Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 2:07 am

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

» Chester Millstone
Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 1:49 pm

The Professor seemed nice enough, because he didn't mind her getting his name wrong, and she smiled brightly at him. If the Professor was nice, she was sure she would love the class. Animals were fascinating to her, and especially those with magical things, like phoenixes and three headed dogs (she had only ever read about them, but she really hoped that they would be able to see them in class). "Thank you, Professor!" she said in reply.

She felt someone step up towards her and turned in time to see a boy about her age standing there, and wondered for a moment why he seemed so familiar. Just as she placed him as someone she had seen in her common room - which meant he was a fellow Gryffindor - he introduced himself and she returned his grin.

"Hi, Max!" she greeted. "Is that your full name or is that a nickname? I'm Kayleigh, but some people call me Kayle. I have a friend who calls me Leigh, too. I don't really mind what you call me," she continued, forgetting for a moment that it wasn't always polite to ask such questions. Following behind him, she smiled at the other girl. "Hi Elyah! I like your name. It's cute! I'm Kayleigh."

Before she could repeat what she had previously said, the Professor had started class, and she turned her attention towards him. Her hand shot up, and she could barely wait to be called on before saying, "Oh! Oh! Uhm, don't they eat the fire they are in and if the fire dies they die too?" She tilted her head, her eyebrows furrowing as she tried to recall more facts. "And something they have is used for potions but I don't know what. Is it their tail?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 4:52 am

Lux listened as the professor talked, taking a minute to recall facts about that particular animal. At least learning about the salamander would be more tolerable than that stinking unicorn. Salamanders were cool. They lived in the fire and they were born out of the fire. Lux wondered what that would feel like - having to live in fire. It would be like being burned alive. Fascinating!

Lux waited until that annoying first year finished talking. Most people would think that stupid thing was being cute but all Lux wanted to do was strangle her until she stopped talking. Did she always talk in questions? Now, that would be beyond annoying. She rolled her eyes at that last question. Time to set her right.

Lux raised her hand as a formality before speaking. "Their blood is used in potions because of its healing properties," Lux responded, glancing pointedly at the first year Gryffindor. Seriously, how could that chit not think of the blood? It was the first thing Lux always thought about. Blood fascinated her.

"Also, they can survive up to six hours out of the fire if they eat pepper," Lux finished. She was sure there were more facts about the salamander but this was all she could think of now.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 2:16 pm

The answer from the young Gryffindor made Daniel smile for a moment, nodding along with what she was saying until the last part on the potion ingredients. "Act-" But he was cut off by another student. A younger version of Daniel would not have been happy with this, but he had matured so much since then he simply turned his attention to the Slytherin who had spoken.

"That's correct." Daniel replied to the Slytherin witch with a small, tight smile. "Five points each to your respective houses for your answers." He added a moment later, looking around the rest of the students and beckoning them closer to him a moment later.

"Now, today's Salamanders are not one hundred percent well, they have scale rot, so we are going to help them heal from this illness. To do so we will need to rub chilli powder in to their scales. Gloves are to my left so that you don't get burnt, and the powder is to my right. Please pair up so that you can do this. One of you hold the Salamander still, the other rub the powder in to the Salamander's scales. Please try not to get it near your eyes, because it will hurt, a lot. If there are no questions, please begin!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 2:29 pm

[color=#008b8b]"Five points each to your respective houses for your answers."

Lux rolled her eyes. Seriously? How in Merlin's hairy ass did he manage to quantify both her answer and that dumb Gryffindor's answer as being worthy of the same amount of points? The first year's answer was mainly in questions - which is the exact opposite of what an answer was supposed to be unless answers somehow became questions overnight and Lux doubted that had happened.

But she couldn't demand he change it without risking some sort of consequence, especially when she felt like using some...choice words on him. No, she'd get back at that girl in her own time. That she would be sure of.

Lux listened as the professor kept talking. Oh right. Scale rot! That's what I forgot. Now this was interesting and would help take her mind off the unfairness of the given points. It would be fascinating to see the scale rot. Once the professor finished with his instructions, Lux didn't hesitate to grab a pair of gloves. Now, to find a partner. She really wished she could do it herself but since there was an even number of students, it looked like she didn't have an excuse.

Glancing around, she surveyed her choices. The first years were completely out of her as was the second year. That left her with the Ravenclaw and the Hufflepuff. No way was she going to partner with a Hufflepuff so she was left with the Ravenclaw sixth year. She approached the girl and put on her fake polite smile.

"Would you like to partner up?" she inquired. This girl better be competent. Lux would not tolerate a bad grade because her partner messed things up.[/i]
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Admin Closure of Class.

Thank you to those who have posted in this class - unfortunately the professor cannot finish up the class, so an admin will close it. Points will be given as follows:

10 points for attendance
5 points for any question being answered
Up to 15 points for participation

Thank you for your participation - this will still count as one of your three classes.

If you have any questions in regards to the points being handed out (either as a student or professor) please contact myself or another admin via PM to discuss them.

House Points
Kayleigh Walters = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answer = 15 points.
Maximillian Hollingberry = 10 points for attendance
Phillip Brennham = 10 points for attendance

Amethyst Vine = 10 points for attendance
Elyah Croft = 10 points for attendance

Evelyn Kovak = 10 points for attendance
Gabrielle Fontaine = 10 points for attendance

Lux Bailey = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answer + 5 for participation = 20 points.

TOTAL:
Gryffindor: 35
Hufflepuff: 20
Ravenclaw: 20
Slytherin: 20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years)   Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Care of Magical Creatures: Lesson Two - Salamanders (All Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Four (2017-18)-
Jump to: