Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} Empty
PostSubject: Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings}   Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 7:28 pm

The frustration the boy was feeling was mounting the more his failure kept taunting him. Why wasn't his mouse doing what he wanted? All he seemed to be doing was giving the thing exercise. While he knew that a bit of exercise wasn't bad for the mouse, maybe it would tire out and stay still! But he was sure nothing was wrong with the creature which meant the fault lay with him. That was unacceptable. He'd even rechecked the alphabet three times over to be sure he hadn't overlooked anything!

Gaspard's mouth turned down as did his brows as he almost allowed himself to vent. It wasn't as if he had anything in his life that would be causing his magic to act up. He'd already ruled that out. Emotional was out as well. The only emotion he was feeling at the moment was frustration creeping up on anger at himself for not being able to do this simple spell. There were no doubts in his mind that would cloud his thinking process. It wasn't a matter of if but when he would get this spell down. It was that latter part that worried him.

Sighing, the twelve year old glared at the mouse despite it not being at fault. Picking up the creature with his free hand, he allowed it to start walking about and even traipsing up his arm. "What am I doing wrong?" He stated aloud before giving into a rare urge and allowing his head to hit the desk in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings}   Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 3:20 am

People parted in the hallways as Janet walked. No, not because they respected her or anything, just because she was paying no attention to where she was going, her head buried in the book she was reading.

As she bumped into the fifth person in the last hour, she scowled and decided she better find somewhere to read that she wouldn't bump into people. The idea of the commons room or her chambers sounded too loud, and the library sounded too stuffy, so instead, she walked into a classroom at random.

As soon as she walked in she saw a boy, several years younger than her, thump his head down onto the desk he sat at. "Oh, sorry I... you really shouldn't do that, it seems like it must've hurt. Are you ok? What's wrong?" She didn't know the boy but felt like she should help him. She had felt the frustrating urge to do exactly what he had done just then many times, and there may be some way she could help.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings}   Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 4:00 am

Wrapped up in his angst, the boy hadn't realized he'd had company until the voice spoke which had him whirl to face her and nearly unsettled the mouse. His left hand had tightened on the wand but he relaxed it and blinked at the older student with suspicion and confusion. "No, I'm fine." He finally stated in regards to his head. He hadn't been hitting it with sufficient for to do any real damage not even the slightest bruising. However, at being told what he should or in this case, shouldn't be doing, irked the twelve year old.

She was an older student though. Chewing on his lip, he considered her before he gave in and plucked the mouse off his left shoulder with his right hand. Holding it up he gave a resigned look at the mouse. It took him a few tries to get out, "It won't change into a snuffbox."

His mouth tasted sour and he dind't like the fact that he had to ask for help. While he had no issue with asking his parents or other people that were experts in their fields questions, it rankled him that he had to ask a student. It didn't matter that they were an upperclassman and likely knew more than he did. For him, intelligence didn't come with age as had been proven by many he'd met.

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong," he finally got out with a scowl and braced himself for any mocking.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings}   Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 5:26 am

The boy seemed grumpy, responding with a mere I'm fine. Janet didn't leave, however, for she knew, at least with herself, when she said "I'm fine" she usually wasn't. Of course, it was possible that was just her, and with that thought, didn't move any more than to step in and close the door behind her. She could see the annoyance on his face and raised her hands in surrender. "I'm just saying."

As the boy held up the mouse Janet nodded. "I see, that makes sense. Yes, transfiguration can be tricky. I know it was one of the things I struggled with when I first started. Would you like some help? I could honestly use some practice, so you would be doing me a favor." She grinned at him and moved a little closer. "My name is Janet by the way. I'm the Slytherin Prefect."

As he stated he didn't know what he was doing wrong the older girl thought for a moment. "Well, on the verge of sounding condescending which I in no way mean to be," She said quickly, feeling the boy likely wouldn't respond well to that, seeing as how he already didn't like her, "Are you sure you have the pronunciation correct?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings}   Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings} Empty

Back to top Go down

Emotional Componet?! {Janet Shinings}
Page 1 of 1