Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
With Love (open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
With Love (open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
With Love (open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
With Love (open) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
With Love (open) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

With Love (open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

With Love (open) Empty
PostSubject: With Love (open)   With Love (open) EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:58 am

Allendra sat in the Three Broomsticks that night, tossing up her options. She wanted to perform her new song, something that took her a long time to write. Her songbook was held religiously in her arms, her eyes scanning the pages and deciding what she should perform. She looked up as a person finished performing a song and a man was calling out for any more performers. Allendra stayed quiet and looked around. The man called out again and Allendra stood up, walking to the stage. She put together an +outfit that hid who she was. No one would recognise her by her voice since she didn't sing that often. The only person who heard her sing was Adeline and she wasn't here.

The man started to talk to her,"Looks like we got someone with a secret... And who are you love?" Allendra waved her wand behind her back to charm her voice, becoming deeper. My name is Evangeline." There was a chill that went through the room. "And what are you performing?" Allendra snapped, ”A song. With Love, an original song." The man backed off and Allendra seated herself at the grand piano. The room fell silent and she felt the block of deepness in her throat ease.

She set up her songbook and started playing the introduction and moved closer to the microphone. Allendra softly sung:

You called me out and taught me tough
With love, with love.
You fought my flaws, my teeth, my claws
With love, with love.
Cause every time i'm slipping away from myself,
You're the one that moves me like nobody else.

Allendra took a longer pause than usual and felt herself get lost in the song.

Cause when i'm down and i'm done,
And i'm coming unplugged
When i'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Oh no no

She hummed a few notes and closed her eyes, her hands moving across the keys in small swift motions. Her mind flicked between memories of her growing up, her loved ones. It went through a timeline of her times with Adeline and how she made her happy. Her eyes opened when she turned and saw a girl join in with soft guitar strumming.

Your tongue won't tie, you'll always find
The truth, yeah you do
But still you smile despite the lines
I drew for you

Cause every time i'm slipping away from myself,
You're the one that moves me like nobody else.

She pressed her foot gently on a pedal to carry out the last key she played before Allendra launched into the chorus. A tambourine person played a soft beat while she sung.

Cause when I'm down and i'm done,
And i'm coming unplugged
When i'm ready to fall
With love

Love, Love, Love, Love

Her voice became stronger and repeated some of her lyrics to fit in with the instrumental part of the song. Her voice softened and just her piano playing was heard. Her voice became slightly higher in key as her eyes raised to look at her sheet of paper.  

And i'm coming unplugged
When i'm ready to fall
With love

There was a small pause before she launched back into the last verse of the song. She played it with all her might and the other musicians joined in. Her notes were held more and changed pitch.

And i'm coming unplugged
When i'm ready to fall
With love

Allendra finished her song and sat there a moment, realizing that a spotlight was on her the entire time. There had also not been any movements in the audience. She really didn't care what people thought about that, she just wanted to perform and get her point of love across. Or what she thought it was. It wasn't to anyone particular but it was something that was bottled up all that time.

Becoming fully aware of her surroundings, she stood up and positioned herself center stage. Suddenly, the audience burst into applause and Allendra stood there, taking it all in. The man came back up and patted her on the shoulder, which she shrugged off. She left the stage with her head high and went to the bar where she sat down. Her voice was normal again and she didn't really care.  “One firewhisky."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

With Love (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: With Love (open)   With Love (open) EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Sebastian was still growing used to Hogwarts, despite nearly finishing his first year at the school. Of course, he was going to be in his last year soon, so he made sure to try out as much as possible. So when the Hogsmeade weekend came up in March, he had been there in a flash. Getting away from the castle was always nice, and during the day he'd managed to send home some gifts for his mamma.

He missed his mamma greatly, though he would never admit to it. She had been his rock for some many years now, being so far away was crushing.

But outwardly he never let this show.

Instead, he kept his feelings closed to others, and forced a smile on to his face as he stepped through the door of The Three Broomsticks that evening. Apparently they were having a music night. Sebastian hadn't realised this, if he had he probably would have avoided the place. But in the moment that he stepped in he noted a young-ish witch playing the piano. He thought she was young, anyway, but she was probably about his age. He wasn't sure.

Listening to the song, Sebastian came to realise it was quite a meaningful song, rather than one of the more popular songs about sex, or alcohol of the use of girls in manners he wasn't comfortable with. A song more to his taste. Which meant when the witch had finished, Sebastian had joined in the applause, moving to the bar a moment later to finally get himself a drink. Getting in at this time of night had meant that he could have anything, and so he'd ordered a goblin ale that didn't look too revolting before sitting on the bar stool.

It was only a few moments later that the witch who'd been on the stage moved to his side, ordering her own drink. For a moment, Sebastian thought of just giving her a smile and staying quiet, but something pushed him to try a little harder than that. "I'll get this one." He told the barman, handing over the money before turning to the witch beside him. "I liked the song." He told her over the sound of the man on stage introducing the next act. "Did you write that yourself?" He asked, hoping that his interest wouldn't scare her off.

"I'm Sebastian, by the way, or Seb, whatever." He explained, his Italian accent flickered throughout his words, and his smile friendly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

With Love (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: With Love (open)   With Love (open) EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 9:14 am

Allendra nodded toward the bartender and enclosed her hands around the glass. It felt cool under her hands, which was still feeling the vibration from each piano key. She looked around her and noticed a few stares in her direction but Allendra took it as a compliment. Next to her was a male, near her age who seemed absorbed in his own thoughts. If anything, Allendra couldn't be the one to judge. She was about to lift her glass and become absorbed with herself but Allendra was interrupted.

The male beside her had bought her drink without question. She opened her mouth to speak but his words had already filled the atmosphere around them. Allendra closed her mouth and cocked an eyebrow at him. If Allendra didn't know any better, this male was flirting with her. Of course, she didn't mind because it meant that someone was willing and had an interest. One hand left the cold glass and removed the mask she was wearing. Once the male stopped talking, she shifted half of her body to him.

"Thank you." She replied.

Allendra let her eyes wonder over the male. He was quite handsome but there were some aspects of his face that she considered 'baby faced'. Still, she could work with it. Allendra moved her hair over one shoulder and tilted her head slightly at him. He asked if she wrote the song and she wasn't sure how to reply. In a way, it was frustrating that people didn't know that she wrote songs like that but they didn't really know who she was.

"I did write the song. Did you like it?" Allendra asked, her voice ebbed with curiosity.

He introduced himself, Sebastian, and the way he said it made a shiver run through her body. She had introduced herself on stage but surely it wouldn't hurt to introduce her proper self.

"I'm Allendra." She purred, holding out her hand. Her eyes flickered briefly to his lips before meeting his eyes. "A pleasure to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

With Love (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: With Love (open)   With Love (open) EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 9:42 am

The thanks from the witch beside him for the drink made Sebastian smile a little in response. It was polite, as his mamma would say, to buy girls drinks. It showed you respected them, or at least, that's what his mum had told him, he wasn't yet used to what other people took the notion to mean.

The question of his like for the song made Sebastian nod almost instantly. "I did like it a lot, actually." He told the witch, genuinely meaning the compliment and not just saying it to make her happy. "I like that you haven't gone with the modern theme of song content." He added, in explanation. "Your voice is beautiful, and the way you play the piano... it's something else." He told her, because anyone with musical talent really shone in his eyes, mostly because he had none what so ever.

Her introduction helped, because he'd missed the opening introduction, too busy trying to get in to the pub to pay too much attention to the man on stage talking. Her name was pretty though, but he kept that thought to himself, because that probably wasn't the right thing to say, was it?

When she offered him her hand, Sebastian had a very quick internal crisis on what to do. With her being a girl... did he shake her hand... or...

Not thinking too long, Sebastian took the witch's hand and kissed the back of it softly, smiling as he said. "It's nice to meet you." Before letting go of her. Yes, that was the right thing to do, he was sure of it. "So, have you written many other songs, Allendra?" Sebastian asked, trying to find out more about her song writing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

With Love (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: With Love (open)   With Love (open) EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Allendra thought back to the first time she started to write songs. She was in the darkest stage of her life and almost drowned from the secrets within the Jarraden bloodline. There was other things to consider that she did, as part of her past, that she needed to move on from. Most songs she wrote were out of frustration and loneliness. However, Allendra would never admit that to any stranger. Instead, she kept a blank face with no emotion as she thought.

Taking the drink, she lifted it to her lips an inhaled the aroma of the beverage. It was a strong, addictive smell. Without a second thought, she drunk a mouthful and savoured the first feeling of the heat rushing down her throat and warming her core. While she savoured the moment, Sebastian continued talking. "Most people enjoy my music because it takes them somewhere else. Somewhere that is not here." Her words escaped her lips before she could filter them.

Normally, Allendra wouldn't admit feelings such as these to a stranger. Heck, normally Allendra would've made a move by now or snubbed the person with her rudeness. Despite the oddness of it all, there surely was no harm in it and she could always deny it. Or kill him.

Licking her lips, she nodded at the approval he had of her voice and piano playing. Honestly, it was nothing new to what she had already heard. "So I've been told." Allendra mused, pursing her lips together and looking over her shoulder.

One thing that took her by surprised was the action Sebastian took to kissing her hand. Frowning slightly, she didn't resist but took the opportunity to examine the male further. His attire was average, his hair was average... But he will do. He had charm of some sort. When he finished, Allendra smoothed the front of her dress and re-positioned herself on the bar stool.

Nodding in reply, Allendra took another mouthful of her drink before setting it down. "Wouldn't you like to know?" She smirked. Allendra had a feeling that this would turn into an interesting night.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

With Love (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: With Love (open)   With Love (open) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 8:45 pm

The comment on the fact most people thought differently to him was not something Sebastian was unaware of. He saw things differently than most people his age, but that was probably because most people his age hadn't been expected to grow up so fast. So, Seb did what he usually did when he came face to face with this situation; he shrugged. "Some people might say that." He responded non-committally.

Sebastian was a little... put out, that she didn't respond to his compliments in something of a more modest manner, but he didn't say that. Of course different people had different levels of confidence, but modesty was much more becoming in people Sebastian found. But, never mind.

And when his question was shut down, Sebastian was a little confused. Was he not supposed to ask questions? Was there some musical etiquette that he was not aware of. The Ravenclaw wasn't sure, and thus decided not to press in case he upset the witch. So, instead he took a sip of his drink, allowing for a pause before trying something else.

"So..." He started, thinking because he didn't really wanna mess this up. "What else do you like to do?" Sebastian decided on, that had to be a safe move, right?

OOC: I'm so sorry I thought I had replied to this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

With Love (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: With Love (open)   With Love (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

With Love (open)
Page 1 of 1