Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  Empty
PostSubject: I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)    I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 2:59 am

The beginning of September bought with it a kind of tentative peace to Jackson's life. Ans for the first time in months, he felt... truly fulfilled. Almost everything was perfect. His office ran like a smooth, well oiled machine even when he wasn't present, helped to no end by Victoria and the checks she kept receiving from their bastardian benefactor, Sasha had begun university in earnest and was gone most days, reelection campaign period was still a good few months away to worry over and most of all, Tessa texted him multiple times a day to remind him what he now had with her.

After that magical weekend in DC when Jackson and Tessa had decided to see this thing through, the politician found himself at random intervals during the day. Sometimes he wold be stood in his bedroom after breakfast, trying to select a tie for work when it would cross his mind to consider what kind of tie Tessa would prefer, or else he'd be cooped up in a boring meting about budgets and stare out the window, imagining when he would reunite with the witch as Victoria took studious notes beside him, making up for his day dreaming. Sasha hand't noticed these bouts of sudden happiness, of course she hand't. More than self involved the redhead was... stupid. It had hurt Jackson to realize this but once he had, he had seen it for the truth that it was.

Victoria however had picked up on his good mood almost immediately. She hand't been able to pick him up personally upon his return from DC so Jackson had had to make do with the office car and driver but the moment she had seen him after, she had commented on his jovial output.

"Hey, I'm always happy when I see you, kiddo," Jackson had replied, reaching to ruffle the little Goblin's hair before moving on to his desk and the paperwork that awaited. The next few weeks had flown by and Jackson found very little could upset him as it stood. As if to test his hypothesis, a powder blue envelope sat on his desk, silver and gold borders denoting it to be made of expensive material and containing unnecessarily bulky contents. Where mail for him usually went through his staff before finding its way to the congressman, this was hand delivered with instructions for Jackson to receive it.

The wedding invitation was loud, as if the bride wanted the world to know she had a few hundred grands to throw away just on paper. And to her credit, the message was well conveyed with her choice of invite, directions, a business card for the wedding management agenda, a list of registered gifts, save the date notes, a seating chart, menu card and various other junk. The only mention of the groom on the entire thing was the small "Marries Wyatt Jameson" beside Judith's own huge, fancy, embossed name. He had clearly let ehr run the show, as she'd always wanted to.

If their donor had thought the card would upset Jackson, he was sorely mistaken. This display simply showed what a little cunt Jameson truly was if he got his kicks from sending cards to his soon to be wife's exes. Picking up the RSVP, Jackson merely checked the box marked "Attending" and added a plus one before sliding it across the table where it perched dangerously close to the edge of his desk. Victoria could fill out all the other junk and mail it back where needed. She was also more than capable of picking out a gift from the registry that was within their budget and would be just polite enough to say "fuck you" to the happy couple.

Noting the date of the event, the politician picked up his phone, requesting Victoria come into his office. As soon as the miniature lawyer entered, he gestured to the clumsily opened envelope on his desk and the sheaf of cards within as well as the teetering RSVP a bit away. "So kid, what say you be my date on the sixth of October. No wine, fancy abhorrent dining and a dress code that will make it hard to breathe all night long." The man grinned, letting her know he wasn't truly upset, and what a milestone that was. "But if you're good, I'll take you for pizza afterwords to wash the taste of Foie gras out of your mouth."

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)    I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 10:16 am

Landing back in America had been a welcome breath of air for Victoria. There was a distinctive feeling of being home when she was on American soil now that couldn't be shook up from what she would be returning to when she went to work. First on the agenda when she'd arrived home, though, was to head straight to work and get her desk in order from the couple of weeks she'd been away, making use of the time she had whilst Jackson was not yet back from LA.

They kept in touch constantly, of course, Victoria sending updates on their mutual interest in that moment, and then arranging for Victoria to pick Sasha up in Jackson's absence. Victoria had done all of it without the need to ask anything more of Jackson, and as lovely as Sasha was when they met, Victoria had found many of the witch's replies to come in forms of disinterest, or not knowing. Deciding to try to be helpful, Victoria had offered to show the younger witch around Milwaukee in Jackson's absence, and then took her shopping for some new clothes that would hopefully be to Jackson's liking, too.

Jackson was back soon enough, though, and the man was in the best of spirits, his joke of it being because of her made Victoria laugh softly as he mussed her hair, instinctively reaching up to push it back in to place. He was lying, of course, he was over the moon of Sasha's arrival, Victoria knew that much. And the happiness of Jackson's part didn't fade -- something that made the man much more productive, not that Victoria would point that out to him.

It was a blessing having Sasha Stateside, obviously.

Especially now Victoria could use the red head's presence to Jackson's advantage. Reelections might be a little ways off, but putting forward the beautiful young couple early would not harm Jackson's campaign in the slightest. Not, of course, that Jackson was thinking of that, yet. Jackson didn't plan that far ahead, and Victoria couldn't fault him for that at the moment, he had distractions in his personal life now.

The call from Jackson had come amid a flurry of paperwork in Victoria's office, the witch had been working through the pile when her phone rang, and she didn't even look when she answered with her usual 'Victoria's phone' when it was denoted as an internal call. Jackson's voice sounded, requesting her to come across to his office. The lawyer had asked for a couple of moments to finalise the piece she was working on, and after ten minutes, the witch had arrived at Jackson's office.

Upon entering the office, Victoria's eyes were instantly drawn to the envelope of Jackson's desk that was mightily out of place due to the sheer expense it denoted where it sat. Curiosity peaked in the young woman as she raised an eyebrow at Jackson, the explanation for the envelope coming soon after. What little information Jackson gave was enough for Victoria to work through and fill in the gaps of where they were going, and why. They'd been waiting with baited breath for the offer to come through, and both of them knew that whilst Jackson would not want to go to the wedding, they would have to, or else risk losing their political donor. Not that Victoria wished to go, either, the thought of spending time with Wyatt Jameson made her skin crawl, but she would not show her discomfort as Jackson extended the invitation to her, with the promise of pizza after if she was good.

"Number one," Victoria started with a soft laugh, moving forth to take the envelope from Jackson's desk because it went without saying that she would have to deal with this. "I'm not a child, so you don't need to coax me with the notion of pizza, Mr Blake!" The witch insisted, shaking her head at the though. "But, done deal, because yuck, fancy food!"

The two of them had their food taste in sync, which always helped when they ended up working late and ordering in. If they had been out of sync, it would have been a literal nightmare having to work with Jackson.

"And, number two, your fiance is here now, so wouldn't it be better to take Sasha? Show her off to the world?" Victoria pointed out, not too gruffly because she secretly would have loved to go and see the grandeur of the wedding. Not that she would admit that to Jackson, because that would not give the right message to him! "Or, is she busy? I don't mind, of course, though I'm really going to have to go shopping if I have to go to Mr Jameson's wedding, none of the dresses I have would cut it..." She explained, looking to the invite which looked way too expensive.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)    I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 1:36 am

Of the first point she rose, Jackson would barely give her half. The politician seriously considers picking up a card and holding it above Victoria's head, challenging the witch to reach for it to prove she wasn't a child. He decided against it however as a cross lawyer was not on his itinerary for today. Though to be fair, he had no idea what was, the tiny witch beside him usually so to that.

It was to her second point that he had to be creative. Of course, Victoria helped, even if unknowingly, filling in the blanks excusing Sasha's absence. He muttered something about school which was probably true, then added soemthing about the redhead's lack in interest in these things, which was also somewhat truthful. Victoria didn't need to know that his fiance was accommodating above all else, willing to do absolutely anything as long as it didn't require long term self improvement. It was exactly those qualities of Sasha that made her a tolerable partner in bed but absolutely droll everywhere else.

"You can use your work allowance for the dress,' the man insisted, knowing that whatever a gown would cost would only be needed for work related events. Ironically, Jameson would be paying hem to attend his own weddings. "And can you please pick me a suit while you're at it. I don't think I'll have time to go shipping and you know my size better than I do." It was true, she had done enough of his laundry in the past year to know his measurements by heart.

"We'll take my car though, so I can tell people I'm driving home," he added. Somehow, it had gotten ridiculously easy to discus his many issues around Victoria - something he couldn't freely do it home because the first thing his fiance had done after moving in was stock the wine cellar. But every time Jackson tried to comment on it, he found himself otherwise entangled in her limber body, perishing the thought momentarily from his mind.

"Oh and pick something for their gift, preferably something that can bite, growl or prick the happy couple," the wizard only half joked. "With any luck we'll be out by midnight and eating pizza by half past."

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)    I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 1:48 pm

The explanation as to why Sasha couldn't attend was not overly certain from Jackson's side, but Victoria didn't press the man before her. If he didn't want Sasha to attend, or else she was too busy, it wasn't her business, really. It just meant she had to come up with a solid enough story for when they went, because 'not being interested' was not a satisfactory excuse to lay before their donor, even if Victoria knew more than well enough that the redhead didn't have much interest in Jackson's work. That much had been clear when Victoria had tried to explain the campaign to Sasha simply, the look of disinterest had stalled the conversation, and Victoria had instead turned their attention towards Sasha's studies.

Here the witch had been a little more animated, but not so much for Victoria to be enamoured by the conversation.

"We'll say that Sasha is away with an arts trip that weekend. Her school has lots of outings that would justify the excuse. If we're asked, we can't remember if it was the Baroque trip or the Neo-Classical era she was studying, to give the excuse a little more weight." Victoria supplied, then after a moment. "I was interested to see what Sasha would be studying, even if I've never really understood the arts, I thought it best to try to make her feel welcome, so I read over the itinerary of her year."

