Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Uninterrupted Tea Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Uninterrupted Tea Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Uninterrupted Tea Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Uninterrupted Tea Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Uninterrupted Tea Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Uninterrupted Tea

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am

Bethany stood in the shop looking over the different teas that could be had to purchase to drink, yet was not in line. Not yet. At the moment she wasn't quite sure which she wanted to choose from. There were just too many to make up her mind so she chose one at random and moved to stand in line. While she slowly made her way towards the counter, her gaze roamed the shop as well as the street outside while she could see out it. Inwardly she wanted to sigh and allow nerves to take her and just leave the shop, her mind mentally asking her sanity if it was on vacation. The other part of her mind argued that it wasn't a date, so it wasn't like she should be nervous. This was just tea with...a possible friend. Their talk had been interrupted and this was just to make up for it. There was nothing wrong with that.

Sighing, she gave the person at the counter a smile that was only half forced as she ordered a sweet and spicy tea. Paying, she went and after collecting her tea, went to a table, setting her bag down at the base of the chair. Inside were a couple of gifts she'd picked up for her son.

A fingernail tapped at her cup as she let her thoughts wander until she was aware of someone sitting across from her. Coming back to reality, she gave the man a genuine smile. "So, you made it."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Uninterrupted Tea 600full-bernardo-velasco

As promised, Adrián had contacted Bethany for drinks, leaving the witch a note of his mobile number for when she next arrived at the Hospital. A text had come soon after, and Adrián had agreed to meet Bethany at a tea shop in Diagon Alley. After their date -- or whatever you wished to call it -- had been arranged, Adrián hadn't texted Bethany, it seemed to impersonal to try to get to know her more through that method of communication.

On the day of their meeting, Adrián had changed in to a pair of jeans and a shirt that he'd rolled the sleeves up on. A casual look, without looking underdressed, because he didn't want to play this off as a big deal and have it blow up in his face.

Arriving at the shop just before the agreed time, Adrián spotted Bethany in a booth, drink already in hand. Ordering himself a simple tea -- he didn't like to besmirch tea in the same manner he did coffee -- the Healer waited for his cup before moving to sit with Bethany.

"Hey! Sorry if I'm a little late, accident at work meant I had to go home and shower before heading here. But," He glanced at his phone to check the time. "I think I just made it." With that, Adrián proceeded to place his phone face down on the side of the table, showing without saying that the witch had his full attention.

"So, how have you been? I really am sorry our coffee got interrupted, but... that's the joy of my job." Adrián apologised most sincerely once more, because he had felt rather guilty in running off like he had.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Bethany had wondered what Adrian would look like outside of his scrubs. It hadn't been because she'd wanted to check him out, but scrubs hardly flattered anyone. Yet, Adrian had been able to pull off the look as if they were his ever day clothing, which in a sense she supposed they were. Much like her teaching robes. She always shucked those as soon as classes were over though.

"You're right on time actually," she smiled. She'd gotten here early to scope the shop out. She'd never really been to a tea cafe before. There was also the fact that she wanted to get her shopping done first since she had no idea how long this would take. It had been quite awhile since she'd actually gone out and relaxed with people that weren't family. And it wasn't like Bethany was watching the clock either.

Waving off the apology, she sat a bit straighter unconsciously leaning in as she asked with concern, "Accident? Everything okay?"

She'd seen some of the 'accidents' that happened and were brought into St. Mungo's so she thought she had every reason to be concerned. Obviously whatever had happened wasn't serious enough to have Adrian cancel or become injured from what she could see. And he was still able to joke about which she liked and could appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 5:41 pm

The smile that came after the insistence he wasn't late was one that Adrián returned with his own smile a moment later. "I'm glad." Adrián replied softly to that statement, being late was not something Adrián would like to be, for anyone, so he could relax now.

As Bethany leaned in upon hearing of an accident, Adrián waved it away. "Nothing serious. I was dealing with a very distressed patient, and they decided that the potion that I was trying to administer would look much better all over me." Adrián explained with a wry smile. "Thankfully, the potion was one that only works effectively when consumed, so the fact it went all over my clothes and arms didn't matter."

Hopefully that would settle the witch before him, because he really didn't want to overshadow the date with something so dull as a spilled potion.

"But, anyways, where were we when we last met?" Adrián asked, playfully trying to remember the moment with an overly made up thoughtful face. He was hoping it hadn't just been him that remembered the time, but he wouldn't blame Bethany if she'd forgotten, it had been weeks ago, and she probably had a lot of things going on between then and now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 pm

"Ah," she said knowingly with a teasing lilt. "a stubborn customer. Didn't like your chocolate potion, hmmm?"

Her eyes danced merrily as she tried to keep from laughing at the image it conjured up. Sounded like someone had a tantrum. It didn't have to be a child, she knew geriatric patients that were like that too. It seemed once you declined in years you returned to the state you did as a child; temperament and all.

Leaning back against the seat, she considered his question and bit her lip to keep from replying with a one liner about it had been at the hospital. Internally sighing, she thought she really needed a vacation from her brothers. She really did need to get out and about with other people more. "Well, you wanted to know about me and I was trying how to answer you," she truthfully replied.

She had thought about it too and that was another reason she had gone shopping before hand. Taking her hand from her cup she bent down to reach into her bag and pulled out a box. Setting it on the table she showed it to him and asked, "What do you think? Is this too gruesome for an impressionable eight year old?"

The box contained a reusable hangman from Wizard Weasley Wheezes. She hadn't even considered how morbid the game was even on paper until she'd been exposed to one of these as a child at Hogwarts. Still, it was something everyone played at least once in their life right? It was just like someone to capitalize on something like that. While she still found it a bit strange, it wasn't as shocking and thought that her son might like it. Or hate it. It really was a coin toss with him sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 7:08 pm

The question of his patient not liking the chocolate potion he'd whipped up on numerous occasions made Adrián let out a soft laugh. He was glad the conversation from their last meeting had left an impression. "I wish I could put it down to my awful potion making. Alas, it was not the flavour that had set the patient off. You see, I had to put him in to a small sleep, and I'd thought my usual explanation -- calm and gentle, but being as open with the child as I could without terrifying him -- would have worked, unfortunately, the boy thought I was going to put him to sleep forever, and began to panic uncontrollably, and threw the potion instead over me."

Adrián made a small show of actively 'trying' to remember the conversation, before his features lit up upon remembering it. "Ah, yes, and I got called away just as you were about to tell me all about you." Adrián added to his remembrance of the situation. Of course, that was his fault, and he'd hoped Bethany wouldn't hold it against him in any manner. It was, after all, his job to look after the children on the ward.

When Bethany pulled out a toy and set it before Adrián, asking if he thought it to be suitable for an eight year old, it went without saying that Adrián looked to the witch with a mildly questioning look. It was hangman, not a game uncommon with children, but this version was much different to the version played on paper. Adrián paused for a moment, considering the question, and the game. "I think that would depend on the child's current toys. If this is something they would enjoy, but not be frightened of... I don't think so. It's not... too gory, I believe? So it's not as bad as we might think..." Adrián commented, though he wasn't overly sure, in truth.

"Who..." Adrián began to ask who the toy was for, before finding the question impertinent, and deciding to wave it away. "I think it'll be a good present, yes." He settled with, not really knowing what else to say in that moment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 am

Bethany had raised a brow at the man's comment but didn't reply since she could have told him that some children reacted differently. And telling a child, especially a muggle born child that...they probably associated being put to sleep like one would a beloved pet. That was poor phrasing, but she was sure that Adrian had learned from that particular mistake.

Well, the healer wanted to know a bit about her, this was the most significant thing about her. So, she was testing him and she watched the natural confusion on the man's face from her 'random' question. While she was amused at his answer, and his obvious wanting to know but then deciding just to answer the question, she gave in and sated, "Its for my son, Jack. I really never know how he'll react to things at times."

She wondered if that was typical of children since she couldn't really remember being that young. Or if it was just a boy versus girl thing. Or it was entirely possible that it was his grandparents' influence.

Knowing the possible next question, she smiled a bit bitterly to inform the other, "I've been widowed for four years." It would have come up eventually. And as soon as you brought up having a kid the natural follow up always seemed to be about the child's father.

"So," she curiously asked. "What about you? Any little Adrián's running about?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 5:58 pm

The answer of Bethany having a child brought a brief look of surprise to Adrián's features -- but it was not a look of surprise many men might have had in the manner it would like 'Ah, shit', it was a look that said 'oh, that's interesting!' -- before a smile touched his lips. "You have a son." Adrián kind-of echoed a moment later, catching himself with not having replied to that sooner. Adrián loved children, so to him this was never going to be an issue in any person he met, but he was glad that Bethany felt so comfortable as to tell him that much.

"I'm sure, though, if you think Jack will like it, he really will. Mamá's usually know their children the best." Adrián said with an air of certainty, thinking to his sister briefly, before pushing those ideas away, now was not the time to think of Luciana.

