Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

» When it Rains, It Pours ((Open))
Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] Empty
PostSubject: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:29 pm

The new term had officially begun, and the Ravenclaw witch had yet to solidify her schedule. Being a Prefect meant that Nerisei now had a lot more responsibilities than what she used to and that meant she would have to set her priorities straight... But let's be honest, Nerisei Gerber would never set her priorities straight, and the reason was none other than Dimitri Moreau. The one guy that could make her forget all about the things she should be doing, and instead have her fantasise about all the things she shouldn't!

This evening though, Nerisei had decided to mix those two together, instead of choosing one. And this was how the young witch found herself walking alongside her... guy? Her relationship with Dimitri was yet to be determined, but Nerisei knew well enough that the Moreau heir was far more than just her friend. Was he her boyfriend though? In her mind, this was the case, but making assumptions was not what Nerisei wanted to do. How weird would it be for her to wander around, claiming that Dimitri was her boyfriend, whilst he thought otherwise? No, no. They needed to talk about things before she gave their relationship a title.

But dealing with her weird relationship was not what made her anxious this particular evening. The Quidditch Tryouts were in order for the Ravenclaw Team, and Nerisei felt like the decision she had made was not the right one. Quidditch had never been a game the Prefect felt like playing, though that didn't mean she was bad at flying. On the contrary, the young witch was quite the flyer, and after the big win last term, Neri had thought about trying out for the team.

"I am nervous." The witch admitted upon the duo reached the Quidditch Pitch that was currently full of Ravenclaws. Nerisei turned to look at Dimitri, broom in hand, and let out a soft sigh. "Do you think I should do this?" Neri asked, capturing her bottom lip between her teeth as her anxiety escalated. A few words from Dimitri would be able to calm her down, right?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptySat May 19, 2018 10:26 pm

The new term had been stressful, from the moment they'd touched down at Hogwarts, the world had been on top of Dimitri. His friends didn't understand why he was being held back when he'd done well in all of his subjects bar Potions. His friends didn't understand that Dimitri was no longer going to be sharing a dorm with them anymore. And Phil most certainly was not sympathetic with Dimitri's predicament with Nerisei becoming a Prefect.

All in all, Dimitri found himself stuck in something of a rut with the whole situation he found himself in. He knew, of course, that he should not be mad with Nerisei's achievements, but he just felt like the world was working against him.

With time, though, Dimitri would get past that much.

Nerisei, though, was not one that liked to give him the space when he needed it, though, and Dimitri had grown used to keeping his feelings hidden from the witch in the first couple of weeks of school. If Nerisei knew that something was troubling him, she had not pressed him to talk about it. He was grateful for that much, because then he could deal with this without hurting her.

The two of them had found themselves together that evening though, with Dimitri following the witch down to the Quidditch pitch for the trials she had been considering for some time now. Dimitri liked Quidditch, but he'd never played the sport. It was very aggressive. Dangerous. The thought of Nerisei being in the middle of the game....

"Do you think I should do this?"

No, was Dimitri's first thought as Nerisei turned to him, but he knew that he should not selfishly deny the witch something that she really wanted to do. Checking around them to make sure they were alone, Dimitri pulled Nerisei in to his arms, and gave her a small smile. "I think that you should do exactly what you want to do. You're an amazing flyer, and if you want to play Quidditch, you should play Quidditch." Dimitri insisted, leaning down to press a soft kiss to the top of her head.

He wouldn't directly tell her what to do, not in this situation, and he hoped Nerisei could appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptyThu May 24, 2018 8:38 pm

As Nerisei stood in Dimitri's arms, staring up at him, a million of thoughts passed through her head. No matter how hard Dimitri was trying, Nerisei could sense that there was something bothering the fellow Ravenclaw. To anyone else, Dimitri wouldn't seem to act any different, and in truth, he was truly trying very hard to make sure Nerisei didn't suspect a thing, but when someone spends as much time as Neri has with Dimitri, it is fairly easy to understand that something is terribly, terribly off.

The young witch didn't really know what, but she did suspect it had something to do with the fact that he has to resit a whole year, just because he failed Potions. Nerisei didn't know much about Dimitri's home life, she barely knew anything, in fact, so she couldn't be sure if it was his mother, or maybe his father that made him feel this way. The problem was that Dimitri had lost a lot of things this year, his friends, who had moved up and were now Seventh Years, and even his chance of becoming a Prefect.

