Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Wonder Years - Yellow - December, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 5:21 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) Empty
PostSubject: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Max was quite overwhelmed - which was possibly an understatement and a half. He'd been at the castle for... twenty four hours, maybe, time wasn't his strong suit, and he'd gotten lost more often than not. He had known, of course, that Hogwarts was a castle, but he didn't realise how big it really was.

Which, when you're eleven is twice as big as normal because everything is big.

But, what made it worse for Max was that he'd lost Freddo. Freddo was his four month old cat, whom he'd been allowed to get to come to Hogwarts with. Losing Freddo was something he'd promised his parents he wouldn't do, and within the first day, he'd done it. Not knowing anyone who could help, Max had wandered out in to the gardens looking for his little friend.

Shaking his box of cat treats, Max kept looking around, but it seemed like this was not going to end well. What would happen if he sent a school owl to his mum to say that he'd lost Freddo - would she pull him out of Hogwarts for being useless? Oh Merlin...

"Freddo!" Max called, getting more and more frustrated with himself as he scoured the grounds.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Elyah had gone out, in hopes that she could spend some time alone. Learning you were a witch was bad enough on its own. Even more going to Hogwarts. A school she had never heard of, and was trying to deal with at the very moment. Her mom was... who knew where, and wrote no letters. The fact that she had some money was a miracle actually.

These were the times that Elyah wished her father was in the picture. He was a wizard, that much she knew. But.. she never met him.
Who was he, why wasn't he in her life.
Maybe... maybe if he was here everything would be different. She could be a normal kid and all these wizarding things wouldn't be this hard to understand and live with.

But no. She was alone. Cause life wasn't fair and that much she knew quite well.

Sitting outside, she was enjoying-as much as she could- the kinda nice weather, since it wasn't that cold yet, thankfully. Eyes closed, the only thing she could feel was the grass beneath her, and the breeze.

Well, that was until something with fur jumped on her head. Then her stomach.

"What the...?"

Opening her eyes, Elyah met the worst thing that could happen to her. Or... one of the worst at least.

A tiny little kitty was sitting in her lap, staring up at her and meowing like a hungry baby. Elyah's gaze immediately went cold, and she stared at the cat.

"Get. Off. My. Lap."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Max had just gotten to the grassy area of the school when he saw someone a little way off. It was still nice enough outside, so he could understand why the girl was outside. However, he didn't have the time right now to talk to people or to find out about them, so he was ready to move on.

Until he spotted something on her lap. "Freddo!" Max called out happily, hurrying over to the girl he had almost ignored completely. "Thank goodness you found him!" Max added, leaning down and scooping his kitten up without a second thought as to whether the girl would mind him doing so.

Freddo meowed in indignation as Max cuddled him to his chest. "I'm so sorry." Max told the girl, his cheeks warming a little. "He was lost, he's probably hungry seeing as I haven't seen him since yesterday." Max explained, opening the box of cat treats and getting a few out for his kitten. "Thank you for finding him, it made my life so much easier. I was nearly going to have to right to my mumm-" Max cut off short of saying mummy, realising he was too old for that.

"I'm Maximillian!" Max added, grinning at the girl as if his rant was perfectly normal for anyone to do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Elyah wouldn't take her eyes off of that monster. It might look cute and adorable and extremely innocent but she knew better than to allow it to do anything. Cats were evil and she despised them.

The kitten simply stared at her, rubbing its head against her lap and making her growl in displease, earning a questioning meow from the kitty.
Any other person would be delighted to have such a little creature to play with but Elyah... not her type.

"Look, I won't throw you into the lake, if you promise to get off of me right now!"
But before she could do anything, a figure ran towards her and picked up the pet, earning a sigh of relief from the girl.
He went on mumbling things she didn't really hear, since she wasn't paying attention, and brushed herself off, getting up.

"I'm Maximillian!"

Cocking her head to the side, Elyah took a look at the boy before her. She hadn't seen him before, and by before she meant the train. They've been here for about 24 hours, she couldn't possibly see him, unless he was in the same house as her. But still, she wasn't really the friendly type.

"Elya," she simply said, her eyes not leaving his. She liked to watch people's emotions. It calmed her.
"So the devil is yours, I take it?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Freddo had scoffed down the treats Max had offered him without a second thought, and then sat licking Max's hand, trying to prompt him for more. But Max knew that the kitten was not allowed too many treats, or he would get fat. His mum had made sure he knew that before he left.

"Elyah... That's a cool name! Like mine!" Max responded to the girl's words. He hadn't heard that name before, which therefore made it a cool name. Max was quite fickle like that, new things were cool. Exciting.

Elyah, being new, was exciting.

"So the devil is yours, I take it?"

"Freddo?" Max asked, motioning to the kitten in his arms. "He's not a devil. Well, he is because he ran away, but usually, he's very good. But, yes, Freddo is mine." He explained, once more going around the houses as he tried to explain something simple. He noted Elyah was watching him, and he gave her a warm smile as he hoped that was the right thing to do.

"Do you have a pet here? I like animals." Max continued, deciding he now had time to speak to the witch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:40 pm

"Elyah... That's a cool name! Like mine!"

Well, aren't you a modest one, she thought and rolled her eyes at the boy. He reminded her of those excited and hyper kids that couldn't put their butts to the ground and stay calm for more than 2 minutes. It brought her a headache just by thinking of it.

"He's not a devil. Well, he is because he ran away, but usually, he's very good. But, yes, Freddo is mine."

