Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Chatbox
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Jake Newbury, Janet Shinings

Most users ever online was 13 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:14 pm
Latest topics
» Kit Harrington
by Mimosa Harrington Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Teacher Orientation? [Jake]
by Andrei Kessler Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» Play Date (Sophie)
by Sophie Heart Yesterday at 7:29 am

» New Beginnings {Ambroise & Roxanne}
by Ambroise Durand Yesterday at 5:17 am

» Advertising
by Guest Yesterday at 3:11 am

» Stocking up (open)
by Janet Shinings Yesterday at 12:49 am

Unanswered Open Threads

None!

IC Chatbox

Share | 

What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

Birthday : 2002-01-26

PostSubject: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:51 am

Lux went through the familiar motions of stuffing her single duffle bag with clothes and toiletries. It was something she was used to - packing up her life into a cylindrical piece of sewn cloth. She did it every time she was adopted - thirty-two - to be exact and every time she was kicked out of the house and back to the orphanage.

She didn't own much. She couldn't. Most of her clothes were hand-me-downs from older kids, which she didn't like wearing because it wasn't her style. The rest was a mixture of clothes she'd torn up and patched back together to suit her fashion sense and some she bought using the money she earned working summer jobs. Then there was the other necessary items like her textbooks and electronic devices. That covered about everything she owned. Right now, she was dressed in a dark grey tank top with a picture of a hand sticking the middle finger out paired with ripped black skinny jeans and black combat boots. Then there were of course her multiple layers of black leather bangles, silver skull necklace and nose and eyebrow piercing to complete the outfit.

"So...new family huh," Holly said, her legs swinging over the edge of her bed as she watched Lux pack up her life.

Lux rolled her eyes. "I know. It's torture. And not the good kind."

Holly grinned. "Well, I can't wait to hear what you're going to do to them. Think you can break your record?"

It was an ongoing computation with herself to get kicked out of a foster home as fast as possible. Her fastest was three days. That had been fun! There was no doubt that poisoning the family dog would get her out of there lickety-split.

Lux's hands paused. "This couple is different. I'll have to use different techniques."

Holly's eyebrows creased. "Different how?"

Lux shrugged as she resumed packing. "They don't scare, surprise and react so easily. Especially the guy. He's… slimy."

"You'll do fine," Holly said.

"You bet I will," Lux responded, zipping up the bag and slinging it over her shoulder. It barely weighed anything. She had already said her goodbyes the previous night, Lux style. She'd played freaky horror music through the speakers in the middle of the night, waking everyone up and scaring the poop out of them. Literally. The jump scare she did on the headmistress was the best part and the recording of her reaction would be useful in the future.

She made her way down the stairs, passing the babies room and paused for a bit to see the infants in their cradles and crawling around. She’d miss frightening the guts out of them. She walked down all the way to the ground floor and spotted the couple waiting for her didn’t bother to greet them. They apparated back to whatever hole they were staying in and Lux made herself useful by blasting metal and rock music loud enough to reach the neighbours’ homes.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamren Jennson
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker

Birthday : 1970-02-19
Job/hobbies : Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Kamren was, of course, excited to have a child in the house. He'd sorted the paperwork quickly with the orphanage after leaving Lux, and returned it within two hours of finishing the meeting with the young witch. Clarinda had set to sorting the room they had left free for a child, and it was decorated plainly. Neutral soft colours - though they were not going to stop Lux from decorating how she wanted to, if she didn't like it.

Kamren had stopped to fill the fridge with a range of foods for Lux, he wasn't too sure on the girl's diet, so they could decide later on as to what they would be eating.

He and Clarinda had gone through everything, until they'd fallen in to bed exhausted after a very long day. A happy day, though, they were finally going to have a child that they could - possibly - call their own. "I'm excited for our new start." Kamren had confided in his wife as he got comfortable for the night's sleep, holding Clarinda close to him as he always did. "Even if it's not going to be easy." He added, leaning over to kiss his wife gently on the lips.

But, even if excited, Kamren had been out like a light after a very busy day. It was one of his quirks, he could sleep in an instant, anywhere, any time.

There hadn't been any issue with picking up Lux. A surprise, to be truthful. They'd gotten all the way home before anything had happened. The bliss of a quiet life was soon overthrown by the young witch's love for loud music. Kamren had given his wife a small smile that said he would deal with the situation and moved upstairs.

Moving in to the room, Kamren slipped his wand from his pocket and flicked it at the stereo, turning it down so he could be heard. "I thought you were more clever than that, Lux. A wizarding family is hardly going to allow you to make enough noise to disrupt the neighbours." He told her, keeping the small smirk from his lips, though his tone wasn't quite free of amusement. "Though, your taste in music isn't too far different from the young boy's next door." He added. Rock music was not his forte, at all, but it wasn't going to bother him.

"Did you want some lunch - we can cook something up, if you would like?" Kamren offered. This was going to be a challenge, but a challenge he was more than ready to deal with.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
~ Husband ~ 51 ~ Minister of Magic ~ 6'2" ~ Father ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:29 am

Lux was making herself at home, and by that she meant defacing the walls of the bedroom The Couple had stuck her in. When she’d first entered the room, she’d nearly gagged at the disgusting colour that lined the walls. Sure, a girly-girl would die for a room like that but for Lux, it inspired nothing but bile. How anyone could survive in such a colourless boring room with no personality was incomprehensible. She’d go insane if she stayed in this room another hour.

So, after setting her one bag down and arranging a few items around the room (which included a few human bones she’d picked up at Bogin and Burkes, a jar of blood, a medieval torture device and her collection of scissors), set set off around the house to find something she could paint the walls with. She wasn’t the best of artists but she could come up with nice creations. It wasn’t difficult to find the store room as well as a few brushes she could use. She lugged them back to her room and started work, mixing colours till she got the right shades and applying them to the wall, creating feminine and yet bold and rebellious patterns. Her head bobbed to the rhythm of the music, singing along a few lines. She’d never admit it to anyone but she possessed quite an amazing voice. She’d just completed the first wall, putting in a few dainty bats to it when her music came to an abrupt stop.

A Muggle expletive left her mouth and she turned around to see Camera standing there. She put a hand on her hip and kept her mouth shut until the son of a bachelor was done with his little speech. She let the first comment pass, not even dignifying it with a response. What he thought of her did not affect her, not in the least. If he thought she was stupid, then that was his mistake and he’d learn from it.

She raised one eyebrow. “Allow? That implies that you have some form of control over me and maybe you do...legally, but you’ll never control who I am or the decisions I make. And I couldn’t care a worm up Merlin’s hairy ass about the boy next door.” The music wasn’t a big deal, she’d just turn it back on after he left the room and nothing but physical force could stop her.

She paused for a while as he asked her about lunch. She wasn’t entirely picky with food and ate almost anything. She had been conditioned in that manner at the orphanage. Eat or starve. The only question now was if she wanted to make life difficult for them. But she had to think this through carefully. She already knew that these people did not react to her like how others did. Unpredictable. That’s what they were. Perhaps it was best to keep things simple until she had a window of opportunity.

“Anything’s fine. But be sure to have coffee,” she responded. Coffee to her was like oxygen to the body and she loved it more than life.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lux Bailey on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:17 pm

After they had come to an agreement with Lux, Clarinda spent the rest of the day getting the house ready while Kamren did the paperwork and other necessities. This was sped up by the position her husband occupied - there were less questions of credibility, money, and the issue of if they were competent to look after a wizarding child - and they were done before the sun had set.

Still, it was tiring, and at the end of the day, they retired to bed, excited but exhausted, and she murmured her agreement against his lips, and then moved to lean her head against his shoulder. “We will need to show her a lot of love and understanding,” she said, then paused momentarily. “I confess, Kam, that the reports we read worries me. What could have possessed the girl to do such horrible things?”

It took her much longer than her husband to fall asleep, but she always found comfort in listening to his slow breathing, and eventually, she, too, dozed off.

The next day, Clarinda geared herself up for more resistance, but was pleasantly surprised when things went smoothly and they apparated the girl back to their place without any hassle. But then, the music started, and Clarinda raised an eyebrow, letting out a soft chuckle and nodded at her husband. Allowing him a head start, Clarinda nevertheless followed behind, curious to see what Lux had been up to.

She stood to the side as her husband spoke, holding back a chuckle at Lux’s reply. The language was inappropriate for a child of that age - for anyone, in fact - but she decided to handle one things at a time. For now, the child needed to know they truly wanted and loved her. Correction would only work when there was mutual love, trust, and respect, and Clarinda was no idiot; she knew they were quite aways away from that.

Instead, she moved to join her husband, giving him a look that conveyed all that she had thought. He would understand, she was sure. Slyly, more for the Slytherin’s benefit than her husband, Clarinda asked, “I suppose, dear, we could always use a muffling charm should Lux wish to continue blasting her music. That way she can play it as loudly as she likes without disrupting anyone.”

Her eyes glinted, and she very nearly winked at Kam, but decided against it, instead offering him a very minute smirk. It lasted only a split second, and then she turned and swept her gaze around the room. “That’s an interesting choice of decoration,” she commented. “I was going to offer you paint once you had settled down, but it seems you have already found it.” Her tone was conversational, and held no judgement for what the girl had done; indeed, they had purposely left the room walls bare should Lux have wished to take things into her own hands. “If you need any other materials, though, do let us know.”

At the comment about food, Clarinda shrugged openly. “If you wish, I’ll show you how to use the coffee maker. That way you can have coffee whenever you please.” She paused, considering what they had in their fridge. “I think I’ll make lasagna, in that case. Beef, chicken, or vegetarian, Lux?” she offered, making sure the witch had at least some say in it. It was a trick she had learnt when giving her patience food; they couldn’t make too much of a fuss about what was served if they were the ones who chose it.

Back to top Go down
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:54 pm

After she spoke, Lux didn’t bother making eye contact or facing The Couple, turning her attention back to painting the second wall, experimenting with splashing a few drops of red paint on the black background. She was surprised though, when it was the woman who responded to her retort instead of the man. It looked like she was in for a few more surprises with these people.

But one thing that was predictable was the woman’s response. It was expected of her to be the peacemaker. That much Lux could tell. But she did not expect for the guy to let her talk. He seemed the powerful kind and Lux had seen men like that wield such control over their wife that she was rendered mute in his presence. It was pathetic.

Not turning to meet their gaze, Lux continued painting the words “REVENGE” across the wall as she responded. “Not a bad idea. If you do that and something happens to me and I scream for help - which I probably won’t do anyway - you guys won’t be able to hear me and I can be kidnapped, or tortured or die, which won’t be that bad actually,” she said nonchalantly, putting the last touches on the word so it looked like it was dripping blood and stood back to eye it critically.

At the woman’s compliment of her artistic style, she threw a dirty look over her shoulder. “No one asked your opinion and stating the obvious is a waste of breath,” she replied casually before dipping the brush back into the bucket and starting the outline of a scissors. At the woman’s offer to ask her for any other materials, Lux decided to freak her out a little. She didn’t know if it would work but there was no harm trying.

“Some monkey fur would be great actually. I’ve got a purse made out of it and it would be nice to stick some on the walls in a few patterns,” she said with a sweet smile.

“Ugh, anything but vegetarian,” Lux said scrunching her nose up. Being vegetarian was stupid when one could enjoy feasting on the meat of animals. Vegetarian food was only for those weak of heart. Real people enjoyed meat. Sure, she didn’t mind vegetables but living on that for the rest of her life was unimaginable.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamren Jennson
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:15 am

Kamren had kept hold of his wife's worries, he had his own worries too. But there was nothing a child could do that they couldn't handle. They were both patient people, it might take time, but Lux could be handled, that much Kamren was sure of. Though he hadn't responded, because his wife's worry was founded, but he would prove that it was something they could handle.

That had been hours ago, though, and now he was stood before the source of his wife's worries, in a war of wills.

Well, he'd dropped himself in it by not using very, very carefully worded sentences, and the use of the word allow had been his mistake. Scolding himself internally for that much, Kamren let Lux berate him for the words, simply taking on her dislike of authority in that moment. Of course, it wasn't that bad, the girl was clever, and he would bare that in mind.

Clarinda though came to his aid - he didn't need help, but they were a team, and his wife's opinion and patience was always useful in such situations. She had calmed the situation a little, but Lux, oh Lux had an answer for everything.

"We can put an exterior muffling charm on the house." Kamren supplied. "So we'll still know you're okay, but you won't upset our neighbors with the noise. And, as for the other points. You can rest assured that security in this house is beyond that of Hogwarts." Kamren explained, though he knew that Lux did not know yet of his position. He wouldn't waste time in telling her without being asked, the young witch was, quite obviously not one to care unless she asked the question.

“No one asked your opinion and stating the obvious is a waste of breath,”

Kamren bristled marginally at the words, casting a sideways glance at Clarinda, but not saying a word. Clarinda could fight her own corner, if she thought a reprimand would be adequate in that moment, but he decided that he was not going to supply it.

"We'll look in to monkey fur, provided things go well between us." Kamren responded to the request. If Lux could behave for some time, they would, of course, give her treats, and the like. But only if she was good, Kamren would refuse to reward bad behaviour, as any parent should.