Nerisei knew that Dimitri wanted to excel just as much as she wanted, and he had worked really hard all year to earn a spot as a Prefect... but Nerisei got it. And even if Dimitri had feelings for her, Nerisei knew that this had to hurt him more that it made him proud. Because if it was the other way around, Nerisei wouldn't like it.

I think that you should do exactly what you want to do. You're an amazing flyer, and if you want to play Quidditch, you should play Quidditch."

The kiss atop her head made the witch smile sadly and pull away discreetly. She knew that Dimitri would never actually tell her what to do, but Nerisei actually needed his support right now, but his moodiness wasn't allowing her that much, and Nerisei was beginning to get quite angry. She had been there for him, but Dimitri refused to cooperate with her. Instead, he decided to act like a baby and avoid her.

"Thanks." Was all Nerisei said, whilst she moved away from Dimitri and towards all of the other Ravenclaws that were waiting for their turn.

"Gather around, everyone!" The captain of the team instructed, and everyone, including Nerisei, gathered around him, waiting for further instructions. "I am glad to see old and new faces alike, ready to compete for a spot on the team. To make things easier for us, we will sort you into small teams and you will have to play against each other."

Nerisei bit her lip, getting lost in her thoughts as the Captain started calling out names. She turned towards the stands, looking for Dimitri, hoping to receive a smile, anything to cheer her on, but her concentration was broken at the sound of her name being called. "Gerber? Nerisei Gerber?"

"That's me." Nerisei answered, raising her hand for the Captain to notice. The older boy took a good look at her and nodded to himself, before saying. "You are Team A's Seeker. Warm up, you're up first."

Nerisei took a deep breath, nodding to herself as she moved towards her assigned team. As she took a good look at them, she noted that four out of the seven players were part of last year's Ravenclaw Quidditch Team. Well, isn't that fair..., the witch thought.
"Okay, listen up, everyone." Joanna, one of the Beaters on her team said. "As some of you might have noticed, I have been playing for the Ravenclaw Team the past year and so has James, our Keeper, Vivienne and Thomas, two of our chasers."

The Ravenclaw witch followed Joanna's eyes, noting the people she had just mentioned and nodding slightly. She wasn't good at socializing, and her poor skills were coming to the surface. "That doesn't necessarily mean we are going to win, though. So, please, try your best guys! Oh, and Seeker?" Joanna asked, turning her attention on Nerisei, who wanted to die of embarrassment as all sets of eyes turned on her. "I truly hope you are useful."

Nerisei blinked a couple of times, confused at Joanna's words, before her eyes darkened slightly. No one told Nerisei Gerber she was not good enough. "Oh, believe me, Frey, I can handle myself." Was the last thing Nerisei said, before she mounted her broom and pushed off of the ground, waiting for her team to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptyThu May 24, 2018 9:17 pm

The short answer from Nerisei was one that made Dimitri pause as she moved away from him to the field. Thanks? That was... Dimitri frowned slightly at her back as she continued on to the pitch, but decided against commenting upon it in that moment. Dimitri let her go, though, and after a few moments, the Ravenclaw wizard moved up to the stands, joining some of his friends who had gathered there and turning to them in conversation.

The boy missed the moment in which Nerisei looked up to him, much too engaged with the happenings of the Seventh Year dorm in his absence, Dimitri's attention had been moved away from the witch far below on the field.

Only when the teams would take to the sky would Dimitri look up to the sky to keep his eye on Nerisei, worrying over her safety, and hoping beyond everything else int his world that she would get back down to the ground safely.

"Gerber actually capable?" Dom asked as they mounted up below them.

"I don't think she'd be trying out if she wasn't." Dimitri replied to the question, though his eyes were not going to leave Nerisei now. He had to make sure she was okay, otherwise he was not going to forgive himself for being so short with her before.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:05 pm

Nerisei had mounted her broom, and soon after the rest of the team followed, ready to warm up before the big Tryouts. The witch wasn't overly confident, to be fair, but she was well aware of her skills at flying. She was pretty impressive, that much was for sure, but Nerisei liked to push herself to the limit, learn more and become better and better. There was always room for improvement, everyone knew that.

