Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) Empty
PostSubject: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 11:40 am

After being found out by Amethyst, TJ knew there was no longer anyway he could hide from the witch. He trusted that she would not rat him out if he didn't attend the training session he'd promised her, though he had no inclination of not attending. No, he was going because Amethyst needed his help and he wanted to help her.

Sending a note with a younger Hufflepuff to Amethyst, TJ had said that they'd meet on the Saturday morning to practice... well, whatever part of flying the witch wasn't sure on. He'd recovered enough now to fly, and he was rested. Colour filled his cheeks once more, and the only sign he had been in trouble was the remaining, very small cut-that-was-now-an-almost-healed-cut.

Shouldering his broom, TJ strode down towards the pitch. He was, honestly, looking forward to today. He'd made a friend, perhaps someone he could trust with more than he realised in that moment, and they were going to spend some time together. As he didn't have the key to the Quidditch shed, they'd have to share his broom, but TJ didn't mind too much, he knew his broom was reliable, which meant Amethyst would hopefully be a little safer than on a school broom.

Now, he simply had to wait for her to arrive at the pitch and find out what she wanted to learn first.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:56 pm

When the younger Hufflepuff girl had found her, Amethyst was in the Library, reading a fiction book just to pass the time. The little girl simply handed her the letter and waited.
"Who's that from, Chloe?" she asked the little one and she shrugged.
"A pretty boy? He was tall and pretty."

Amethyst had to laugh to that, and something was telling her that the Hufflepuff girl was talking about TJ.
"Well, thank you. Go back to your friends now," she said with a small smile and quickly put her book aside in order to read the letter.

It was indeed from TJ, and Amethyst was practically trying to hold herself from giggling like a 5 year old. So, he was going to keep his promise this time and make it up to her. She couldn't say she wasn't glad, but she was really nervous now too. Would her lack of skill in flying make him find her boring and idiotic ? She really hoped not.

Getting herself dressed appropriately, she moved towards the Quidditch Pitch as fast as she could. Trying to still look a bit cute, she had braided her long her just to keep it out of her eyes, and let her eyes stand out. She wanted to impress him even a bit.

A smile touched her lips as she saw him standing there, waiting. She was not dreaming. He was indeed there. Biting her lip, she moved a little faster and stopped right in front of him.
"Well, keeping your promise this time, aren't you?" She then leaned a bit closer to peck his cheek.
"Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:08 pm

It wasn't too long that TJ had been waiting, for which he was grateful. Whilst it was not overly chilly at the moment, it was still not the warmest outside. Though, of course, he was warmer than most people, so he did hope Amethyst dressed appropriately for the weather.

As the witch came in to view, TJ smiled to himself. She had dressed appropriately, and as Amethyst drew closer, he noted the new hair style she'd used for today. It suited her, in this situation, though TJ kept that much to himself, compliments were difficult to deliver, and he'd rather not make it sound that he didn't like her hair in other ways.

Not that he liked her hair in any particular manner...

TJ was getting his head in a mess as she got to him, and he forced himself to eradicate all thoughts of Amethyst that weren't purely professional in that moment.

"Well, keeping your promise this time, aren't you?"

"That's not fair." The Ravenclaw replied as she kissed his cheek. That was almost enough to throw his thoughts completely out of the window as a hint of surprise touched his features for a moment. But it left almost as quickly as it came as his head conjured up the 'I wonder what it would feel like-'. He cut those thoughts off though, straightening himself up a little.

"So... now you're appropriately dressed, and not cold, what did you want me to show you the first time we were here?" TJ asked, waiting for her to explain. "I can do a few of the more technical things, if that's what you wanted, but there is a reason I only play Keeper." He joked softly, not knowing whether she would get the joke or not in that moment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:28 pm

"That's not fair."

That drew a laugh from the blonde, and distracted her enough so she didn't notice the look of surprise TJ had after her lips met his cheek. It wasn't something she had planned on doing, but when she stood there, when she looked at him, it just happened. And she was having no regrets about it.

He didn't waste any time and immediately turned into the professional TJ she had met, and Amy had to try no to laugh at that. She loved how he could turn from adorable guy to a strictly professional man in a matter of seconds. It made her wonder how much time it would take her to turn him into the sweet boy type again. "Maybe a hug would bring him to his senses", she thought, but decided to keep that for later.

"I can do a few of the more technical things, if that's what you wanted, but there is a reason I only play Keeper."

"There's obviously a reason. You can have every girl...", the little voice in her head said, but Amy decided not to voice that. Ever. Instead she frowned a little since she was going to reveal her big secret to him. It was only fair since he had trusted her with his own big secret. And hers wasn't even half as serious as his.

"You see... I am scared of flying."
Amethyst gave him a sad little smile and shrugged.
"Professor Newbury gave me a few lessons, helped me learn just the basics but still... I am just not good at it. And I hate it."

She was brutally honest there, and something was telling her TJ would understand just fine what she felt. He would help her, she was sure.
"I am sorry in advance if I am a terrible student," she said with a small laugh. She was trying to break the ice again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

The honest response to his question made TJ pause. "Oh..." He replied, mostly just to say something. What he'd been expecting... well, TJ wasn't quite sure what he was expecting, truth be told, but he wasn't expecting her to come out with that. Though, he didn't think little of her for being scared of flying.

"That's absolutely fine though." TJ added a moment later, realising that the 'Oh' had probably sounded worse than he had meant it to.

The continued explanation of how Professor Newbury had helped made him feel a little better. At least he wasn't going to have to start from scratch, because TJ wasn't sure he'd be that good a teacher, especially not in comparison to Jake Newbury.

"It's okay to not like it." TJ replied giving her a small smile. "But at least you're giving it a go. Here." He added, passing her his broom. "Think you can mount up and get ready to go?" He asked, his tone enthusiastic in the hope that she wouldn't be so nervous with flying.

"You'll be fine, I'll make sure you don't get hurt." He added, patting his wand that was tucked in his wand. "Cushioning charms are one of my specialties." TJ explained, hoping that would calm her down a little more. "Oh, and take your time, we've got all morning to work through various things."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 5:42 pm

The simple sound he made caused Amethyst to get nervous. More nervous than she expected actually, and that wasn't good. Was he discouraged? Did he think she wasn't good enough to be his friend anymore? She didn't know what to think, but she wanted to be as honest as she could with him. Seemed like it was better to lie sometimes.

"That's absolutely fine though."

That was what gave her some hope back. At least he wasn't giving up on her yet? He was giving her a chance, even if she was going to fail, and that meant something, didn't it? He was the first person offering to help without making fun of her. The Professor excluded.

He understood the fact that she didn't like it, and yet was trying, and she loved how he didn't comment any more on that. She hated when people pushed her too far. When she was being forced to do things she didn't want. He was different and she loved it.

"Think you can mount up and get ready to go?"

She stared at the broom for a few minutes, not sure if she wanted to do it just yet. Was she scared? Yes. Quite a bit, she was. As if he was reading her mind, he added that he would make sure she wouldn't get hurt, and that made her feel safe. Really safe. She nodded her thanks and gave him a warm little smile, before she slowly mounted the broom.

She took a moment to accommodate to the feeling, then taking a deep breath, she kicked off of the ground and flew a couple of feet above the ground. She was feeling a little nauseous but she would manage. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:04 pm

TJ watched Amethyst as she mounted the broom, giving her a moment to get ready as he checked her position. It was a little out, but nothing serious that he needed to worry about just yet.

He was just about to correct her and explain what he wanted for her to try when Amethyst kicked off. TJ gave her a warm smile as she did so, he was - to be frank - quite proud of her for getting on with this when she had already admitted that she wasn't overly confident.

