Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) Empty
PostSubject: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Yoshi Sohma was dead.

The news had caught Azalea Harrington like a particularly nasty gust of wind as she had heard two Ravenclaws talking about it in hushed tones as the American witch was passing. Perhaps they had noted the way her face had paled at the mention of the Hufflepuff dying, or they had just been scared to be caught talking of it in front of someone who was, technically speaking, a teacher. Whatever the reason, it hadn't stopped her from stumbling and reaching out for the nearest thing to hold for support, keeping her frame upright.

The Nightshade couldn't even remember the last thing she had said to him....

A note to the school's mediwizard, Mr. Connington, revealed that Mr. Sohma had gotten himself into a sticky situation - a curse unique in its nature had been used on the boy and while the mediwizard had done his best to heal them and put the boy on blood replenishers, his body hadn't been strong enough in the end. The boy had died three weeks after being brought in due to his own cell's lacking regenerative power that no potion or medicine could aid him in. As Mr. Connigton had concluded sadly, no magic could stave off death.

The man had thought Azalea was a friend, he had been more than kind. And the last thing Azalea had told the Hufflepuff was something along the lines of "leave me alone". It stabbed at her to not remember the exact words now that Yoshi was gone.

Professor Daniels had noticed the look on her face, forcing her to sit down and talk about it. Apparently it was common knowledge at Hogwarts that Yoshi had been a little smitten with her - something Azalea had not even considered until the Ravenclaw Head told her so. And while the witch didn't regret telling him to stay away, it didn't mean his death was any easier to bear. Death, Azalea had confessed to the Defense teacher, was becoming an all too frequent visitor in her life this year. The man had only smiled sadly and replied that it was usually the case as you grew up.

Azalea had made a decision then. She may not have been able to do something about Yoshi's death but she could figure out where the curse he had used had originated from. And in order to do that, a trip to the Hospital Wing was in order to see Mr. Connington in person. The girl had been surprised to see little Louise Grey there too, apparently asleep. When the brunette had asked the wizard why the Slytherin was there, he had explained that she had been brought in the same night as Mr. Sohma and was being kept sedated due to shock. Even if the school refused to acknowledge it, the mediwizard was of the opinion that Louise had probably seen what had happened to Yoshi.

"Poor thing keeps muttering her boyfriend's name in her sleep. Though he hasn't been to see her. Not that I'm surprised Ms. Harrington, eleven year olds and their fickle relationships."

The idea of Louise having a boyfriend was almost as surprising as the fact that the curse on Yoshi was, after all, not as unique as Mr. Connigton first suggested. Had it been used about a month and a half before it had, the suspects might have been narrowed down to the few who knew how to wield it but Professor Holmes seemed to have popularized it by teaching it to students as young as first years in his dueling lessons.

Almost giving up, the witch had thanked Mr. Connington for his time and had bent over little Louise one last time to brush a lock of brown hair off the girl's forehead when she had heard it.

"Josh... No..."

"There she goes again, calling for him."

"But Sir, Josh..." Azalea had caught herself at that point, knowing this was not for the mediwizard's ears. Josh Murray was not Louise Grey's boyfriend, she knew that much.

The trip to the Headmaster's office had been a blur as a thousand and one thoughts whirled through her mind, all spewing out of her mouth as a patient Professor Aulis listened, trying to make sense of her babbling. Yoshi Sohma was dead. Louise Grey knew what had happened. Josh Murray had something to do with it.

Logically, Azalea knew there wasn't enough evidence to implicate anybody. Josh was no more guilty than Louise in this case if all he had done was been there too. But when a week after, the report from the Headmaster came back saying that not only was Josh adamant about not being there but a forced wand examination had resulted in no such curse being cast around the time Yoshi was injured, Azalea couldn't help the feelign of unease that had shuddered through her body. Professor Aulis had noted that any further action against the boy could result in legal ramifications to the school and had decided to let the matter go. The boy even had alibis, some of his Quidditch friends apparently. Azalea hadn't even known the boy did Quidditch before the note.

And Azalea couldn't let it go, even if the Headmaster had. A student was dead and if Azalea could, she would find out how it had happened. It was the least she could do for the Hufflepuff after turning him down so many times. What could have mattered if she had indulged him with a wayward smile now and then like she did her clients at the Devil all the time? But no, she had maintained professional decorum, and now the kid was dead.

Approaching the Headmaster, the girl had requested a meeting with Josh personally, something Professor Aulis had granted after some deliberation, making it clear to her that it was not to be an interrogation session. That worked fine with the Nightshade. She didn't think Josh was responsible for the death in any manner, the witch more suspected he was afraid to come forwards with what he knew. And if she could lessen that fear somewhat, maybe they could find the actual culprit and bring them to the law, to be dealt with as the criminals they really were.

The witch paced the greenhouse, deep in thought as the clock ticked nearer to the time of her appointment with Josh Murray, thoughts of slashing curses, dead students and Josh Murray in her mind.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

Birthday : 1996-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 pm

The weeks that had passed since Yoshi Sohma's death had been interesting for Josh to say the least. Whilst the boy had been thoroughly impressed by his plans' outcome, he could not show it openly. Especially not as the Spanish Inquisition took place not two days after the death had been announced by the school Healer. Everyone had known about the attack, but nothing had happened on that front, so Josh was pretty sure he was safe from the truth.