"Gerber! You there?!" Joanna asked, earning a glare from Nerisei who turned to look at her. Joanna Frey was a Sixth Year like herself, Pureblood and utterly annoying. As far as Neri knew, Joanna had tried out for the team last year and became one of Ravenclaw's best Chasers. That, though, did not give her the right to talk to Nerisei that way. "Shouting isn't very ladylike, Frey, don't you think? I am sure your parents wouldn't be very proud."

Honestly, Nerisei had no idea how Joanna's family treated her, or whether they were proud of her or not. Nerisei barely knew how Pureblood families actually were, until she met Dimitri. Not that she knew much now, since Dimitri didn't like to share what was happening at home, and Nerisei didn't want to push him, but she evidently knew a tad bit more that what she used to. Like, what Pureblood ladies were expected to do, how to talk, act... All the things Nerisei would never have or be.

"Just focus on the game, Gerber. We are doing laps. Start." And with that Joanna flew away, leaving Nerisei alone, smiling at herself. Her words had obviously annoyed Frey, but the Pureblood girl didn't say anything. It's not like she could come up with anything smart, Neri thought, before pushing these thoughts away and focusing on warming up.

Falling in line with the rest of her teammates, Nerisei flew around the Stadium, getting comfortable on her broom. As a Seeker, not much was needed, in her opinion. Except being a very, very good flyer. A Seeker, though, was the most important member of the team. She would have to dodge all the bludgers, go toe to toe with the enemy Seeker, and capture the golden snitch, a tiny golden ball that was too fast and too small. Nerisei wasn't sure about the catching part, but she tried to remain positive.

Failure though, was not on her list.

"Gather around!" The Captain shouted, and the two teams flew closer to the center of the pitch, where he was hovering. "Not all of us are made for this game, and that's perfectly fine. So, I'd like to see some fair play from all of you and remember, if you don't make it into the team, that doesn't mean you are bad with your broom, you're just not good enough for the sport. Good luck everyone!"

Nerisei waited for the bludgers and then the snitch to be released, and once she heard the sound of the whistle, she was off.

Game. Set. Match.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:34 pm

Dom's smirk went unnoticed as Dimitri's eyes remained on the field, trying to keep his eye on Nerisei as she moved around the pitch on her broom. She was a good flyer, that was obvious from the way she moved so flawlessly on the broom, but Dimitri wasn't too sure how she'd fair when Bludgers were whizzing around her, as well as other people.

"What's gotten you all grumpy? She not putting out?" Dom continued on, but Dimitri wasn't listening to the boy beside him as the teams readied themselves below after their warm up. "If she's not, you could always look elsewhere, I know Xena from Hufflepuff has been eyeing you up for some time now..."

Dom continued on, but once more Dimitri's eyes remained on Nerisei as she moved in and out of players, and Bludgers, willing her on even if he wasn't cheering out loud.

"Or, you could just ignore your buddies because your girlfriend isn't putting out!" Dom added, making a sweeping shot for Dimitri's crotch in an effort to get his attention. Thankfully Dom was not athletically blessed, and hit Dimitri on the thigh in the moment his own hand moved to stop him.

"Will you get lost, Dom?" Dimitri asked, pushing the boy away from him, though it didn't amount to much.

"Come on, spill the dirt, Dimitri, you've snagged one of the most beautiful girls in school and you're acting like you don't care!"

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Bullshit. If she wasn't your girlfriend, you wouldn't be here hoping she'll be okay by the time this is over!" Dom retorted instantly, sidling back up to Dimitri with a raised eyebrow. "Come on, or I'll spread a rumour that she's keeping you under lock and key and people can make their own decision if I mean that literally or not."

"Dom."

"Phil put me up to it."

"Course he did."

"So?"

"So, nothing has happened between us. On Ellie's life." Dimitri replied to the boy beside him. "I don't... think she's ready yet. So, I'm waiting." The boy lied, not wanting to come off as pathetic or something. "Now, watch the Quidditch."

And with that, Dimitri turned back to the game without another word on his (lack of) sex life.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptyThu May 31, 2018 9:37 pm

As the game began, Nerisei immediately flew after the golden snitch, that was still quite visible, surprisingly. Most of the time, Seekers flew all around the pitch, avoiding all the bludgers and all the players that could potentially fall into them, either by accident, or because they truly wanted them out --even though that was considered a foul--, but their main goal was catching that Snitch. And that was challenging enough on its own.

The witch turned to look at the other Seeker, noting how he was unable to spot the tinny golden ball that was flying around like crazy, and smirked. She was ahead, and that was good, right? Soon enough, though, Team B's Seeker caught up with the fact that Nerisei had spotted the Snitch, and was after her in a matter of seconds. "Shit." Nerisei mumbled to herself, her eyes on the Snitch, in an attempt not to lose the tiny sphere from her eyes.

Not sure how fast the other Seeker moved, though, Nerisei decided to look back in order to check where exactly the other Seeker was at, but to her dismay, a beater had just hit one of the bludgers, and was currently flying towards her. By the time Nerisei turned to look ahead of her, the bludger was about to hit her right in the face. As of instinct, though, Nerisei found herself doing a barrel roll, avoiding the dangerous bludger and successfully surviving another day.

"Merlin's beard!" Nerisei all but screeched as she leaned forward, creating more distance between herself and the bludgers that had threatened her life not a moment ago. The problem was that she now had no damn idea where the Snitch had flown off. Pulling her broom to a stop, Nerisei allowed herself to take a good look around, --not that it helped at all--, and try to spot the little devil. The sound of cheers were echoing in the background, but Nerisei wasn't sure whether it was their chasers that were scoring, or whether her team were getting their ass kicked.

"Nerisei! We need you!" Joanna's voice touched the witch's ears, snapping Nerisei out of her trance, just as soon as the snitch made an appearance again. "On it!" Nerisei yelled back, flying, once again, after the golden snitch. She wasn't the only one that had spotted the golden sphere though.

Team B's Seeker, was once again after her, nearing her faster than what the girl liked. Soon enough, the guy was right next to her, and Nerisei finally recognised him as James Benson, a Seventh Year. "Are you ready to get destroyed, Gerber?" James said to her with a smirk, but Nerisei didn't even bother turning to look at him. She knew that he was trying to break her focus, and the witch was not going to allow him that much. Oh no, she was so close to winning. She wouldn't lose this now.

"I am talking to you Gerber!" James yelled at her, taunting her, but Nerisei's eyes were still not moving away from the Snitch. In a matter of seconds, the tiny golden ball decided to dive into the Stadium, and Nerisei smirked. This was her chance to win, and she was about to do it impressively. Turning to James, Nerisei smirked at him, before speaking. "And I am winning."

Before Benson could register what was happening, Nerisei had dived down, sharply, going after the snitch. Knowing that Benson wasn't bright enough to figure out that she was performing a well known Wronski Feint, Nerisei felt herself smile as the male dived down after her, wanting to get to the snitch first. The Ravenclaw witch knew that her move was extremely dangerous, and would either win, or lose the game for her team, but Nerisei was well aware of her capabilities as a flyer, and had perfect knowledge of what to do.

As seconds past, her broom --And James--, was picking up speed rapidly, making their way to the ground a very short journey. Most people would have pulled on their broom and they would have stopped, too scared to compete against Nerisei, but James, being too proud, did not stop his broom. Instead, he leaned closer to it, accelerating enough to reach Nerisei. In about two seconds, they would crush...

"Have a nice stay at the Hospital Wing, Benson!" Nerisei yelled, and just before her broom could crush, she pulled up, smirking in satisfaction as the other Seeker crashed into the Ground below. Claps and cheers could be heard once again, and Nerisei knew that her move had earned her a lot of points, but there was one more thing to do before this game could be declared as won.

Eyes catching the snitch once again, Nerisei flew freely towards it, extending one hand and attempting to catch it, but to her dismay, the feathered ball slipped through her fingers, earning a frustrated growl from the witch. Trying once again, Neri extended her arm, reaching for the small object, but before she could touch it, a bludger hit her from the side, throwing her off her broom. Thankfully, the witch wasn't overly high, but the landing still hurt like a b-tch.

As the gasps touched the girl's ears, Neri knew that everyone would probably come to her aid, but the witch didn't want any help. Instead, before anyone could come close enough, the witch managed to raise her hand, showing off the bright golden snitch that was trapped between her fingers.

