Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Victoria's life had been something of a decline since the formidable letter had come through from Darby International informing her of the termination of her job. Now, unlike many people, Victoria hadn't sulked about it (she'd cried more than her fair share, of course) but she'd moved instead to apply to other large firms around the country with her CV.

And each had come back with the same.

"We're sorry, but you don't fit our specification for eligible candidates at this time."

Victoria didn't know how someone with a First Class Degree, and then the experience she had with top FTSE clients, as well as some of the biggest cases in the country. No, none of it made any sense, and everywhere Victoria turned, the doors were being closed in her face as if she were unacceptable to society.

The young witch had found herself, for this reason, sinking in to something almost akin to a depressive state. The only strand of sanity Victoria had were Jake's children, and seeing them each day as she aided her mom with looking after them whilst he was at work. But Victoria had set her sights on working to the top of her industry, becoming one of the best at what she did, and the sinking notion that she was not going to find anywhere to practice had pushed the young witch deep down in to a horrible place she knew not how to get out of...

Until Mr and Mrs Bascham had phoned, asking her why she had never taken up the offer they had made late last year to use their villa in Greece. Victoria had apologised softly to the older couple, explaining how she hadn't taken them up on the offer because she felt it was a threat to her independence. They were her client, after all, and such things could be seen as bribery, even though Victoria knew it to be just a kind gesture from a lovely couple.

Mrs Bascham had taken the phone from her husband at this point and given Victoria the news of their 50th Wedding Anniversary, and insisted upon Victoria being there. She had, Mrs Bascham reminded Victoria in that moment, been the reason the inheritance problem after their son's early departure from this world had been dealt with so smoothly and why they now had the property in Greece.

From there, Victoria simply couldn't say no anymore.

The young witch had headed out to Greece in the middle of July, to Crete, more specifically. Chania was beautiful, the coastline divine, and her hosts had left her wishing for nothing. Victoria had partied with the couple to celebrate their wedding vows some fifty years previous with all their friends. The Champagne had flowed to freely, and by ten o'clock that evening, the small frame of Victoria Newbury had found itself -- glass in hand, still half full, and the remains of the Champagne Magnum bottle now half full in the other -- upon the beach.

Her heels had been discarded halfway in to the sand, and the witch currently stood with the waves lapping gently at her toes, watching out across the horizon, and... momentarily forgetting the world.

Victoria's Attire

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 6:07 pm

It wasn't unusual for Odysseas to take night strolls, especially during the Summer. It was a way for him to relax after a long day of business and politics, especially when Clio was busy, making it impossible for him to have his sexual needs satisfied. It was a truth, that Odysseas Venizelos was a player, being the most eligible bachelor in Greece had its perks, but he still had class. Clio might not be a Pureblood, but she was understanding. She didn't expect him to marry her, she was good in bed and she definitely knew how to keep a low profile. Unlike... most women.

But this particular evening, the male was found alone, sitting at home and staring at the endless sea, as if waiting for something to come out of it. To save him from this misery he had been feeling ever since his father gave the Clement everything their ancestors had worked for. Ever since he had allowed Greece to bow down to France, and most specifically, the Clements.

Emptying his wine filled glass, Odysseas made his way back to his room, getting dressed in something simple and comfortable, before grabbing a bottle of Bourbon and disapparating. Seconds later, the Venizelos heir's bare feet touched the soft sand that adorned one of the most famous beaches in Chania. The male had decided against going to his private beach because, well, it was private. And right now, privacy was not on his plans.

Taking a few moments to relax himself, Odysseas opened his brand new bottle of Bourbon, taking a large gulp. A smile touched his features as the usual fire started tingling his throat. His feet started moving on their accord, with no true destination. All Odysseas wanted was to enjoy the starry night as the soft wind was blowing. Summer nights were indescribably beautiful in Greece.

But as he kept walking, an unfamiliar shape came into view. As he approached, Odysseas understood that it wasn't but a young woman, standing... alone? Was she hurt? "Δεσποινίς, είστε καλά;" Odysseas asked, in Greek, a frown touching his lips. It wasn't usual for a lady to be outside all by herself.

Odysseas' Attire
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 6:40 am

As Victoria stood in the waves, she'd brought her phone from her pocket in her dress and opened the messaging tab. Her thumb had automatically hit Grayson's name but she stood staring at the empty screen. He had become her best friend over the last eight months. They gelled together, nothing seemed too much to ask, from either side. She wanted to tell him about the party, and how it had been so good, how she wished he was here with her in that moment.

