Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  Empty
PostSubject: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:37 am

When Jake had first contacted her, but the next morning after their little rendezvous at the Colleseum, Veronika felt her heart give a low thud. She laid in her bed, her hand over her heart and clutched her phone to her heart. She couldn't remember being so nervous and excited, before realizing it had been just a little over a decade ago, when she was seventeen and she was first meeting Ivan Sorokin. It should have been a scarier thought, that her body was reacting to Jake the same way it once had when she was in love with Ivan. However, she couldn't find herself caring because that was drawing a conclusion too quickly. At the moment she couldn't focus on the future.

Chances were there wasn't a future for her and Jake, right? How could it go further? She was a dinosaur and he was this nubile very hot thing and it was all so very sucky that she wasn't younger or she wasn't prettier. With that thought in mind she played with her hair as she contemplated where to go with things between her and Jake. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to meditate herself. She had opened the balcony doors to her villa room and was breathing in the Rome air with a sweet sort of mentality.

This was Rome.

This wasn't about five days from today, or five months from now, or even five years. That's not what this vacation was about. It was about something fun, something new, something exhilirating and something exciting. This wasn't just about her anymore, she realized as she jolted up from bed with a new found energy. She rummaged through her clothes and pulled out her white one-piece changing into it quickly she paused mid-way through grabbing her beige cover up to tell Jake to meet her at to meet her at. Sant'Eustachio Cafe was ideal.

It was a short drive to the sea, to the docks so she could find a boat to swim on the Ostia port. She paused before grabbing her bag, sending another text to Jake to tell him to dress to be ready to swim after breakfast. She bit her lower lip. This was her way of making a move. If he wanted to, he could chose not to dress ready to swim, and she'd swim alone and enjoy the sun. If he wanted to pursue whatever this was further, he'd be willing to follow her after breakfast for a swim in the sea. This was going to good, she told herself as she looked at herself in the mirror before braiding her hair quickly in a side braid and stuffing a change of clothes into her knapsack along with her travel guide, phone and wand.

With a smile, she headed out ready to start a day, and maybe even a Rome romance with Jake Newbury.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:08 pm

To say Jake has been bemused by the outcome of the previous night would be an understatement. He'd enjoyed himself for most of it, but he'd soon become confused with the witch's actions as she left him on the dance floor without an explanation of any sort. Being stood up, or whatever you'd call that, wasn't something Jake was used to, and he'd lost her as he tried to catch up.

Frowning to himself, Jake had moved to the bar after being called over by the barman and taken Veronika's number that she'd left for him. He'd put the number in to his cellphone, saved it and then fallen blank on what to do next. Should he call her? Should he text her? Or should he just wait.

It had been a couple of hours later - sometime in the early morning, he presumed, when he was back in his rented flat, led out on his bed, that Jake had text Veronika. Hey, I'm sorry if I did something wrong... If what happened isn't okay with you, we can forget it happened. I'm not doing anything today though, so perhaps we can still meet up like you suggested? Jake.

He'd woken up sometime in the morning to the vibration of his phone, telling him to meet Veronika at a cafe and to bring swimwear. Smiling at the response, Jake had taken a quick shower and changed in to a pair of swim shorts and a polo shirt. Packing a bag with a bottle of water, sun cream and his towel, Jake had moved off towards the cafe as he'd been instructed.

On the way he wondered how he should greet Veronika, she hadn't mentioned the night before, so maybe it was just best not to bring it up? Or maybe he was supposed to continue with what they had started? He wasn't sure, so until he had some idea, he was going to play it cool.

Stepping in to the cafe, Jake noted that Veronika wasn't there yet, so trying not to worry too much, he ordered two coffees and some breakfast, just a couple of pastries - because when on holiday, why not? Before he took a seat at the table just outside the door, waiting for Veronika to show up.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 3:56 am

Now.

The word was a noun, and it was used to describe the place in time that was most often equal to the 'moment'. It was to live in the present as opposed to worrying about the past or considering the future. It was without a doubt the single most motivating word to Veronika. It wasn't that she was scared of whatever was going to happen with Jake, no, even though she was a Hufflepuff and not a Gryffindor she was no coward. Rather she was altogether getting her head and heart tied up into knots and the butterflies in her stomach ruffled over this idea that there was something more than there really was. Rome was like this pretty blanket, this gorgeous dome that was keeping Veronika in the now. Her thoughts of Ivan were at a bare minimum, her thoughts of Beatriz and Madame Souvielle were at a bare minimum. Seldom if ever did she think of anything but what excited her and what made her happy.

So for the now, what she was doing with Jake was perfectly appropriate and perfectly fine. With that in mind she pushed open the door to the cab, with an air of confidence tinged with anxiety. It wasn't really something she had to fake. Whatever happened with Jake, didn't have to be more. It would merely be something here. She'd be a 'cougar' and they'd be 'taboo' if they were to be anything more wouldn't they? Sure she didn't look old, as she worked to make sure she didn't, but she felt old sometimes and she felt like she'd be hindering Jake's youth. No, she didn't want to stunt him.

But she did want him.

And that was enough for her to walk right up to the cafe only to blink in surprise as she realized that he was already seated into the door. With a small grin she approached the table and took the opposing seat.

"Hey you," she said, "I see you took the liberty of ordering for us, thank you," she told him with a grin, "how was the rest of your evening?" She asked politely as she toyed with the rim of her cup, the butterflies in her stomach more out of nerves rather than excitement.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:01 pm

Thankfully, Jake didn't have to wait long for Veronika to show up, so it didn't much matter that he'd been sitting on his own with two coffees, likely looking like some kind of loser to anyone who didn't know the situation. He smiled warmly as Veronika took her seat, thankful that he'd chosen sunglasses so she couldn't see his eyes had been a little less than discrete in their movements.

She looked great today, not that she hadn't the night before.

An idle thought wandered to trying to decide if that had been a purposeful move, or whether it was simply how Veronika would have dressed outside his company. Whatever the answer, Jake didn't mind appreciating.

"Hey!" Jake replied, his smile matching hers as she teased him about ordering. "I didn't want to get in trouble with the owner for sitting in his seat without giving him custom. I got a latte and a cappuccino, so take which one you'd prefer and I'll have the other." Jake insisted, motioning to the two cups before them. "And then, you pick a pastry of your fancy." He added, hoping that she wouldn't be too worried about her figure and waste the pasty that looked amazing.

As the question moved to his evening, Jake sat back, taking his coffee from the table and sipping it lightly. "Well, I stayed after you left, because I wasn't sure if you were coming back. I don't know how much I had to drink, but I know this coffee is heavenly this morning." Jake told her, not calling her out on leaving because he didn't want to make it awkward for either of them.

"I'm looking forward to our day though, if you don't mind me saying. It's been a while since I've swam somewhere warm!" He joked, though he didn't know if she'd quite understand the point he was making about the Minnesotan lakes. Not that it mattered, even if she thought he meant Scotland, she wouldn't be wrong.

"How are you today, anyway?" Jake asked, tearing a piece of the pastry he'd ordered and popping it in his mouth, savoring the taste as he waited for Veronika's answer.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:38 am

As Veronika entered the cafe and found Jake there was a significant change in her body. For one thing her stomach felt overrun with the utterly dreadful butterflies that tingled and tickled her sense that unintentionally drew forth a sweet and warm smile on her face in response to his own hearthy one, as she plopped herself into the chair across from his. His energy was truly appalling, how dare he be so calm and collected yet so handsome and conversational? How dare he be so alright when she felt like she was mess inside over him? She gave a small sigh before making herself more comfortable in his presence in order to not give away how scared she was to just be so reckless.

Being reckless had never felt so perfect and truthfully, there was no other man alive she could be so reckless with that wasn’t the one sitting across from her.

“I doubt you’d get in trouble, but then again I don’t speak Romanese? Roman? I don’t know what the official language is so I don’t think I’d be able to help much,” she laughed a bit nervously tucking a stray hair from her braid behind her ear and letting her smile softly. She grasped eagerly for the latte, not feeling much for a cappuccino before grabbing at the pastry too. She gave him a bright grin. “I swear every time we meet I just end up liking you more and more,” she said before diving into her breakfast more than a little happy to indulge in sweets for breakfast.

“Oh,” now she felt a little guilty that he had stayed back but she shook the feeling off. She needed that time to recollect her feelings otherwise she wouldn’t be sitting before him. Then again from the way she was feeling last night, if she had it her way she wouldn’t have woken up alone this morning. She flushed a lot at that fact looking down at her drink before sipping on it dutifully. She looked back up at his joke and let out a gentle giggle. “Then I’m excited to reintroduce you to it, and I don’t know how great I’ll do but I’m shooting for an Outstanding in it.” She felt nerdish saying that. She couldn’t bring herself to not say it either.

“I’m feeling much more prepared to spend this vacation with you,” she slid a free hand on top of the table and gave the most reassuring smile she could, “if you’d be so willing to indulge me.”
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:59 pm

The comment on being in trouble, and then the confusion with the language that was spoken, Jake couldn't help but let out a small laugh in response. "Italian." He supplied for Veronika when she had finished trying to guess. The small gesture of tucking her hair behind her ear was one that... well, it made his eyes move to follow the movement for a moment, the access to her neck...

And then his eyes moved back to the witch's face.

The comment on liking him more each time they met made Jake smile in response. "That's probably because you don't truly know me." Jake insisted, not because he wasn't confident in himself, he had confidence, he just never saw himself as anything remarkable. And it wasn't as if he was hiding either, he just knew that it took time to really know someone, and eventually, Veronika would find something she didn't like about him.

The soft 'oh' made Jake smile gently. "Don't worry. There wasn't anyone else. Just me and several vodkas." He explained, though why he was assuring her of that much, it just... yeah, he had no explanation for that.

The comment on a grade, well, that made Jake's head swim for a moment before coming back to the real time. He did not need such thoughts running through his head about the witch before him, because he had absolutely no idea where this was going, and hopeless thoughts were not going to be a good idea. "I'm sure you'll do just fine. I only give out those grades to the best students" Jake reassured the witch, probably a little more delayed than it should have been in that moment.

And now he was in to the point of saying things that he probably shouldn't from the encouragement from Veronika.

But with the final words, the words that her holiday was his to share. He paused not quite sure on the offer that he was being given. But after a moment, he placed his left hand in hers, smiling reassuringly. "I'd be happy to." He responded, squeezing her hand gently.

Honestly, he didn't know where this was going to lead, but he was happy to go with the flow until it became clearer.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Veronika flushed and winced, feeling embarrassed she hadn’t known the answer to the language spoke in Rome. That should have been the easiest answer really, but when she was around Jake she felt hazy. She felt as if she couldn’t really get her wits about her properly, but oh what a pleasant feeling it was to not be able to think in the presence of the one she really liked. He was something new and refreshing and what a rush it as to be able to live in the moment with him.

“I swear I would normally know the answer, I’m a Professor after all, I just sometimes can’t think around you,” she murmured nervously laughing playing with the hair she tucked behind her ear. She wasn’t used to this. Things between Ivan and her had taken her completely by surprise. That wasn’t to say she was expecting to meet Jake in Rome, but at the same time she hadn’t had anyone before Ivan. There were others she’d dated, Tristan, Alec, blah blah they all kinda felt the same in the end. Just playful boys who didn’t like any of the same things she did. They eventually became flings, and so in that way this thing with Jake wasn’t entirely new. However it wasn’t the same with those guys. With those guys she was giving them what they needed, but with Jake he didn’t take more than she was willing to give. He respected her boundaries, he let her leave; he didn’t push her the night she left him at the bar to come back to him or let him come to her. Cos really with her lowered inhibitions she would have given him her address or returned.

No, right off the bat Jake was something altogether different and altogether new.

“That’s good to know,” she grinned broadly, her smile stretching over her cheeks, “I um, I went straight back to my villa after I left.” She should have probably explained why she left but she figured it was good to keep him guessing a bit.

At his response to her ‘Outstanding’ nerdish one she couldn’t help the inappropriate blush that spread over her cheeks and neck. It wasn’t an irksome colored blush that made her look itchy, rather it was a light pink in contrast to her tanned skin and complimented the color of her lips nicely even if her thoughts weren’t entirely innocent. She’d never thought of her comment in that way, but now the idea was firmly there. It was a hot scenario, she admitted ruefully drinking more of her cappuccino and glancing around the cafe to avoid meeting his eyes so she could regain momentum. After a moment or two her lips curled into a sly smirk. “Then I guess I’ll have to work hard to be deserving of that grade.” She flirted shamelessly, it felt a little cheesy and she resisted the urge to wink it was so cheesy.

“So after breakfast would you be willing to indulge me in a walk to the Naples Port from this cafe,” she asked casually drawing circles into his thumb with her hand. “Along the way we could pick up some sandwiches before going swimming?” She suggested, her eyes soft and urging him to indulge her idea for the day.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  EmptySun May 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Jake smiled as Veronika got a little nervous. It was cute to see her like that, though he wouldn't want her to be nervous around him often, he liked seeing that side of her. "It's okay." Jake assured her gently, hoping she wouldn't get too hung up on that moment, because it really didn't matter.

The explanation of where she'd gone was kinda useful to Jake. Though he didn't know where the apartment she was staying in was, it did make him feel better to know that she'd gone home, rather than elsewhere.

Why it mattered, Jake wasn't sure. This wasn't his usual set up for nights out. Usually he would end up being asked back to the woman's house - never his own as was a rule of his - they'd have their fun, and he'd leave the next morning, promising to contact them, but never sticking to such a commitment. Not that he was a liar, he just didn't really want a dunderhead as a partner.

Though, he supposed it could be argued that he was the dunderhead.

The flirting made Jake smile as he finished up his pastry as a breakfast, and went back to his coffee. "I'm sure." He mused softly, though he didn't quite know what Veronika had in mind. Going with the flow worked for him though.

The plan for the day, mixed with the soft caress of his hand made it almost impossible to say no to Veronika, not that he had any intention of saying no to start with anyway. "That sounds amazing!" Jake told the witch, finishing up his drink and putting the cup down. "Whenever you're ready." He added, though he wasn't in any rush.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)    Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Coffee for Two? (Jake & Veronika - Rome)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Two (2015-16)-
Jump to: