Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Good For A Weekend (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Good For A Weekend (Victoria) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Good For A Weekend (Victoria) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Good For A Weekend (Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Good For A Weekend (Victoria) Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Good For A Weekend (Victoria)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Good For A Weekend (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 am

As the weekend approached, Corey was already getting restless to go out. Being cooped up indoors (or rather, in Hogwarts) did not provide the space he needed and so, slipping into something comfortable, he left the castle. Despite the snow, he was wearing a baseball cap, turned backwards, simply because it was part of his attire and felt right.

Glancing up at the overcast sky, Corey slipped his gloved hands into his pockets and walked down to the village. The snow was no longer falling, but he could tell it had only recently stopped as the ground was covered in the power. Before him, the path was an undisturbed blanket of white, telling him that nobody had been out before him despite being mid-afternoon.

He was hungry, that much he knew, and so his first stop was the surprisingly crowded Hog's Head. I must have just missed a severe snow storm, he thought, stepping to an empty table and sitting himself down. Ordering food and a drink, he leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest as he waited and watched.

Last edited by Corey Warren on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:19 am

Once again, it was the weekend, and Victoria had a few errands to run. Her parents had sent a package to the post office, for some reason, so she had to go and pick that up. After that, Victoria had quickly stocked up on quills and parchment before heading towards The Three Broomsticks.

The queue to get in to the pub had been much too big for Victoria, though, so instead she turned towards the Hog's Head, slipping through the door and finding that the pub was also much busier than usual. Looking around, none of the tables were free, so Victoria ordered a drink, and some food at the bar, before walking down the middle of the pub, looking for a space.

She found one, eventually, with a boy a little younger than her perhaps, on his own. Moving to the table, Victoria gave him her brightest smile, hoping to come across as friendly - her usual persona, of course. "Hi, would you mind sharing this table? There's nowhere else to sit..." She asked softly, hoping he wouldn't mind, because her next best option was sitting next to two older men, but they looked busy and she didn't wish to disturb them.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Good For A Weekend (Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:42 am

He was fairly annoyed at the sheer amount of people, especially idiots who came and asked if they could share tables. "If I wanted company, I wouldn't have come alone," he had told them, and sent them away with a look of irritation. Honestly, Corey just wanted to eat and drink in peace, not socialize with some stranger. The food was taking a while to arrive - due to the sheer number of people, he guessed - but he didn't mind waiting.

His attention was drawn to what was apparently a couple behind him, arguing with a waiter who had apparently gotten their order wrong, rolling his eyes at the dramatics. It wasn't as if the older wizard was going to die or anything by eating a plate of spaghetti rather than a square of lasagne.

A voice caught his attention and he looked up, his previous phrase on his lips before he actually saw who was there. Every prefect knew the witch standing in front of him - the Head Girl, Victoria Newbury. A few rumours had reached him about her only being picked for that position because of her brother, but it was very quickly squashed by those who knew her. She was helpful, friendly, and - simply put - hot.

Corey himself did not find her the most attractive person in existence, but he could definitely admire her figure and looks. Returning the bright smile, he replied, "Not at all. It gets lonely by myself, and I wouldn't mind the company of someone like you." Motioning to the chair opposite him, Corey smiled again. "What brings you out on a day like this?" he asked, deciding to strike up conversation.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 1:25 pm

It was as the boy looked up that Victoria placed him properly. Corey Warren, prefect. From the meetings they'd had, he seemed like a nice boy and Victoria's smile grew just a little knowing a familiar face.

"Not at all. It gets lonely by myself, and I wouldn't mind the company of someone like you."

Victoria couldn't help feeling relieved in that moment, taking the seat opposite Corey. "Thank you so much!" She replied, truly meaning the words (not to mention being completely oblivious to his flirting). "I'm sorry to hear you're alone though!" She added, because no one should have to be on their own. Her own 'loneliness' was because the girls in her dorm were expressing the need for a long day's shopping, and Victoria didn't have the time for that.

"What brings you out on a day like this?"

"I had to pick up a package from my parents." Victoria explained, motioning to her bag where she'd shrunk the box. "And get some more school supplies. I used more card than anticipated on my study cards!" She explained, shaking her head at that fact. "And I thought I would grab some lunch quick before I head back to the castle. The Broomsticks was full!

"What about you?" Victoria asked, taking a sip of her Butterbeer that warmed her through on the cold day. She carefully licked the froth from her lips - innocent in the gesture - before placing the cup back in place.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 1:47 pm

"You are most welcome," he replied, wondering if she was flirting back, or if she was honestly just that innocent. From what he had heard around the common room, Victoria was, simply put, a blonde. Not in the sense that she was stupid - oh no, she was brilliant and smart, probably the smartest witch in the entire Hogwarts - but that she did not realize it when people had ulterior motives. She had a very naive mindset, and that both intrigue and irritated Corey.