"We'll have beef." Kamren responded when Lux didn't make a decision. Well, she'd made half a decision. "Come down when you're finished on that section Lux, and I'll show you where the coffee machine is. And then you can help me prepare the salad whilst Clare does the lasagne." He added, not instructing her to drop everything now, but with enough authority in his voice that said he did expect her to help.

After all, they were a family now, and families worked together.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:27 pm

At the mention of torture and kidnapping, Clarinda raised an eyebrow, not so much at the suggestions, but rather at the idea that their house would be breached. Being the Minister of Magic had its perks, she knew, but there was always some risk to her husband's being at any given time, and their place was well protected; nobody who entered the place would do so without either of them knowing, and if someone who meant harm tried... Well, it wouldn't end well for that person.

And, since Lux was now part of their family, that meant she, too, was under that same safety measures; she was a Jennson, and with that came all the protection that they both received. But, before she had a chance to say anything, her husband spoke, and she nodded her agreement. Glancing at her husband, she noted his carefully chosen words and understood he had purposely left out the details - that, if anyone even tried to break in, a squad of aurors would be there in less than thirty seconds.

At the obvious display of disrespect, Clarinda couldn't help but smile a little, giving her head a tiny shake. No, Kam, not yet, she was telling her husband, noting his displeasure. They would handle things one step at a time, and this was not the time to outright scold.

But Clarinda wasn't about to let it slide, and instead decided for the more demeaning approach; she would pop Lux's bubble, and show the witch that she wasn't the smartest in the room, and that behaviour like that wasn't going to be tolerated.

"No, nobody did," she replied. "But that's called a compliment, Lux. Do with it as you please."

She paused, then offered her husband a discreet wink, telling him to go with whatever she said next. Then, in a casual tone, she continued with, "What is obvious to one person may not be obvious to another. For example, yesterday you mentioned stabbing someone in the eye. Now, it is obvious to me that eyes do not gush blood. Rather, there will be a transparent fluid. However, this wasn't obvious to you and your description somewhat lacked authenticity."

There was nothing more to add about the monkey fur - as odd a request as that was - and instead she simply nodded again. "I can ask around the ward, Kam. I'm sure someone there knows a supplier," she told him, more to reinforce what he had said, and confirming that they weren't just playing along with the witch but taking her requests serious; it was what family did, after all.

"Beef it is," she acknowledge with a smile, already turning away and making her way downstairs, slipping her wand out as she did so. She was sure Kam would be able to handle things with Lux from there - not that he couldn't already - and focused instead on preparing lunch for her, her husband, and their new daughter.
Back to top Go down
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:00 pm

Lux suppressed the cry of victory burning in her throat at Camera’s mention of the exterior muffling charm. It had sort of been her goal all along. The only reason why she put the music on that loud was to annoy The Couple, not so much the neighbours. The genius guy got himself in a trap. She would be blasting the loudest metal and rock music whenever she was in the house and it wouldn’t bother her one bit. The possibility that it might bother him was small and he might not react in the manner she wanted him to, but Lux didn’t care. She was going to go for it.

When he mentioned about the security though, it pulled her attention away from a wall just long enough to give him a quick glance. She could tell he was a powerful man; that much she observed from their first meeting. But he had to be way up the top of the ladder to have his house this secure and be assured that nothing and no one could breach it. Lux began to think twice about angering him. Was her future worth the satisfaction of getting under his skin and seeing him riled up? She guessed that Clarinet would probably not let Camera do anything to harm her future as a witch but was she willing to take the risk?

Squaring her shoulders the tiniest bit, she gave herself a firm scolding. You’ve never been one to quit once you set your mind on things. Don’t start now. He might be powerful yes. He might banish you to Azkaban or strip you of ever practicing magic but you are not going to ditch your plan. Do you hear me? Do not ditch your plan or you will be miserable for the rest of your life. With that pep talk, Lux pushed all worry from her mind. She would go through with this even if she never got to see daylight again. She preferred the dark anyway.

Another surprise came when Clarinet gave her a piece of her mind. Lux had honestly not expected this woman to stand up like that; she’d expected her husband to come to the rescue. Lux narrowed her eyes mentally. This was too many surprised for one day and she was beginning to feel like she was losing control of her life. They weren’t reacting the way they were supposed to react and that threw her off balance. She hated the feeling. She’d always been the one in control. No one dared talk back to her and no one dared disobey her. This was entirely new.

She turned to face her with a bright cheerful smile and a slight tilt of the head. “Well, congratulations. You passed ‘Standing Up For Yourself 101,” she said. “But let me make it obvious to you since that seems to be your thing. I know about the fluid in eyes. Aqueous humour and vitreous humour, right? I know blood won't gush out (but it will bleed a little since there are arteries in the eyes. ‘How do I know that?’, you may ask. Good question. If you couldn’t tell already, I’m into blood,” she paused and gestured to the wall and the word she’d painted to look like it was dripping blood, “so I researched and informed myself  which parts of the body bleed and which parts don’t. So why did I say that yesterday? Excellent question! Since blood cannot run from the eyes and therefore I don’t have the pleasure of watching blood flow from your eyes, it is equally unlikely for me to truly belong to a family. I’m only here because I’m a minor and for some absurd reason the universe decided to punish me by sticking me with you and this guy here,” she looked pointedly at Camera, “challenged me.”

Throughout her lengthy monologue, Lux kept a smile on her face. Clarinet probably thought it was condescending but she didn’t care llama spittle what the woman thought. It was rare for her to let this many words pass out of her mouth at one time Lux spoke her mind when she saw fit to do so and this was one of those times.

She rolled her eyes when Camera mentioned about getting the monkey fur if things went well. She couldn’t care baby bean sprouts if things went well with them or if she didn’t get the monkey fur. It had been a move to freak them out a little but he made the whole thing sound as if she was a three year old. If you do this, you can have the toy. If you don’t, no toy. Perhaps he did think she was a spoiled brat... but that was his opinion.

She heard the authority in his tone of voice as he mentioned her helping with the salad. Almost instinctively, she opened her mouth to rebel but shut it a split second later. She wasn’t that stupid to not know when she no longer had that power she was so used to having. Rebelling now was sure to end disastrously and though on normal days she wasn’t one to care, she knew better than to invite that sort of trouble with Camera. And besides she had enough surprises from The Couple for one day.

“Fine. But only because only because I want to,” she replied. She hated - absolutely hated - being told what to do and to shift the reins back in her favour she had to re-state that she was doing what she wanted and not because someone told her to.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamren Jennson
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:10 am

The small battle of wills going on between Lux and Clarinda was amusing. Lux obviously trying to outsmart his wife was something he had thought might happen, but watching it, yes, it was quite something. Clarinda was as intelligent as she was beautiful, so Lux was going to have to draw something quite impressive to knock his wife from winning.