But, even drunk -- for Victoria was nothing short of drunk right now -- she knew the man would not take well to her drinking, by the sea, on her own in a foreign country. She didn't wish to worry him, so the witch locked her phone, and slid it back in her pocket.

"To my best friend," Victoria whispered, raising her glass a fraction towards the sea before she brought the glass to her lips, taking a mouthful of the lukewarm liquid and savouring it for a moment or two. This moment must have been the one in which the man who spoke in the next moment had approached, because Victoria had not heard him in the slightest in that moment. No, the first Victoria was aware of anyone near her was the sound of his voice.

"Δεσποινίς, είστε καλά;"

In a language Victoria did not recognise.

But could guess, given their location.

Turning from the sea, Victoria's eyes went wide at the giant of a man stood before her. Jake was tall, but this man was even bigger than her brother, something that Victoria had never believed to be possible. His features were strong, his skin nicely tanned in the manner Victoria had seen around Crete, suggesting his origin, though it was impossible to be certain in that moment. It was the alcohol that brought on the momentary lapse in cognitive thought. Rendering Victoria mute for a moment as she just took the man before her in.

And then, finally.

"I'm American, I... don't know what you just said... do you know English?" She asked, not slowing down like many foreigners would in a condescending manner, but keeping to her normal flow when it came to talking. Weirdly, though, Victoria didn't feel scared of the man before her. As of yet... he hadn't done anything to suggest he might be dangerous to them...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 10:16 am

It hadn't occurred to Odysseas that approaching the young witch without a notice could actually be a bad thing. He didn't mean any harm, no, he would never try to hurt her, but seeing a woman all alone on the beach seemed weird. At least in Crete, it was weird. Though, as the woman turned to face him, Odysseas was on edge, waiting to see whether she would attempt anything weird. Though the young woman didn't move an inch, neither did she speak. That gave the wizard time to finally take a good look at her.

The woman was obviously quite young, with long dark brown hair falling over her shoulders. She was beautiful yet, she was not from here, that was obvious. And it wasn't the color of her skin that gave her away. It was the fact that Odysseas had grown to known almost everyone on this island (with minor exceptions) and the woman was definitely someone he had never seen before. If he had, he was positive he wouldn't be able to forget.

"I'm American, I... don't know what you just said... do you know English?"

It took some time, but the girl finally spoke, confirming Odysseas' thoughts. She was indeed not Greek, and definitely not Cretan. She was... American. What was she doing out here then? Did her Holidays go wrong?
"I asked whether you were okay, Miss." Odysseas spoke in fluent English, showing that languages was definitely not his weak spot. Nevertheless, he didn't make a move to approach the woman farther. He still didn't know what she was doing here.

"I apologise for scaring you."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Victoria's momentary lapse did not seem to have deterred the man before her, and Victoria was somewhat glad of that much. Company, even if that of a stranger, was better than being alone.

And, Merlin...

The witch couldn't help but melt inside at the sound of the man's voice. It was, of course, simply any accent away from that of the American accent that brought something of a weakness inside the witch -- something she had noted with Allegra, and then with Zander, Kieran and Eros... -- each had had their own beautiful accent, and the man before her was the same. Though, not with an English accent, or Mexican, but what she assumed to be Greek.

"I... yes, yes, I am okay." Victoria replied with a soft laugh. "I just stepped out of a party with some friends, I needed some fresh air, and my feet brought me here... and you didn't scare me, well, not too much. You did sneak up on me, which made me jump, but you don't look scary."

That much was said with a smile, to show she meant what she said as she turned back to the sea, bringing her glass up to her lips and taking another small mouthful of the liquid.

"This island is beautiful..." She said softly, still looking out across the waves. "So beautiful... do you live here?

"I'm Victoria, by the way. What's your name?" Victoria added belatedly, looking across at the man for answers to her question.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 2:57 pm

It took some time for the witch to speak again, and Odysseas took the time to examine her. She was... incredibly short. Or rather, he was extremely tall, especially for a Greek. He was the only 'giant' in the family, but the genes of his ancestors proved that height had never been a problem. But that wasn't the only thing that caught the man's attention. The young woman seemed to be frozen in her spot, since the moment he spoke, and it had taken a great deal of self control to keep himself from smirking.

To say that this wasn't happening quite a lot... well, that would be a lie. Odysseas knew well enough that he was handsome, plus, he was the wealthiest man in Greece. He was famous and still a bachelor, which cause most of the female population to swoon over him. And what man would turn down such a chance? After all, Odysseas likes to have fun, and beautiful women was the best type of fun.

