Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

Jake Newbury

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

Birthday : 2012-08-06

Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) Empty
PostSubject: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Dominique was walking on the quidditch pitch. Try-outs for the Gryffindor team was coming up. This year she was going to actually try out. Last year she had talked herself out of it. Even though she had told her uncle and Victoria that she was going to do it. Even sent her a pair of gloves. Which was something that she was wearing. There was so many spots which Dia knew that she would be good at. Her  best friend Mercy is a chaser for the team. And Mimosa was a beater for the Slytherin team. But Dia had an idea of what she was going to try out for. She wanted to be the keeper. Which she knew was going to be hard since there was only one. So she knew that there was a possibility that she wouldn’t make it.

She knew the one person that she wanted to brag to was someone she wasn’t sure about. After learning about what her dad did and what he wanted her to do. It was something that was messing with her. And her dad was in prison and wouldn’t be getting out anytime soon. Dia had her speedstart in her hand and was ready to go. She wasn’t going to let the fact that her dad bought her first broom stop her. She really didn’t know what actually happened between her parents. But that wasn’t going to stop her from remembering all the good memories they had.

She took a deep breath then realized that she should of asked someone to come down to practice with her. Because it was going to do her no good if she could actually practice blocking. Dia was back to square one.

Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) PAGF2e
Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

Birthday : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 am

The thrill of making the Slytherin team had not yet waned on Nikolai, even if Mimosa's explanation of the whole try out to anyone who would listen explained how she had 'shown' him how to beat the Bludgers around the pitch and he was the 'bestest student ever'! Nikolai had let it slide simply because he couldn't be bothered to correct the witch who seemed hell bent on making anyone's achievements around her her own in some form or another.

This was the price of being around Mimosa Harrington-Clement, Nikolai had learned over the three years they'd spent together. But, it was okay, it was a small price at the moment, his achievements weren't overly big right now, and that meant he didn't have to worry too much.

Today, though, Nikolai had binned off the Slytherin and her entourage, instead heading out to the Quidditch Pitch with his new broom on his own so that he could practice flying on it some more. He wasn't the best flyer on the team, and thankfully as a Beater, you didn't have to be, but that didn't mean he couldn't put in more effort in that field, did it? Nikolai didn't believe so, which was exactly why he was hurrying down to the Quidditch Pitch that morning.

On his way, however, he found himself almost running in to one of Mimosa's friends. Diane... or something like that, Nikolai didn't really pay much attention to things that Mimosa said all that often, and usually Mimosa's friends were... well, quite like her, really. That was the nicest way of putting it, Nikolai realised in that moment as he took in the witch who looked to be dithering with the idea of going in to the Quidditch Pitch.

There was no way of getting in without actually being seen by the witch -- bar flying over the top, but that was just a little too much like avoiding someone, so Nikolai moved forwards towards the witch. "Hey," Nikolai greeted, nothing too over the top, nothing too stand off-ish either. "Going to practice, too?" He offered, motioning to the pitch so that he could work out if his own practice was going to be hindered in anyway.

Casting a quick look around for the emergence of others -- which house was Diane in again? Hufflepuff? Gryffindor? Man he needed to pay a little more attention at times -- Nikolai summarised he wasn't about to get steamrolled by another team looking to do their practices or try outs and thanked Merlin's soggy pants that he'd not been too short sighted to look in to these things.

Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) B9PKxb
Thanks to Kitty for the signature! <3
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Dominique was actually excited to see that someone else was there. This was her chance to actually try to see if she would be a good keeper. But she smiled when he asked her if she was going to practice. “ Yeah, that was the plan.” Dominique was trying to think what his name was. She was sure that she had seen him before. She was sure that it would come to her. If not she could always ask him. If nothing else then maybe he could help her practice. As she wanted to be the best keeper that she could be. As she knew that she didn’t want to be a seeker. As that was what her father played.

If she was thinking she would have asked Mercy or Mimosa if they wanted to help her practice. But her mind was all over the place. As she was thinking about her parent's divorce. She was trying to make sure that it wasn’t bothering her. So she was trying to keep herself busy. And it seemed like having some practice before tryouts was the best idea. “ Maybe you could help me out?” She smiled as she hopes that he was going to say yes. “ I know it is going to be hard for me to block the shots if I have to toss the quaffle too.” Dominique hopes that she would get on the team this year. Last year she had become too nervous to go through with it. This year was going to be different. She was going to go through with it. Dominique was just going to find out how to work past the nervous.

But she was feeling bad that she didn’t even know his name. And if he was going to help her practice it would be nice to know. “ I know I am going to feel silly for asking but what is your name?” She then waited for him to give her an answer.

Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 8:45 pm

The notion the witch before him was also going to try to get in some practice wasn't overly annoying, but at this point, that was because Nikolai didn't actually know where the witch played. If she was a Beater they could perhaps play off of one another a little, but if she played anywhere else... well, that wasn't the best option, she would get in the way if he let a Bludger loose, but it wasn't the end of the world. "Great," the boy commented with a small smile, still not wanting to cause offence to the witch before him.