The explanation might not have been necessary, but Victoria had given it, a small hint of pink in her cheeks as she admitted to schooling up on the subject choice of Jackson's fiance. She needed to know these things, she would counter if Jackson chose to tease her for it, because what good was she if she couldn't field simple questions on Jackson and Sasha's life when she might need to?

"Do you have a colour preference on the suit?" Victoria asked, accepting both the offered allowance from Jackson and the job of finding him a suit with ease. "Black wouldn't be a good idea, might be read as mourning the loss of-" The lawyer cut off, suddenly uncomfortable with fielding the notion Jackson felt that this was a loss. "I just meant that it might be read wrong. Blue suits are quite nice, though? Or else beige?" The suggestions came with an apologetic smile as she waited for Jackson's reply, though she was expecting a 'whatever you think is best' kind of answer from the man, in truth.

The rest Victoria noted with soft agreements, or a soft laugh, before noting that she would, indeed sort the present for the bride and groom, and with a comment on how she was sure the food would be better at the diner. They didn't need to argue over that point, either.

"Was there anything else?" Victoria asked, neatening up the papers from the invitation in her hand and waiting for Jackson's leave, or else any other business he might have with her that morning.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)    I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 am

Fortunately, his explanation for why his fiance would not be able to attend wasn't unduly scrutinized. Instead, Victoria ended up doing what she did best, spinning the whole thing in a manner that would make Jackson look good in all of this. The senator didn't care what excuse his fixer came up with as long as he didn't have to be saddled with the empty headed doll who would spend an entire evening asking him what everything meant.

"Umm, color preference?' the man looked up blankly. Technically, Jackson knew there was a right answer to the question, he just didn't know it. "Whatever looks okay with your dress, I don't know ask Jeanine in costuming." Being a senator of the United States Government was a lot like being a child, you got your clothes laid out for you, you got a break in summer and you got to screams and throw tantrums when you felt like it on the senate floor.

"Just no pink," he warned, though leaving it unclear if he wasn't the restriction for his suit or her dress. And though his legal adviser tried to backtrack the black thing, Jackson gave her an easy smile. "Relax kiddo, I'm fine with the whole thing," he assured her, the grin on his face confirming that he was... in a pretty good place in his life right now. "Besides, would't you agree that no two people were more suited to be with each other than Judith Bloomberg and Wyatt Jameson/" Truly. it was as if a special Tinder existed only for scumbags.

"Was there anything else?"

The raven haired male considered for a moment, tapping his fingers on the desk before phrasing the request carefully. "Could you please get your hands on the guest list, just to see if anyone we know well is attending. Might be nice going into the shark tank with familiar company." Of course, getting a look at the most exclusive wedding guest list of the year was near impossible, but Jackson had learned that the princess had her ways. If Tessa was on the list, Victoria would find out.

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)    I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 8:00 pm

The notion that she could pick his outfit out to match her own dress brought a smile to Victoria's face, the idea already formulating in her mind with the idea of matching Jackson in the brightest of pink suits in the world, just to see his face when he opened the suit sleeve for the evening. Of course, she would have a second suit on hand once she'd captured the look on his face, but the witch was cut short with the added 'no pink'. A playful pout touched the witch's lips in that moment, before a smile was back in place.

"Fine, no pink, but you'll look dashing in lilac!" Victoria teased the man in return for his quick quip to shut down her first line of thinking. Pink was her go to colour, even Azalea knew that with the dress that had come over from the UK a couple of days ago. But, if Jackson said no pink, then no pink would be what she would go with.

"I'm sure they're both very happy." Victoria replied, deflecting once more to her usual neutral stance when people tried to make her depict others in a negative manner. She didn't like to do such things, and even in this case, that wouldn't change. Though, even as Victoria said it, she knew it was not right, Mr Jameson was not happy with the relationship, no man who was happy in their relationship went looking elsewhere for some satisfaction, Victoria had learned that much of the man. But she pushed the idea from her mind, not wishing to show Jackson that she was uncomfortable with the mention of their donor in the slightest because she knew he would not react well to it.

Waiting for Jackson's final instructions, Victoria raised a questioning eyebrow at the request, but the question did not leave her lips. "I can do my best to get it, but I can't promise that there will be anyone interesting going. Potential donors, definitely, but..." The witch shook her head, both of them knew that they were not fond of the rich people that Mr Jameson would invite, but they would have to tolerate it.

With that, Victoria excused herself to get back on with her work, invitation in hand, and yet another job on her list from Jackson.

Life never would get dull around here, she supposed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)    I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)  Empty

Back to top Go down

I ought to say no, no, no sir (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1