Until the wand inspection.

Although the boy had taken every step to cover his tracks, he still wasn't sure he'd gotten the spell correct to delete the memory of his spell on the wand. Nonetheless, the Murray heir had handed his wand over with confidence, not allowing Professor Aulis to intimidate him in the slightest. Both men watched each other as the Headmaster found nothing on Josh's wand, and both of them understood the look in the Professor's eyes when he reluctantly handed it back after finding nothing.

Disappointment.

Josh had taken his wand back with a short nod, as if to say 'I told you so!' and walked off with the rest of his house mates back to their dorms. The Slytherin had sat on his bed, deep in thought whilst the others huddled around in whispers. He'd have to be incredibly careful of things now. Not leave any trace of anything he did...

Louise...

A few days later, Josh was slowly making his way up towards the Hospital Wing. It would be safe, he told himself as he tried to work out how he was going to be able to get rid of that piece of evidence too... She knew too much, and it wasn't safe to have her around anymore.

"Joshua? Joshua Murray?" A nervous Ravenclaw prefect asked, tapping Josh's shoulder and hurriedly shying away as the Slytherin rounded on him in a manner that instilled the older boy was not to touch him ever again. "M-message from the Headmaster. You're to report to the Herbology Greenhouses... Immediately, m-meeting with Professor Harrington." The boy explained, thrusting a note in Josh's hands before scampering off.

Turning towards the Greenhouses, Josh read the message as he walked, a frown covering his features as he slowly forgot about the young Slytherin girl who was still held up in the hospital wing. What could Professor Harrington want from him? He'd completed the homework she had set and had also completed the end of year test to a fairly high standard. It didn't really make much sense in his mind as he crossed the grounds to her classroom.

Pushing the door open, Josh found himself face to face with a pacing Professor Harrington. Now, that was really odd, the girl was normally the epitome of calm. "I was sent to see you, Professor..." Josh explained, holding up the note from Professor Aulis and looking to her for some kind of explanation. He didn't much like being told what to do and when, but this involved Professor Harrington and no had gone out of the window a long time ago...

~ Profile ~
Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) Signat10
Signature by the amazing Jess! <3
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 pm

The pushing of the door announced the young Slytherin entering. or not so young, the witch noted, remembering briefly that she had been right in her assumption that the boy would match her in height by the end of the year. Sometimes it took her staring at the class roster to realize he was in third year and not fifth.

"I was sent to see you, Professor..."

"Yes, thank you for coming to see me on such short notice," the witch replied politely instead of voicing out what she had been thinking. The boy had not knocked before entering. josh Murray walked around as if he owned everything. Closing her eyes, the girl took a steadying breathe before she continued.

"Would you like to take a seat?' the brunette gestured the the row of chairs laid out fresh after the upperclassmen exams. "I hear there's been some rather troubling news around school lately regarding... regarding a friend of yours, a Mr. Yoshi Sohma."

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm

"Yes, thank you for coming to see me on such short notice,"

Josh nodded in reply, making her aware that he'd heard her thanks but not really having anything to say in reply. After all, there wasn't anything he could really say when he'd all but been told he had to go now by that stupid Ravenclaw kid.

"Would you like to take a seat?'

"No, I'm fine." Josh replied, crossing his arms over his chest in a subtle method to get her to hurry up with what she was trying to say to him. She might be his obsession, but he was a little antsy about not sorting out Louise...

"I hear there's been some rather troubling news around school lately regarding... regarding a friend of yours, a Mr. Yoshi Sohma."

The question threw Josh a little bit as he cocked an eyebrow at Azalea. "Can't say we were friends, to be honest. But, I guess it's a little troubling for the school as a whole." He replied, not really committing to anything with those words as he leaned against one of the closest tables and waited for Azalea to get to the point. He had to play each card intricately, one wrong card and he'd lose the game.

A game he simply could not lose.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm

"Can't say we were friends, to be honest. But, I guess it's a little troubling for the school as a whole."

Azalea noted the ticks, belying the coolness with which he conducted himself. The girl was always the first to give her students, or anyone really, the benefit of the doubt but being a Nightshade, she usually tuned in to what wasn't being said more to what was.

Josh was nervous about something, and very very good at pretending not to be.

"You know, funnily enough, I've been hearing that from quite a few students," the witch lied smoothly. "That no one was his friend really, just a mere acquaintance. I wonder how someone goes to a school for seven years and doesn't manage to acquire any friends...?" the girl trailed off, making sure her statement came out like the question it was intended.

"Maybe you remember him from the debutante ball though?" she probed further, mimicking his pose, leaning against her own table, idly brushing a strand of hair aside and tucking it neatly behind an ear. "If you remember, we were dancing. And then he cut in. I didn't see you after that."

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:46 pm

"That no one was his friend really, just a mere acquaintance. I wonder how someone goes to a school for seven years and doesn't manage to acquire any friends...?"

Josh pretended to think about that statement for a moment before shaking his head. He never shrugged, his parents had managed to teach him something at least. "I am afraid I do not know much about the guy." Josh replied coolly, knowing she was probing him, but a lot more subtly than Professor Aulis had. Each word would have to be finely manipulated in his head before he spoke, because this girl was on to something. Or at least trying to be on to something.

"Perhaps ask the Puffs, if you're looking for hints." Josh replied, pushing his weight off the desk as she spoke again. He leant back on it a moment later.

"If you remember, we were dancing. And then he cut in. I didn't see you after that."

"I was dancing with Louise after that. The Slytherin first year." Josh answered her statement, it wasn't necessary, but he believed that she was asking him for something else. "And then I went back to join my parents, who were trying to set up a wedding with one of the Neige twins. As I'm sure you can imagine, horrified... She's gone missing, the one who they wanted to marry me to, did you hear?" The boy asked, though his tone screamed out that he really didn't care, maybe even hinting on amusement at the idea. But very carefully, he'd moved the subject in to clearer waters.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:46 pm

"I am afraid I do not know much about the guy."

"Sadly, neither did I," the witch replied, a genuine note of sadness in her voice a the admission. "I don't know if anyone knew this around school but he was always... very enthusiastic. Liked following me around, using the kind of compliments you hear on really silly radio shows..." The witch caught herself, waiting for him to note that she had stumbled. Sometimes the best way to get answers was to show some sentiment. "You can imagine how I must feel now, not having entertained him in the slightest. i was too concerned with professional courtesy and decorum."

Changing track, the girl lifted her face to his, annoyed that he was now at eye level but doing her best not to show it. "Say, have you been to see Louise recently, I think she misses you. After all, it must have been a terrible shock..." Azalea looked the blonde straight in the eye at the words, waiting for anything he might let slip.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:47 pm

"You can imagine how I must feel now, not having entertained him in the slightest. i was too concerned with professional courtesy and decorum."

Josh nodded once more in agreement, honestly he had no clue what she was going on about. Yoshi Sohma wasn't worth two more seconds of thought, he was gone and there was no coming back from that fate. No matter how much somebody wished for another outcome, no matter how much they cried, people didn't rise from the dead. The Slytherin's face stayed impassive to the questions. How many times had he been through this now, and still the school were trying to get at him? It was bordering on harassment.

"Say, have you been to see Louise recently, I think she misses you. After all, it must have been a terrible shock..."

"She was in the wrong place at the wrong time." Josh replied in a whisper, meaning to sound a little sympathetic in the manner, but the hint of malice shone through like a sore thumb when he spoke. She deserved to be in the hospital wing for interfering, and she would have to hope nothing worse came of the situation in the near future. The Slytherin put his hands in his pockets, standing up and looking around the greenhouse as if seeing it for the first time.

"So, what did you call me down her for, Professor? The Professor has been told in no undistinguished terms that his actions are bordering on harassment. I'd hate to have to call my father in on this." He explained, making the threat quite clear to the girl in front of him.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:47 pm

"She was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

The girl might have missed the words if she hadn't been listening for something that sounded like that. The whisper in which Josh intoned them though left her a little... uncertain. Was he sympathetic or as neutral as he sounded? Surely no one would actually wish little Louise any harm..?

When the boy threatened with legal action, Azalea figured she might as well be honest. "I apologize for the questions the school board's probably throwing your way but please know that you aren't alone. A terrible thing happened and we're all trying to get to the bottom of it. And I'm certain you'd like to help," she implied, not giving him a chance to refuse.

"So, Louise was in the wrong place Josh... and where were you at the time. Because according to her, you were quite... aware of the situation at hand." Yet another lie disguised as a truth but Azalea had no options left. It seemed the only thing Josh was reacting to was Louise's name so that resource could be exploited for more information.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

Josh opened his mouth to reply that the headmaster had told him the questions were done, that if he was going through questioning again he was entitled to a guardian to be present at the least. Or possibly that he had no inclination of being helpful because that wasn't his way. Josh Murray had things done for him, not the other way around.

"So, Louise was in the wrong place Josh... and where were you at the time. Because according to her, you were quite... aware of the situation at hand."

The mention of Louise made Josh frown a little as he looked back to Azalea. "I was with the lads from the Quidditch team." He lied, no hint of it just being that leaking from his body. "I was aware of the situation at the time the whole school was, when we were told the next day. After the stupid wedding."

Moving the few paces between them, Josh made sure to invade as much of her personal space as possible as his hands rested either side of her on the table, his face level with hers, but far too close to be deemed friendly. He knew intimidation, he'd been doing it for years. "I think you should stop asking quwestions now." Josh told her, leaving no room for an answer to the statement. He knew what she was trying to do, and he wasn't having it.

Leaning in closer still, Josh pressed his lips roughly to hers. She should have known better than to push him. His anger released itself through his lips as he tried to find what he wanted. It was here...

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)   Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes) Empty

Back to top Go down

Superman ain't savin' shit (Josh - violent themes)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Ten (2023-24)-
Jump to: