Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) Empty
PostSubject: Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)   Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 4:27 pm

His day had been good, full of things to do. His friends had finally finished their homework and so, no longer alone, they headed out to the grounds and had an impromptu snowball fight which ended when Nicholas missed Corey by quite a bit and ended up hitting some random younger year. She had not been happy at all, and dampened all their moods. So, instead, after some half-hearted apologies, they moved inside.

The rest of the day was spent indoors, playing a game of their own device. It was complicated and involved a lot of running and spell casting and the possibility of someone actually getting hurt, but they enjoyed it nevertheless; there was no sense playing something that was safe, after all.

His evening was taken up by his siblings, writing a letter to their youngest brother and sending off their weekly package to him before just sitting around and talking about their days. Family time happened almost daily, and they never missed it except for the rare occasion. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day, and it was only once it reached Colette's bed time that they departed.

Instead of using one of the normal bathrooms, Corey headed towards the prefects one for more privacy. It was cleaner, since fewer people frequented it, and had a nicer feel. Taking his second shower for the day, he made sure it was a cold one, despite the chill of the winter air, because he was due for a patrol; he was scheduled for night duty, and as such needed to be as awake as possible.

His duty was not to start for another half hour, so he moved to the mirror to begin shaving; while some considered a beard a sign of masculinity, Corey found it nothing by annoying.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)   Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:22 pm

It has not been a surprise to Alexander that he had not been chosen for the prefect duties of the school. He was not a good student, you need only look at his attendance percentage to know that. But, despite his lack of attendance, he never fell below an Exceeds Expectations in his mock tests.

Probably because he had turned up to the exam meant he achieved that grade, because the professors hadn't thought he would.

But, the annoying part of not being a prefect was the fact he didn't get the perks of the job. Namely, being able to use a bathroom that had not been messed up by Merlin knew how many other boys, and to have some privacy. Thankfully, however, Alexander was good enough friends with one of the Slytherin prefects to obtain the password. So, with a bag with his towel and clean clothes, Alexander had trekked up to the fifth floor, and let himself in to the bathroom with too much ease.

Alexander had just locked the door when he heard someone swilling out a razor - or rather, it sounded like that as they moved the blade in the water to rid it of the hairs. Turning around, Alexander noted Corey, a Gryffindor in his year. Alexander didn't know the boy personally, but he knew of him. They'd just never had the chance to speak, given the house rivalry that Alexander didn't care for.

Nodding towards the boy in the mirror, Alexander moved towards the bath, setting out his clean clothes, and acting as if he belonged. He knew the other boy wasn't going to be stupid enough to think he was a prefect, but Alexander wasn't one to play such games. "I won't be long. Michael said I could borrow the room. You can run along to Headmaster Jameson for the good it will do, but I'm going to use the bathroom." Alexander told the boy, not hostile, just matter-of-fact. "But, if you're not one of those prefects, I'll thank you now." He added, showing that he wasn't looking for trouble, but wasn't affected by it either.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)   Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:22 pm

He was just finishing up when he heard the click of the door indicating some entered. Not bothering to turn around, Corey instead lifted his eyes to glance into the mirror reigning in the surprise as he saw someone that was most definitely not a prefect. Still not commenting as the Slytherin sent a nod his direction, Corey merely washed his face and wiped the blade on his pants.

"I'm quite certain that the room is not Michael's to loan," he replied, imitating the tone used by the boy - Alexander, if he wasn't mistaken. He was a Pureblood, wealthy both in name and actual currency, which meant Corey wanted little to do with him. Snotty, arrogant, and a whole bunch of other adjectives crossed his mind, but he didn't voice anything out just yet.

Instead, he shrugged. "Thank me, curse me, love me, it makes no difference." Finally turning around to look at the boy, he placed the palm of his hands on the space between two sinks and pulled himself to a seating position. "So do what you gotta do, and I'll do what I have to," he added.

What this meant was open to interpretation, and Corey himself did not know what he was going to do. If Alexander turned out to be an ass - and most Slytherins were - Corey would most definitely not allow himself to be treated with disrespect. But, if the boy before him was going to be relaxed about it and not treat him with contempt, then Corey honestly did not care what he did.

Swinging his legs a little, he folded his arms and simply looked towards the Slytherin, waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)   Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:44 pm

"I'm quite certain that the room is not Michael's to loan,"

"That might be true, but he did anyway." Alexander replied, shrugging off his shirt. Getting undressed in front of other people had never bothered him, those were the joys of having someone dress you almost everyday. Of course, when he was at Hogwarts he dressed himself, but his parents disliked him continuing that when he was home.

Which probably prompted his laziness at times.

With the comment on doing what he had to do, Alexander simply continued to get undressed, pausing when he was stood in only his underwear. The Slytherin decided to not push the other boy too much, instead reaching down to a tap and putting on the water, mixing in the bubbles and waiting. "You do what you have to do, I'm not going to get in the way." Alexander assured the boy, checking the water and then slipping in to it, sitting so he could still see the other boy.

Alexander let out a soft sigh as he sat comfortably, closing his eyes for a moment and enjoying the warmth of the water in comparison to the cold chill of the castle.

"You know, it always amazed me that the prefects got such a good bathroom in comparison to everyone else. I mean, the whole school is magical, I don't think it would have been too much to ask for every dorm to have one, do you?" Alexander asked, opening his eyes and looking back to the Gryffindor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)   Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 11:03 am

Corey smiled, keeping it a simple friendly one that held no hidden meanings, but even as he did so, said calmly, "And that will be on him." What that meant would be left to interpretation, but he was very good at denying things, and couple with his perfectly innocent features, knew proving he intended on using that to his advantage was practically impossible.

"And what if by being here, you are?" he retorted. It wasn't true; Corey had no plans that could be interrupted, but he wanted to see what the Slytherin had to say. It would definitely be something to consider.

Watching in amusement, Corey tilted his head at the question, but didn't need to think for more than a few seconds. He had always been someone to find an answer quickly, not needing much time at all to develop a fully formed reply to most things.

With a casual shrug, he said, "It makes sense to me. We work. It's not just us bumming around. So, the school compensates our hard work by giving us nicer facilities." Making sure that the sarcasm was just tinting it, he wondered if Alexander could pick it up. People who couldn't weren't worth this time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)   Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Games were something that Alexander enjoyed. But he enjoyed them more when he had the upper hand. It did not take him long to work out he would have to play a much better game than normal if he wanted the upper hand. The Gryffindor was not his fiance (fortunately) which meant it was a little more difficult. So, Alexander decided to ignore the first comment.

"If... by being here I am in your way..." Alexander mused, his eyes moving back to the boy across the room. His smile was easy, showing that what he was about to say was not said in hostility - truthful, but not hostile. "Then I would have you removed from the castle." Alexander explained. He wouldn't explain how because that was time consuming, but he was sure the boy would know enough to not ask questions. "So, I really do hope that you're not thinking I'm in the way." Alexander finished, a smile of amusement on his lips.

"Hard work..." Alexander chuckled to himself. "They should give us who don't bother these facilities so we could at least enjoy our time here." He retorted, shaking his head and leaning back against the wall. He made a note to slip the password to Chara when he saw her, and for a moment he took to wondering if the Hufflepuff would take up the offer.

He wasn't sure on that one... His eyebrows creased for a moment in thought, and then it was gone, almost unseen, but not quite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)   Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander) Empty

Back to top Go down

Stereotyping Stereotypes (Alexander)
Page 1 of 1