Of course, this amusement would be saved, and shared with Clarinda at a later point, he was not going to encourage Lux in to trying to win this, because that was not how this was going to work.

With Clarinda heading down to make their lunch Kamren waited until the steps were gone before focusing back on Lux, who was telling him that she was only going to do something because she wanted to. They were bending her, very slowly, in to a person that helped, but did not get told she had to do this, that and the other. He respected her independence, knew he and Clarinda couldn't make up for the loss of parents on the witch's part.

But they could, if Lux played ball, be a big part of her future.

"Of course, only because you want to." Kamren replied when she'd done. They both knew that this was not the case, and he was not going to correct her, or make her feel small in that moment. "I'll see you downstairs in a little while." Kamren added, pulling up the door to the room for Lux and heading downstairs to find Clarinda and help her with whatever was necessary.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:48 am

At the lengthy rant from the young Slytherin, Clarinda simply kept a neutral expression, one that neither spoke of approval or disapproval, although it was very interesting to hear what Lux had to say. It gave her more insight into the mind of the witch, things that Clarinda noted down for later discussion with her husband. It was a smart move on Kam's part to challenge her, something that Clare would also mention later, but for now, she kept her focus on the current topic of conversation.

There was nothing for her to say; Lux had been trying to save face, to correct a statement they both knew she had said in error, and Clarinda would not hurt the witch's pride any more. So, instead, she offered her a smile and nodded. "Well, as I said before, if you require any other materials, let us know. I'm not sure we have enough red paint for the rest of the walls," she said, matter-of-factly, continuing with what they had said earlier about supplies.

As she walked down the stairs, she just caught Lux's word, and suppressed a laugh. That's not exactly true, is it? she thought to herself, an amused smile playing on her lips. She knew Kam had won that round. Then again, he wasn't Minister of Magic for nothing.

Reaching the kitchen, she gave her wand a few flicks, setting things in motion; the fridge opened, knives and chopping boards set themselves up, food came flying out from different places, and with another few motions of the wand, the lasagna preparation started.

Hearing a single set of footsteps behind her, Clarinda glanced over her shoulder to smile at her husband. "That went well," she murmured, softly, so that only he could hear. "I was expecting much worse."
Back to top Go down
Kamren Jennson
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:02 am

Taking the steps slowly, trying to make sure he didn't sound too happy with the success of the situation, Kamren let the smile that he'd been holding back take it's place on his features. They had made progress, of that much he was quite certain. Yes, it was only a small step, but if they kept making small steps, this whole situation was going to work out perfectly.

Stepping in to the kitchen, Kamren sidestepped the pasta sheets as they made their way to his wife. As Minister of Magic he could have had house elves or employees to do such menial tasks, but he'd chosen not to - simply because it meant he and Clarinda had more time to do things together, less excuses for him to stay at work, because he had to be home for dinner.

"That went well,"

Kamren couldn't help but beam at his wife. "You did fantastic!" He responded in an equally as soft voice, leaning down to press a soft kiss on his wife's lips. Short and chaste, but showing his thanks for her support in that moment. "Though, I don't think it's going to be plain sailing the whole time. But, we'll see." Kamren insisted, moving to the sink to wash his hands so that he could help with the preparation of the dinner.

"Monkey's fur though?" Kamren continued - still hushed. "It's a little... out there, isn't it?"

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Lux watched with narrowed eyes as The Couple retreated from her territory and one side of her lip curled in contempt. She knew this wasn’t over and something told her it would be the longest battle yet. These people were different; they were like the Carters. Patient, stable, steady and unmoved no matter what she threw at them. Thinking about the Carters made a pang of pain shoot through her heart. She hadn’t thought about them for almost seven years. Thinking about them hurt and she didn’t want to feel that kind of hurt.

Letting out a frustrated grunt, she cleaned up after herself and put the cans of paint and paintbrushes aside before changing into black shorts and making her way down to the kitchen. They had a nice neat home as Lux expected. She rolled her eyes. So cliche. She’d been to all kinds of homes. Rich, poor, dirty, clean, loud, soft and weird. She’d been to homes that were almost as big as mansions and homes that were small shacks. It was always interesting to Lux to read someone’s home. It spoke a lot about the people living there and what they were like.

This one was a quaint home. Comfortable but not overly show-offy although Lux suspected they were very well off. Things were of good quality but not over-the-top expensive or there just for the sake of showing off wealth. It was...sensible. It wasn’t difficult to find the kitchen and the first thing she saw was how close The Couple was. She snorted in disgust as she stepped in.

“I’d keep things PG-13 around here if you don’t want me gagging or vomiting a load of disgust over this nice place,” she commented as she headed to the sink to wash off whatever paint made its home on her hands. She didn’t know if they would get the muggle movie reference but she didn’t care.

She helped in whatever way was needed to make lunch, at home in the kitchen. It wasn’t rare for her to have to make her own meals at the orphanage or at the homes she went to. Often, the food given to the kids at the orphanage was barely enough to stave off hunger and there were homes where the couple were too busy yelling at each other to care about the kids. She had to learn the basics of slapping food together to survive whatever hell she was thrown into for the day.

Lunch was made and finished off with Lux eating every drop on her plate and then some. She hadn’t had good food since...the Carters. Merlin’s hairy prick. Why do they keep popping up now? Get out! In a sour mood from the memory, Lux got up from the table, dunked her plate in the sink and made a beeline to her room. On went her headphones and the loudest music she could find as she lay on the bed. But even with the volume maxed out, it couldn’t drown out the quiet whisper of memories floating through her mind as she stared blankly at the ceiling.

She didn’t leave her room, giving the excuse that she wasn’t hungry when dinner time came. She drifted in and out of sleep until her clock showed it was two in the morning. Her body, as if having its own clock, woke up. She put on her black ripped skinny jeans, changed her shirt and shrugged on her only black hoodie over it before slipping her feet into her combat boots. Now came the tricky part. Lux suspected that The Couple had some sort of alarm system in the house that alerted them if anyone came in or if anyone went out. It was probably a spell or charm of some sort if it wasn't a Muggle alarm - which she sincerely doubted it would be. There was probably no way she could get out of the house without triggering something But she needed to get out.

The main doors and windows downstairs would definitely have some sort of protection. Lux glanced at her bedroom window. It would be a two story drop and she wasn't allowed to use any sort of spell to slow down her descent. Drat! And there was nothing she could hold on to to aid her down. There was no choice but to use the back window downstairs since she was sure all the doors would be locked and she had no clue where the keys were kept. It was a big-ass risk but she had to get out. She sneaked out of the house and made her way through the quiet alleys of Ireland, bypassing the main roads and taking shortcuts heading for the one place that held people crazy enough to bring some normalcy back into her life.

It wasn’t long until she came to one of the darkest alleys in Ireland. She knew her way well enough that she didn’t need the flashlight from her phone. Lux found the door, sunken into the side of the brick building with a few steps leading down into it. She pushed it open and was greeted to the sound of metal music and smoke. She was home. The bar was the unofficial meeting place for the Skullkers, a gang about fifteen people strong, all orphans like her but most of them were above eighteen. It was nothing illegal, just a bunch of young people bound by a common situation.

She found them quickly enough in the dimly lit bar. They were always at the far back and she could spy Amanda’s electric purple hair a mile away. Lux was greeted by cheers and hugs as the familiar members welcomed her. Compared to them, Lux was very mild. Some had extreme Gothic makeup and crazy hair, piercings and tattoos. Big Mac, the unofficial leader of the gang and nicknamed for his love of that particular Mcdonald's burger gave her a bear hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Nice to see ya again, little sis,” he said, offering her a cigarette.

“Right back at ya, bro,” Lux replied with a smile, taking the cigarette as she made herself comfortable and ordered a drink. This was her home. This was her family.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamren Jennson
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:24 am

Dinner had been pleasant. Too pleasant. Lux had helped with minimal fuss, eaten heartily and put her plate away. The comment on keeping things PG had made Kamren smile a little, giving Clarinda a small look of amusement at the comments. Oh, the child was amusing, she wasn't - so far - as bad as he'd been expecting, but he was not complacent.

Maybe she was just a child who needed leading in the right direction, but not molly-coddling. That much they could definitely do, but it was too early to tell.

When Lux had gone back to her room, Kamren had helped tidy up things with Clarinda, and then gone to his study to do some work. The rest of the day had been uneventful - Lux hadn't wanted dinner, and they hadn't pushed her. Night fell, and Kamren had gotten in to be beside his wife with a soft sigh. "This is going too easy." He commented, getting himself comfortable in pillows and draping an arm around his wife. "But, she seems like a good kid." He added as an after thought - though he couldn't help but wonder where everything had gone so wrong for the other foster parents.

But, as he relaxed in to the pillows, Kamren decided not to worry. Perhaps, for once in their life they would get what they wanted, a child.

Sleep came easily, but Kamren was woken up a few short hours later, to find his wife worrying because Lux was gone.

"The security detail will tail her, Clare." Kamren reminded his wife sleepily. But he knew, better than anyone, that Clarinda would not get back to sleep until Lux came home. "We can't drag her home. That's not going to go well, but she's safe." Kamren insisted, knowing the words wouldn't make enough of a difference to his wife who was now sat up in bed. Kamren, however, was not worried, and instead rested his head on his wife's lap and drifted back to sleep.

He trusted their security detail to do their job.

But even with his lack of worry, Kamren came to every couple of hours, finding Clarinda still awake and still worrying. He murmured reassurances before drifting back off to sleep, until six a.m. came. Rolling from bed, Kamren dressed in a pair of slacks and a t-shirt and went downstairs to get a coffee, and sat waiting at the breakfast bar for Lux's return.

Now, Kamren realised, they needed a serious talk.

As the door opened, and the younger witch came back in to the house, Kamren put his coffee down. "Lux, please can you come sit with me a moment." Kamren called out - his tone soft, not in the least bit angry. But, it held enough of a serious tone to let the witch know that no was not going to be an acceptable answer.

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:57 pm

The first few minutes with the gang was spent telling them everything that had happened to her since she saw them during the last holiday.

"Yo, Lux. What's been going on with you, man?"

And that question led to explaining about The Couple which led to empathetic gazes and understanding nods. Now, Lux would normally tear apart anyone who tried to sympathise or empathise but these people had been through the same thing as her. They knew what it was like to bounce from home to home, parent to parent. The lucky ones got good parents and the not-so-lucky ones would rather live in the orphanage or even on the streets instead of the with the home they were put in.

But after catching up, Lux was having a blast with her friends. Everything with The Couple happened so fast and sudden that she found herself in a completely lost and out of control of her life. And if there was one thing Lux hated it was not having control. But with the Skullkers, she could return some normality to her life. There were jokes and stories and dares and laughter. It had been some time since she'd seen the gang, what with Hogwarts and all. Most of them were older than eighteen and had their own lives while Lux was still stuck in school and stuck with parents.

They didn't just stay in the bar though. They all went out and did some street art, choosing a place they knew wasn't patrolled by police. Lux and a few others went and got some new tattoos and piercings. By the time four in the morning rolled around, Lux thought it was best to get back before The Couple woke up but changed her mind to spend more time with the gang, not knowing if she would get the chance to see them again. They had a couple beers in the bar and she drank as much as she wanted. It wasn't like she couldn't hold her alcohol or control herself. She knew when to stop and that was all that mattered.

She stayed with them until the sun came up and they had to disperse to their various jobs. It was six and Lux was pretty sure The Couple would be awake by now. She didn't bother thinking up a lie to tell them; they would smell the smoke on her anyway. Even if she hadn't smoked more than one cigarette, she was in an environment saturated in smoke and the smell was on her. That and alcohol.

She took a slow walk back through the alleys. But as she walked, she felt goosebumps rising. Someone was watching her. And following her. But no matter how much she tried to catch a glimpse, she couldn't. There was no one following her or darting around corners to keep hidden. Lux quickened her pace. There were people around, going to work, opening shops, walking along, but they were all on the main streets and she was using the alleyways.

She brushed off the feeling, telling herself she was just paranoid. Soon enough, she saw the back of The Couple's house. She entered the back gate and through the window, could see Camera already up. She sighed. Time for punishment. It was so predictable. She pushed opened the door and sure enough the next words out of his mouth confirmed her suspicion.

Lux wasn't stupid to rebel against such authority the man commanded. She could tell when someone had more control than her and there was nothing she could do but obey, but to test the water, she said. "No." Not even "No, I can't". Just a simple 'no'.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamren Jennson
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Finally, the resistance came, and Kamren was not in the slightest bit surprised. They had gone too long without some sort of retaliation, and Kamren was ready for it. The shortness of the retaliation meant little and less to Kamren, he paused for a moment, allowing her to see sense herself. But, there was no sense that came, and so Kamren repeated his original words.

"Lux, please can you come sit with me a moment." He said calmly once again, motioning to the seat opposite him. His tone didn't change, nor did his facial features show that he was mildly frustrated. It was a simple request, the retaliation was supposed to be on bigger things, not this.

"We need to talk. You're not in trouble. I know where you have been, I know what you have been doing. Whilst I don't agree with any of your actions, you're your own person, and I will not tell you what you can and can't do with your own body. However, I will tell you what I expect from you, and you will listen to me, otherwise, you are going to be in trouble, and you can kiss your little escapades good bye. And please do not think that I am joking about that Lux, I have that power, and I will exert it if you try to push me." Kamren told her, before motioning to the chair opposite once more.

"So, please will you sit with me a moment."

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:00 am

Lux almost let out a chuckle when all the could do was repeat his earlier request. But then he went on talking and she remained quiet until he said his piece. If he was trying to intimidate her, it wasn't working. Not at all. She had people say stuff like that to her all the time and nothing ever came out of it because she didn't let it affect her. They could lock her up all day, remove her privileges, starve her, make a slave out of her, whatever it was, none of it worked because she wasn't one to give in.

But what hit her most of all was when Camera revealed he knew where she had been and what she had done. It wasn't paranoia then. He'd had people stalk her. That sneaky son of a bachelor! How dare he invade my privacy! She probably didn't notice it when she sneaked out of the house because her mind was on getting to the bar. But she did have the sense someone was following her on the way back. Growing up, she spent a majority of her time on the streets instead of in the orphanage or the homes she was placed into and she'd had to learn quickly how to be street smart. But the nerve he has to stalk her!

She already knew he was a powerful man but to have someone - perhaps even more than one person - follow her, he must be very high up the ladder. There weren't very many people who were powerful enough to command professional people to follow someone. And for them to obey him...Who is he exactly? The Minister of Magic? she thought sarcastically. Then paused as she pondered that possibility. But what would the Minister of Magic want with someone like her? If he wanted a child, he would be better off adopting a baby or toddler. She was two years away from being legal and free. No. He couldn't be. Could he?

All of that ran through her mind in a few seconds. And she made up her mind. "No. I will not," she replied with a smile and a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. It was his move now.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamren Jennson
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:05 am

"No. I will not,"

Kamren took a breath, held it for a moment, and let it out - not noticeably to someone who didn't know him. He was, very slightly, frustrated with the girl before him for not listening, but he was not going to allow her to get the better of him. "Fine, don't sit down, but you can listen." Kamren replied, his tone still even in that moment.

"If you didn't yet know, this family is important in the Wizarding World. Why?" Kamren continued, posing the question, but it was a rhetorical one, because he was going to tell her anyway. "I am the Minister of Magic in Great Britain. This means the well being of my family, our family, it under constant threat. There are people out there, Lux, who would not think twice about abducting you and trying to ransom you back to me.

"Now, I know you're old enough in your head to look after yourself, and, to a point I will agree that you can look after yourself. However, Lux, and this is important, I can only protect you if you trust me, and Clarinda, enough to tell us where you're going." Kamren explained, not trying to scare her, but being very realistic about the situation. "I need you to try to understand that you're now part of a very important family, Lux, and not to act so irrationally again. Do you think you can do that?"

~ Plot Page ~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:31 am

Lux rolled her eyes at the first sentence out of his mouth. Was that really all he could muster? But then he continued with his lecture. Initially, her excitement sky rocketed when he finally admitted he was the Minister of Magic. Called it! True, it had been a sarcastic thought at first but it had entered her mind. It raised a whole bunch of other questions like: what did the Minister of Magic wanted with an orphan kid? Was it because he knew something about her past? About her parents? Did he owe someone a favour and so had to adopt her? This was just the basics. Oh. Maybe he wants me for something. She remembered a scene from a show she'd watched where there was a whole team of secret agents who were orphans and so were best suited to undercover work. But she highly doubted that was the case with Camera.

But then her ire increased when he continued talking as if she was a dim witted child. Did he seriously think she wasn't capable of understanding what such an important position entailed. She knew and understood the implications - making the lecture completely unnecessary - but she simply chose to ignore it.

She popped gum into her mouth and chewed steadily, tolerating his speech until he got to the part about trusting them and telling them her whereabouts. This was all she could take. Rolling her eyes, she didn't bother to acknowledge what he'd said so far as she walked off without a glance back. She didn't need to listen to him drone on and on about things she already knew. Lux had a few choice words to lash back at him but decided that he wasn't worth her breath. Plus she really needed a bath to wash the smell of smoke off and a good long sleep after staying up most of the night.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:36 am

The meal went well, after which Clarinda took a quick nap. As a Head Nurse, she never knew when she would be called in to work, or what may crop up, and had learnt to catch some sleep whenever she had a chance to. Dinner came and went, with Lux not wanting to join them. That was okay; it was a big change for the young witch, and both her husband and her knew it wouldn't be an easy adjustment.

But that night, after having settled down with Kam, she was woken up by the quiet humming of uncertainty, instincts telling her something was up. Sitting up in bed, she glanced over to see that there had been a message left for the pair by their security detail, saying that Lux had left the house and was currently being watched in a bar.

Automatically, that meant Clarinda would get no sleep - for she never slept well until everyone who was meant to be home was home - and reached over to turn on the bedside light, picking up a case file as she did so. I might as well use the time to work, she mused, thumbing over the information given. Seamus Cassidy, losing magic abilities... What could it be?

A stirring beside her made her turn, and she smiled as Kam also awoke. "JI know, dear," she agreed, trusting their security detail. After all, it why they hired them in the first place, and it wasn't as though she didn't have one. "Go back to sleep, Kam. I'll wait," she added, reminding him that she wouldn't actually be able to fall asleep as long as Lux was out there. As he shifted position, she smiled, bending down to kiss his forehead, and then went back to her case files, one hand absentmindedly running through Kam's hair as he slept.

At one point, she paused, placing down the file, and just watched her husband sleep. The worry lines from both work and his age seemed simultaneously disappear and stand out, a reminder that he was no longer the young man she had first fallen in love with - he was still a man she loved, and loved much more than ever, but he wasn't the same. And, she realised, neither was she. They had both matured and grown and changed, but they had done so together, and her identity was now as much in him as his was in her; to think of separating them or as herself as an individual was absurd.

Lux stayed out the whole night, and Clare made sure to get hourly reports - or an update whenever something new happened - and it wasn't till Kam had already gotten up and was getting ready to go downstairs that the news came that the young Slytherin was on her way home. Naturally, that meant rest, but Clare had some errands to run (it was an off day for her, luckily) and so she slipped out of bed.

She was just about to step into the kitchen when she heard voices, and stopped to listen. No, she already knew Kam wanted to handle this on his own, and interrupting would not be a good thing. So, she stood, and waited, and listened at Kam's little speech, smiling to herself as he captured everything the pair wanted to say perfectly. But the 'no' that came did not surprise Clarinda, having already predicted it; she dealt with enough stubborn patients to know the signs and warning signals to know when they were going to do something defiant.

She heard the frustration not in Kam's tone, but his words, and she felt it as though it was her own, and immediately knew she would be stepping in soon. How, she couldn't explain, but she prepared herself, and waited. Sure enough, seconds after Kam had explained his position and proposed the question, a figure popped her head around the corner, and Clarinda immediately moved to block the narrow corridor that led back to their rooms.

"I believe Kam asked you a question, Lux," she said matter-of-factly, not raising her voice or showing anger in that moment. "You might not believe it, but we do love you, and we do care for you. We're not asking that you don't go out - we ask that you don't sneak out, because there's no need."
Back to top Go down
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Lux hadn't waited for Kam to finish is lengthy speech (weren't men supposed to speak less anyway?), walking off right before he tried to stress that she was part of the family. But she did hear the question while her back was turned and her feet carried her away. She rolled her eyes at what he'd said but didn't bother giving a response, her mind on shower and sleep instead.

She'd expected a lecture and some sort of punishment - had been through them countless times. She'd expected it from Camera and she'd been right. What she hadn't anticipated with the whole scene was Clarinet materializing out of thin air and right on to the path that would lead her to her bedroom. She gnashed her teeth, her patience reaching a dangerous limit as she glared up at the annoying woman.

"And I believe you're standing in my way, hag," Lux said in a hard voice. If fire could shoot from the glare she was giving the woman, she'd be ash by now. But since that was not possible, Lux settled for communicating as much hate as she could using the windows to her soul. It was taking all her self-control not to reach out and give the woman the good tight slap she deserved. Although Lux hadn't yet used any physical force, she did start mentally planning ways to destroy the woman in front of her.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:04 pm

"And I believe you're standing in my way, hag,"

The response that came was not unexpected, considering that Lux had just walked out on Kamren without so much as a word of acknowledgement, and Clarinda was not in the least bit surprised. "And I've never been called that before," she said, dryly. Sarcasm wasn't always something she used or turned to, but she found that on occasion, it conveyed meaning better than a more decent way of speaking would.

"I don't think I've told you what I work as," she continued, tone back to a neutral one, showing neither anger nor compassion; it was patient, yes, but showed no emotion, and was what she used with her most difficult patients. "I'm one of the Head Healers at St. Mungos, and part of my job is to stand in people's way - people who don't want treatment, or people who have been affected by spells or potions. I've had years of practise - more years than you have been alive, Lux - so if it's to be a battle of wills, there is no competition. I've dealt with people more violent, more stubborn, and more unloveable than you, and I will continue having patients like that. The only difference is I didn't choose them; but I chose you, which means I will never give you up or give up on you."

"So, Lux, believe whatever you want, but I tell you the truth: you are our daughter, and we love you, and we want you. Nothing can and will change that," she concluded, giving it a second or two before moving to the side and giving her head a tiny jerk in a 'go on, then' movement. "If you want breakfast, be down here washed and clean in twenty. If you aren't here, you're on your own for food until lunch," she told the younger witch, but made no indication of moving first.

No, if there was one thing she had learnt it was to never turn her back on anyone who was angry, and it was obvious to anyone that Lux was furious in that moment.
Back to top Go down
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:30 pm

Lux didn't expect Clarinet to blow up in anger at her retaliation. Any other foster parent who went through Lux's verbal torrent of abuse either blew up like a volcano or burst into tears like a water fountain. Lux had made it a game, every time she was placed into a new home, to make a bet with herself which reaction she would get. But one day with The Couple told her they did not react in the usual way and now she knew why. The Minster of Magic. Hmph! She hadn't expected the minster of magic to be so...normal. She'd always perceived him as a high and mighty individual with his nose so high in the air it took Jack's beanstalk to reach it. But after spending time with them, she knew they were different than the other foster parents.

Which was why she wasn't surprised when Clarinet didn't blow up.

"And I can't see why people haven't called you a hag before," Lux retorted. "I could list off a few other things you remind me of but I don't want to waste my breath on someone so unworthy of it."

Lux crossed her arms and tapped her foot as Clarinda gave a long winded speech. This set of foster parents really had too many words to say. Maybe she could find a prank to shut them up. Stick masking tape on their mouth or something. She'd gotten lectures before but none as long as the ones The Couple were giving her. Did they not know when to shut up? Even the sound of their voice was irritating.

"I don't give cow shite what you work as and calling me unlovable is the best compliment anyone has ever given me so thank you for that word of encouragement," Lux said in all sincerity though the woman would probably think it sarcastic.

One of the main reasons she wanted to make life difficult for others - besides enjoying the fun she got out of it - was because she didn't want anyone to love her and she didn't want to love in return. It made her vulnerable and that was something she hated. Besides, love equaled pain and she knew how much that hurt. Lux would never let herself go through that much pain again for the sake of love. It wasn't worth it.

She did raise an eyebrow in mild surprise when the woman moved out of the way. Lux had been expecting a long verbal battle until an agreement was squeezed out of her - to inform them about her whereabouts whenever she left the house - before they would let her go upstairs. Apparently they were more lenient than she initially thought. Interesting.

She narrowed her eyes at Clarinet though, and paused for a moment to make sure she was serious about letting her through. But when there was no interference, Lux walked past the woman and up the steps to her room, her mind swirling to compartmentalise and make sense of everything that had happened that night. She hadn't been punished, just made to endure a truckload of words which she supposed was punishment in itself.

She turned Clarinet's words over in her mind, about how she and Camera loved her. It made no sense how someone could love a person who purposely made life difficult for them. It wasn't normal. Then again, intentionally being unlovable wasn't normal too. One way or other, she would find out why they wanted her so badly they would endure everything she threw at them.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:03 am

The words that Clarinda was sure was meant to hurt did nothing to her. She had learnt many a thing while working as a Healer, and even more as a Head Healer. One of them was that people said many things when upset, hurting, or otherwise emotionally unstable. The second thing was that if she took everything they said to heart, she would spend the rest of her life upset, and so she learnt to let them roll over her, and quite honesty was no longer affected by anything people she didn't respect. Another thing she learnt was that by reacting positively - by showing grace and love and patience - she was showing them that she cared. But the most surprising lesson was probably the fact that the hardest people to love were usually the ones that needed it the most.

All these things combined meant that the moment Lux claimed to have many words by which to describe her, Clarinda was only fueled to love the Slytherin more. After all, the young witch was now her daughter, and families stuck together through thick and thin, no matter what.

