'll be helping with. Lots of my peers are struggling with the curriculum, and the professor suggested I lead some of the group study sessions. Maman is proud of that, but I find it something of a drain on my time.

Let me know everything going on your end when you can!

Yours,

Jacques

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 7:22 pm

4th April, 2023

Jacques!

The surprise was perfect. Was Clara in on it? Or Grandpa? Because I was sad throughout the flight thinking you didn't have time to see me and then you were at the airport! With flowers! I know you meant them for Clara but they're mine now! I kept them and will keep them until they die! Clara says they're charmed to last a while longer so now they're in my room, just by my bed. Grandpa got weird when he saw them there, he said my room is no stranger to seeing things grow. I don't know what that means.

Have you managed to get the ketchup stain out now? If not, you should send your shirt here and Clara can wash it for you. She can get any stain out and she loves doing laundry. She always has a pile of laundry in her arms. I also drop a lot of food on my clothes when I'm eating and walking at the same time and Clara makes them all nice and clean again.

I loved visiting all those places, and thank you for all my gifts! I think I have everything now to start the new school year. It's goign to be so boring now until June just waiting here. I have no work and I don't have to go anywhere either. Grandpa says I should take the opportunity to double my lessons with Michelle but classes are no the only thing i wan to do in that time. I can't wait for Uncles Seb and Aiden's wedding, they said I could be Flower Girl in Chief so i can practice for that!

What age should I be before I'm old enough to date? When did you go on your first date?

All the summer activities sound really really fun, and I promise to learn as hard as I can to give the tours along with Grandmere. Maybe we can get Elenore to come with us too-

Oh on, my Qluill Borke, wirte ltaer!

Lvoe,
Mimaos

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 7:38 pm

30th April 2023

Dear Mimosa,

Please find with this note a number of Dicta-Quills (in pink, of course) for you. I figured having one simply wasn't enough, so here you go! The silly broken quill made you write like someone silly!

No, no, I didn't tell anybody the surprise. I wanted to make sure that you definitely wouldn't know I was going to be there! You stole Clara's flowers? Mimosa, they were for your Godmother in apology! Now I am going to have to get her something else! Maybe...

I don't know what your grandpa meant by that, and I don't think I want to know! Take good care of your flowers, I hear they're quite rare, some of them.

My shirt went off to the Palace to be cleaned. I don't know whether the stain will come out, or whether the staff will simply replace the shirt with another. It doesn't much matter, I have more than enough shirts in my wardrobe to be used instead. And, I don't think Clara would like washing my shirts very much, but thank you for offering her services!

Only boring people get bored, Mimosa. Remember that!

Lessons with Michelle are a good idea, but you need to have some fun too. Definitely practice for the wedding, the day will be important, you don't want to get it wrong! Chief Flower Girl? That's a big responsibility. You will definitely need to practice for that role!

Dates? I've... never been on one. As the future Lord Clement, I have to make sure I don't do anything untoward. You see, for me, I can't just 'date' someone. I'd have to court them, with the intention of marriage. And, as of yet, I haven't found anyone I'd like to marry.

As for you, I think sixteen, or maybe even seventeen, will be the best time to even start to think about dating. You need to enjoy school, first!

I'm really sorry this letter was slow, I've been super with exams (I'm half way through) and other things.

Just over a month now, and you'll be at the Palace. I'm really looking forward to your stay!

Have you been watching the news, about the International Confederation of Witches and Wizards and their Summit? Maman and Papa will be attending -- so they won't be at the Palace for a week. If you don't know, I'll send you some things to read, so that we can talk about it when you're here.

Yours,

Jacques

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 5:35 pm

4th May, 2023

Dear Jacques,

Thank you for all the quills, now I'll never have to run out. Yeah, they made my writing look silly...

I love how the new ones you sent come in different styles and fonts, I was getting very tired of the old one! Maybe it's a good thing it broke. I haven't tested all the ones you got me but its going to be exciting to see all the new handwriting. Oh and Clara was almost mad when she saw another package but I told her it was just school supplies. Just some extra quills. She calmed down, she has been really worried about my shopping lately and I didn't want to alarm her anymore.

