Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Chatbox
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Mackenzie Faucette

Most users ever online was 23 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:06 pm
Latest topics
» Nikolaj Andersson Plot Page
by Primrose Seele Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» Potions Professor Application
by The Administrator Yesterday at 9:31 am

» Ruby-Doo does Artwork for You!
by Janet Shinings Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 pm

» Versailles 2001
by Mimosa Harrington Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

» Jake's Apology
by Jake Newbury Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:36 am

» Stocking up (open)
by Janet Shinings Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:52 am

Unanswered Open Threads

None!

IC Chatbox

Share | 

Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Birthday : 2003-05-23

PostSubject: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:13 pm

Nirek was popular enough, so getting time to himself was a luxury he was not afforded very often. Time away was pleasant though, especially after everything that had happened. Unlike many of his Gryffindor peers, Nirek had stayed away from the fighting, keeping himself up in his common room, looking after the terrified younger years.

Well, he pretended to anyway, especially when they were greeted with the sight of the professors to calm the group as a whole.

Since then the school had seemed, well, pretty deserted with everyone scared of their own shadow. Nirek wasn't scared though, why should he be when he was not the target of a Basilisk attack. Which was why the boy was strolling through the halls that afternoon, with no particular destination in mind. His feet found their way to a random room - one he did not recognise. The portrait had let him in quite happily, and now Nirek was stood before cabinets full of trophies with various achievements on them.

Nirek wanted to achieve greatness, in some degree, so he found himself drawn to the cups, with names engraved in them for various things. Things that had been invented long ago lay in cabinets, and Nirek found himself in silent awe as he looked on at some things behind the glass.

How he was going to be great, Nirek was not yet, sure, but he would find a way, of that much he was sure. Everyone would remember his name, even if it killed him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

Birthday : 2002-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:49 am

Lux hated Valentine’s Day with a vengeance. She didn't get the whole idea of showing love or appreciating one's significant other on a particular day. If one was going to be involved in a relationship, it only made sense to show one's feelings more than once a year. Why wait for a particular day? There was one thing good about it though. It gave Lux an excuse to pull more than her usual number of pranks. She replaced chocolates with brown coloured substances she concocted, sweet notes with creepy, threatening ones and did anything else she could think of that would ruin the day.

It was no surprise that she was rather happy the Basilisks decided to attack around this time. It made the day that much more special. If there was anything she loved more than tormenting people, it was a blood bath. What a coincidence it was! Valentine’s Day was associated with pink and red as so was blood. It was almost a dream come true for her. But as much as she disliked the purebloods, she didn't support the Basilisks. Lux preferred retaliating in a way that would make the stuck-up purebloods miserable for a very long time.

Feeling restless after a long day of classes, Lux wandered the halls and noticed a room she hadn’t been in before. Deciding now was as good a time as any, she entered the room. The first things to catch her eye were trophies, awards and more trophies. The room was chock full of them. Someone’s an over achiever Lux thought. It wasn’t that she looked down on climbing the ladder of success but it irritated her when it became all that a person ever lived for. Sure, it was good to set goals and achieve them but life was so much more than that.

The second thing to catch her eye was a familiar face. Her partner from herbology. Wonder what he’s doing here? Quirking an eyebrow and crossing her arms, she said, “Hi herbology guy.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:04 am

Nirek was studying an invention from the middle ages. The inventors name was one that he could not actually read through the dust in the display, but it was quite clear this invention was not a nice one. Smiling a little to himself as he took it in, Nirek had not heard someone else enter the room, much too interested in working out how the thing before him worked.

So, when a voice filled the almost silent space around him, Nirek did jump. Not in an overly theatrical way, oh no, just a small jump as he looked towards the noise. The words registered a moment later, and Nirek couldn't help but give a small smile at her choice of greeting.

"Herbology girl." Nirek replied, a little bit cheekily, truth be told, but he wasn't much interested in how it came across.

"But, my name is Nirek, for future reference." The Gryffindor added, deciding to make sure she knew for future. Though, he did wonder what dark hole the witch resided in if she didn't know those who were deemed popular within the school. Though, calling her up on that would be rude, and Nirek did not wish to be.

"You reckon you can work out what his does?" Nirek asked, motioning to the thing he'd been looking at. "I think it was a torture device, personally, but I'm really not sure." Nirek explained, not caring for how that might sound to someone who didn't really know him at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:40 am

Lux didn't miss the jump the boy gave and grinned to herself. She'd surprised him. The tables were turned on her however, when he replied in the same manner she'd greeted him. She wasn't expecting that and she let a smirk out. Interesting. This was not the usual simpering idiots she sometimes came across. She'd have fun with him.

As he offered his name, Lux let her eyes wander the room, taking in some unfamiliar sights. She nodded when he finished his introduction but decided against returning the social etiquette. She was never known for her manners and she wasn't about to start conforming to society.

At his question, Lux directed her gaze to the thing and came closer to inspect it. Torture devices fascinated her and she wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to see one up close. She grinned when she saw what it was. It was a metal stick with prongs at each end. The stick was attached to a metal circle.

"Fascinating," Lux whispered, the smile still curving her lips. "The metal circle goes around the neck so that one end of the prong is right under the chin and the other end is at the base of the neck, forcing the person to look up. Once the person looks down, he's dead meat. I love it." The last sentence was said under her breath.

Lux didn't care that she'd been labelled psycho and freak multiple times. She liked anything to do with pain and blood. It enraptured her. What puzzled her was why a torture device was in a room full of awards and trophies. She shrugged it off though.

"So what're you doing here?" Lux asked as she strolled through the room, seeing if she could find anything else of interest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:26 am

With no inclination of what the witch's name was, Nirek decided that she would simply be Herbology girl under she corrected him. Either she would find it annoying enough to tell him, or she would simply stay with that name until he found out through other means as to what her name was.

The explanation as to what the device was made Nirek nod approvingly. It would, in truth, be quite amusing to see how long Stuttering Finley Allen could last in the piece, but he was sure the teachers would notice if one of these things went missing. And the trace would be much too easy.

Especially now the witch beside him knew he had been looking at it.

Though, she did seem to know a lot about it, which raised a number of questions with Nirek, though he voiced none of them, simply tucking that information away for later use.

With a question being presented to him, Nirek gave a small shrug. "Wanted to get away for a bit." He told the witch truthfully. "Everyone is a little too preoccupied with the attack that happened, and I'm fed up of their glum looks, so thought I would explore seeing as everyone seems to be hiding. Well, everyone except you." The Gryffindor replied honestly. Nirek didn't really care if his answer had been to honest, he really didn't care if it wasn't the right thing to say.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:05 pm

When Nirek didn't comment on her knowledge of the instrument of torture, Lux was once again pleasantly surprised. Now here is an oddball. Most people she knew would either freak out and walk away, question her knowledge of something like that or freeze and look at her in horror. Nirek did none of those and it aroused Lux's curiosity and interest.

Then there was the fact that he didn't ask for her name which further puzzled her. Was he playing some sort of game with her? She didn't care. This was the most amusement she had in a while and she would enjoy it while it lasted. At least he had some backbone.

At his mention of glum looks, Lux scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I know right. I for one am glad that it happened. Think of all the blood! And pain." Lux paused, recalling what she'd glimpsed of the attack. Besides giving her some practice with spell and charm casting, the attack had given her the adrenaline rush her stagnant blood was craving.

At his comment on her not hiding, Lux shrugged nonchalantly. "I have no reason to hide. They want Purebloods and I'm a Muggleborn. And it's not like I'm foolish enough to challenge them." Neither was she a coward to hide out until it was all over. She would never miss the chance to be at the scene of action.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Whilst the knowledge of the torture device hadn't bothered Nirek - honestly he was more fascinated by the idea of the device than the fact the witch knew, thinking of two things in the same moment was not something Nirek could do - the comment on the blood and pain did make him realise the witch beside him...

He didn't finish the sentence in his head, instead he looked to her with slight confusion. "You're glad it happened?" Nirek asked, more curious than anything. "You support the Basilisks?" He continued, again, his tone was not judging, more so he was intrigued as to what she thought on the subject.

The comments on why she had no reason to hide made Nirek nod. "I guess so. I heard one boy tried to oppose them. He was blown up in the process. Not the nicest way to go." The Gryffindor replied, screwing his nose up at the thought. Nirek wasn't a violent person, not really, he was a bully, but he had others that did his bidding for him. He simply took satisfaction from having people fear him, more than anything.

"My mum wanted me to go home." Nirek continued, moving away from the witch to the next cabinet, the self-stirring cauldron was in this one, a useful item, he was sure. "I wrote back immediately telling her I would be staying. After all, lightning doesn't strike the same place twice."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:22 am

Lux smirked triumphantly at his questions. He wasn't completely immune after all. Not very many people were once she decided to reveal her more...freaky side. She showed it sparingly and only to figuratively pummel other kids into submission. How she loved seeing their frightened eyes. It amused her to know that she could order them to do whatever she wanted.

"Aren't you?" she bounced the question back at him. "The high and mighty purebloods are now cowering in their skins." She chuckled. "How the mighty have fallen."

She took her time formulating her answer to his second question. "Oh, not really support them per se. It's good that the purebloods - some of them anyway - are brought a few pegs down but I wouldn't have stormed the castle. I would have made them miserable for a very long time instead of ending their life."

Lux paused for a while as she inspected an odd looking award. "At any rate, it gave some excitement to the boring routine of life here." And I got to see blood she added mentally.

"I don't know about that," she replied on his comment of the way the boy died. "Would you have preferred a slow and agonizing death? Being blown up is like...human fireworks, don't you think?" She didn't know if he knew what fireworks were since it was a muggle thing but she thought it was an apt description.

"Wise choice," she remarked. "But that whole deal with the lightning is a myth, you know," she continued. He probably just meant it as a saying but either way, she disagreed with him. What's to prevent another attack? It could always happen again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:17 am

The question of whether he was glad the attack had happened made Nirek pause for a moment. He hadn't really met a Pureblood who deserved to die, truth be told. "I..." But the Gryffindor didn't try to explain himself, instead giving the witch a small shrug of his shoulders in response.

The idea of a slower death for the Purebloods made Nirek grimace a little at the thought. "They're just kids." Nirek replied, not defensively, but as a counter-argument to the witch's words. "If it had been me, I'd go after the adults. I mean... they're the problem, aren't they?" Nirek proposed, again giving a small shrug of his shoulders to show he wasn't overly sure in that moment.

Again, the witch made a comparison that didn't wholly make Nirek comfortable, but he could also follow the logic. "I just meant... if I were to die, I'd not want to know anything about it. Being blown up must surely have been painful. A quick death, with the Killing Curse, now that would be the best way to go. In those circumstances." Nirek explained, showing what he really meant in that moment.

However, the lightning thing made Nirek frown at her. "I'm sure it doesn't land in the same place twice." Nirek replied, trying to remember who had told him that in the first place. Honestly, though, Nirek wasn't the cleverest, so he could easily have been wrong.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:56 pm

When all Nirek could do was shrug his shoulders at her question, Lux couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. She thought she'd met someone who had a backbone and could engage in argument. That would have provided amusement that would break the daily routine. Oh well, looks like she judged him too early.

"The kids are the next generation," Lux pointed out. "Without the kids, the old people would die without passing on what they believe." Lux wasn't sure how they got into a sort-of debate. Most of the social interactions she had with other students, especially the younger ones, involved threats and cowering.

The coward's way of dying was what Lux thought of the way Nirek wanted to go. She however, wanted to die spectacularly. What was the point of living an awesome life and in the end, die a quiet normal death? Why not live magnificently and die as equally grand? "I suppose so," was all she commented.

"And I'm pretty sure it does. I saw it once when I was at the orphanage. The lightning struck the field opposite. Burnt up the ground," Lux said. "Too bad no one got struck. That would have been hilarious." She could just imagine one of the little kids getting hit by lightning. She'd probably have laughed so hard it hurt her stomach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:06 pm

The counter argument to his statement made Nirek think for a moment, before realising what she was saying was, quite honestly, very true. Nodding to himself as he realised that, Nirek turned his head to look at the girl. She was clever, of that much he could tell from how she'd been talking.

But did she ever put her brain to work in ways he did? Nirek couldn't be sure.

"I suppose you're right. But, its the adults that are oppressing the most. Really." He countered, pausing only briefly. "I mean, kids have limited power in respect of influence. Whereas... well, the Minister of Magic is Pureblood - it'd be better to take him out than some random kid here, wouldn't it?" He proposed. It was a way of them both coming to an agreement on their views, he supposed.

The off response in how he'd like to die was one that made him uncertain again - Herbology Girl didn't seem to have liked his response, but he'd been honest, he'd rather die quickly, given the choice. But not because he was a coward, because he wasn't, not in his own head.

"The orphanage?" Nirek asked, not realising how insensitive the question might be to someone - his mind was completely off the idea of lightning, much more interested in that nugget of information he'd just been given.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Lux gave him an are-you-serious look at his suggestion to take out the Minster of Magic. "The Minister of Magic is a much harder target. The Basilisks would have to have a flawless plan and pull it off perfectly. It's too much work and too much risk of damage to themselves," Lux said thoughtfully.

"Plus, attacking a place like this is making a sort of statement - making people aware of their presence and the fact that they can easily attack a wizarding school," she continued. She figured since most of them were just kids, they wouldn't be able to protect themselves the way adults could. It was almost like killing two birds with one stone. Eradicate purebloods and without dying themselves. A scaredy-cat move but a smart one to keep their asses safer.

When Nirek mentioned the orphanage, Lux felt her heart stop for a moment and all her muscles freeze in place before returning to normal a few second later as she stared berating herself. Stupid, stupid, stupid! How careless! I can't believe you let that out! You should be ashamed of yourself, Lux.

Keeping a nonchalant look on her face, she gave a impassive shrug to show she didn't care. "I grew up in an orphanage," she said. Throughout her life, she'd pestered the supervisors to give her information on her birth parents but they couldn't give her what they didn't have. Lux sometimes wondered how she would have turned out if her parents hadn't dumped her. Would she have been sweet and caring instead of dark and domineering?

But who cared anyway? She liked how she turned out and it was no use feeling hurt over being abandoned. It wouldn't bring her parents back and it would waste precious time she could be using for other purposes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Herbology Girl was right when she said that the Minister of Magic would be a harder target that kids, Nirek knew that much. "Still, it would make a better statement than killing kids." Nirek replied even though he understood the message the Basilisks were trying to send.

"It just seems a bit cowardly, to me. Killing kids when there aren't many people to protect them." Nirek finished, giving a small shrug of his shoulders. "It's just not what I'd have done." He concluded, though exactly what he would have done he wasn't sure.

There was a small pause when he asked about the orphanage, though Nirek wasn't concentrating on the Slytherin so he didn't notice anything that did or did not happen with her. He was busy looking at the next item in the cabinets, something boring that he didn't look at for longer than reading what it was.

"I grew up in an orphanage,"

"Oh." Was all Nirek responded to that, allowing himself a few moments. He would have said 'sorry' out of politeness, but it wasn't his fault, so he didn't bother with that route, instead he just gave her a small smile. "It doesn't make much difference who or where you come from when you come here." Nirek added, turning back to her. "We all have to make our own way when we come to Hogwarts, some people get on the right track from the word go, others falter and lose out.

"I'm sure it could be said we're both on the former. We know where were going, after all." Nirek explained, turning to the list in the middle of the room, engraved on to a huge tablet of stone.

Order of Merlin, First Class

"That, is going to have my name on it, one day." Nirek insisted, looking at the stone with a determined expression on his features. "One way or another, my name will be on there."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 pm

"Yea," Lux responded, her tone noncommittal. She knew what he meant and could see it from his point of view but he didn't need to know that she agreed with him. She needed to have the upper hand and acquiescing to him did not sit well with her.

She brushed off his comment of the bravado - or lack thereof - of the Basilisks and instead focused on his last sentence. She was curious as to what he thought he would do if he were in their position. She'd also get a glimpse into his personality and how his mind worked."What would you have done?" she asked.

She waited for his response regarding the orphanage with bated breath, hoping that he wouldn't ask questions about how she ended up there or dig further to find out the many many foster homes she'd been to. When all he said was "oh" she felt a little relieved then a little angry at what he said next.

"I know that," she snapped. "I don't let my past dictate my future." Did he think she was as soft as that? That she cared what other people thought of her? If she did, she would have been a very different kind of girl from the one she was today.

She wasn't ashamed of where she came from. In fact, she could almost thank her parents for abandoning her because if they didn't, she might have turned into one of those silly girls she despised. But she didn't want to think about her time spent at the orphanage or foster homes. They weren't pleasant.

"Mhmm," she acknowledged. "We are the tougher ones. But plans change. Destinations change to. We can plan out our life but it inevitably changes. The future cannot be set in stone."

Lux caught a glimpse of what was written on the stone and chuckled. "High ambitions," she commented. "Think you have what it takes to achieve it?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:51 pm

The question of what Nirek would have done made the Gryffindor pause, trying not to look too out of place but probably failing in that moment. "Well... I..." But Nirek paused, giving a small shrug. "I guess I would target a Pureblood function of some description - they're always having them." He pointed out, giving himself a little more time to think. "Then you wouldn't have to worry about other people getting in your way... and BOOM." The Gryffindor explained, making and exploding motion with his hand and grinning towards the witch.

"Quick, and simple."

As Herbology Girl snapped at him, Nirek raised an eyebrow, shaking his head. "Not what I meant." He muttered, but let it go because it wasn't really worth arguing over to him. Who cared where anyone came from, anyway?

When asked if he believed he had the skills to achieve the Order of Merlin First Class, Nirek nodded without hesitation. "Of course, I just have to work out exactly what I'm going to do to achieve it." Nirek replied, not being even the slightest bit put off of his ambition with her reply. Herbology Girl's opinion was not one that mattered to him, so whether she believed he could, or could not do something was irrelevant.

"What about you?" Nirek semi-demanded in the next moment, looking over at the witch with a raised eyebrow. "What do you plan on achieving?" It was slightly defensive, but most inquisitive how Nirek had asked, if she took offence, well that was her problem, not his.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:29 am

[[OOC: Sorry it's took me so long to reply Embarassed . It's been a crazy week for me.]]

Lux listened to what Nirek thought he would do if he were in the Basilisks position. "That's quite a good idea," she said. "But they might get more resistance though since there are more adults who can fight back and all." With students, there would be less risk to the Basilisk since obviously the students were still learning how to use magic. But Nirek's idea was good nevertheless.

When Nirek let the subject of the orphanage go, Lux exhaled a quiet sigh of relief. She wasn't ashamed of her background. No. In fact, she took pride in it, especially the large number of foster homes she'd been to. It showed her rebellious side.

The only problem she had with people knowing she grew up in an orphanage was that it tainted her reputation as being fearsome. When people knew her parents dumped her, she was no longer the person younger years kowtowed to. No. Suddenly, everyone pitied her. "The poor dear, abandoned by her parents, growing up without love in an orphanage, jumping from one foster parent to the next, no stability in her life. Lux hated pity and needed none of it.

