Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)   Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Adaline was a pretty girl, no-one could deny that. However she was also smart and very vicious with her wand. It's why most people tended to stay out of her way when she was in the library. Of course, no-one really knew that all those words of her being vicious with her wand were mostly rumours by scorned girls and guys who hated her guts.

Adaline was, in actual fact, a pretty sweet girl with a tendency to forget her mind when she saw cute cuddly animals, little children and sweets. However she did love books and that was why she was currently in the library, practically skipping through the isles and picking up books one after the other.

Most of the books she picked were on Curse Breaking but some she also picked on Runes and Warding. She had no idea what she wanted to be yet but she had chosen the courses that would let her do either one of them.

Moving towards an empty table, Adaline placed her books on the desk and with a small grin she sat at the table and pulled out quite a few pieces of parchment, an ink well and a few quills before opening the first book which was an introduction into Curse Breaking.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)   Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:22 pm

With the end of the year approaching, Victoria was frantically studying for her N.E.W.T.S. which meant a lot of books were around her all at once as she practiced essays from past papers. The Head's Common Room was the best place to study, due to the lack of people there, but Victoria had run out of past papers (all twenty years worth of them) and had to go to the library to get some older ones.

Skimming through the aisles, Victoria noticed one of her friends sat on her own. With a quick check of her watch, Victoria made time for a break on the spot and moved towards her friend.

"Hey, Adaline!" Victoria greeted the witch. They weren't super close, mostly because Victoria was always super busy with studying or her duties as Head Girl, but Victoria knew the Ravenclaw enough to spend time with. Victoria ignored the rumours about Adaline though, because she didn't put trust in to things unless she had facts to back them up, and rumours could never be fact.

"How are you? Studying?" Victoria asked, sitting down opposite the witch and putting her own book down. Despite being more than a little tired, and under a lot of stress Victoria was as radiant as ever.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)   Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Adaline startled when she heard Victoria and then saw her sitting down opposite her at the table. She and Victoria weren't best friends but she liked the Head Girl. She was nice, sweet and didn't believe in the rumours that were going around about her.

"I'm good, thank you for asking though I do feel a little bit under the weather." She admitted with a soft smile on her lips as she placed her quill in the ink well and focused on Victoria. "No, not studying. Just writing down the pro's and cons of the two jobs I would like to do." She grinned softly, waving her hand at the papers and books all around the desk. "And how are you? Shouldn't you be studying? Your NEWT's are coming up soon." The brunette said with a tiilt of her head as she stared at Victoria.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)   Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:00 am

Victoria listened intently to Adaline as she spoke, like with all people, Victoria gave them all of her attention when they were talking. It was polite. "I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. If it persists, you should probably go and see the school nurse though, to make sure it's nothing harmful." Victoria told the Ravenclaw, worry tinting her features in that moment because illness was not something she wanted anyone to deal with. "Oh, and if you need anything, please let me know!" Victoria added, because struggling would simply not do.

"Which two jobs are you looking in to?" Victoria asked, looking towards the books in front of her friend. "I could help, if you like?" She offered, truly meaning it because she knew herself that choosing a career when there were so many brilliant opportunities was a difficult one.

"I'm doing okay. A little tired from the late night studying, but I'm getting there!" Victoria explained, before waving off the comment on studying. "I have completed so many past papers, I'm quite sure I'm going to do just great! I know what I need for university, and it's doable, so now I'm just aiming for the best marks I can get!" Victoria explained, giving a small shrug. "I'll go back to studying when I've finished with you, I just picked up some more past papers." Victoria explained, holding up the pile of papers she'd been carrying.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)   Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Adaline smiled as she saw her friend focusing on her fully. It was always nice seeing things like that. "I will when I have time and the wing isn't full of people with the flu but I'm quite sure it's not harmful." She reassured the Head Girl and patted her hand. Really, worrying so much was not good for anyone, not even Victoria who tended to worry about anyone and everyone. "I will, thank you." She smiled.

"Curse Breaking," She pointed to the first pile of books. "And Warding and Runes." She waved her hand at the other pile. "I'm still not entirely sure which one to pick really." She sighed, tapping the table with her fingers.

"You shouldn't study at night so much." Adaline frowned at her friend, peering in the girls face. She really did look tired. "Understandable." It would be quite probable that Adaline will be in Victoria's shoes next year, studying so much. "I'm sure you'll do great on all of the tests." She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)   Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Victoria smiled at the reassurance from Adaline about going to the Hospital Wing, if it was serious it would need to be looked at sooner rather than later, as with all things. "Okay, if you need someone to go with you, I don't mind." Victoria added, though she knew doctors appointments were more personal and not everyone was completely open about doing such things.

The two subjects that were presented to Victoria made her frown in thought. "Well, the two things go together... kind of. I mean Professor Jameson was a Cursebreaker and they used Runes a lot. So... you could combine the two... Warding I'm not so sure on..." Victoria explained, before giving a small shrug. "They're both amazing choices, definitely a challenge from day to day!" Victoria concluded, quite glad to see that she wasn't the only one who was going to be pursuing a challenging career. "You could perhaps speak to the Headmaster if you're unsure." Victoria added, because advice would definitely be worth taking from a man who had been in that field.

"I work better at night time." Victoria responded softly to the notion of not studying so late. "I always have. And I'm sure I'll do well, but I'm not leaving anything to chance." The Head Girl explained with a smile, because there was still a lot to do before her exams.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)   Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Curse Breaking or Runes and Warding? (Open)
Page 1 of 1