Adrián's mind had moved to the next question that came with there being a child, and he was about to ask -- just playing on the wording -- before Bethany asked him as if she'd been reading his mind. The smile on his lips faded, and Adrián felt a small knot in his stomach. Compassion was something the Spaniard had always been so very good with. "I'm... really sorry to hear that, Bethany." Adrián told her softly, giving a small, yet sad, smile to show he meant that.

Whilst hitting on a taken woman was completely out of bounds, and would have had Adrián rushing out of the door with an apology for potentially stepping on another man's toes, the idea of a widowed woman sitting before him brought him in to unfamiliar territory. He'd never met a widowed woman before, but that did not mean he was going to be turned away.

They could see how this went, and then go from there.

At the question of him, Adrián smiled before shaking his head with a little laugh. "I am afraid not." Adrián replied. "Though, one day, I hope to have my own children. One day." He added, making it quite clear where he stood on that point. Many men might not have liked to talk so openly about children, but Adrián was quite sure of what he wanted in the world.

"And, there is no Señora García, either. Or a potential Señora." Adrián added, seeing as Bethany had clarified for him earlier, it seemed only fair that he do the same.

"So, Jack will be attending Hogwarts in two years... or three?" Adrián asked, his Spanish accent not quite pronouncing Hogwarts right, but he'd made a valiant effort at the word, no less.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 6:34 am

The look on the man's face when Bethany had dropped her bombshell spoke volumes and raised her estimation of him in her books. While she knew that he liked children and wasn't a front put on at the hospital, it was different when you were thinking of getting closer to someone. Whether it was as friends or could lead to more, she wanted to be upfront. Making a noncommittal noise when he said about how mother's usually knew their children she knew that sometimes it couldn't be further from the truth. Yet, she believed that knowing your children took effort and you had to have a connection with them

While she was willing to tell him about her son, she wasn't quite ready to talk about the boy's father. She and Adrián were there yet. So she just accepted it the way one was supposed to and then let it pass to focus on other things. Which was why she'd asked him about if he had any kids because she knew that he must have had a lot of women have their sights set on him likely from the end of his teens onward. There were plenty of St. Mungo's workers who liked to chat about him.

Raising her brows in disbelief at his answers. She could understand not having kids, some men were careful. Yet, that he wasn't already seeing someone and wanted kids one day? She couldn't help the amused smile that spread across her face. Putting the toy back in the bag and picking up her cup she shook her head. "Glad I didn't bet on that," she muttered.

Giving him a curious looks she affirmed, "Yes, in three years. He's eight. Three years is a long time though and he might not want to go to Hogwarts, but attend the school his father did." Pausing she furrowed her brow then stated half sure, "Sorry, but you didn't attend Hogwarts did you?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 pm

There was a moment of awkwardness, as Adrián apologised for the news of her becoming a widow, and Bethany's lack of response to his words. Whilst he understood she might be uncomfortable hearing the apology, Adrián couldn't find a topic to land on. Instead, the Healer brought his tea up to his lips and sipped it lightly, averting his eyes for the moment.

It was, quite simply, one of those topics that always killed an atmosphere, and though Adrián had tried not to let that happen with his comment, he knew that it was something of an elephant in the room too.

However, as he went on to explain both the lack of children in his life, and the fact he was single, Adrián couldn't help the laugh that escaped him as Bethany mumbled about being glad she hadn't bet on that outcome. He couldn't help it, the idea that she would bet on such a thing was amusing. "I believe... and I mean this in the most humble of manners, but many young ladies believe the same thing when I tell them." Adrián explained, using the term 'young ladies' with a moment of hesitation. He meant it in a polite manner, a sign of respect, and for a moment, he had stuttered over those words, his accent growing stronger in the briefest of instances as he tried to muster the right word.

"Where did Jack's father go to school?" Adrián asked curiously at the vague form of information that Bethany had given him. He was interested to know, wondering if her son was of mixed races, or just mixed nationality. Both would be interesting, and it would open up -- possibly -- more avenues for conversation between the two of them.

At the question of his own school, a small sad smile touched Adrián's features. "No, I didn't go to Hogwarts, I went to Lugarmago Institute of Magic, in Spain." Adrián explained. "However, it burned down shortly after I graduated, so the Spanish students now attend Beauxbatons." Adrián explained in case Bethany was not aware of the history of Spain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uninterrupted Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uninterrupted Tea   Uninterrupted Tea Empty

Back to top Go down

Uninterrupted Tea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Nine (2022-23)-
Jump to: