Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Day of Work ( Open ) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Day of Work ( Open ) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Day of Work ( Open ) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
The Day of Work ( Open ) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
The Day of Work ( Open ) Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Day of Work ( Open )

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Day of Work ( Open ) Empty
PostSubject: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Isabelle loved her job, since she figured that since she was head of the department she was in, she could be able to have things be seen the way she had seen it. The twenty year old, was always working her ideas to the fullest, and today was the same.

She soon began walking up to her office, which she had always loved, since she got her promotion, and then she soon found her office, and she smiled, and she entered it, and she took a seat at her desk.

This had reminded her of her home office, since she liked dealing with her foreign affairs, a policies in secret, and also so she can concentrate, even though her brother was usually at work most of the time, and he staff was always joking around, which she enjoyed since it meant they had loved their job, and making friends, since all of the staff were crazy and friendly.

Isabelle soon took her mind back to her work, and she began writing, and then soon continued writing until she heard footsteps were probably her co-workers, and she continued working.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:07 pm

Jake had only been back at work for a week or two now. Since the attack on the Auror squad, he'd been written off of work for a month due to injury, and since his return, he'd been on desk duty until his medical. He didn't like the fact he had to fill in paperwork all day, but Jake knew exactly why he was doing it.

And there was only six more days until his medical.

Which he was going to pass, no matter the cost.

Lifting up the file marked classified, Jake made his way to the elevators and took it to the fifth level. Magical Cooperation. There were a few thing he needed to get the witch who headed the department to sign off to allow his fellow Aurors access to other countries where missions were operating. Reading the file as he went, Jake couldn't help but be a little put out at the exciting things his colleagues would be doing whilst he sat around in the office.

Letting out a soft sigh, Jake moved to the office he needed to be at, and knocked firmly on the door. Pausing for only a moment, Jake stepped inside, pushing a smile on to his lips. "Hey, I've got some papers I need a... Miss Vanderburg to sign, do you know where I might find her?" Jake asked the witch sat at the desk. Honestly, she looked too young to be the Head of the department, which is why he had asked, but he might have been wrong. he was polite though, and that was all that mattered to him.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
The Day of Work ( Open ) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Isabelle had been to focus on her work, to even know that anyone was around her. Even though she probably should have been more observant to who was around her and then soon she finally looked up to see someone was looking for her.

" I am Miss Vanderburg, and my name is Isabelle. " she said with a smile, and she said. " What is it you need me to sign? " said Isabelle with a smile. Since she wanted to be cheerful to the person who wanted her to sign something.

Isabelle looked, and she said. " What is your name, you look familiar. "
she said with a smile. Since she had a habit of smiling at people too much, ans soon she asked.

" Well whatever it is let me sign it. " she said as she got a quill out of her desk. She referred it to her special quill which she used for pretty much everything. Then soon she put it in ink.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 6:55 pm

The reply which came of the witch being who he was looking for was something of a shock to Jake. After a split second of that look on his face, Jake hid his surprise with a small smile. "Oh, my apologies." Jake replied to the statement she'd provided him with, before motioning to the papers in his hand. "I need you to sign off on these papers. The Aurors need to go in to a number of countries, with your permission." Jake explained, though she probably knew that protocol by now.

The question of who he was made Jake a little apprehensive. Whilst he was proud of his achievements in the Quidditch profession, he didn't want people to think that was all he was good for. "Jake Newbury." He replied casually, wondering if this witch knew Quidditch enough to know of him.

"Well whatever it is let me sign it."

"Oh yes, of course." Jake replied, moving to the witch's desk with the pile of papers. "There's little markers on the pages we need you to sign, but I understand if you want to read through the information first to make sure things are in order." Jake explained, though why he was explaining something she would know he wasn't completely sure.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Isabelle looked at the guy apologized to her, and she said with a smile, " There is no need for you to apologize. " she said with a smile to the guy. Then soon she listened as he told her that she needed to sign these papers off for the aurors to go into a number of countries, and with her permission, and she said " It must be pretty bad than that your needing to go to a number countries. " she said kindly as she signed the papers.

Then soon she listened as he told her his name and how it was Jake Newbury, and she said. " Oh its a pleasure to meet you Jake Newbury, I know my brother was a huge fan of you when you played Quidditch. " smiled Isabelle. " I have never really played Quidditch, but my siblings admire it, and I hear about it at home a lot. I help raise my siblings alongside with my older brother. " she said with a smile.

" Since my parents live in Spain. " she said with a sigh, and she soon said. " I do adore my siblings they are twenty six, sixteen, and fourteen. " she said with a smile.

Isabelle soon looked, and she soon signed once again, and she asked. " Well I hope the aurors catch it they have to catch. " she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Jake nodded a little when Isabelle said it must be bad. The Ministry were keeping things hushed up, but there was growing power from somewhere, and the Auror squads were working to try to sniff it out. "Just letting others know what we do." Jake explained to the witch, keeping it casual. His job was dangerous, and he was aware of that, but he played it down for others because he didn't wish to worry them. Even if that person was someone he'd only just met.

Holding in a groan as the witch made reference to his Quidditch career, Jake gave a small smile. "Quidditch is fun, but it's nothing compared to my current jobs." Jake replied, giving a small shrug because he wasn't sure what else to say.

And there was most certainly nothing to say to the woman about raising her siblings. "That's... uh, great." Jake told her when she listed their ages, not sure on the relevance of this conversation in that moment.

"I'm sure we'll catch them. Only so many places they can hide." Jake told her confidently, because the squad worked their asses off keeping everyone safe.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Isabelle looked and she listened as Jake told her that they were letting others know what they do. Then soon she let out a smile, and she said. " That's good. " she said with a smile, and she said. " I bet being an auror is fun. " she said with a grin. Since she heard her brother boast on about his auror career, and she soon looked and she said. " My older brother is an auror. " she said with an honest grin.

Then soon Isabelle listened as Jake told her that Quidditch was fun, but it was nothing compared to his current jobs, and she asked. " What job besides being an auror do you do? " she asked curiously. Then soon she asked, and she said. " I love my job as well. " she said.

Isabelle soon listened as Jake told her they will catch whatever it is that have to catch, and she said. " Well I know it will sure make everyone feel much more safer. " she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Listening to the witch explain that her brother was also an Auror, Jake racked his mind for a moment. "Ah yes, I remember." Jake replied, nodding his head a little. "Still getting to know everyone, but I think I remember an Auror Vanderburg." Jake explained, though he wasn't completely sure.

"I teach at Hogwarts on a Monday and Friday. Teach the kids how to fly, and also teach Defence Against the Dark Arts." Jake explained to the witch when she asked. "And obviously, I work here at the Ministry on the other days of the week." He added. "Keeps me busy and out of trouble!" He joked, letting out a small laugh at his own joke.

"I'm sure your job is great too." Jake added, though he could never do an office job, that, in his opinion, would be much too boring for his liking.

Letting out another chuckle as the witch explained that he was making everyone feel safer, Jake nodded. "That's the aim of the job, I suppose. Hopefully we'll always be doing enough to make it true. But anyway, I shouldn't keep you, I'm sure you're busy." Jake finalised, motioning in the directions of the papers in a silent question as to whether she was done.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Isabelle looked at Jake, and she listened as Jake told her he was getting to know everyone, and she said with a smile. " I am sure you will meet a load of people here in the ministry. " she said with a smile, and she listened as Jake told her he did hear of an auror Vanderburg, and she said. " That would be him, and he is quite the charmer too, and I hope he would quit his act and act mature. " she said with a smirk.

Since her brother's behavior was one that could drive anyone person to their limits and it was beyond her how someone could possible be so immature and irresponsible. Then soon she focused her attention back unto Jake as he told her that he teaches at Hogwarts on a Monday and Friday, and she replied. " I believe my younger siblings mentioned you and my brother was beyond excited. " she said with a smile.

Isabelle as well listened to him saying it keeps him busy and out of trouble and she said. " I wish my brother would do that instead of being the person who he is. " she said with an honest sigh.

Then soon she listened as Jake told her job was probably fun and she said. " It's fun, but when you have many foreign affairs to deal with it can be the most tiring thing anyone could do. " she said with a grin on her face.

Isabelle soon listened as Jake told her it was the aim of the job and she smiled and said. " Yeah this world would be a mad house if it was not for you guys. " she said with a grin. Then soon she listened as Jake told her hopefully they would be doing enough to make it true, and she said. " The reputation is already true. " she said with a grin.

Then soon she listened as Jake told her he should not keep her and since she was busy and she said. " It has not gotten too busy yet, but I am sure you have your job to get back to. It was a pleasure meeting you Jake, if you want to talk again you know where you can find me. " she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Day of Work ( Open )   The Day of Work ( Open ) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Day of Work ( Open )
Page 1 of 1