"I just stepped out of a party with some friends, I needed some fresh air, and my feet brought me here... and you didn't scare me, well, not too much. You did sneak up on me, which made me jump, but you don't look scary."

The insistence that she was okay and the explanation that followed, brought a small smile from the man as well. She was obviously quite young, slightly tipsy --to say the least-- and very, very talkative. For a young lady that was alone in the middle of a night, she seemed to be way too comfortable, and that meant alcohol was surely involved.

As Odysseas listened to the girl talking about how beautiful Crete was, followed by a question of whether this was his home, the male took the time to glance at the bottle of Bourbon he had dragged along, bringing the bottle to his lips and gulping down some of it. He was in no rush, after all, and it seemed like neither was she.

"I'm Victoria, by the way. What's your name?"

"I am Odysseas Venizelos, my Lady. And yes, to answer your question, I do, in fact, live here. Crete is one of the most beautiful places in Greece." He spoke, finally bringing himself to take a few steps closer to the witch. She didn't seem dangerous at all.
"So, I take it that the party was terrible?" He asked with a small chuckle, before offering his bottle to her. "And Victoria is such a beautiful name. Suits such a pretty face like yours." A little compliment, to test the waters and see how far Odysseas could go today. This could end up as a meaningless night, or it could develop into something more.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 3:29 pm

The way the man before her, Odysseas, introduced himself to her. Calling her a lady, brought the softest of blushes to Victoria's cheeks. Men, in general, did not speak to women in such a manner, and Victoria had been single for quite some time. Being complimented in such a manner, especially under the influence of alcohol, made her feel giddy, but the giggles didn't surface in that moment.

"Odysseas..." Victoria echoed the man, trying to get the right infliction of the accent that she'd heard as he spoke his name. It was a nice name, unusual, though only because she had only been to Greece for the last couple of days. Her eyes moved to his to ensure she'd gotten the pronunciation right, because these things were important to Victoria, and she'd rather be corrected now than call him the wrong thing again.

"It really is..." Victoria agreed with the statement of being the most beautiful places in Greece. She couldn't know, of course, but she found it vastly difficult to imagine a place that could be more beautiful that this.

"So, I take it that the party was terrible?"

Victoria smiled softly in to her glass, sipping the liquid and looking out across the sea with the smallest sign of sadness in her eyes. The relative darkness of the evening might have hidden it, though. "No, the party was beautiful. A client's fiftieth wedding anniversary. Well, ex-client now, I suppose. Everything was perfect..." The witch explained, trailing off as she lowered her glass down to her side. She knew it didn't make sense, if she thought the party to be so beautiful, why was she stood out here on her own? But, she didn't wish to burden Odysseas with her life.

No, he was but a stranger to her.

The compliment that came after, though, made Victoria look away from the sea, back to the man beside her. "Victoria is a very... overused name. I do like it, but it's..." The witch shook her head, not knowing where she was going with that point, and instead settling on something else. "Thank you." She replied softly to the compliment, her cheeks once more growing a little in the heat of the moment.

"And you, what brings you out here this evening, Mr Venizelos?" Victoria asked, curious as to why someone would be out on the beach at this hour. Behind her, Victoria could make out the Bacham party's music, but Odysseas... he hadn't been a guest, and she would have remembered him.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 6:01 pm

The wizard allowed the girl to take her time, repeating his name, as if trying to memorise it, it seemed. Her sweet voice made his name sound... cute, something that didn't really settle well with the man, but he didn't dare to say anything about it. After all, it wouldn't change a thing. The woman's eyes found his though, and for a moment Odysseas stared back at her, slightly confused. It took him a moment, but he understood that Victoria was looking for confirmation, something that Odysseas gave with the slight nod of his head. For a foreigner, she was doing very good with the pronunciation and such.

"No, the party was beautiful. A client's fiftieth wedding anniversary. Well, ex-client now, I suppose. Everything was perfect..."

But the fact that the witch was trailing off at the end proved that things were anything but perfect. Odysseas didn't like the sound of that, and it was obvious that something was bothering the witch. Sadly, the wizard wasn't able to detect the source, whereas he didn't know the girl well enough. He didn't know her at all, in fact. But that could change... perhaps.

The redness that touched the girls cheeks at his compliment was noted by the man. For someone else, perhaps, it wouldn't have been as easy to note as it was for Odysseas, but when you've grown up complimenting ladies, you could pick out patterns. Certain movements that women did when they liked what they were hearing. It was easy to play with females, especially females like miss Victoria here. Anyone could see that she was still... pure. In every sense. An easy catch for Odysseas, if he found himself wanting to have a taste.

"And you, what brings you out here this evening, Mr Venizelos?"

"Boredom, mostly, Lady Victoria. But I happen to enjoy walks on the beach. I find them... refreshing. Though, if I knew I would stumble upon such beauty as yourself, I would have dressed accordingly." Odysseas answered, giving Victoria one of his charming smiles. "I am not something interesting, though, darling. I am more interested in you. What made you sad? You may have described the party as 'perfect', but I can see it in your eyes. Something is troubling you..."

Victoria didn't seem to know who Odysseas was, mostly because the Venizelos had little business with America. But instead of revealing to her the extend of her power, Odysseas would allow himself to actually pretend he was someone else, at least until he had to tell her the truth. Sometimes, it was nice hiding in plain sight. If he managed to sweep her off her feet as a commoner, once he revealed himself it would be a piece of cake.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Victoria smiled at the notion of boredom, wondering how you could grow bored in a world that had so much to offer. Victoria never found herself bored, for if she wasn't busy with her work, her family or the chores she needed to do, she found herself in a book, learning about new things, and savouring in the fact she was growing as a person each day.

She knew, however, that not everyone was like her. Only Grayson seemed to truly understand her, but that thought was for another time.

"Dress more appropriately?" Victoria asked with a soft laugh. "I think if you'd dressed in any other manner I would have thought it odd. Greece is so warm, shorts and shirts are much more than enough for this weather! Though, I will concede I grew up in one of the Northern States of America, so I am not accustomed to the heat, I would imagine you're much more acclimatised..." She trailed off, realising shorts were probably not considered appropriate now, but it wasn't something she'd meant in a harmful manner.

"And, I would hate to intrude on your walk, perhaps... we could walk together?" Victoria offered. She knew better than to be alone with strangers, but he could very well be a Muggle, and she would be able to defend herself, of that much she was sure. If he tried anything untoward, she could simply apparate away to safety, even if she didn't much like the feeling.

As the Greek male beside her asked what made her sad, Victoria couldn't help but be slightly taken aback. How had he..? Victoria couldn't be sure, but the alcohol she'd consumed thus far had loosened her tongue, making her that much more talkative than usual.

"I helped the couple who're celebrating this evening with a legal case back in the UK, inheritance law -- I won't bore you with the topic -- and they invited me out here to celebrate with them. Lovely couple. Tonight just... made me realise that I am never going to be able to work with such people again. I lost my job, two months ago now. I've tried and tried and tried to get another position, but... the avenues have been closed off. Nobody wants to take me on, despite my First Class degree, despite my experience in the firm I worked for... It counts for nothing..."

Victoria trailed off, looking out across the sea once more and letting out a soft sigh.

"But, it is only a temporary set back... I'm sure something will come up when I return to England in a couple of days." Victoria said, the softest of smiles touching her lips because she was nothing short of positive when it came to such matters.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 8:04 pm

At her comments about his clothes, Odysseas chuckled softly. Even if she hadn't told him she was American, even if she had spoken to him in his mother tongue, Odysseas would have known she was definitely not Greek. Greek people had specific things that made them stand out from the crowd. Like, how they could, indeed, put up with the immense heat that was going on in the country, especially during the summer period.

"Yes, and I am certainly not as acclimated as you are with the cold, though." Odysseas noted with a small smile. Winters were harsh in Greece, but nothing close to what the Americans, or other foreign countries were going through.

"And, I would hate to intrude on your walk, perhaps... we could walk together?"

"Oh, I would love to, my Lady." Odysseas said, bringing the bottle of Bourbon to his lips before falling in step with the young woman. His assumptions were proven right, a few minutes later, when Victoria finally spoke of why she was here, in Greece, but also why she had been sad. It seemed that the woman was, or had been, a lawyer, and she was but a guest to one of her client's house. What didn't fit though, was the last part of her story. If she was indeed experienced in the firm and had a First Class degree, how could she not find an employer?

"But, it is only a temporary set back... I'm sure something will come up when I return to England in a couple of days."

"It's nice to see that you are still positive after such misfortune. Though, I can not understand how a woman of your talents could lose her job, even more finding different to get a new one?" Odysseas didn't want to be mean, but this was business, and the girl was obviously keeping something from him. No one would fire a woman of such talents, and even if he did, for some demented reason, the said woman shouldn't find it hard to find a new job at all.

Unless someone made sure she wouldn't.

But how could a woman as sweet as Victoria hurt someone so much?

"Did someone do this to you? Did you anger a person of power?" This would be the only explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)   Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakaway (Odysseas & Victoria)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next