Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Empty
PostSubject: Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)    Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 6:46 am

Following rules was very important if one was to be a good child. And while she was a big rule follower, Tess could not help but break the one rule her father explicitly told her. ’Tess Marie, you will sit this ball out.’ When she had asked as to why she would be missing the ball, her father had made it perfectly simple. Since you never managed to properly get yourself a husband, it makes sense to keep you from their sight. It’s best to get the interest going as to where you are. She had even found herself arguing that she needed to attend for Ellie, only for her father to finish with a simple. “Let your brothers shine for this very night. The rest of the time you’re always in the spotlight.”

That had brought a scoff from her mouth that had immediately ended with a slap across her cheek. That had immediately ended that sort of conversation. She knew her father felt guilty after putting his hands on her. Especially when her cheek had been so red. Her face was easily marred by the smallest thing and he had even attempted to caress her only for her to flinch.

It had then been easy to ask for independence for her seventeenth birthday. Her brothers had sided with her once they had seen her cheek and she was allowed to rush off with Delia. The trip itself had been amazing. She had met a nice boy, who showed her the corals; she had acted like actual teenagers which had been a brand new experience.

Yet it was the night before Christmas eve when she found herself stopping at a small shop. Cordelia had been going on and on about what she was going to buy for Matteo for Christmas and even maybe something for Jesse. Yet Tess wasn’t really listening.

Instead she found herself staring at a specific item and smiled softly. ’What are you doing? Cordelia asked her, but Tess rushed off knowing she had found the item she was looking for. It was at the end of the night that she found herself staring at the moon high over Anacapri.

Cordelia and Matteo had gone out dancing and despite their insistence she refused to attend. It was only when she was alone that she allowed herself to properly mull this over. The thought of having Elenore think she did not care for the ball made her sad. Her father had made it very clear to not show her face…but. Looking over at her closer she knew what she had to do.

Her father had ensured she would not get a proper gown for the ball. So as she had packed her things she never thought that a proper dress was needed in the heat of Italy. But she had bought one simple dress after the night out they had experience. It was loose and a blue dress. Too flowy to be seen as formal and yet…well it was the best she had.

Shuffling into it she found herself slipping one proper shoes before making sure to grab what she needed to give. Sure, she was not listening to her father…but she would make sure her face would not be seen either.

Apparating to the ball and been simple enough. As scary as it was, she found herself walking amongst muggles with a tight coat before slipping through the veil. The introductions were not needed and she found herself going to the back towards the gardens. A small hummingbird was transfigured making it clear that it was only to find the one French witch that Tess cared about. Now all she had to do was wait.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)    Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 am

The Ball had had all the grandeur that was expected of the Clements. Elenore's mind had been put to rest -- momentarily, and only due to the fact she had been too busy -- with her arrival home, and the lack of presence from Mimosa. She'd been home almost a week now, and the excitement of a large, Pureblood event. Elenore had always thrived off of the buzz of these events, and tonight had been no different.

The use of a number of different languages had been keeping on her toes all evening, Italian for her cousins from Rome. Spanish with the families from Barcelona, and even a little Russian as Jacques had introduced her to the family he'd spent time with earlier in the evening.

She'd been grateful to go back to French upon the arrival of the Holmes brothers, in truth. Though, her heart had plunged upon not seeing Tess. Mycroft had given an excuse for her best friend's lack of attendance, and though the smile on the young witch's features remained in place as she was reacquainted with Winston Holmes, the young witch had wished for Tess Marie instead.

Still, a hostess could not wallow in her own self-pity. No, instead Elenore had been asked to dance by the second Holmes' son. Had the young witch been a fly on the wall, she would have seen the larger than necessary smile upon her lips after being asked to dance by Winston. But she had not.

By the time the two had finished gracing the dancefloor, Elenore's head felt light. Winston had been an excellent dance partner. It had flowed flawlessly, despite them never having danced together before. When the song had finished, Elenore had excused herself politely -- Maman would never approve of her staying with one set of guests longer than any other -- and moved on to the next.

It continued for a while, until Elenore noticed a Hummingbird loitering in her eye line. But, not just any hummingbird...

"Excuse me for a moment, Madamoiselle," Elenore replied to the witch from Portugal that had just finished the conversation and stood in an awkward middle ground for the next. With the pleasantries finished, Elenore glanced over her shoulder, checking that her Maman, Papa and Jacques didn't notice, before she swept from the Ballroom, feet moving quickly to follow the transfigured bird, out in to the gardens where a light snow touched the grounds.

Away from the party of the masses, until.

"Tess!" The younger witch greeted, happier than she'd been in months to see the witch as she hurried over and hugged the older witch. "I didn't think you were coming! Mycroft said you wouldn't be here..." The Hufflepuff explained, a light shining of tears on her features because she was so mightily relieved.

And then she took in the warm glow. The added colour to Tess' skin...

"You've been away?"

Elenore's Dress & Hair Style
Elenore's Jewelry

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3

Last edited by Elenore Clement on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)    Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 6:40 am

Waiting patiently, she found herself murmuring a warming charm and held her coat tightly around her, If Tess was perfectly honest she was very self-conscious about the fact that she was so underdressed for such a beautiful gala. On a usual night like this, she would find herself wearing a ballgown, intricate and looking like a porcelain doll, but this was not the case.

For a brief moment she wondered if Elenore would be horrified to see her in such a simple dress, but her choices were so limited. Yet as she heard someone coming towards her, she tensed wondering if someone had found her; instead, she found herself smiling brightly as the person she was waiting for had arrived.

There was no gaze of judgment from her friend, but rather a happy greeting and a tight hug. As she hugged her back she pulled away and marveled at how pretty her friend looked. It was natural for her to look so regal.

"Ellie you look so lovely" she cooed.

Though the mention of her brothers, Tess looked a little shy at what she was doing. "I...I wasn't supposed to be here if I can be honest." a meek smile rose. "Papa wished that all eyes would be on Winston...and to be honest I hope they were. But I figured while I couldn't enjoy the ball, at least I could see my favorite person."

"You've been away?"

Nodding softly, she wondered if the sea breeze was clear and the sunbeams were easy. "I've been in Capri for my birthday" she explained. "But how are you my friend?"

Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)    Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 7:48 pm

The compliment from Tess brought a warm smile from Elenore. Of course she looked amazing, in front of the world, she could never look less than amazing, for fear of disappointing her family, and possibly bringing the Clements a bad name. No, of that much Elenore was not going to be guilty, that, she had known for a long time, was the role of Mimosa.

"You look..." Elenore started, pausing in that moment as she tried so very hard to think of something nice. But, deciding that she and Tess were close enough to go with the truth, Elenore let out a soft chuckle. "You look like you've just walked in off of the beach." Elenore replied, her tone showing she meant no harm, because they both knew Tess was vastly under dressed in that moment.

The explanation as to why Tess had not been allowed to the Ball brought the smallest trace of a frown to Elenore's features in that moment. Only a moment. "Your Papa has the funniest of ideas. But, I can assure you... Winston is shining brightly in there." Elenore insisted, hoping to ease Tess' concerns over her brother's limelight in that moment.

"Capri?" Elenore echoed, curiosity peaking. "Your family have had business with the Valentinos?" She added, her recall of the Italian family quite prominent. Whilst not the closest of people to the Clements, Elenore knew of them, and there was no one else on the island of Capri that Elenore could think of a good reason to head there. Unless, of course, the Holmes' had recently purchased a holiday home upon the island... but Elenore didn't think that likely.

"This evening? I am wonderful! You know I love these events. You're missing out on all the dancing, Tess! It's been so magical!" Elenore gushed. The younger witch had always been in her element at the Balls, always happy to dance with whichever young man asked for a dance from her. There was always the slight glance towards her Papa, waiting for him to incline his head in agreement, before she accepted, moving to the floor in a glide before she fell in to step. Tonight had been no different.

"Tell me more of Capri, though." Elenore insisted, because both of them knew of the Ball still waltzing on in the background.

OOC: Edited Elenore's outfit in, because I'm useless and forgot!

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)    Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 5:22 am

As Elenore tentatively tried to compliment her on her outfit, she tried not to be too amused. Yes she did not look as dressed up as she wanted, but if she was perfectly honest, she felt relaxed and beautiful in her own way.

"It's because I have Ellie" she said softly. She moved her loose curls behind her head and grinned a bit shyly. She felt different since her vacation; for one thing she wore no makeup, had no shame in her imperfections and sort of took it in stride. It was perhaps the sunshine, the sea breeze or the company that had relaxed her considerably. "I've spent time in the island looking at the corals, the views...the sunlight and sunset are to die for." she trailed off a bit.

As Elenore explained how Winston was behaving, she was not surprised. The her brother was always charming enough and warm enough to entice people to love him. Of the three siblings he was the easiest to love. Not only was he handsome, but he had the semblance of charm and normalcy, something that the other two lacked. She tried not to be a bit self-conscious about it, but despite the neglect, she was glad he was back.

At the question for attending Capri...she found herself a bit flushed. What would she tell Elenore? 'I guilted by father into letting me take a vacation without supervision after he slapped me for being disobedient? Not an ideal explanation. Even with the mention of the Valentinos she would not find herself saying much about that. "Of you know...best method to distract from a ball is a vacation. Papa said some sun would do me well"

Thankfully as the conversation went back into the ball, Tess laughed happy to see her friend rave about the evening. It was a good look on Ellie, one of pure joy and excitement. While she was never comfortable in a large crowd, Ellie was the opposite. And it showed at the mention of dancing. "I've always been to shy to dance Ellie, you know that" she looked down a bit shyly.

Even more so as the conversation went back to Capri. She found herself smiling fondly. "Well the people are very nice; so friendly and always willing to lend a hand. I've done a bit more demure sort of things...such as hiking, swimming, and doing more active events that simply laying there. You can tell from the tan" she laughed. "You know how I am around water...I've been at peace. But I wanted to come because...I don't want you to think I would purposely miss it"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)    Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hearts of Glass (Elenore -Clement Ball)
Page 1 of 1