Mercy and I have been getting ready for the wedding over here. It's only just a month away and we haven't even begun coordinating. Of course that's because this is Mercy's exam month so i don't want to bother her. After her papers, we can coordinate outfits and stuff. I already have my dress from last September when I bought it with Uncle Seb. I will make sure to take lots of pictures to send to you and the palace!

You've never been on a date? Clara, why are you snorting? Sorry, Clara just walked into the room and heard me dictate that, but she's leaving because she knows about privacy, right Clara?

Okay, she left. But she was still quietly laughing. i don't know why. Also, does dating have to lead to marriage? if so, I don't want to date. At least not until I find someone who loves me like my Uncle Aiden loves my Uncle Seb, than maybe getting married is okay? But I don't know, if I wanted a party with a pretty dress on, I could just have a party. Why do people get married? Grandpa and Clara didn't. But Grandmere and Grandpere did...? What makes people want to do it? Will you or Elenore be getting married soon...?

I heard a little bit about the news, something about a bunch of people going to the Virgin Islands or something. Grandpa had the news on the other day and it was really boring so I made him switch to my cartoons! I watched a really old show called My little Pony!

Love
Mimosa

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 1:09 pm

15th May 2023

Dear Mimosa,

I'm having a quick break from my studying -- wish me luck in my first year exams?

Glad you got the quills -- I see you found the ones that write in pink, too! Thought you'd appreciate a variation of colours, and fonts!

I'm looking forward to the pictures! Will Mercy be wearing a dress this times? Ladies shouldn't be dressing like gentlemen now, should they? I'm sure you'll both look fantastic in your coordinated dresses. Elenore will understand that better, though, make sure you send her a picture too.

Not all dating leads to marriage, no. The Clements are just very different to everyone else. Dating around would not be good for our image, so we're not to enter in to a courtship (another word for dating) unless were... rather sure of what we're doing. After all, duty comes before self in the Clement house.

There are lots and lots of reasons for getting married. But, I think for you, you should only get married if you love the other person. You don't have to get married, though, remember that. As for Elenore and I... Elenore will probably be wed before me. It's complicated, I'll explain over the summer.

You should really try to listen to a little bit of the news, Mimosa. Just a little bit, so that you know what's going on in the world.

I don't know if I'll have time to write to you again before the end of the month, and in case I get super busy before hand, good luck with the wedding! I'll see you on the eleventh!

Yours,

Jacques

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 am

24th May, 2023

Dear Jacques,

The very very very very very bestest of luck for your exams. You can have all my luck too, I don't really need it and if it helps you, you can have everyone's luck! You will do great in your exams, Grandmere says you always do. Even Elenore says you're perfect and you know she doesn't say that about many people.

Speaking of exams, Mercy just got done with hers and now she's super excited for the wedding too. We've been texting a bunch lately and I'm trying no to panic that she doesn't have an outfit yet but her mom is cool and I'm sure she'll find something. I thought Mercy would wear a dress but I don't think she wants to. She says dresses get in the way of her running. I don't know how because I love dresses and I run fine in them. But I'm sure she will look amazing in whatever she wears. After Uncles Seb and Aiden, we will be the best dressed couple there!

Dating and marriage sound confusing. Maybe I'll just date Mercy to make things easier, she wouldn't force me to get married to her and I wouldn't force her either. Problem solved!

I tried listening to the news like you asked but there was nothing fun on it. Just some random people talking about a decision in the Caribbeans. I've been to the Caribbeans a few times on photo shoots and it isn't interesting at all. I can't imagine anything important happening there. The lady on TV was screaming about how someone named Ng was going to kill us all but I don't think she's right. I don't know anyone named Ng so how can they kill me?

I don't like the yelling so I switched channels to cartoons again. Do you know what they were talking about on the news? If you tell me, I can tell you what happened in the cartoon I watched!

Oh no, I'll be sad if you don't write. but I understand, and its okay, I'll write to Elenore if you're busy. She always loves hearing from me and if Mercy's done with exams, Elenore is sure to be done with them too! That's right, I'll go write her a letter right now. She hasn't seen my new owl named Owl yet, I bet she'll love him! And I can tell her all about my new quills! And I'm sure she'd like to know about the wedding plans I have with Mercy. I'll send her pictures too! She'd love to see Mercy and I all dressed up!

Take care of yourself, I love you biiiiiig much!

Love
Mimosa

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

To Jacques, With Love
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2