"Well done." TJ told the witch, moving to her side. Placing his hand on her wrist ever so gently, he moved one hand down the broom a little for a better grip. "If you have your hands too close together, you won't have enough control when you turn, but too far apart, and you'll end up... well, you won't now, this is a good grip." TJ assured the witch.

"Do you think you want to give flying a go?" TJ continued. "I'll jog alongside you, if that helps? You just need to lean forwards on your broom to be able to move forwards, just gently to start with." He explained, motioning for her to give it ago.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:25 pm

She wasn't sure what she had to do as she stood there, hovering above the ground, so she was glad when TJ took the lead and decided to give her a few instructions. When his hand came up and touched her wrist, she almost pulled back. His touch left a tingling feeling anywhere he touched and Amy was trying to figure it out. She had never felt something similar before.

"If you have your hands too close together, you won't have enough control when you turn, but too far apart, and you'll end up... well, you won't now, this is a good grip."

That made the witch gulp down the lump in her throat as she took another deep breath. She wouldn't fall. He said she wouldn't and she trusted him. She shouldn't fall.
But the more she was trying to persuade herself, the more scared she got.

"Do you think you want to give flying a go?

Amethyst was ready to tell him no, but his next offer stopped her. He was going to be there, and she had to overcome this fear. She was stronger than this, why couldn't she just... fly?
Giving him an almost smile she nodded.
"Just don't leave me alone..."
She followed his words carefully, and leaned a bit forward, feeling herself starting to move forward just a bit.

She was doing it. Well, she wasn't actually flying but this was something, wasn't it? A small smile crept up her lips and she turned to look at TJ happily. "I'm doing it!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:38 pm

The notion of leaving Amethyst made TJ shake his head without a second thought. "I'll be right here the whole time, I promise." He assured the witch gently, making sure she knew that she was safe with him around. Or, as safe as anyone could be around him, at least.

Watching Amethyst's movements, TJ moved along at her side, smiling at her progress. "That's it." TJ encouraged warmly, keeping up with her movements. "Just keep it level now, then you won't speed up too much." He advised, because it was best to learn slowly first, and then work your way up to speed.

"You are." TJ replied, a hint of pride in his voice as she looked towards him happily in that moment. "Now, try a little faster this time. I'm still here." He continued to assure her, getting ready to run alongside her if she shot off. "If you feel you're going too fast, don't pull back too hard, just move gently, the broom is very receptive."

The explanation was one he hoped she would understand in that moment, because he wasn't sure how he could explain better. "Oh, and keep your eyes on where you're going, not on me, concentrate." He added cheekily, hoping to put her at ease in that moment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Amethyst was trying. She really was and with the instructions TJ was giving her, it was working out. She could actually move on her own, something that was considered flying even if not full speed yet. And the blonde witch was ecstatic.

The Ravenclaw Sixth Year kept giving her advice, making sure to tell her what to do and what to avoid, in order to stay safe. He had promised, though, that she was safe. That he would not allow anything to happen to her and Amethyst trusted him. She trusted him a lot.
So she truly believed that she would not fall. That she could do it.

After all, she was doing it, and he was agreeing to that.

"You are."

The pride in his voice was obvious, and at that moment Amy felt invulnerable. She just wanted to stop time, get off this bloody thing and hug him until her arms hurt. Until she couldn't anymore. She wanted to show him how happy and thankful she was, but since she couldn't do that now, she made a mental note to tell him, or rather show him, some other time.

Nodding at his next words, she moved her body forward just a bit feeling the Broom speed up just a little. She didn't wanna take it too far since she was sure she wouldn't be able to control it yet.
Though what he said next shocked the girl to the point where she almost fell of her broom.

"Oh, and keep your eyes on where you're going, not on me, concentrate."

Amethyst felt her eyes redden but she didn't say anything immediately. She wasn't going to let him think that even if it was the truth.
"And who told you, little man, that I'm staring at you? I truly believe you are terribly mistaken if you think so."
It might have sounded a little bit better in her mind but that would work too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)   A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Promise is a Promise (Amethyst & TJ)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next