On one hand, it was amazing that she could have lived this far in life and not been corrupted, but on the other, she was so innocent it was almost fake. He was certain it wasn't faked, but it annoyed him nevertheless.

In any case, she was still beautiful. The boys back in his dorm would have given anything to be in this position (the things they discussed would be enough to make his older brother blush) but Corey just did not care about any of this. For him, it was about the game - the rush of excitement he felt when he was trying to figure out someone. And who better to try and figure out than the Head Girl?

"What about you? Someone as beautiful as you should not be allowed outside alone," he replied.

Nodding at her next words, he pretended that he cared about what she said more than he actually did. She was definitely smart - that much he could tell - and put in a lot of effort into her work. More than necessary, if he was asked, but it was useful information for if and when he ever needed help with something. This was rare - he considered himself fairly smart - but there were topics he struggled with, not because he didn't know them, but because they bore him.

"I was bored," he said simply. "And I needed to get out of the castle."

She is either the best flirt I've seen, or the most oblivious female in existence, he decided, turning to thank the waiter as he (finally) delivered his food.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Victoria simply gave him a smile when he said she was welcome. She was grateful that Corey was happy to sit with her, even if only for a little while. Taking another sip from her drink, Victoria let out a small giggle when he asked how a 'beautiful' girl like her was doing on her own.

"I don't think I'm beautiful, but girls can be out on their own." She replied, not harshly, just in a tone that said she believed in equality. "But, my friends decided they wanted to go for a full day of shopping, and I have things to do back at the castle this afternoon, so I had to decline their offer to join them. I have gotten a lot more done though today on my own." She explained, adding the last as an after thought. She loved her friends, but she did get a lot more done this way.

"Bored?" Victoria asked, considering this notion. "Aren't the Gryffindors decorating their common room?" Victoria asked, because the Hufflepuffs most certainly were, or sneaking in to the kitchens to bake cookies in the shape of Christmas trees. "Or, you could have been making snowmen, or having a snow fight with your friends..." She suggested, giving off a small shrug, and then smiling towards him.

"Are you heading home for the holidays, Corey?" The witch asked, genuinely interested. She couldn't remember seeing his name on the list of students staying, but she might have been wrong.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 3:08 pm

"Oh, no," he said at once. "Of course girls can be out alone! I was just wondering why someone who is as gorgeous as you doesn't already have a date." Listening to the rest of her explanation, he nodded, although he didn't fully understand it. To him, he always did everything by himself and never, ever went shopping; it took up too much time. With a smile, he commented, "I find that to be true; it's faster to do things alone."

"Very much so, but less now you're here," he said. He was quickly realizing she was very - to put nicely - innocent. All his hinting was not clear at all, and Corey was beginning to wonder just how much he could push his luck. Nodding along at her words, he couldn't help but smirk. She sounded like a ten year old, not a seventh year Head-girl - but perhaps that was why she was Head girl. She held a innocent and untainted look on life and all there was.

It would have been refreshing if Corey had been anyone else, but he merely found it something to consider.

"My friends aren't interested in all that. Perhaps you might like to, some time?" Corey smiled back, wondering what his mates would say if they could see him flirting with the Hufflepuff they all considered 'hot'.

At the question, he merely shrugged. "I'm not sure. It depends on what my siblings want. We will be going home for at least a few days, but I think they may want to spend some time here as well." He paused, offered her a half-smile, and asked back, "What about you?"

Corey knew he had to thread carefully. One wrong move and her brother - and his Professor - might take things the wrong way. The last thing he wanted was for a misunderstanding to take place with an adult, but he would let his dorm mates speculate all they wanted. That was most of the fun, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:09 am

The idea of having a date made Victoria shrug. She didn't quite understand what Corey meant in that moment. "I just didn't have one." Victoria replied, her smile showing that she really didn't mind not having one. Hopefully all the other girls had one, if they wanted one. If they were all happy, then Victoria could be too!

"Very much so, but less now you're here,"

A light blush touched Victoria's cheeks at the boy's reply. The comment was sweet, and Victoria believed Corey had meant it. "I'm glad I could be of some help!" Victoria replied, smiling a little shyly because the comment was still making her glow a little more than it should have.

The idea of making a snowman with Corey made Victoria nod enthusiastically. "I would love to do that! Honestly, I don't think you're ever too old to make a snowman, but my friends disagree at times." Victoria explained, shrugging a little. "I still enjoy it!"

The information on Corey's plans made Victoria nod, taking a sip of her drink. "That sounds great! I'll be heading home tomorrow to see my parents. The snow at home is going to be so much deeper! Hopefully we won't get too much snow though..." Victoria explained, before shaking her head. "It'll be nice to be back in America for a little while."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good For A Weekend (Victoria)   Good For A Weekend (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Good For A Weekend (Victoria)
Page 1 of 1