Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) Empty
PostSubject: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 3:12 pm

The events since the summer had made it quite clear to Jacques now that the original manner in which they'd thought of dealing with the whole escapade of Elenore's had not been right. The agreement he'd made with his Maman to not tell his Papa of what Elenore had said to Mimosa had kept Jacques from bringing it up within the Palace in fear of being overheard, and that, in turn, had allowed things to escalate in a manner that was not acceptable.

With his Maman and Papa heading out to Italy, Greece and Cyprus, Jacques had not had the time to discuss with his Maman, and the situation had gotten worse.

Elenore's second bout of anger was no better than the first. With their Maman out of the country, and much too busy with Clement affairs, Jacques had made a decision. One he hoped that his Maman would not disapprove of when he told her upon her return to France.

The letter to Clara Kent had been short, but Jacques knew that if he would get anyone in to action, without a back and forth of who could aid Mimosa the best, then it would have to be through Mimosa's godmother that Jacques discussed the move forward. So, without consulting his Maman -- an act that left an uneasy feeling in Jacques' stomach -- Jacques had arranged to meet the woman.

It was early November by the time Jacques could get away from the UK to fit with Clara's dates, though he knew nothing would happen until Mimosa came home for the holidays. The change from the coldness of the UK to the warmth of Carmel wasn't the most comfortable for Jacques, but he ignored it as he steadied himself after the long distance apparating to the Harrington's Home. Whether Mr Harrington would be home, Jacques couldn't be sure. He did not like the man, in truth, but unlike his Papa, Jacques hid this fact well, and played amicably to the man when they were in the same room.

A light knock on the door announced Jacques arrival to their home, a bouquet of sunflowers and some wild flowers had been made up by the staff for him so that he did not arrive empty handed at the House. Now, all he could do was take a steadying breath in the moment before he was going to have to convince Mimosa's Godmother that they had to work together to help Mimosa.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 3:42 pm

A normal person may have been surprised by Jacques' somewhat cryptic letter requesting a meeting but Clara was not normal. For one thing, she knew the Clements and was very familiar with the over the top intrigue they insisted on introducing in every situation. Why couldn't an occasion just be that with the family? Why did it have to involve a thousand horses and polished men and some kind of elaborate changing of the guards ceremony?

And for another, the middle aged psychic had already had a vision of the young Frenchman greeting her with her favorite kind of flowers at her doorstep. A bit of a spoiler but also something to look forwards to. The short witch had to admit, Jacques was her favorite Clement by far, as courteous as his father and with no snooty attitude towards her home like his mother.

So Clara had written back with a convenient date and now, as the doorbell rang, she answered with a cheerful smile all ready on her face. Her freshly cut hair barely grazed the shoulders of her blue tank top and a belt with several silver bells tinkled merrily attached to her long, flowy, tie dyed skirt. Large silver hoops and heavy eyeliner completed the look, the fang mark tattoos on the side of her throat out on open display for the first time in years.

"Well if it isn't the most handsome man I've seen all fall," she laughed, greeting him with a warm hug and taking the flowers off his hands. There were no fancy servants here, she had to get these in water herself. "Why don't you follow me to the kitchen, dear? I have some leftover lasagna from last night, I can pop it into the microwave while we chat?"

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 4:21 pm

The door opened quite quickly, and Jacques' features grew up in to a warm smile upon seeing Clara. The Seer was quite... changed since the last time Jacques had seen her, though, the hair cut and the -- what Jacques would call -- outlandish attire actually suited the witch. For the first time, he took note of the tattoo on her neck with mild surprise.

Thankfully, though, the witch had pulled him in to a hug before he could try to think of something to say. His free arm wrapped around the older witch, embracing her as warmly as he always did. The Seer, after all, had never hurt his Maman or his Papa, so the woman could not be faulted for her choice of living partner.

"You have been having a very boring Autumn season then?" Jacques replied to her compliment -- Jacques did not need the ego boost like so many others. The deflection was not of discomfort, but of jest, because Clara had set the ball rolling. "I do like your new look, though, I must admit." The Frenchman added as she took the flowers from his arms. It wasn't a lie, either, he liked it on Clara, and it would probably be a look he would only ever like on the woman before him. But that didn't mean it was a bad thing.

Following the older witch in to the kitchen -- of all the places Clara Kent would pick, it would be the monstrously, horribly modern design of a room that Jacques had a deep distaste for. Still, it was her home, not his, and nothing was comparable to the Palace of Versailles.

"Lasagna sounds delightful, thank you." The Clement heir replied to the offer, only just imagining the horror on his Maman's features of being fed not only left overs, but also having them warmed through in a microwave oven, instead of being heated through in the real oven once more. But, Jacques reflected, that was not something his Maman ever needed to know about.

As Clara busied herself with the plants, Jacques took up one of the bar stools at the counter, watching the woman work for a few moments, and then taking in the hovel the Harrington's called home. He would never get used to the horrible modern building, and it's 'artistic' style of furnishings.

"Is Mr Harrington at home?" Jacques asked, looking in the direction he knew to be the studio. He hoped the answer would be no, this was important, and Kenneth Harrington was not of the calmest sensibilities.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 4:37 pm

When Jacques complimented her looks, the psychic couldn't resists a twirl, sending all the bells of her belt tinkling at once as her bare feet spun on the marble flooring. "Gotta keep up with the young ones of today," she chimed, her vocalic an additional cheery bell in the mix. Leading the way to the kitchen, the witch found a modern cut narrow crystal vase shaped more like an extra large champagne flute than a container of flowers. Filling the thin crystal cylinder with water, she slowly began to pull apart the bouquet, rearranging it into the vase without losing any of its beauty.  

"So how's everyone doing at that fancy castle of yours?' she asked, making conversation as the flower arrangement was beautifully reconstructed in its new container. "Do you guys have monogrammed toiler paper yet or are you deciding to slum it?" Knowing she would never get away with her brand of humor was his father here instead, Clara was enjoying every moment of talking to the most mild mannered Clement.  

"And no, Mr. Harrington isn't home," she answered, moving the the ridge and taking out a cardboard take out dish containing the half a lasagna she had promised. Transferring the cold, congealed food to a plate, Clara made sure to get the sauce in with her fingers before patting the lump of food down and inserting it in the microwave.  "A bunch of anorexic models decided to do a party shoot at one of the nude beaches in Bondi and Mr. Harrington was out of here with his camera faster than you could stay "strip". He'll be back in a week or so but I doubt you're here to see him kiddo."

Just as she finished, the microwave beeped, announcing the lasagna ready.

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 5:02 pm

To say that Clara was from another planet might have been mean. But in Jacques world, that was exactly what the woman was. The smile on his lips as she moved -- causing much too much noise with the bells on her belt -- was not one he had to force in to place, it was one that sat easily for Jacques as he watched the strange woman continue on through the house as if this was perfectly ordinary for her.

Opening the button on his suit jacket once he was comfortable, Jacques shook his head slightly at the question of the 'castle'. "The Palace," Jacques replied, gently correcting her statement because a castle and a palace were two very different kinds of building. "Is currently unoccupied." Jacques replied to the question. "Save for Grandpere and Grandmere, of course. Maman and Papa are visiting... Cyprus at the moment. They've just moved on from Greece. They're doing really well, though, from what I can tell. And, Elenore..." There was an obvious hesitation, in which Jacques tried to work out the right word. "Elenore is doing well with her studies, as always. How are things here?" Jacques asked, motioning to the house at large.

The joke made Jacques give a soft laugh. "Haven't you heard? We've now got two kinds. The black edition, and the white edition. Depending on your favoured side of the Clement family tree." The young heir joked back with Clara. Before his Maman and Papa, toilet humour, as it were, would not be tolerated. But, when trying to win people over, it was better to play with their own humour. After all, Jacques needed Clara on side, and if joking about the toilet paper was the way to do so, Jacques could play that game.

Finding Kit to not be home made Jacques relax slightly. But it was only momentarily as Jacques watched Clara extract... a plastic box from the fridge, and unceremoniously dump it on a plate. Dump was exactly the word for the congealed mess that slopped on to the plate, only made worse as Clara used her fingers to push the last little bits out on to the plate. This, Jacques knew, was definitely not something he would ever be discussing with his Maman.

Years of lessons was what kept the disgust from Jacques' features. The lessons kept him from looking down on the woman, and his expressions stayed quite polite as she put it in the Muggle machine before discussing Kit's whereabouts.

Crudeness was one of Clara's specialities, too, and it showed as she explained without a second thought that Kenneth Harrington was enjoying young models, not wearing very much -- if anything -- for the next week. Under the premise of his photography. So long as Mimosa doesn't see it. Jacques thought to himself as a ping went off signalling the food to be ready.

"You're quite right, I'm not here to see Mr. Harrington. I'm here to speak to the one person I know I can count on." Jacques explained. Neither one of them would have to pretend, in a moment's time, that they didn't know of the animosity between both of their families, for that much Jacques was thankful for in Clara's company.

"You see... We -- or rather, Elenore -- have come across something of a... difficulty." Jacques explained, careful in his wording now. "Over the summer, we found out that Mimosa... we think Mimosa might have trouble reading. What I mean to say is, we don't think this is just a late bloomer kind of difficulty, but rather something much more serious. Something like... dyslexia."

There was a pause in that moment, because Jacques wasn't sure if Clara would get upset with him, or whether she would be able to process the information.

"I'm here to ask you to help, not me, but Mimosa."

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 5:17 pm

The news of Lord and Lady Hoity Toidy off on their bazillionth honeymoon didn't really surprise Clara. What did make her stop on her way to the microwave was the pause that came before Elenore's name. As a psychic, you learned to see what was to come. As a decent, empathetic human being, you saw the cues that were right in front of your face.  

"Are you sure your sister's alright?" she asked, trying to sound casual even as images of some chocolate dessert dropping into a cauldron accosted her. The witch clewed her eyes, not now. But her gift didn't work like that. Standing in front of the munchies, Clara pretended to exam it, her back turned to Jacques as her eyes remained closed. An image of a man she didn't know popped up, telling her that her creation was superficial at best, that it wasn't love.

The long beep of the microwave brought her back to the kitchen, making her open the machine hurriedly before it beeped again. The lump of food was now warm enough, the congealed oil rolling over the pasta and beef sauce. Reaching for a plastic fork, she dug it into the mess and brought the plate to her guest.

"Sorry kiddo, I spaced out. What were you saying about Dyslexia? And how am I helping Mimosa? Is she being a brat again?"

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 5:45 pm

"Of course she's okay." Jacques replied, trying to sound as certain as possible in that moment, even though he knew better. She had a small bump this term, but she's settled back down." He tried to amend, not wishing to go down the avenue of how the Clements had found out about Mimosa's condition.

But the reality of the situation was quite the opposite. Jacques was quite worried about his sister. Where his initial response had been anger at how she'd treated Mimosa, now it was concern. Mimosa was resilient, but Elenore...

He pushed the thoughts away, in favour of taking in the food that had just been put before him. Repulsive would have been too delicate a word for the slop that had just been put before Jacques. He'd seen nicer food put before the homeless in the summer. Still, this was America, he reflected. It wasn't as if the did anything with standards in this country. "Thank you, Clara, this looks wonderful." Jacques said, outwardly looking like he meant it whilst internally he dreaded picking up the plastic spoon he'd been presented with.

"No, no!" Jacques shook his head, trying to spear some of the lasagna with some kind of grace. But it wasn't successful. "Do you have a knife, please?" He asked, buying a little bit of time.

"I was saying," Jacques continued, managing to get a forkful of the slop Clara had given him on to the fork, but not yet bringing it up to eat. "Elenore, and the rest of us, have noticed that Mimosa is struggling with her reading. More than struggling, actually... We think she might be have some form of dyslexia. And, I need your help to... to get her tested.

"I'm asking you because... well, Mr Harrington and Papa..." Jacques said, trailing off because he didn't wish to go in to details on that. As he finished, Jacques brought the first mouthful of the food up and cleared the fork carefully. It took a couple of chews, and a mountain of will, to finally swallow the foul excuse for food. Merlin what did they put Mimosa through when she was here?

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 6:14 pm

While the explanation of Elenore's little "bump" (was the child pregnant?) didn't do much to satisfy Clara, she was amused enough watching Jacques struggle with his spoon and fork to not ask further. He would tell in good time if he wanted to. Truth be told, he was a good kid. How he'd came out of that palace was a mystery but he really was a good kid.

