Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Cloud Examples (Finley)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloud Examples (Finley)   Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:23 pm

The boy seemed nice enough, much like her in fact, overly nice and maybe under appreciated, but she didn't exactly know about that. She felt under-appreciated sometimes but she didn't know Finley well enough to know if he felt the same way. Sometimes, she found, people took niceness for granted and it wasn't very nice of them.

The boys frown brought a small frown to her face as well. She didn't want to see the boy with the pretty eyes like hers, her new friend, upset. "No really, it's okay," she insisted before finally adding on, "but if it's okay with Professor Balan then I'd be fine with it." She gave him a reassuring smile, hoping to have made the boy feel a bit better.

"I'm sure," she added, agreeing with him. She wondered why Hogwarts didn't open a Career Counseling position and choose a Professor for each year starting at fifth year to help students with what they want to do in the world and adjusting to life on their own. "Animals are so sweet," Layla practically squealed at Finley's career choice. "Have you spoken with Professor Valentine yet? I'm sure she'd be thrilled to help you out," Layla commented, giving him a smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Examples (Finley)   Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:33 pm

When Layla agreed, Finley couldn't help but grin. It seemed, to Finley at least, that he had made another friend. Which was always good. He didn't have many friends, he didn't even need one hand to count his friends, but he could see Layla was going to become one of them. "Great!" Finley summarised with a smile, not needing to say much more on that in that moment.

The question of speaking to Professor Valentine made Finley feel a little nervous. Whilst the professor was always very welcoming, the idea of speaking to another professor was scary. "W-well..." Finley started, swallowing to buy himself a little more time. "I d-don't know..." He finished meekly, giving a small shrug. "I g-guess I could." He continued, before nodding once to show that he was definitely thinking about it.

But, what if Professor Valentine told him it wouldn't suit him to join that career... No, Finley wasn't sure he was quite comfortable enough with the professor to ask her about it just yet.

Deciding to change the topic, Finley looked up to the sky for a minute, thinking to himself before he looked back to his new friend. "How w-was your summer?" The Ravenclaw asked, hoping he wasn't intruding but curious no less.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Examples (Finley)   Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 5:08 am

The one worded answer told her that she didn't need to say anything else on the matter, which honestly, she was thankful for. There were times Layla actually enjoyed working alone and other times, she did actually want a partner, however, she didn't want to feel obliged to be someone's permanent partner. Though, the girl had issues with telling people things like this in fear of hurting their feelings.

Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned the Professor, because seeing the boy sort of hesitate worried her. It was hard to notice, but Layla did in fact notice and she felt horrible. She wanted to squeeze his should in an attempt to reassure him, but she didn't as she was unsure of his stance on friendly contact. "You don't have to if you don't want to though," the girl added once he was finished, "I just thought it would maybe be a good idea." She returned the small shrug and found herself biting her lip as a sign of slight hesitation.

When the boy changed the topic, she let out a breath. "It was a bit stressful and tedious, but also really fun," she smiled, her voice filled with a hint of enthusiasm. The best part had been Ethan coming to her concert, but she didn't really know how to tell Finley that.

"What about yours?" The girl smiled as she returned his question. "Anything exciting happened?" She rested her hands under her chin and batted her eyelashes, smiling hugely.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Examples (Finley)   Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Finley knew that Layla was right when she said it would be helpful to talk to a professor, but what Layla didn't know was the amount of anxiety that run through his veins every time he had to talk to someone. Especially when that someone was someone older and a lot more powerful than him. Of course, the girl wouldn't know about that. "I'll t-think about it." Finley replied, giving her a small smile.

The answer to his question, however, was a little confusing. The emotions Layla had given him were contrasting, and Finley wasn't sure what to make of what the witch had said, truth be told. "So..." Finley started uncertainly, trying to work it out still. "W-what did you d-do?" He asked, hoping it was okay to ask.

When the question was returned, Finley got a small smile on his lips as he thought back to his summer with Sumire. "I w-went to America." Finley told the witch, looking over to her a little. "I s-stayed at my friends h-house." He added in explanation. "It was g-great, the first t-time I've been abroad. And I m-met some really nice p-people." Finley concluded, thinking of only one girl in particular for a moment.

He wasn't going to tell Layla about Amber, because that was his personal information. Information he would only to tell to the people he really, really trusted. Which meant Naomi.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Examples (Finley)   Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 4:49 am

She smiled towards him when he gave her another answer. There was no use debating about anything, but usually, when people said they'd think about it, it meant they just wouldn't do it. The whole "thinking about it" comes from the fact that people didn't like to make other people feel bad by straight up refusing whatever it was they had offered.

She didn't know how to tell Finley about her summer without seeming incredibly self-centered and proud, neither of which she wanted to present herself as to a new potential friend. "Oh, well, I wrote a song and I hung out with my best friend. He's a seventh year," Layla smiled, providing little information. She wasn't lying even, more so just leaving out the juicy details and giving him the bland ones.

"That sounds really awesome," she exclaimed. She'd been to America too, but it was to perform, therefore she didn't get much tourist time. One thing she hated about world tours, or the world tour, was that just as soon as she'd arrived at her concert site and performed, it was time to leave and head onward to the next. Besides, even if she were allowed to explore as a typical tourist, she would have to have security with her and that was no fun. As a thirteen year old, she should be able to have fun without guards surrounding her.

Despite Layla wishing she were a normal thirteen year old girl, she wasn't and would never be. She ruined her one chance to be anything but famous.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Examples (Finley)   Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 11:20 am

As the conversation seemed to fade out, Finley smiled to himself. He'd made a new friend, of that much he was quite sure. He hoped it would be a long lasting friendship, because he needed them, he was clever enough to work that much out. But, Finley knew he wouldn't ever have lots of friends, and that was okay.

After a few minutes of looking up to the sky at the clouds that seemed to captivate his new friend, Finley let out a soft sigh and picked up his book. "I s-should get on with this r-research I'm doing." He told the witch, though it wasn't vitally important, he was interested in expanding his knowledge as much as he could.

"It was n-nice to meet you, L-Layla, and hopefully I'll see you around s-soon." Finley continued, his smile growing in that moment as he stood up. "E-enjoy the clouds." He finalised, giving the witch a small wave and heading off in search of the plants in his book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Examples (Finley)   Cloud Examples (Finley) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cloud Examples (Finley)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Three (2016-17)-
Jump to: