Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm

» .The Wonder Years - Blue - June, 2009 (Alexagramma)
Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

» The Wonder Years - Red - May, 2008 (Alexagramma)
Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

» Fly on the wings of fondness (JacZalea)
Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 Emptyby Jacques Clement Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:49 pm

» If only I, could make a deal with God
Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 Emptyby The Administrator Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Setting the Record Straight (Christopher)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting the Record Straight (Christopher)   Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 1:47 am

Serafina raised an eyebrow at his statement, not missing the disdain in his tone. It seemed she had overestimated what his tutors had been teaching him, and made a mental note to inquire a little bit more into the tutors he had, especially the one on business deals - and, perhaps, language, too. Allowing him the liberty of finishing his statement, she waited a heartbeat to ensure he had finished before shaking her head gently.

"No, Chris, that is not what I'm worried about," she corrected. "I wouldn't have told you if I had the slightest doubt that you wouldn't remain loyal." Pausing, she ran through the words in her mind before speaking again. "Liability has two definitions, Chris. In business, it means being responsible for something. In common terms, it is simply a person that has the potential to place one at a disadvantage. I suppose a synonym for this would be 'weakness', should you wish to use a more distasteful word."

Gesturing to Chris, she said, "In this case, you are my liability; you have this knowledge that could cause my ruin. Having said that, you are now liable because I have told you. This information is now your responsibility."

Leaning back, quite calm for someone who just admitted that their younger brother now held immense power over them - even if, in a sense, he already sort of did - Serafina smiled at him. "Truth, Chris, is nothing more than a tool. It holds more power than one would expect of something so simple, so make no mistakes when handling it, especially if it's your own," she concluded, her lesson of the day more or less done. It was a costly one for her should it backfire, but she was confident that she had her brother well-read. She had, after all, literally watched him grow up.

His condition was one that amused her greatly, and she couldn't help but laugh. "If you would prefer details on any... courses of action I take with him, I can most certainly provide those, brother," she teased lightly, unable to keep the smile off her face at this notion, "because I won't be doing anything. You can trust me on this; Seth is the last person on which these concerns of yours should rest."

Pausing, she gave another laugh. "It's no question on my reputation amongst Pureblood males, Chris; I am sure even you know what they say. I am not about to grant any of them the satisfaction of saying they were first," she confirmed. "I would arrest anyone should they try. Don't forget I'm going to be an Auror soon, brother, and that my newest friends mostly run in that circle."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Setting the Record Straight (Christopher)   Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 pm

Christopher knew what a liability was - assets, liabilities, equity all of this he knew - Serafina was mollycoddling him once again, and he was growing tired of her lectures. He respected her, yes, didn't pretend to know more than she did, but Christopher certainly did not enjoy being lectured.

"It's not exactly a liability." Christopher countered, his lips turning up to a smile. "This information is an asset, which I can use for future benefit. Should I need to. But, rest assured, so long as we agree on things, I shouldn't have need to discuss this with anyone else." He explained, making it clear he knew exactly the weight of this information, but also that he had no intention of using it unless Serafina twisted his arm in to needing to.

In truth, Christopher would keep to that, because he was not about to throw his sister under a moving bus, so to speak.

The insistence that Serafina wouldn't be getting herself in to situations Christopher would rather not think about, he relaxed. It was enough, for the moment.

"So, when do we get to meet the man you wooed?" Christopher asked, a smirk playing on his lips at the question. This was going to be fun, playing around with the man everyone believed Serafina had agreed to marry. Push buttons, see what he was made of. After all, what kind of a man would agree to such a farce?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Setting the Record Straight (Christopher)   Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 1:11 pm

Chris understood, she could tell that much, and she copied his smile, chuckling a little. "What is an asset for one is a liability to another," she replied. "And brother, I wouldn't have told you had I doubted, as I've already said." She was not worried about his secrets coming out; Serafina was certain that, in time, she would find out things about him, too, that could provide her with assets.

He was young, after all, and a male. She was not naive, and having grown up before him, she had the advantage of being the female that many boys sought after, and so she knew the weaknesses of men, and boys, and boys-becoming-men, as Christopher was currently. All it would take to destory the family name was one. Wrong. Step. A heartbeat, a moment of weakness and uncertainty, a blink of the eyes... And she would have something on him.

She wasn't one to care about the personal habits of her siblings or parents, not particularly; she only cared about the preservation of the last name - her last name - and if that meant blackmaining family, then she wouldn't mind. Two things were needed for blackmail. Firstly, information. Secondly, for the person to feel embarassed or ashamed of what they were doing, or for it to otherwise destroy them if brought to light.

And, with Chris being Chris, she was certain that before long, she'd have this information, in whatever form it took. That was why she was using her connections, be it Professors or students, to keep tabs on Chris - and all her other siblings.

At the question, she laughed, properly this time, not missing the stress he put on the word. "Soon enough, brother. I asked for a few days to let things settle, and I wanted to inform you of the truth while I'm sure he does the same with whomever he trusts - which may be nobody, now that I think of it. I'll write to him to set up a date later today," she explained, a very slight sly smile on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting the Record Straight (Christopher)   Setting the Record Straight (Christopher) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Setting the Record Straight (Christopher)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2