Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
letters between good friends ( sterling) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
letters between good friends ( sterling) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
letters between good friends ( sterling) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
letters between good friends ( sterling) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
letters between good friends ( sterling) Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

letters between good friends ( sterling)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

Birthday : 2012-08-06

letters between good friends ( sterling) Empty
PostSubject: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Dear Sterling,

I hope that everything is going good for you. I actually am missing Hogwarts, but I am glad that I finished my first year. I am excited and nervous about being a second year. As I want to try out for the Gryffindor team. Not sure how good I will be, but I will give it my best. But I can’t wait to see you again. Hopefully you can come at least for my birthday? That would also help with your English. And you can spend some more time with me. And hopefully I am getting a broom for my birthday. It is something that I have been hinting at.

I hope that you aren’t getting too bored. I would love to visit Germany some day. As I know that they have some amazing chocolates. And since you are going to teach me some German, I think that it would make a nice trip. Well I can’t wait to hear from you.

Dominique

letters between good friends ( sterling) PAGF2e
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 4:41 pm

June 9, 2024

Hello Dominique,

It is going as well as it could I suppose. Much better, I'd say, since getting your letter! I was just thinking today about writing to you, so I'm glad you read my mind ahead of time. I'm missing Hogwarts as well, as I do every year. The school just seems to have that effect when you leave, does it not? I'm sure you'll do great in your try-outs next year. I have faith in you, and as long as you work hard and practice, I can see you doing very well on your house's team.

I am definitely going to try and visit for your birthday! My father seems to have heard of your family and your network and is interested in visiting your parents. I didn't know you all were purebloods! Regardless, let your parents know that my father would like to set up a meeting soon, please. They may have heald of the Goldwassers, but it's possible they haven't I suppose, especially considering you're in the US.

As for helping with my English, I'm sure it would. It's easy to forget when I'm at home, for everyone speaks German around the house. I try to practice some with my mum, however, for she's decided to try and learn, though I can't imagine why English is such a confusing language. There's an exception to almost every rule in this language... My letters to you will help as well I'm sure.

A broom would be the perfect gift for your birthday! Speaking of gifts, what do you want for your birthday? You better believe I'm not going to turn up empty handed to celebrate your special day. Therefore, what do you want? A "German For Beginners" book perhaps? No, that's only a joke, I wouldn't get you something as boring as that, I assure you unless you specifically asked for it.

I'm not getting bored. My music keeps me busy here at the house, and I have local gigs once a week that I practice for. Sometimes when my father is feeling nice, which isn't very often, I get to practice my flying in the yard out back!

I would love for you to visit Germany sometime! We do have amazing chocolate here, and you could see me play at one of my gigs! I am going to teach you some German, I'm sure you'll be an expert in no time, and be able to come and visit me!

Speaking of teaching German, I suppose we should start with the basics. Man, Woman, Boy, Girl, I: Mann, Frau, Junge, Mächen, Ich! There you are, try and memorize those and I'll teach you more in the next letter. By next year you should be able to even form some sentences I'm sure! Nice to hear from you.

Sincerely, Sterling Goldwasser
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 3:51 am

Dear Sterling,

Seems like we are thinking alike. I just want to make sure that I am writing you everyday. At least attempting a letter so you didn’t think that I forgot about you. I am nervous about trying out for the Gryffindor team. You have to actually know how to fly really good. And that is something that I not good at. My mother fell off one and said that she wasn’t going to let me try and fly. Well until I took flying class.

I am excited that you are going to visit. And your dad has heard of my family? That could be possible as I don’t know everybody my parents know. But I will let them know that he would like a meeting with them. And yes I am a pureblood, as I come from a long line of them. I guess it was something that I didn’t think about telling you. I am excited for the thought of getting a broom for my birthday. And I have no idea what I want you to get me. Chocolate is always a plus.

I am glad that you aren’t getting too bored. And it is nice to hear that you have some gigs. And it seems like you are practicing your flying. That is something that I need to work on. If I don’t fall off my broom. And one day I would love to visit Germany. It would only make sense to visit you since you are coming to visit me.

At least I will know the spelling of the word, not sure how to pronounce what you just wrote. But I can wait for you to teach that when you come to the United States. I hope that everything is going good for you.

Dominique

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 2:51 pm

June 21, 2024

Dominique,

Goodness, our dreadful family owl. I swear he must take forever to reach you. It is horribly annoying to have to wait almost a full two weeks for me to get a letter back, all because of the long distance. It makes me wish I lived in the US, though I'm not yet sure how I will like it there. I've heard Americans have something called "biscuits and gravy" and I just can't imagine putting a "sausage gravy" on biscuits! If that's the type of food that is served there I'm not sure that'll be the place for me in all honesty.

I understand writing every day. I don't have enough to write about each day to be able to write a letter. I am, however, always writing down stuff I could talk to or ask you about. Which reminds me! Have you ever tried Rouladen? It's simply to die for, and you simply must try it when/if you ever come to visit.

You shouldn't let yourself be nervous about the tryouts. I'm going to practice with you and you're going to rock them! Besides, you took the flying class this year, so I'm willing to bet you'll get a broom for your birthday like you asked for. And if you don't I may just have to buy you one myself!

Yes, Michael (my father), knows of your parents. I don't think they've met before but he certainly recognized the name. I also come from a line of purebloods, though I've never been interested enough in my lineage to really try to figure out just how long.

As for your birthday, it's ok if you don't know. I now have several ideas, that I'm not absolutely certain you'd like, but they're at least ideas! And I have to agree with you there. Chocolate is always a plus.

Yes, my gigs keep me plenty busy, I assure you. They're my lifeline in this house, as without them I would surely go crazy. Michael has deemed it fit for me to stay in my room for almost the whole summer. He sometimes lets me fly in the backyard, but would not approve of my gigs, nor my letters. My younger two sisters help me sneak out for gigs, and they are the ones who actually send my letter and deliver yours to me, as I have bars on my window courtesy of one Michael Goldwasser.

It is going well for me, and sorry, I will try to keep pronunciation in mind from here forward. Before that, however, I'd like to learn more about you! What is your favorite animal? Favorite color? Favorite food? What is something you do in your free time? What silly or funny thing makes you afraid or creeps you out? If you could replace the handshake as a greeting, what interesting new greeting would you replace it with?

Let's see if I can help out with the whole German mess, shall we?
Man = Mann = (Maunn)
Woman = Frau = (Frau)
Boy = Junge = (Yung-eh)
Girl = Madchen = (Maid-chen)
I = Ich = (Ish)
Bread = Brot = (Brought)
Water = Wasser = (Vaser)
Drink = Trinkt = (Chrinkt)

Hope our stupid owl doesn't take quite so long this time.

Sincerely, Sterling
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 3:17 am

Sterling,
I don’t mind the wait. And mom makes sure that your owl is well feed and rested up. So if your owl seems spoiled it is because of me and my mom. And biscuit and gravy is amazing! You don’t know what you are missing. Randi makes this for me at lot. Randi is my family house elf. It is something that you have to try when you come. I know American food might seem weird to you, but I love it. And I have never had Rouladen. But I would love to try it.

I know I shouldn’t be nervous, but I am. And I am sure that my parents are getting me my broom for my birthday. I would never ask you to buy me a broom. But I am nervous about the whole flying part. But that is a part of Quidditch. I am sure that there are a ton of purebloods who knows my family. As they are well known for owning Fox. I know I come from a long line. But someday I might actually learn more about them. I guess that would be important as one day I will be taking over Fox network.

Well it is good that you have several ideas for a gift. But you really don’t need to get me one. You just coming to visit would be enough for me. I am glad that you are staying busy with gigs. I have to thank your younger sisters for sending me your letters. And I am sorry to hear that you have bars on your windows. Oh wow you want to learn more about me. My favorite animal would have to be a ferret. Which I think I am getting one soon. My favorite color is pink and purple. Free time I really like to read. I am really scared of spiders and snakes. I think I would replace hugs with handshake. And thank you for all of the Germans words.

Dominique

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Dia,

Trust me, dear. That dang owl doesn't need spoiled any more than it already has been. My mother and sister coddle it enough, trust me. Maybe in your country, they're good, but I'm willing to guess you must either have a different taste preference, or a different concept of either biscuits or gravy than we do here. Though, I suppose if you were to try it with me I may at least enjoy spending time with you, even if I don't like the food. I'm gonna have to get you to try Spätzle and Bratkartoffeln and Rouladen and all. Maybe I can pack some up at the end of the summer and take it with me to Hogwarts? Or maybe I could get my mum's recipe and have the elves at school make it for us.

You would never have to ask. I would just do it. As for the flying, we can practice when we get back to school before try-outs. You didn't do horribly in our lesson I remember and I'm sure you'll be fine great! I've never felt like learning about my past family is too important. I feel like I'd personally rather focus on me and on now, rather than on the past and those old people who are gone and dead and have no real influence on my life anymore.

Nonsense! Of course, I'm getting you a gift, or two, or eight, we'll see. They said you're welcome, and that it's not much trouble. Aaaand they'll only send this letter if I ask somewhere in it whether or not you're single. So, here goes! Are you single?! Haha, now that that's out there, yes. I'd always love to learn more about you. So, I'm gonna answer the same questions I asked you and then I'll let you ask me a couple questions!

Hmm, my favorite animal would have to be a cat, my favorite color, red, favorite food would have to be Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, which I've been told is similar to an American's Black Forest cake? In my free time, I play my guitar/sing and flying when I'm allowed. Umm, I really really hate wasps. I can't handle them and have never been stung. Pretty much I end up running from them? And for a replacement for the handshake I'd have to say... maybe high fives? I'm not sure, I feel like I should be able to think of something more creative. Ok! Your turn to ask questions!

Fondly, Sterling
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Dear Sterling,

Every animal needs attention and my mom and I love giving the owl the attention. And I am sure that you will love biscuits and gravy. It is one of my favorite breakfast foods. Randi makes this a lot for me. As my parents are always busy. But they make time to spend with me. Not sure if I will like Spätzle and Bratkartoffeln and Rouladen . But I would be willing to at least try it. At least I am willing to do that. And if I don’t like it, well I won’t eat it again.

I am pretty sure that my father is getting me a broom. So I am sure that you don’t have to get me one. I don’t know what I would do if you did. Flying Class lesson wasn’t horrible. I just had a tough time getting the broom to come up. I am sure that we will practice before tryouts. But I am just scared of falling off the broom. And I love learning my family history as it is important. Even if they dead and gone, it is important to keep their memories.

Oh wow you don’t need to get me that many gifts. And it was really no problem for getting a meeting with my parents. You parents do know that I am eleven going on twelve? Of course I would be single! That is a silly question to ask. But if you had to ask so they could send it. I guess it isn’t that too bad. And also I am really bad at asking questions.

But what is your favorite chocolate?

Dia

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Yes, well, I'm willing to give it a try at the very least. I'm pretty sure you'll like at least one of the German dishes. They're pretty great! And yes, if you don't like them you certainly won't have to eat them again. It's good that your parents make time to spend with you. I try to spend a lot of time with my mum while I'm at home over the break.

Well you will have plenty of time after your birthday to practice getting your broom up, and even starting to fly, and I can help you out more when we have our practice. If you're scared of falling off just start low to the ground at first. Then, if you do fall, you don't hurt yourself. The key is just to take it slow until you get the hang of it. I suppose I could see what you mean with the family history.

Oh, I know I don't need to get you that many. I likely won't, but if I did it wouldn't be because I thought I had to. Simply because it was all stuff I thought you would need/want! Yes, my parents are well aware of your age, that's not the problem here, only my sisters, who are perpetually trying to set me up, even if it's with a twelve-year-old. And yes, I was required to ask, but even if I wasn't why would that be such a silly question? I figured any girl as adorable and awesome as you would likely have guys lined up out the door to date you.

Hmm, I suppose my favorite chocolate would be milk chocolate? I can't really handle dark chocolate. The darkest I can eat would be that one American chocolate brand. Hershey's? Anyways, what's your favorite? And also, what movie or book character are you most similar to?
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Sterling,

I am so glad that you are at least willing to give it is a try. But I am sure that you will love it. Randi make them for me a lot. I am willing to try those German dishes. And I am glad that you wouldn’t make me eat it again if I didn’t like it. Yeah my parents feel that it is really important to spend time with with. Since I know that they are always busy. I am glad that you are spending time with your mum while home from summer break. Also I like to spend time with Randi. I can still remember that she has been there for me.

I know we can still practice after I get the broom. And I know that you will be there to help me with my flying. And yes I am scared that I am going to fall off the broom. But I glad that you said that we can start off low. Going slow is something that I can do. I really should master flying before I think about trying to try out for the Gryffindor team. Yes family history is important. It tells me about the people who came before me.

I am sure that I am going to get a lot of gifts. Something simple as chocolate would be a good gift. I wouldn’t know what to even think if you got me that many gifts. I am glad that your parents knows how old I am. As I am getting ready to turn twelve. Wow your sisters are trying to set you up? Maybe I am glad that I don’t have any siblinings that would try and do that. And I think it is a silly question as I am still only tweleve. But then again my friend Sasha has a boyfriend. But she is a lot older than I am. Guys lined up at the door to date? Heck I just want to see what my second year at Hogwarts brings. That will come much later the whole dating thing.

I love any type of chocolate! Dark chocolate is actually good for you. I think it helps the heart? That I am not sure of but I did hear that somewhere. I love Hershey’s chocolate!! If you do decided to come back to the United States we must go to the Hershey’s theme park. Not really sure which one is actually my favorite one. What book character am I similar too? I actually think it would be Rue from the Hunger Games.

Dia

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: letters between good friends ( sterling)   letters between good friends ( sterling) Empty

Back to top Go down

letters between good friends ( sterling)
Page 1 of 1