"And have you done that? Worked out what you're going to do to achieve the Order of Merlin First Class?" Lux asked. She was curious. He was the first person she met who had such ambitious goals. She didn't doubt that he had what it took. Anybody could do it if they preserved long and hard enough.

"World dominance," she answered, her tone sarcastic. "Nah. I want to be the best Auror ever. I like the work they do and I know I have the skills for it." Aurors got to be in the middle of action and that was just what Lux needed. She constantly needed stimulation and excitement in her life. Stagnant blood did not agree with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:48 pm

(OOC: No worries! My apologies back, I have been ill and have absolutely no energy to post! But, I am powering through!)

"Where's the fun in fighting people who can't defend themselves?" Nirek countered casually, smiling a little to himself. He might not be a violent person, but he understood that the greater thrill came from harder targets. It was only a pity that the Gryffindor could not see the irony in his own statement in that moment, considering he bullied a Ravenclaw who had no back bone in regards of fun.

"Not a clue." Nirek replied honestly when he was asked how he planned on getting the award. "It has to be something remarkable though. I'll find a way, I know that much."

The Gryffindor let out a soft chuckle at the comment of world dominance. Nobody could dominate the world, it was silly. But he caught on to the sarcasm, and laughed because he could.

"Nah. I want to be the best Auror ever. I like the work they do and I know I have the skills for it."

"And you said I had high ambitions." Nirek replied, smirking. "You think you can out do Professor Newbury?" The boy asked, seeing if she thought herself much. "Not quite a legend yet, but I hear he's gotten a number of battle scars. Rumours, I think, but I couldn't tell you which ones were fables and which were truthful. Or even Mad-Eye Moody? No, I don't think you could out do him. He was sensational."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:03 pm

[008b8b]Lux pondered his statement for a moment. "True, but the Basilisks wouldn't want to risk losing their own people if a fight broke out," she replied slowly. " But I think that the bigger the fight, the better." There would be more action and she dearly needed stimulation in a hum drum life of classes and homework.

"Well, good luck getting there," she answered, her tone slightly mocking though she meant it to be sincere. She couldn't have people thinking that she actually had a soft spot deep down in the dark abyss of her heart. That wouldn't do.

Lux shrugged nonchalantly at his question. "Who can say? I'm not afraid of a good fight and when I want something, I don't hold back," she commented. "And I'm not looking to out do anyone though given the opportunity, I would take it. Right now, the thing to do is to out do myself." That was how a person progressed in anything at all. It wasn't by competing with someone; it was by competing with oneself. It was how Lux climbed the food chain and it was the method she intended to use to get to the top in reality.[/color]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirek Kapoor
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Gryffindor Seventh Year

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:40 pm

OOC: Sorry for the late reply!

Nirek smiled a little at the idea of a big fight. Though, he gave a small shrug. "I think the Ministry will stop them soon enough, so I'm not that worried." Nirek explained, giving a small shrug. After all, it would only be a matter of time before the ring leaders got caught, and then the sheep that followed them would disappear from where they came.

Herbology girl's idea on the only person you could out do was yourself made Nirek laugh. Before he could think about not doing so. Shaking his head as he caught himself - amusement still clear on his lips, the Gryffindor managed to reply. "That's a pointless competition. Aim higher. Something harder."

Though, the only reason he found it funny was because he couldn't understand the logic in which she'd spoken. Heading towards the door, Nirek paused as he was about to let himself out. "I guess I should wish you luck, too, in trying to beat yourself." He quipped, letting himself out of the room, and off to find something else to entertain himself for the rest of the day.

It could not be denied, however, that Nirek did find the whole idea of having yourself as your only target one of the most amusing, and yet intriguing concepts he had ever come across.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)   

Back to top Go down

Acquaintances, I Suppose (Lux & Nirek)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1