The question thrown his way, though, of whether he could help made Nikolai consider the witch for a moment. Could he help? Yes. But didn't he want to help the witch? Nikolai wasn't sure what he would be able to gain from this one, but he decided not to write it off too quickly. Though, the next part of the question denoted where the witch played. Or... wanted to play. He was quite sure the witch was not on the Gryffindor team yet. "I'm sure I could help you, yeah." Nikolai replied to the question easily, before adding with a mischievous look. "But that means you owe me one back in the future."

Hopefully the witch would take that as a simple joke, nothing more, because Nikolai meant it. But it was best not to let people know that until they were in a position where they had to repay him.

“I know I am going to feel silly for asking but what is your name?”

Smiling, because that was indeed a silly question for the brunette witch to ask, Nikolai shook his head. "Depends who you ask. Mimosa always refers to me as Squid Boy, so I suppose you should follow her lead." The Slytherin replied without actually answering her question. If she truly didn't know his name, then he wasn't going to give it to her. Yes, he highly disliked being called Squid Boy, it wasn't his name, but it was amusing to know he had something of an elusive air to him, at least with this girl.

"Come on, Diane, lets get moving." Nikolai insisted, moving past the witch and in to the stadium without waiting any longer for her. Almost in the same moment that Nikolai had graced the grass on the other side, he'd mounted, kicked off and flew up in the air on his broom, enjoying the exhilarating feeling of the wind sweeping through his hair for a few moments. Almost as the boy remembered his mum doing when he was much, much younger... The reminiscent thought was pushed away though as the Slytherin turned in a wide arc, looking back to try find Diane.

Hopefully she'd have the hindsight to get the Quaffle if she wanted to practice, but she was a Gryffindor...

Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Dominique was excited that he was actually going to help her. Because she knew that if not then she would have to go find someone else. And she knew that she would lose all of her practice time. So this was working out in her favor.” Thanks, I am trying out to be a keeper and it is had for me to throw the quaffle and block it.” She then listened that she would owe him one. And she would have to pay him back some day. Which that was something that didn’t really bother her. And she really wasn’t thinking about that. As she was worried that she wouldn’t be as good as someone else who was trying to be a keeper. “ I think that could work. I promise that I will pay you back someday.” She did feel silly because she couldn’t remember his name. But once he said what Mimosa called him, it came back.” Oh, that is right Mimosa does call you squid boy.” Dominique knew if her head wasn’t attached she would lose it.

Dominique then rolled her eyes when he had called her Diane. “ That isn’t my name it is Dominique.” Well, Mimosa does call her Dia. But Diane isn’t all that far off. She wasn’t going to let this bother her and keep her from focusing on practice. Dominique had the Quaffle under her arm as she mounted her broom. She then kicked off the ground and now was flying. How she loved the feeling as it gave her a sense of freedom. But now she was hovering in front of the three hoops. She was really grateful that he was willing to help her out. Even if she did have to pay him back.

Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 6:43 pm

"You already said that," Nikolai pointed out to the Gryffindor witch as she repeated that it would be hard for her to block her own tossed shots. Either she had a short memory, or she was trying to get him to feel sorry for her. Neither of those scenarios invoked any kind of feeling from the Slytherin, truthfully, but it didn't make him warm to the witch, that was for sure.

The promise to pay him back brought a small smile to Nikolai's lips, though, the eagerness was almost adorable, but he paid no comment to that much, just tucking away the promise of repayment for another time. It was a little too easy, truthfully, but it was something that he had against the Gryffindor witch if he ever needed it.

"Mimosa does," Nikolai echoed the words with mild amusement. Yes, Diane wasn't very clever, she'd proved that much very quickly, but he wouldn't worry too much on that, instead enjoying the moment that came with finding someone who accepted anything and everything they were told without question.

The correction wasn't heard by Nikolai, though, he'd already kicked off the ground, only knowing that Diane had spoken because he'd heard the sound of talking. Shutting people out was much too easy when you were used to hanging around Mimosa Harrington-Clement, and when people didn't have much interesting to say, it was even easier. The skies swallowed most of Diane's words, though, so Nikolai could be forgiven for not hearing her, instead he zipped up in the air until he was at a reasonable height, drew his broom around in a circle to face the Gryffindor witch, and waited for her to throw the ball out to him.

It came a moment later, and Nikolai had to push his broom forward slightly to collect the short throw from Diane. And to sort out his hands because he wasn't overly used to the Quaffle. He was much more used to a bat being in his hand, and flying around as if his life depended on it evading the Bludgers aimed his way before returning them back at the opponents. Catching the sizeable Quaffle was a whole new game, but the Slytherin boy managed it.

"Ready?" He called to the Gryffindor witch, waiting only a moment for her confirmation before throwing something of a looped ball to the left hand hoop. It wasn't a fast ball, he didn't know how good Diane was at Quidditch, and didn't want to make her feel bad with a fumbled first shot, but if she proved to be good with the first ball, Nikolai would up the game just a little to make sure she didn't get bored, and also so that he didn't waste his time, too.

Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Dia couldn’t believe that she actually repeated herself. She was just so nervous that it had slipped out. “ Sorry about that my nerves are getting the best of me.” She knew that there was going to be one keeper. And she wanted that to be here. But she knew that they would only take the best. And she knew that there was going to be others better than her. So all she was doing was giving it her best. Just to say that she did try out this year. And she could always write her uncle Jackson and Victoria all about it.

She was always good to her word. So when she said that she would pay him back, she really would. Not a lot of people knew that she was the heir of Fox network. It was something that she really didn’t tell everybody. Because she wasn’t sure how she would be treated. She then listened as he said that Mimosa always called him squid boy. Dia had corrected him but it seemed like he really didn’t hear it. And she wasn’t going to bother to try and correct him again. Right now she was going to do her best and practice. She the flew up till she was in front of the hoops. That is when she tossed him the quaffle.

“ Ready as I will ever be.” Dia knew basically knew what she had to do. But she knew that there was a difference of watching a game of quidditch and actually playing. She then watched as the quaffle was tossed. She knew that she had seconds to try and block the shot. Dia watched as the quaffle was coming towards her. Now she was going through the motions of blocking. She then took the end of her broom and barley missed the quaffle. Dia then watched as it went through the hoop. She wasn’t going to give up so easily.

Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 1:33 pm

The first shot was an epic fail. There was absolutely no other way of explaining what had just happened in that moment. Nikolai wasn't even good at shooting when it came to Quidditch, and yet Diane hadn't even come close to his half hearted attempt at making the shot. Barely managing to contain his amusement at her ineptitude on the pitch, Nikolai shot after the Quaffle that had just soared through the hoops, caught it before it hit the ground without fumbling his broom too much, and headed back up to the hoops where Diane was waiting.

"Have you actually played Quidditch before?" Nikolai asked the witch, evidently not one hundred percent sure she should actually be playing Quidditch given the fact she missed one of the easiest throws in the world.

Switching the Quaffle to his left hand, Nikolai held his broom with his right which was much more comfortable. "Might it be better for us to practice catching on the ground first?" He asked, trying not to sound too dismissive of her capabilities, but Merlin knew that if she couldn't catch to begin with, handling both a broom and catching would be near impossible.

Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Dominique knew the first shot was an epic fail. But she wasn’t going to let that get her done. Because she was going to keep trying and practicing. As practice makes prefect or that was what she always heard. She wasn’t going to let this get to her. As she knew that one day she would be really good. She then watched squid boy went and caught the quaffle before it had hit the ground. He then asked Dia if she had every actually played Quidditch before. “ No I haven’t played before.” But she was sure that if she would put in the hard work, she would be great. Dia knew that she wasn’t the greatest and it was going to take a lot of work. Getting on the team this year wasn’t going to happen. That was if she really wanted to be the keeper.

Dominique then went down till she was on the ground. She had then listened to his suggestion. “ Yeah I think it would be better just practicing catching first.” Dominique was hopeful that everything was going to get better. “ I ‘m sorry that I am not that good.” Maybe she was just kidding herself and really shouldn’t be trying out for the team. As she knew that she was just going to embarrass herself. And she knew that she could always write her uncle telling him that she didn’t make the team. And that would save her the trouble of embarrassing herself.

Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 7:35 pm

“No I haven’t played before.”

The Slytherin looked completely and utterly baffled at this statement. Here he was thinking the girl would at least have some experience of Quidditch before she opted to try out for the Gryffindor team, and yet, here she was explaining how she hadn't ever played before. If Diane had been stupid before, she was now down right brain dead in Nikolai's mind. How did he end up getting to be around so many idiots in this school? Whatever he had done in a past life to deserve this, he sure hoped it had been a worthwhile endeavour!

Thankfully, though, Nikolai's suggestion to simply practice catching was accepted by Diane and he motioned for them both to head down to the ground. Following his own lead, Nikolai flew down to the ground, dismounting his broom before laying it down on the ground beside him. Waiting for Diane to do the same, Nikolai took in her apology with a small shrug of his shoulders. "We're not all born good, you just need to work on being a lot more clearer about your abilities. I thought you were some hot shot keeper, and you can't even catch!" He mused, before getting ready to throw the Quaffle.

"You ready?" He asked, not wanting to throw the Quaffle before she was ready and have her floundering around again. Merlin knew this was trying his patience enough without more abysmal displays of lacklustre female sporting 'achievements'.

OOC: Feel free to post a few throws and Dominique's capabilities in your next post Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)   Could you help me out? (Squid Boy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Could you help me out? (Squid Boy)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next