Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Better in Time (Clarinda)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 3:04 am

Dearest Clarinda,

I apologize for this short letter, but it seems that I have a guest coming to my office. I had completely forgotten.  She seems displeased with her grades and who am I to not give her a platform to speak of?

In terms of dinner plans, the time sounds splendid. I'll bring the wine. As for allergies, I'd prefer to avoid seafood is possible, but I'll take anything you make.

Best~

Myce

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 5:48 am

Dear Mycroft,

I will keep that in mind.

I do hope you do not mind, but my daughter will not be able to make it, after all. A class has come up on the weekend that she needs to attend. I understand if this changes your mind; let me know.

Love,
Clarinda.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 5:52 am

Dear Clarinda,

Dinner at your place was very charming, and I am grateful for you opening the door of your home to a virtual stranger. I too wish to invite you and your daughters to the Holmes Estate. I know that it will be a perfect time during winter. Paris is quite a vision, but even moreso in winter. Please let me know when our family can properly host you.

My sister will be more than happy to meet a proper healer.

Thank you,

Mycroft.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:06 am

Dear Mycroft,

You are always welcome to come by for a meal, if you so wish. Consider my house a safe haven, for you and your family. My husband's charms still remain strong; he taught me how to recast them each month, and the counter to take them down. Nothing can penetrate my home unless I wish them to. I understand that your house would have similar safety protocols, but if you ever need somewhere safe to go that would be hard to guess, my house is open.

Thank you for the invite. I am uncertain if Lux would wish to go; she needs time alone to deal with her father's passing. However, Serenity and I are free the entire winter break. Let us know when is good for you.

I would love to meet your sister. My offer for a tour of St. Mungo's is always open.

Love,
Clarinda.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:30 am

Dear Clarinda,

That was always something that I meant to ask you as I went to visit. I did worry that despite what had occurred, there would still be someone in the world that meant harm to your family. By no means do I mean that I assume that there are people out there wishing to harm you. No, I only wish...perhaps I should re-write all of this as I find myself to be rambling.

What I mean to say is that if you should need protection aside from the classic charms and hexes please let me know. Perhaps some herbs around the area for protection? I do not know but if I think of something I will make sure to send it to you.

In regards to being invited to your come you are too kind. The warmth from you was a genuine one and I truly appreciate it. I shall perhaps see you before my birthday.

Best,

Mycroft

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:43 am

Dear Mycroft,

I thank you for your concern. Do not worry; you are not the only one with this concern, and I have had numerous visits from aurors who have once worked with my husband, and I am told my safeword is still in play. (If I or my daughters are ever in trouble, we but speak a single word and a team of aurors will be at our immediate location in seconds.)

I appreciate your offer, and thank you for it.

Let me know when is convinient for you. If you want anything, too, let me know. I have included a loaf of sourdough. I found myself with some downtime and a desire to bake, but there is only so much bread I can eat by myself. I hope you enjoy it.

Love,
Clarinda.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:46 am

Dear Clarinda,

I hope you do not take insult as I say this, but you remind me of my mother. By that I mean that you are the way I briefly remember my mother. She was kind and domestic such as yourself and in my fondest of fantasies she would bake to my siblings and myself. Your bread though is far superior than anything that had been conjured by my mind.

I say this now as I wipe crumbs from this letter. I am fond of any bread especially if I am grading, it goes perfect with a glass of wine. In turn, I send you some desserts from Paris. My grand-mere sends a kilo of these my way every month and there are only so much sweets a man like myself should have.

Best,

Mycroft

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 7:24 am

Dear Mycroft,

I take being compared to a Holmes very highly. Thank you for that compliment. I'm also glad you enjoyed the bread; had I known sooner, I would have sent you more. I shall remember this in my future attempts, and always make extra for you.

If it is wine you enjoy, I must send you some of the cheese bread one of the Healer's taught me to make. It has thick chunks of fresh Australian cheese inside, perfect with red wine. The next time I bake one, I shall send a loaf your way.

Thank you for the desserts; they were delicious.

How is school treating you? It has been a while since I last inquired.

Love,
Clarinda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better in Time (Clarinda)    Better in Time (Clarinda)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Better in Time (Clarinda)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2