Elyah laughed at that. He was not the devil? Anything that had to do with cats was a devil. Tigers, panthers, lions, who knew what else. All were the same diabolic creatures. She wanted them to keep away from her, and she would do the same. "Keep him away from me, and we're good."

Maximillian gave her a warm smile and Elyah almost choked on her saliva. Smiles, something she didn't usually receive and it made her a bit uncomfortable. Too warm. Too friendly. Too much... close.
Turning her gaze away from him in order to relieve herself from that friendly gesture, she coughed trying to make a distraction.

"Do you have a pet here? I like animals."

Well, do they like you?, the voice in her head said which made the girl smirk a bit.
"Yes. I have a lovely hamster that would be delighted to meet your... thing."
Sarcasm obvious, Elyah just smiled at the boy, hoping he wasn't going to be too scared of her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:59 pm

"I'll do my best to keep him away. But he's a cat, they wander around on their own. Not like a dog, or a pet you keep in a cage, or something." Max replied, and he genuinely meant it when he said he would try. Of course, saying that he wasn't sure how he was going to get Freddo to do that.

But, the sentiment was there.

When Elyah said she had a hamster, Max was a little disappointed. "Hamsters are boring. They sleep during the day, mostly. Did you bring him here? I thought we were only allowed... what was it... an owl, a cat or a frog... or was it a toad. Anyway, hamsters aren't on that list - did you really get one in? I never thought about breaking the rules... then I could have... well, I could have brought anything!" That thought obviously excited the Gryffindor, who was now working out if he could perhaps get a pet snake, or maybe... there were acromantulas in the forest... maybe...

He shook his head at that though, his mum would be very angry if he brought an acromantula in to the school.

"Also," Max continued, remembering what she'd said. "Hamsters and cats don't get on very well, so I think I'll keep Freddo away from you and your hamster." he explained brightly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 9:45 pm

His pathetic excuse made Elyah scowl but she tried to hide it as much as she could. She was being to harsh to the boy and it was a shame. After all, it wasn't right to be this mean to everyone, was it?
He had already made a mistake with getting a cat, he could at least try to fix it.

"Hamsters are boring. "

But he fucked up.

Elyah remained quiet listening to everything he had to say before gathering herself and taking a deep breath. He was being rude. Excitedly rude. And it was dangerously getting on her nerves. And Elyah didn't like being angry.
But Maximillian didn't know that, obviously, and he was crossing lines without knowing the consequences. Which gave him some sort of an alibi. So instead of breaking his nose with a good punch, she cleared her throat and moved a bit closer, meeting him in the eye.

"Look, Max. I, am not a person with really good patience. I don't like to watch things I love being called boring, or anything of that matter. So, before you make the same mistake again, I'd like you to keep your opinions to yourself, unless I ask for it. And no, I didn't bring it here, cause I kinda do know what the bloody rules are. Are we clear?"

So when he once again said that he will keep his demonic cat away from her and her hamster, if they ever met for that matter, her stone cold look faded and a smile replaced it.
"Good," she said as she slowly moved away from him. "That would be the best for both of us. And I mean your cat."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:00 pm

As Elyah took a step closer to him, Max looked at her a little confused - he thought she wanted to stay away from Freddo, but here she was taking a step closer to Freddo. Maybe the girl said one thing and meant another - what a strange person she was...

Her tone shifted then, and Max's eyes widened more than a little bit as she... told him off. He wasn't used to being told off, so it was difficult to say if that was what she was doing. But as she asked if he was clear, Max pulled a face. "If you're clear on the rules." Max began, thinking for a moment. "Does that mean the use of the word 'bloody' is allowed in the school. Cus that is a crackin' swear word, and my mum doesn't let me use it." Max replied, a hopeful smile on his lips.

"Oh, and I'm sorry for calling your hamster boring, but most hamsters are boring, so it's easy to assume. But... I probably shouldn't. Maybe yours is really cool. It sucks that you can't have him here, though. Seeing as you love him, and all."

The smile came back a moment later, and Max responded with a smile of his own. He was thankful Elyah had stepped away, because she had been much too close for his liking. "So, what are you doing out here? Apart from finding Freddo, of course." Max asked, looking around, there didn't seem to be anything to do here, so it was rather confusing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:52 pm

The First Year believed that Max here, had understood just fine what she meant, and that he would follow her advice from now on. After all, she was scary, and could be even worse if pushed over the limits. So people didn't mess with her, and she stayed away from them.

She was introverted. No one understood her, and that is why she had no friends. Plus, she had recently come to grips with the fact that she was a witch. Her mom was not supportive at all, no dad was around, and she was dealing with all of this on her own.
Wasn't this too much for an eleven year old?

"Does that mean the use of the word 'bloody' is allowed in the school. Cus that is a crackin' swear word, and my mum doesn't let me use it."

"Well, at least your mum does something!"
The moment she said those words Elyah moved away from him, hiding her face and mumbling a 'shit'.
She shouldn't have said that, especially to someone she barely knew, -and was kinda getting on her nerves-.

Waving his next words, Elyah simply shook her head.
She didn't know if she wanted to answer anyway. What was she doing out here? Running away from her life and problems? Most likely. But she had messed up too already.

"I wanted to take some fresh air. Guess it's time for me to go."
Nodding at him she started to leave, not wanting to be in his presence any longer. She didn't know how to handle it,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)   Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max) Empty

Back to top Go down

Here Kitty, Kitty (Elyah & Max)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next