"Sure," she chirped, getting up to fetch him one of the sharper cutting knives to go along with his plastic spoon and fork. "Careful there, don't lick that one," she warned, placing it in front of him. "It's my fruit knife. Well, my spare fruit knife, my real fruit knife is somewhere in the wash..." She felt silent however as he began to talk about Mimosa and her reading aptitude.

Anyone who knew Mimosa knew how much the child detested reading or writing, but Clara had simply seen it as a dislike, like laundry, or cleaning up, or being sensible. She had never considered the possibility of it being an actual problem. All merriment vanished from her face, deep lines of concern forming on her forehead.

"Are you sure? I mean, I know the kid's a brat about doing things she dislikes and reading is definitely one of them... But do we know if it's an actual disorder or just Mimosa and being herself?" Maybe Elenroe was wrong? Or had caught Mimosa in a bad mood.

Flash, an image of a girl running away from a decorated hall as everyone cheered, a silver dagger in pale, trembling fingers... Thinking about Elenore wasn't helping.

"You dd right to come to me," she assured him, idly scoping up some of the sauce with index her finger and inserting it into her mouth thoughtfully. "Those two would probably just whip it out and joust with it to see who's the better man, and that won't help Mimosa any."

Last edited by Mimosa Harrington on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 7:08 pm

The overly sharp knife that Jacques was handed was over the top, but the Frenchman made use of it as he did his best with such a measly meal. Thankfully the stay was only going to be temporary, because Jacques doubted very much that this excuse for food was going to stay down for very long.

And the idea of licking his knife?

Merlin's beard.

The question of his certainty on the subject was one that Jacques took a moment -- pretending to be enjoying the lasagna to gain himself a moment more. Though, that was brought short as Clara stuck her finger in the food and sucked the sauce from her finger. Had the woman been thirty years younger, Jacques might have mistaken it for a gesture of a sexual nature that would have made his skin crawl, but with Clara, it simply put him off touching that side of the plate. Not that he'd particularly wanted the food in the first place, but alas, he had set off down that road.

"This... is my point." Jacques replied. "I think we need to get a professional to attempt it. You see... Mimosa wrote to Elenore without the aid of her quills, and Elenore suggested Mimosa jumbled things up. Then, another time, her quill malfunctioned whilst writing to myself. I had initially wrote it off to the broken quill, but I have a feeling Mimosa might have written it herself. Then, for Mimosa's birthday, I took her in to the Dehlientelle, playing a reading game to test her reading. I'm not expert in the field, Clara, but I do genuinely believe that Mimosa's current reading and writing abilities are being hindered by some form of dyslexia.

"If we don't try to resolve it... I fear that she's going to be left behind by her class mates." Jacques explained, not quite meeting the older witch's eye in that moment. Unlike any other time, or any other person, Jacques statement was completely truthful. He was not worried about the Clement name or image with Mimosa's condition, the young witch's well being, her happiness, was what was important to him right now.

He'd let her down too much already.

"I don't think there's a contest for the better man." Jacques replied, not hostile in that moment. A show between a Clement and a Harrington would only ever have one winner, but his Papa was a fool for believing otherwise. And, Jacques was not interested in the feud between the two men. A feud that had never, ever made sense.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 am

Her former good cheer all but forgotten, Clara was now in what she called her "mom mode". Had she been given a choice in the matter, Clara was certain she would have never chosen to be a mother, but that didn't mean she wasn't capable of a mother's force love and resilience. Mom mode, the witch had learned, came as soon as you became responsible for a child, whether of your own violations or fate forcing it upon you.

"Yes, I suppose a test would be the best thing, even if to eliminate the possibility of a disorder..." she agreed, speaking more to herself than the boy siting opposite her.

"The kiddo will be home for Christmas, I can take her to an education specialist down in LA. She's due for a doctor's appointment anyway so we can make a detour." The plans she made were barely above a whisper but she had no time to worry if he would be listening. Clara was certain the tests would only eliminate the possibility of dyslexia and just prove what she already knew - that Mimosa was just, as they'd started terming it, "Mimsical" when it came to thongs she didn't particularly enjoy.

Jacques' comment on contests for the better man brought her back to the kitchen, a soft, genuine smile lighting up her kind face. "There is, my dear. And what's more, it's set and judged by women. I truly hope you pass yours when it comes for you."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)   No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara) Empty

Back to top Go down

No More Turning a Blind Eye (Clara)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next