"I'm not calling you that, dear. The files did. I disagree. I'm calling you our daughter," she corrected, wanting the witch to know without a doubt that both Kam and her were serious about wanting her in their family for the sole reason that they wanted her with no hidden agendas. And, of course, that they loved her.

Watching as Lux walked by, a neutral expression on her face, hand not on wand but ready to remove it should the witch have turned back for any reason, Clarinda waited a few seconds after the figure vanished before moving into the kitchen. Moving straight to Kam, she bent down to offer her husband a kiss. "Things will be okay," she murmured. "She just needs more time and love."
Back to top Go down
Lux Bailey
University Student
University Student

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:52 am

This woman just did not get it, did she? Lux didn't want to be their daughter. She didn't want to be part of any family be it the poorest family in the world or the most important one in the wizarding world. Families meant love and love meant hurt and Lux wasn't about to put herself through that again. She'd been through it once with the Carters and got hurt enough to never ever allow herself to be part of a family no matter how many good memories they had.

She would rather be independent and go without any love than be subjected to that emotion and vulnerable. She had spent too long building walls of ice and knives around her to let The Minister of Magic and his wife break it down with their speeches of love and family. Not gonna happen. Not in a million years.

Lux rolled her eyes and huffed. This woman was slower than the sloths in Zootopia.

"You said and I quote 'more unlovable than me' therefore for anyone to be more unlovable than me means that I am on the scale of unlovableness - if there is even such a word - no matter what you say," Lux shot back.

"And one more thing. I do not want to be called your daughter," she spat out the last word and injected it with as much disgust as she could. It wasn't that she didn't want to be Camera and Clarinet's daughter in particular. It was just that she didn't want to be a daughter in general to anyone.  Sure, she knew she was a daughter to her birth parents but she couldn't care birds' pee about them. They'd abandoned her that was the end of the story.

Lux took a quick shower and jumped into bed, falling asleep almost immediately. She didn't need breakfast, having already eaten and drunk her fill in the bar. Besides, she didn't think she could survive through another meal with them. One meal a day together with them was one too many. So she slept through noon and woke up at half past two in the afternoon. She stayed in bed for a while, deciding what mischief she could get up to that would drive The Couple out of their mind. They didn't have a pet she could torture so she would have to think of something else. She knew she had to be doubly careful with her pranks. And more creative. These guys knew magic, unlike her other foster parents, so it would be much too easy for them to rectify anything she did.

An idea formed in her mind and she got up and dressed herself. She didn't bother letting The Couple know she was going out, merely walking out the front door. She knew though, from what Camera said that people would be stalking her and reporting her whereabouts and activities to them but she didn't bother to hide her tracks, knowing it was more than impossible to do so. She headed to one of the alleys that held what she was looking for. Dead lizards. Well, live lizards. She just killed them. And spiders. She put them in a plastic bag which she stuffed into her messenger bag and headed back to the house.

She made her way up to The Couple's bedroom, and found a nice spot on the wall that would suit her purpose. One by one, she took out the dead lizards and spiders and began forming words with them, sticking them onto the wall using thumbtacks. When she ran out of lizards and spiders, she went to the bathroom and took the tube of toothpaste she found there, using it to continue writing. Her final piece of work read, "You people give me a rash!" Deciding it wasn't enough, Lux took the jar of fake blood she owned, dipped her finger in it and covered every wall space she could reach with every profanity she could think of, both Muggle and magical.

Next, she went to their bed, used one of the many pairs of scissors she own and proceeded to slice open every pillow and bolster she could get her hands on, letting the feathers settle by themselves. It would be easy for them to clean up the mess with a flick of their wand but ripping apart the bedding gave Lux something to do and helped her release some pent up steam.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lux Bailey on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Clarinda said nothing at Lux's outburst, merely listening and taking in the words, storing them away for later discussion with Kamren. It gave them more insight into the mind of the witch, teaching them how and what she thought, as well as her opinions on things. If she wasn't going to sit down and have a decent discussion with them, they had no choice than to go off what she did give them, intentional or not.

Lux didn't show up for breakfast, which Clarinda had expected, and the two had a nice quiet meal together before Kam left for work. The first part of the morning was spent doing typical house chores - laundry, cleaning, washing up, and the like - and when lunch time came around, Clarinda ate on her own, with Lux not responding to the calls. The witch was probably still asleep, and after lunch was finished, Clarinda left a note on the kitchen table letting the Slytherin know that she had run out for some errands and would be home in a couple hours.

Apparating, firstly, to the grocery store, Clarinda had just filled her trolley when her phone buzzed. It was a text from the security detail they had on Lux, indicating that the witch had left the house. Noting this, Clare continued shopping, but it was the next text that really made her stop and stare. Lux is collecting lizards and spiders in an alley and killing them.

A tiny smile formed on her lips as she pondered on this. What could the witch be up to this time? But there was no time to focus on this as her own security detail approached her out of nowhere, informing her of an emergency at the hospital. Apparating there at once, the rest of her 'off-day' (there were never any real off days for her) was spent dealing with a difficult patient.

Arriving home the same time as Kam, the first stop she made was her bedroom. Opening the door, her jaw inched open slightly as she surveyed the mess. "Kam, dear," she called out. "I think you should see this." There was no hiding the slight amusement in her tone; while appalling, there was no denying that it wasn't something that was permanent. "I think she didn't like our deco," she added, dryly, as he approached.

Slipping out her wand, she gave it a few flicks, clearing a path through the feathers and entered, moving towards the bed. Her eyes skimmed over the words on the wall, a frown touching her features. "I have half a mind to use Scourgify the next time she uses such language," she admitted, not afraid of being overheard, for the witch was not at home; the security detail had confirmed that.

It took less than two minutes and a variety of cleaning spells - some verbal and some non - to clean up the mess, but by the time they were done, the room looked as good as new, with the exception of a small pile of dead lizards and spiders leaning against the wall. After some discussion, they came up with a course of action - to not mention it or bring it up with the witch.

After all, if she had done it for attention or to piss them off or provoke something, the easiest way to show her they weren't affected was to just not give her what she wanted. But, they didn't want to make her think it was okay or anything like that, and so, eventually, they came up with something to do.

Placing the dead things in a small box, they left it on the foot of Lux's bed for her to find when she came home. Attached was a note that read, "I believe these are yours. Please don't leave them lying around the house next time."

Dinner was eaten together, a quick meal before they headed to bed. Laying her head on Kam's shoulder, Clare quietly mused, "How long do you think it'll take to get through to Lux?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)   

Back to top Go down

What To Do With a Thing Called Parents (Kamren, Clarinda & Lux)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next