Nerisei had caught the snitch.

The whistle marked the end of the game, and Nerisei tried to push herself up, only to find an arm helping her up. Looking to her right, the witch spotted Joanna, who was smirking down at her. "Good job, Gerber. That was an impressive catch." She said, and after making sure Nerisei could stand on her own, she left, and went to find the captain.

The rest of the Tryouts went by in a blur, with Nerisei treating the small bruises she had received and cheering the rest of the players on. But what she couldn't wait for were the results.

An hour had passed, perhaps, before the Captain called for them. Everyone gathered around, anxious to find out who had made it into the team, and who had failed. Nerisei was nervous, her fingers tightly wounded around her broom, in an attempt to stop them from shaking. She had to be strong, no matter the outcome.

Names started being called, but Nerisei's wasn't one of them. First, it was the Keeper, then the Beaters and then the Chasers, until finally...

"Gerber?"

Everyone's eyes turned on the witch, staring, waiting to hear what the Captain would say. Nerisei's eyes found his and no matter how hard she had tried, she couldn't hide how anxious she was.
The cold face of the Captain broke into a huge grin as he pulled her into an awkward hug. "Please welcome our new Seeker, Nerisei Gerber!" Nerisei's eyes widened as she looked up at the Captain, completely oblivious to the clapping on the background. "That was very impressive, Gerber. I am surprised you hadn't tried out earlier. Now, go celebrate and make sure to rest." With a pat on the back, the Captain left Nerisei standing there, frozen. Some Ravenclaws came up to her to congratulate her, others were glaring, which was natural, but Nerisei didn't care about that.

Instead, she pushed past all the people, and started running towards the stands, where the only person that mattered was sitting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Watching Nerisei playing Quidditch was not easy for Dimitri, his eyes never leave the blur that he knew was her in that moment. The other Seeker was following much too closely, and Nerisei's attention was on him in the same moment that the Bludger headed towards her. Dimitri held his breath, watching as she rolled out the way from the flight of the Bludger.

"Much too close..." Dimitri muttered to himself, moving to the edge of the seat because of the tension he felt watching Nerisei's near miss in that moment. Only a moment later, though, Nerisei was diving towards the floor, and Dimitri's features moved to that of concern for the witch in that moment, his hands gripping on to the seat because he didn't want to watch...

And yet his eyes didn't move.

As Nerisei moved in to the Wronski Feint, sending the other Seeker crashing in to the floor, Dimitri was only growing more worried, switched off to the hollering from around him, from Dom's commentary, and the rest of the world. All that mattered was Nerisei, and Nerisei getting through the game unscathed.

The witch took a swipe at the small ball, and missed, earning a groan from the crowd, including Dimitri. But, only a few moments later, she tried again.

But she'd missed the Bludger heading her way.

"Nerisei!" Dimitri called out as she got hit, falling from her broom. The Ravenclaw was on his feet, pushing to the front of the stand to see if she was okay, clearly distressed. But Nerisei was up just a moment later, holding the Snitch triumphantly in her hand. She'd caught the Snitch, the game was over, but Dimitri wasn't worried about that.

Hurrying down from the stands as the team gathered up, the male stood waiting patiently for Nerisei to come out from the meet. He didn't care in that moment if she was on the team, or not, he just needed to make sure she was okay. How long he waited, he couldn't be sure, but it was much too long. Only when Nerisei moved away from the group did Dimitri move forward, opening his arms for her and drawing her close to him.

"Are you..." He shook his head, one hand moving to her chin to tilt it up towards him as he claimed her lips for his own in front of everyone there. "You're so foolish!" He insisted, kissing her once more, this time a little more deeply than he had before. "So, so foolish! Are you hurt?" He asked, his hand moving to her side where she'd been hurt as he looked to her for answers.

He might not have been happy with the witch before him before the practice, but right now, that was forgotten, Nerisei had been hurt, and he would not keep being an ass to her. No, Nerisei hadn't done anything wrong.

Except, perhaps, throwing herself in front of deadly Bludgers for the last few hours.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] Ravenc10

Welcome to the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]   Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout] Empty

Back to top Go down

Attempting to... Quidditch? [Dimitri - Seeker Tryout]
Page 1 of 1