Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Current Plot
January 2024

Winter Classes:

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» Global Citizenship - Lesson 2
by Dominique Greene Yesterday at 1:22 pm

» Some candy for you (Dominique)
by Sasha Denver Yesterday at 12:46 pm

» You Kept This From Me?!? (Kit & Jake)
by Jake Newbury Yesterday at 7:02 am

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
by Jake Newbury Yesterday at 6:07 am

» Ozskar C. Tryouts & Practice Thread (Mimosa)
by Ozskar Cserepes Yesterday at 5:15 am

Unanswered Open Threads

Share | 

A Prospective Alliance (Louis)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grayson Hughes

Birthday : 1988-04-15
Job/hobbies : Librarian

PostSubject: A Prospective Alliance (Louis)   Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:09 am

25 September, 2023

To the esteemed Lord Clement,

These are troubling times, and I understand if I am probably the last person with whom you should like to associate yourself. I hope, however, that the circumstances which the both of us are facing have somehow put you in a position to empathize with my current situation.

The past two months have been hectic, to say the least. As if what happened in the Caymans was not devastating enough by itself, the aftermath has prolonged this nightmare for everyone in the Canadian Ministry. I confess, I meant to reach out to you sooner, but have been unable to set aside the time to think properly, let alone compose a letter.

I think, however, that you must understand, at least to a degree, for my country was not the only one implicated in the events of that night. Although it seems that Canada has taken the brunt of the blame, there remains the fact that Ms. Oswald's body was placed quite conspicuously near your ship.

I do not mean to suggest that you had anything to do with it. In fact, quite the opposite. I believe, as do my fiancé, and my good friend the Minister, that the fact that any suspicion at all was laid upon you is evidence enough to believe that you are innocent. I sincerely hope that you can see the same of me.

In the words of my fiancé, anyone crafty enough to orchestrate such a plot would hardly leave behind such blatant evidence against themselves. It stands to reason then, that the only ones who can truly be free of suspicion are those who have been implicated by the evidence.

The next question, then, is who among the remaining suspects would have sufficient reason to cast the blame on us? To answer this, I require your own knowledge and expertise--you know far better than I who your enemies are.

You are, as of now, the only house I trust. I hope that you can understand my position, and I seek now to enlist your aid in the endeavor to clear both of our names of the accusations laid against us.

With sincerest gratitude, and hopes of further correspondence,

Lucien L. Lamarck
Mayor of Ottawa

Grayson Hughes || 35 || Librarian || Traveler

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult

Birthday : 1973-05-29

PostSubject: Re: A Prospective Alliance (Louis)   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:57 am

1st October 2023

Monsieur Lamarck,

Thank you for your recent letter in respect of the Summit, we have read over the information within your letters a number of times in the last couple of days, which has left both the Lady Clement and I with a number of questions to be raised.

Your words have been nothing short of reserved, cautious and careful upon the subject, ensuring that you do not cause offence to our house. We would implore you to understand that neither one of us will take offence, after all, we know that no blame resides over our house, despite the best efforts of many to sully our name.

The Lady Clement and I would disagree with the idea of blatant evidence being put in front of the perpetrators of the crimes upon the island. In truth, it would be the cleverest route. Until proven innocent, Monsieur Lamarck, every delegate at the Summit will be under scrutiny for the crimes. Though, you're quite correct, the Clements, and France, were not the guilty party in the murder of the British Minister, or Madamoiselle Oswald.

Enemies. In the world of politics, as you're quite aware, anyone who does not share the same values as yourself will make enemies of you. But, we would not suggest shortening the list to such things right now. Truly, the Clements have yet to find the culprit of the terror of the evening, but that does not mean that we have stopped our own searches.

House Clement can offer you aid, Monsieur Lamarck, but in return we would need complete openness with your country. We will need access to all your files on the evening, access to Madamoiselle Oswald's body, anything you have collected in your own efforts to clear your name. But, also, freedom to come and go within your country without the necessary checks that are usually enforced upon both our family members and our staff.

We understand the above is a point in which you could not grant our family on your own. This will need to be taken to the Minister, and the Ministry of Canada at large. We will, therefore, wait patiently for your reply in order that you can secure our terms.

Yours faithfully,

Lord & Lady Clement

~ Lord Clement ~ Profile ~ 50 ~

Thank you to the amazing Ruby for the signatures! <3

Last edited by Louis Clement on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A Prospective Alliance (Louis)
Page 1 of 1